Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 795051 times)

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #5440 on: April 1, 2023, 02:28:32 pm »
Pathetic today , just runs around like a headless chicken.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5441 on: April 1, 2023, 02:29:21 pm »
Quietly been an issue a lot this season- poor defensively and offering nothing with the ball

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5442 on: April 1, 2023, 02:29:38 pm »
Pathetic today , just runs around like a headless chicken.
He’s been poor defensively all season (as have the rest of the back line) but he’s the only one who somehow doesn’t get questioned. The amount of times he decides to press like a headless chicken leaving huge gaps in behind is mental. And that’s without even mentioning the amount of times he gets up the pitch and just seems to twat it across goal without even looking at where our attackers are.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #5443 on: April 1, 2023, 02:30:51 pm »
A big problem going forward, literally. As for his defending, better not go there.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5444 on: April 1, 2023, 02:31:38 pm »
Tsimikas should have played a lot more this season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5445 on: April 1, 2023, 02:31:58 pm »
All the calls for Trent needing a genuine ‘back up’ are a little redundant when he’s been stinking the gaff out all season and still starts every week
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #5446 on: April 1, 2023, 02:36:43 pm »
He’s just as bad as trent. Always been very limited on the ball with decent delivery but fuck me everything from him screams championship level player. You can tell klopp has his favourites and he’s one of them because no way in hell should he be starting over tsimikas week in week out

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5447 on: April 1, 2023, 02:37:35 pm »
All the calls for Trent needing a genuine ‘back up’ are a little redundant when he’s been stinking the gaff out all season and still starts every week
I get Klopp loves his attitude (as do I) but him and Trent are massive problems at the moment.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5448 on: April 1, 2023, 02:37:57 pm »
He was bad, so was pretty much everyone else.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5449 on: April 1, 2023, 02:39:25 pm »
He was bad, so was pretty much everyone else.

By far the worst today. Was at fault for 3 goals. Mahrez who was playing on an empty stomach (!) roasted him all game. He’s way too much of an emotional defender.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5450 on: April 1, 2023, 02:39:46 pm »
You have to remember that Robertson played in close proximity to Gini and Mane. They elevated his game tenfold

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5451 on: April 1, 2023, 02:40:17 pm »
You have to remember that Robertson played in close proximity to Gini and Mane. They elevated his game tenfold

Agree

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5452 on: April 1, 2023, 02:50:09 pm »
Still got plenty to offer but getting to the age where it'd be ideal to get someone in who can potentially take over from him at some point in the next season or two. Like the Konate to Matip. What most likely happens is he'll get more contracts, we'll have to watch him get destroyed for a season or two when he can barely move at 32 or 33 and then we'll try and replace him.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5453 on: April 1, 2023, 02:51:09 pm »
Calling for Alisson to come claim that ball was fucking WILD

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5454 on: April 1, 2023, 02:54:08 pm »
We need pretty much and entire back line, not just robertson , trent  and virgil are gone too

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5455 on: April 1, 2023, 02:55:06 pm »
Masterclass in shite today.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #5456 on: April 1, 2023, 02:55:47 pm »

Okay but i suspect playing next to arguably the best CB of all time pre injury has had the most effect

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5457 on: April 1, 2023, 02:56:21 pm »
Masterclass in shite today.

Behave and have a word with yourself.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5458 on: April 1, 2023, 02:57:56 pm »
Okay but i suspect playing next to arguably the best CB of all time pre injury has had the most effect

So what's Van Dijk doing now post injury thats having such a devastating effect on his game?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5459 on: April 1, 2023, 02:59:06 pm »
Awful going forward today. Opportunity in each half to put ball in and it was his worst attempts this season.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5460 on: April 1, 2023, 02:59:30 pm »
So what's Van Dijk doing now post injury thats having such a devastating effect on his game?
Being shit instead of the best in the world capable of being a one man defence :P

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5461 on: April 1, 2023, 04:39:11 pm »
Robbo has been world class for so many years but are we now entering the stage at 29 with a zillion miles on the clock bombing down the wing that he should be a experienced backup to a younger fresher hungrier player rather than first choice.

You'd hate to lose such a great professional out of the dressing room but can he ever reach his previous level as he heads into his thirties.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5462 on: April 1, 2023, 06:26:58 pm »
He's 29 already???? I thought he was still like 24.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5463 on: April 1, 2023, 06:30:25 pm »
One of the worst footballers technically I have ever seen. Makes Riise look like Marcelo. His crossing is so underwhelming. And he needs to be taken off corner and indirect freekick duty. They never beat the man. One laughable moment in the second half was when his passing lane was closed for that out ball he uses to just kick it far down the touchline  :butt he passed it straight to Jiminez  :butt. Even for the third goal why did he let Traore run across him. Is he keeping our FairPlay title defence going? Just trip the c*nt. Been shit for 2 years. Thanks but would sell while he is worth money.

Have a wank you miserable twat.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5464 on: April 1, 2023, 06:33:24 pm »
Did Tsimikas have a knock today? I was really expecting him to play rather than Robertson. His energy levels were bound to be down with the internationals he has played recently.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5465 on: April 1, 2023, 06:36:44 pm »
Did Tsimikas have a knock today? I was really expecting him to play rather than Robertson. His energy levels were bound to be down with the internationals he has played recently.

I think Kostas had a back issue, picked up on the internationals? So he was unlikely to start (or play the full 90) today? Maybe Kostas'll be starting Tuesday away at Chelsea?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5466 on: April 1, 2023, 06:40:21 pm »
I think Kostas had a back issue, picked up on the internationals? So he was unlikely to start (or play the full 90) today? Maybe Kostas'll be starting Tuesday away at Chelsea?

