Author Topic: Harry Kewell  (Read 91405 times)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: Harry Kewell Signs For Galatasaray
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2008, 10:41:16 pm »
Not wishing to open a big can of worms but didnt Man U fans have trouble there, a couple of years running, I know there were no fatalities but it doesnt make it any less important does it??
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are the best GALATASARAY
    • Galatasaray's Best Web  Forum
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2008, 12:28:45 am »
Not wishing to open a big can of worms but didnt Man U fans have trouble there, a couple of years running, I know there were no fatalities but it doesnt make it any less important does it??

I don't know, never heard of any issues. And small things happen everywhere anyways.

You guys were in Istanbul, did you have any trouble?
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2008, 12:29:40 am »
Are you avin a laff!!!!
How insincere and uncaring are you!!!

I write what I believe...

And I do care, I wouldn't write about this shite if I didn't.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2008, 01:06:55 am »
couple of things here
I believe Bryan Robson was also hit with a riot shield after a game at Gala one of those years...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/stadium-they-proudly-call-hell-is-an-inferno-that-burns-with-passion-719335.html

I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2008, 04:07:00 am »
This is out of order!

In all the Turkish history of football there are only three casualties. One was a gang fight not related to football and the other was the two murders before Gala-Leeds game, which also was no way related to the game. Tell me, how many people died because of British holiganism ? I am guessing more than two...

As I said above, the two murders in Istanbul were not related to the game or Gala. There are some things that you should be aware of in foreign cultures. You can not go to Redneckville/Texas and shout "Whites suck, blacks rule", you can not go to India and butcher a "holy" cow in the middle of the street, you can not come to Turkey, consume alcohol to senselessness and  insult people's wifes/daughters or Turkish Flag. If you do these things best case scenario you will get a good beating, worst case scenario you will get lynched. I am not saying that what happened was OK, it was despicable but these things happen. However, because of an independent incident, you can not claim that home fans were  "hissing like animals baying for blood", that is complete ignorance. We shared the sadness of losing two souls that night but that was not going to stop us from supporting our team and we were doing just that.

As for Kewell, he is a professional football player trying to make a living. Why the hell would/should he care?

I am glad he came, he reminds us of Hagi and is doing wonderful both inside the field and outside.

You've got a point, but you can't say it wasn't related to the match, they obviously weren't two foriegners on holiday. Not to mention the fact that the deaths were only part of a huge problem. You can't blame the Leeds fans for having a problem with Turkish football, and like you said you aren't the only nation with its share of problems in that respect...and there no doubt will be many more incidents, Turkish and otherwise. Its the nature of football unfortunately.

I'm sure it wasn't just money that lured him to Turkey - I'm sure he knew he'd be treated well, and would get a fresh start of sorts. Its the same thing with Robinho going to Manchester City - we can sit here and say its all about the money and nothing else, but nobody here knows any better than the next guy.

"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: January 5, 2009, 03:52:18 pm »
This outta make you guys mad...

From Fox Sports in Australia:
------------
SURROUNDED by mosques and living with the constant rhythm of Islamic prayer five times a day, Harry Kewell has finally found peace, hope - and goals.

After five mostly tortured years in Liverpool, where he was dogged by injury and the derision from fans who declared him a waste of money, Kewell has started what he calls "a new chapter" in his career and life in the unlikely setting of Istanbul, a beautiful seaport in Turkey.

He spends his time wandering around the Grand Bazaar and sipping apple tea at a local cafe, delighting in the change of pace.

It's a far cry from Smithfield, the working-class suburb in southwestern Sydney his family still calls home. And it is a world away from the bright lights and incessant pressure of England's Premier League.

"It was something different in moving to Turkey," Kewell, 30, says.

"The people who live in Istanbul are very passionate, but this can be their worst enemy as they tend to stay in Turkey and do not go and experience other cultures.

"The thing that hit me when I moved here were the mosques. I live near one, and they are quite breathtaking. The praying is quite soothing.

"Everyone talks about the Turkish coffee and the tea here, but with dinner I just have a cappuccino. My son, though, is proving to be English, as he likes to drink tea all the time."

Many saw Kewell's off-season move to Galatasaray as taking the easy option after a succession of injuries ate away at the career of a player rated by many as the best Australia has produced.

Turkey's Super Lig is hardly the hub of European football, and clubs such as AS Roma, Spartak Moscow and England's FA Cup champion Portsmouth came knocking on Kewell's door once he was released by Liverpool.

