Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Knight on Today at 02:33:19 pm »
I understand how xG works. I just think it's already a flawed (but interesting nonetheless) system and the way you are interpreting it takes that level of flawed beneath the floor.

And yet you've been arguing Nunez takes lots of low value shots. So I don't know if you do.
General Football and Sport / Re: The FA Cup.
« Last post by gjr1 on Today at 02:30:22 pm »
Absolute disgrace!
Guy Copperfeel ;D

John Wittingdale wanting odd sexual acts. Reminds me of the time in The Thick of It when Malcolm Tucker and Stewart Pearson argue over these things being carried out by their parties MP’s.

Judging by the standards of the current Tory Party they were probably underplaying the levels of fucked up things MPs were getting up to in the Thick of It.
Anyone else think they will look to counter early and try and score? I think they'll set up more defensive but will absolutely be trying to get a goal tonight and I bet they think they can get it.

I really, really hope for an early goal for us inside the first 10 minutes. Will do wonders for us.
Sat 20th April

Luton 2-1 Brentford
Sheff Utd 2-1 Burnley
Wolves 2-1 Arsenal

Sun 21st April

Everton 1-1 Forest
Villa 4-2 Bournemouth
Palace 2-1 West Ham
Fulham 1-2 Liverpool

Tues 23rd April

Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea

Wednesday 24th

Wolves 2-1 Bournemouth
Palace 1-1 Newcastle
Everton 1-2 Liverpool
Man Utd 3-0 Sheff Utd

Thurs 25th

Brighton 1-2 Man City
Remember guys, we were only 1 up at half time Vs Barcelona. Hopefully we can start very well and get a goal early, but then we must not force it too much. We go though by having control of game and outclassing them, not chasing it madly imo.
General Football and Sport / Re: NBA Discussion
« Last post by Sheer Magnetism on Today at 02:27:01 pm »
Amazing that after a season playing at half pace, Jimmy Buckets immediately turns into Playoff Jimmy in the first play-in game. Four steals in the first half alone! It's an absolute travesty he got injured. Still, Boston should be looking to sweep the 76ers while the Knicks will crush whoever comes out of the next game as long as they can stay healthy.

No chance Klay gets a supermax. The Warriors will offer a 3 year/$50m contract which he'll take because it's still far too much for a streaky shooter in his mid-30s who can't defend.
Vs Atalanta

Alisson
Arnold
Konate
Van Dijk
Robertson
Mac Allister
Szoboszlai
Jones
Salah
Gakpo
Diaz

First Goal Salah
Final Score 2-1 LFC
DP 8
Would be great to see a decent performance with us scoring first, and ideally quickly. As others (& Jurgen) have said, see how it goes from there. You never know, and I still think there’s wobbles to be had from City in the league so just getting some belief and moment back would be amazing. Really want to see Klopp’s reign end with us throwing everything at what’s left, even if we come up short, he deserves that.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Chris~ on Today at 02:22:57 pm »
Darwin measures up against his peers. I understand it. What I'm saying is there isn't enough detail in those numbers to remove all doubt.

Darwin's/Gakpos/Jota's minutes do not exist in an environment where they're the same value.

If someone plays 1000mins in teams with a rotated squad of kids every game vs someone playing 1000mins alongside better teammates who play consistently with each other and have chemistry and a higher level of talent, those minutes are not created equal.

Its something which is never elaborated on when these numbers are presented as if they exist in some sort of vacuum without outside influence or factors.

If we're trying to scientific about this kind of thing why is there such a long list of variables constantly waved away.
He's put up good numbers against good teams as I mentioned. Over a larger and larger data set you smooth out those quirks rotation, sub effects, team strength. This is why you don't want to strip it back to just vs top 4, just in December, just on rainy days, because you the open it up to more random chance or outside factors. I don't know for sure, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine the strength of team faced by say Jota and Nunez in the league isn't massively different on a per minute basis. I'm happy to accept that over 1000s minutes the xa averages out who played with Tsimikas, or more against a Burnley or not. Because it's a largish sample and we know teams in the league aren't really a situation where Diaz is only ever playing with the league cup side and Nunez isn't. Football doesn't work like that
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10