That's why I asked the question Jase, it seemed an obvious fix but obviously not possible this time.  :-\
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5467 on: April 1, 2023, 06:41:45 pm »
He’s just as bad as trent. Always been very limited on the ball with decent delivery but fuck me everything from him screams championship level player. You can tell klopp has his favourites and he’s one of them because no way in hell should he be starting over tsimikas week in week out

He's been as poor as most this season - but hardly on his own. To call him a championship level player is incredibly disrespectful to a lad who has been integral to our success - not to mention played in 3 champions league finals. You're a tool - and typical of some of bellends on here.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5468 on: April 1, 2023, 07:34:09 pm »
He’s just as bad as Trent.
The big difference is one is trying too hard while the other thinks breaking sweat is beneath him and taking runners is someone else’s job.

Always been very limited on the ball with decent delivery
Yeah the guy who has just broken the Premier League record for assists from a defender has always been limited on the ball 🙄
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #5469 on: April 1, 2023, 07:37:51 pm »
The big difference is one is trying too hard while the other thinks breaking sweat is beneath him and taking runners is someone else’s job.
Yeah the guy who has just broken the Premier League record for assists from a defender has always been limited on the ball 🙄

It used to be Gini's job when we had a functioning midfield, to be fair.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5470 on: April 1, 2023, 08:11:37 pm »
Hopefully Tsimikas can start the next game, he's had good performances this season only to lose his place to Robertson. To be far to him Robbo has had some decent performances in big games overall, but he needs a rest.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5471 on: April 1, 2023, 08:21:23 pm »
And when Kos puts in an average performance, see this thread with why did we bench Robbo?? Rinse and repeat.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #5472 on: April 1, 2023, 08:42:05 pm »

He’s limited on the ball when it comes to receiving it under pressure, progressing the ball forward or even taking on a man one on one. His crossing whilst in the past has been excellent, it’s more hit and hope for the best now. Kostas has literally been better than him in every sense this season but due to his reputation, he’s still being picked week in week out.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5473 on: April 1, 2023, 11:22:09 pm »
He’s limited on the ball when it comes to receiving it under pressure, progressing the ball forward or even taking on a man one on one. His crossing whilst in the past has been excellent, it’s more hit and hope for the best now. Kostas has literally been better than him in every sense this season but due to his reputation, he’s still being picked week in week out.
His lack of a right foot limits his options. He also tends to put us under pressure but going on one-man presses.

Offline markiv

• Main Stander
« Reply #5474 on: April 1, 2023, 11:44:34 pm »
I honestly think Robbo is the least of our problems defensively. I  think he will come good with more runners in midfield. Yes, he had a terrible game today and was rightly subbed but our right side is becoming a real problem and every team is exposing us there.

For the 2nd goal, Trent is out of position pressing their defence, Harvey is tucked in and not covering for Trent and Fab then comes over to the right to cover for Trent leaving a big hole in the middle. Ali has been our best player this season, but I have no idea why he was on the goal line when we were playing such a high line. He should have been much higher, sweeping up, otherwise the high line is pointless.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #5475 on: April 2, 2023, 08:13:48 am »
By far the worst today. Was at fault for 3 goals. Mahrez who was playing on an empty stomach (!) roasted him all game. He’s way too much of an emotional defender.

Yep, without a shadow of doubt he was our worst player yesterday.  His passing in the 1st half was atrocious. Arguably the worst performance I've seen from him. Was not surprised to see him hauled off. The only surprise was that it wasn't after 30 minutes.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5476 on: April 2, 2023, 08:24:46 am »
Overcommitting which led to the equaliser. Had the whole of the left hand side to run into, look up and pick out a player and ended up literally passing to the keeper. His first half highlights it only got worse in the second half.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5477 on: April 2, 2023, 11:16:30 am »
His lack of a right foot limits his options. He also tends to put us under pressure but going on one-man presses.

I think like Henderson once the pace and energy go quickly Robertson will look very average. He was always one for kick and run past the opposing full back (incredibly good at that!) but losing half a yard makes him look toothless and get caught out. At 29 having played so intensively for 6 years we can’t be surprised that he can’t just win out through physicality.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5478 on: April 2, 2023, 11:26:38 am »
I think like Henderson once the pace and energy go quickly Robertson will look very average. He was always one for kick and run past the opposing full back (incredibly good at that!) but losing half a yard makes him look toothless and get caught out. At 29 having played so intensively for 6 years we can’t be surprised that he can’t just win out through physicality.

Agree,

Robbo, Hendo, Milner and many others are prototypical UK/EPL Players. Their game revolves around intensity and athleticism. Yes they have technical ability, which is why they're better than many of the other athletic but lesser gifted players. Unfortunately, their technical abilities aren't stratospheric in any sense. That's why quite often these types of players have fairly truncated careers because as their gifts go, their ability to control a game also goes. Their technical qualities are good, but not great which is why you don't see them running the show a la Modric or many others who are 30+ in various leagues.

They are still good players, and still useful to us. We just have to be wise to the fact that you can't keep thrashing their physicality and hoping that the same player of 1-2 years ago keeps turning up, because they won't. They haven't been.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5479 on: April 2, 2023, 11:37:07 am »
Has been absolutely shocking all season, honestly thought he was pretty average last season as well. Probably our weakest link all told.

Weirdly he has escaped most of the criticism in favor of Trent who actually does produce something in games, Robbo at best does nothing these days.