But away from the fishbowl existence in England, where the tabloid press is constantly nipping away, Kewell has produced his best form since leaving Leeds for Liverpool in 2003.

An ankle injury and hernia operation brought him back to Sydney last month, but that has been the only setback as he scored eight goals in his first 16 games for his new club.

Fans have taken him to their heart, regularly singing his name to the tune of Daddy Cool.

The Turkish league is on its winter break until January 25 and Galatasaray, who are sitting third - a point behind leaders Sivasspor and Trabzonspor - are hoping to have their prize recruit back and in form for a run at the championship.

"Liverpool fans don't compare at all to Galatasaray fans," Kewell says. "The fans are the most dedicated I have seen.

"We were at a game last year in Germany and there were 62,000 fans, but 40,000 of them were our fans. They travel all over Europe to watch us play. They are totally fanatical and the team love the support.

"There are about 70 million people living in Turkey, and about 25 million of them are Galatasaray fans. People will come up to you to get an autograph or just to say 'hello' and then they will leave you alone. They are nice and polite people and know how to handle you. It's a nice change."

And Kewell certainly doesn't see this a step back in his career.

"The football in Turkey is quite similar to the Premier League," he says.

"It's fast and furious. There is also a lot of attacking ... if you have a good mentality, there are more opportunities to score here. We may not have the same calibre of players, but the game is highly regarded here.

"Besitkas, Fenerbahce and Galatasaray all do well in Europe, so the Super Lig definitely has a good reputation. It's hard to compare leagues.

"At the end of the day, the Premier League attracts the best players in the world. The big leagues in Europe are the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A, but I think that the Super Lig is just behind those three.

"The only area that is weak and needs to be worked on in Turkey is defence. But the league is attracting some class players and the competition seems to be improving."

Next year's World Cup is also never far from his thoughts as the countdown begins, with the finals in South Africa just 521 days away.

Kewell played his first game for the Socceroos as a 17-year-old in 1997 and has been in the trenches as soccer has fought for credibility and recognition in this country.

The whole nation rode the fairytale to Germany in 2006, but Kewell cautions against getting ahead of ourselves this time with a crucial qualifying match coming up against Japan in Yokohama on February 11.

"We have had a good qualifying campaign so far, but it's not over until that last game," he says.

"In saying that, we need a bit of a kick up the backside. Pim (Verbeek) has been disappointed the last two games, so we need to get that right for the next qualifier.

"The squad is looking strong. There is always talk of the best squads we have had in the past, but I believe we have a really strong squad at the moment.

"It all comes down to opportunity and any of the boys are willing to step up to the challenge."

However, with three wins from three and sitting on top of the Asian group, the signs look promising as Verbeek builds on the platform carefully laid by fellow Dutchman Guus Hiddink.

Verbeek has been in control of the national team since December 2007 and has a 62 per cent winning rate.

"Pim has had a very good start with the Socceroos," Kewell says. "I guess he has learnt off the best in Guus (Hiddink). He works with a great team and hopefully we can repay his faith.

"I have gotten on well with all of the managers. Guus was strict and strong to work with, but it was a pleasure to have played underneath him."

If the Socceroos do qualify for the World Cup, they won't have the element of surprise this time.

The rest of the world won't have forgotten Australia qualified for the knockout stage and only lost to eventual champion Italy after a disputed penalty kick in the dying minutes.

"No one expected us to do so well in Germany, so obviously that is going to place more pressure on us come 2010," says Kewell, who missed the loss to Italy because of gout.

"It won't be just the fans who will be watching us closely.

"I think a lot of other teams will as well."

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 5, 2009, 03:55:34 pm »
He's right though isnt he, this urban myth about us being the best fans in the world is bollocks, gala fans raise the ro every game. Also he did get slagged off here all the time, remember that youtube video of our "fans" abusing him on his way into Anfield.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #247 on: January 5, 2009, 04:06:06 pm »
He's a mercenary, of course he'll say that Galatasaray's fans are the best, he'll probably say he's always supported the Turkish team.

:tosser
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 5, 2009, 04:10:02 pm »
He's a mercenary, of course he'll say that Galatasaray's fans are the best, he'll probably say he's always supported the Turkish team.

:tosser

I would totally understand him praising us in Turkey but rarely anyone is mad enough like me to check Aussie papers :).

Yes he is injured. He got his surgery done after playing the 1st half of the season and will be fit in early February.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #249 on: January 5, 2009, 04:11:13 pm »
will be fit in early February.

Is that what he told you ;)?

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: January 5, 2009, 04:12:27 pm »
Is that what he told you ;)?

Yes, we chat every single night before I tug him into his fluffy bad with Liverpool colored teddy bears ;)

Pheeny

« Reply #251 on: January 5, 2009, 04:13:46 pm »

Yes he is injured. He got his surgery done after playing the 1st half of the season and will be fit in early February.
and so it begins...

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: January 5, 2009, 04:16:40 pm »
and so it begins...

And so it keeps beginning since the start of the season :). Wish I had a cent for every time I've read this sentence in this forum, I would be richer than donald duck!

20 games 9 goals 2 assists for the 1st half of the season. Not bad of a "beginning", eh?

Offline KopLad09

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #253 on: January 5, 2009, 04:17:13 pm »
he's right , we used to be the best fans in the world during the 80's and early 90's, but now on a normal matchday eg west ham, wigan etc, its not a good atmosphere because the kop is full of whoppers, for me only big games put us in the shortlist for best fans in the world, anyone agree ?

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #254 on: January 5, 2009, 04:19:51 pm »
And so it keeps beginning since the start of the season :). Wish I had a cent for every time I've read this sentence in this forum, I would be richer than donald duck!

20 games 9 goals 2 assists for the 1st half of the season. Not bad of a "beginning", eh?

The season he signed for us, he'd scored 11 by December. And then was barely seen again save for a decent spell (not goal scoring, but important none the less) in 2005-2006.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #255 on: January 5, 2009, 04:23:37 pm »
The season he signed for us, he'd scored 11 by December. And then was barely seen again save for a decent spell (not goal scoring, but important none the less) in 2005-2006.
Wasn't he seen running to get his CL winners medal in 2005 ? ;)
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #256 on: January 5, 2009, 04:25:24 pm »
Wish I had a cent for every time I've read this sentence in this forum, I would be richer than donald duck!

Why did I not know that Donald Duck is richer than a motherfucker?
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #257 on: January 5, 2009, 04:47:17 pm »
Why did I not know that Donald Duck is richer than a motherfucker?

He probably means Scrooge McDuck.  I'd like to dive into a giant vault building full of money as well.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 6, 2009, 10:02:09 am »
This outta make you guys mad...

From Fox Sports in Australia:
------------
SURROUNDED by mosques and living with the constant rhythm of Islamic prayer five times a day, Harry Kewell has finally found peace, hope - and goals.

After five mostly tortured years in Liverpool, where he was dogged by injury and the derision from fans who declared him a waste of money, Kewell has started what he calls "a new chapter" in his career and life in the unlikely setting of Istanbul, a beautiful seaport in Turkey.

He spends his time wandering around the Grand Bazaar and sipping apple tea at a local cafe, delighting in the change of pace.

It's a far cry from Smithfield, the working-class suburb in southwestern Sydney his family still calls home. And it is a world away from the bright lights and incessant pressure of England's Premier League.

"It was something different in moving to Turkey," Kewell, 30, says.

"The people who live in Istanbul are very passionate, but this can be their worst enemy as they tend to stay in Turkey and do not go and experience other cultures.

"The thing that hit me when I moved here were the mosques. I live near one, and they are quite breathtaking. The praying is quite soothing.

"Everyone talks about the Turkish coffee and the tea here, but with dinner I just have a cappuccino. My son, though, is proving to be English, as he likes to drink tea all the time."

Many saw Kewell's off-season move to Galatasaray as taking the easy option after a succession of injuries ate away at the career of a player rated by many as the best Australia has produced.

Turkey's Super Lig is hardly the hub of European football, and clubs such as AS Roma, Spartak Moscow and England's FA Cup champion Portsmouth came knocking on Kewell's door once he was released by Liverpool.

But away from the fishbowl existence in England, where the tabloid press is constantly nipping away, Kewell has produced his best form since leaving Leeds for Liverpool in 2003.

An ankle injury and hernia operation brought him back to Sydney last month, but that has been the only setback as he scored eight goals in his first 16 games for his new club.

Fans have taken him to their heart, regularly singing his name to the tune of Daddy Cool.

The Turkish league is on its winter break until January 25 and Galatasaray, who are sitting third - a point behind leaders Sivasspor and Trabzonspor - are hoping to have their prize recruit back and in form for a run at the championship.

"Liverpool fans don't compare at all to Galatasaray fans," Kewell says. "The fans are the most dedicated I have seen.

"We were at a game last year in Germany and there were 62,000 fans, but 40,000 of them were our fans. They travel all over Europe to watch us play. They are totally fanatical and the team love the support.

"There are about 70 million people living in Turkey, and about 25 million of them are Galatasaray fans. People will come up to you to get an autograph or just to say 'hello' and then they will leave you alone. They are nice and polite people and know how to handle you. It's a nice change."

And Kewell certainly doesn't see this a step back in his career.

"The football in Turkey is quite similar to the Premier League," he says.

"It's fast and furious. There is also a lot of attacking ... if you have a good mentality, there are more opportunities to score here. We may not have the same calibre of players, but the game is highly regarded here.

"Besitkas, Fenerbahce and Galatasaray all do well in Europe, so the Super Lig definitely has a good reputation. It's hard to compare leagues.

"At the end of the day, the Premier League attracts the best players in the world. The big leagues in Europe are the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A, but I think that the Super Lig is just behind those three.

"The only area that is weak and needs to be worked on in Turkey is defence. But the league is attracting some class players and the competition seems to be improving."

Next year's World Cup is also never far from his thoughts as the countdown begins, with the finals in South Africa just 521 days away.

Kewell played his first game for the Socceroos as a 17-year-old in 1997 and has been in the trenches as soccer has fought for credibility and recognition in this country.

The whole nation rode the fairytale to Germany in 2006, but Kewell cautions against getting ahead of ourselves this time with a crucial qualifying match coming up against Japan in Yokohama on February 11.

"We have had a good qualifying campaign so far, but it's not over until that last game," he says.

"In saying that, we need a bit of a kick up the backside. Pim (Verbeek) has been disappointed the last two games, so we need to get that right for the next qualifier.

"The squad is looking strong. There is always talk of the best squads we have had in the past, but I believe we have a really strong squad at the moment.

"It all comes down to opportunity and any of the boys are willing to step up to the challenge."

However, with three wins from three and sitting on top of the Asian group, the signs look promising as Verbeek builds on the platform carefully laid by fellow Dutchman Guus Hiddink.

Verbeek has been in control of the national team since December 2007 and has a 62 per cent winning rate.

"Pim has had a very good start with the Socceroos," Kewell says. "I guess he has learnt off the best in Guus (Hiddink). He works with a great team and hopefully we can repay his faith.

"I have gotten on well with all of the managers. Guus was strict and strong to work with, but it was a pleasure to have played underneath him."

If the Socceroos do qualify for the World Cup, they won't have the element of surprise this time.

The rest of the world won't have forgotten Australia qualified for the knockout stage and only lost to eventual champion Italy after a disputed penalty kick in the dying minutes.

"No one expected us to do so well in Germany, so obviously that is going to place more pressure on us come 2010," says Kewell, who missed the loss to Italy because of gout.

"It won't be just the fans who will be watching us closely.

"I think a lot of other teams will as well."

c*nt

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #259 on: January 6, 2009, 10:16:37 am »
For me players like Biscan, Traore, Pongolle and Mellor will always be remembered with affection for the part they played in Istanbul and the lead up to it.
 Kewell, on the other hand, will always be a shithouse in my opinion. A mercenary c*nt.
 There is a sort of irony in the fact he is now 'earning' his living in Istanbul. His most defining moment in a Liverpool shirt was limping off in the final (again) and is what most of us will remember him for.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #260 on: January 6, 2009, 10:28:26 am »
For me players like Biscan, Traore, Pongolle and Mellor will always be remembered with affection for the part they played in Istanbul and the lead up to it.
 Kewell, on the other hand, will always be a shithouse in my opinion. A mercenary c*nt.
 There is a sort of irony in the fact he is now 'earning' his living in Istanbul. His most defining moment in a Liverpool shirt was limping off in the final (again) and is what most of us will remember him for.

For 60k a week, he was an absolute waste of money.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: January 6, 2009, 12:44:11 pm »
why is he a mercenary c*nt? He can hardly help it If he got injured? Spent 5 years with us, it didn't work out quite as well as we all hoped. What more would you have wanted of him? Sign a new contract for peanut wages supposedly to repay us for the injuries that wasn't in his control?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duoFwYSYNR4

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 6, 2009, 01:10:39 pm »

How dare he limp off and not play football again until October.

Offline Grushko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: January 6, 2009, 01:21:18 pm »
Expect him back around this time next year then Gala supporter.
You are Always in our Hearts
You are Always in our Thoughts
We Will Never forget You
You Will Never Walk Alone

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #264 on: January 6, 2009, 01:43:44 pm »
He's shite.

Stan Lazaridis was much better.
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline pinkdragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 6, 2009, 02:04:33 pm »
I've always supported Kewell and I don't intend to stop. He was treated badly by the Liverpool fans even though it was well documented that he suffered a great deal to play and wanted to play. Injuries happen and it's not like he went home one night and put a butcher knife to himself. I hope he's happy. I hope he does well. Good for him and any success he might attain. And as for the Liverpool fans not being as good as Gala, well have you listened to the boo boys lately? Disgusting.
My love. My passion. My life. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: January 6, 2009, 02:06:41 pm »
why is he a mercenary c*nt? He can hardly help it If he got injured? Spent 5 years with us, it didn't work out quite as well as we all hoped. What more would you have wanted of him? Sign a new contract for peanut wages supposedly to repay us for the injuries that wasn't in his control?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duoFwYSYNR4

I have tried so hard for year's to accept the fact it was bad luck....but for 60k per week...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 6, 2009, 04:51:46 pm »
It's not like he didn't do anything though, he played 100 something games and 15-20 goals including some crackers. One would imagine, by what you are saying is that all he did for the last 5 years was to collect his paycheck.. Though injuries limited the no of appearances, playing top level football requires a lot from the body and like all footballers had to keep his body fit enough for football.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 6, 2009, 06:32:18 pm »
Just as a side note: He came to Istanbul today to join the mid season preps, he is healing just fine and supposed to be fully fit by mid February.

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #269 on: January 6, 2009, 06:48:53 pm »
Wish I had a cent for every time I've read this sentence in this forum, I would be richer than donald duck!

Donald Trump?

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #270 on: January 6, 2009, 06:49:23 pm »
Just as a side note: He came to Istanbul today to join the mid season preps, he is healing just fine and supposed to be fully fit by mid February.

... 2013...

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #271 on: January 6, 2009, 07:24:40 pm »
He was shit for us. But it wsn't all his fault.

Dont let the 60k a week blind your judgement, he WAS injured for far too long and thats that. He limped out in the CL final. What did you expect him to do...carry on. If he had done so we'd prob have not won!!!

He seems a bit bitter but wouldn't you be if your own fans treat you like shit. The way him and his missus got verbal abuse was OTT
« Last Edit: January 7, 2009, 12:22:16 am by buzzing »
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: January 7, 2009, 01:48:43 am »
He was shit for us. But it wsn't all his fault.

Dont let the 60k a week blind your judgement, he WAS injured for far too long and thats that. He limped out in the CL final. What did you expect him to do...carry on. If he had done so we'd prob have not won!!!

He seems a bit bitter but wouldn't you be if your own fans treat you like shit. The way him and his missus got verbal abuse was OTT

I heard more shite being said about him by local boys than from OTTs so you might want to re-check your facts on that one...

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #273 on: January 7, 2009, 02:01:43 am »

I heard more shite being said about him by local boys than from OTTs so you might want to re-check your facts on that one...
I think he's meaning 'Over the top'.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #274 on: January 7, 2009, 02:02:10 am »

He meant Over the Top (OTT) and not Out of Towners (OOT) mate.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 7, 2009, 08:27:03 am »
It's nice to see Kewell doing good with another club, seeing an ex red do good with another is always good.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 7, 2009, 12:09:19 pm »
I think he's meaning 'Over the top'.

ok..sorry!

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #277 on: January 7, 2009, 12:18:37 pm »
It's nice to see Kewell doing good with another club, seeing an ex red do good with another is always good.
Good good.
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
  • We will go to Paris.....we may even go to France
« Reply #278 on: January 8, 2009, 02:42:58 am »
I've always supported Kewell and I don't intend to stop. He was treated badly by the Liverpool fans even though it was well documented that he suffered a great deal to play and wanted to play. Injuries happen and it's not like he went home one night and put a butcher knife to himself. I hope he's happy. I hope he does well. Good for him and any success he might attain.

Pretty much my thoughts also. Well said.
"Sir, I may be an idiot but there is one thing that I am not - and that, sir, is an idiot" Peter Griffin

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #279 on: January 8, 2009, 07:12:44 am »
I have tried so hard for year's to accept the fact it was bad luck....but for 60k per week...

He asked for it and someone accepted gave him....blame the manager for paying that much for a crook.  Its not like he injured himself throughout his career here and then take the money in the tils
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101