Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3473390 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #41440 on: January 13, 2016, 07:27:46 pm »
No, watched The Football Factory last night. :lmao
Jog on you sy!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41441 on: January 14, 2016, 02:01:47 pm »
Oscar noms are out

Best Picture
The Big Short
Bridge of Spies
Brooklyn
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Martian
The Revenant
Room
Spotlight

Best Actor:
Bryan Cranston
Matt Damon
Leonardo DiCaprio
Michael Fassbender
Eddie Redmayne

Best Actress:
Cate Blanchett
Brie Larson
Jennifer Lawrence
Charlotte Rampling
Saoirse Ronan

Best Directing:
The Big Short
The Revenant
Room
Spotlight

Tarantino and Ridley Scott snubbed
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41442 on: January 14, 2016, 02:13:03 pm »
BEST PICTURE

The Big Short
Bridge of Spies
Brooklyn
The Martian
The Revanant
Room
Spotlight

BEST ACTOR

Bryan Cranston, Trumbo
Matt Damon, The Martian
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revanant
Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs
Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl

BEST ACTRESS

Kate Blanchett, Carol
Brie Larson, Room
Jennifer Lawrence, Joy
Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years
Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Christian Bale, The Big Short
Tom Hardy, The Revenant
Mark Ruffalo, Spotlight
Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies
Sylvester Stallone, Creed

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Jennifer Jason Leigh, The Hateful Eight
Rooney Mara, Carol
Rachel McAdams, Spotlight
Alicia Vikander, The Danish Girl
Kate Winslet, Steve Jobs

DIRECTING

The Big Short
The Revanant
Room
Spotlight

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

Anomolisa

Boy and the World
Inside Out
Shaun the Sheep Movie
When Marie Was There

COSTUME DESIGN

Carol
Cinderella
The Danish Girl
Mad Mad: Fury Road
The Revenant

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE

Amy
Cartel Land
The Look of Silence
What Happened, Miss Simone?
Winter on Fire

MAKEUP AND HAIR STYLING

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared
The Revenant

SOUND EDITING

Mad Mad: Fury Road
Sicario
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
The Martian
The Revenant

FILM EDITING

The Big Short
The Revanant
Spotlight

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

Embrace of the Serpent
Mustang
Son of Saul
Theeb
A War

ORIGINAL SCORE

Bridge of Spies

Carol
The Hateful Eight
Sicario

PRODUCTION DESIGN

Bridge of Spies
The Danish Girl
The Martian
The Revenant

VISUAL EFFECTS

Ex Machina
The Martian
The Revenant

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

The Big Short
Brooklyn
Carol
The Martian
Room

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

Bridge of Spies
Ex Machina
Inside Out
Spotlight
Straight Outta Compton
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41443 on: January 14, 2016, 02:15:53 pm »
Think Leo might actually get his Oscar this time. Although i'm hoping Damon takes it just to see the look on Leo's face.

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41444 on: January 14, 2016, 02:43:24 pm »
Think Leo might actually get his Oscar this time. Although i'm hoping Damon takes it just to see the look on Leo's face.
Hope Leo gets it but won't be surprised if it's Redmayne (unfortunately)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41445 on: January 14, 2016, 02:53:46 pm »
Can't see Redmayne being given it twice in a row, it's not the strongest acting year ever, I think Leo is nailed on this time, there'll be a lot of votes for him with his past in mind I think
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41446 on: January 14, 2016, 03:50:23 pm »
So...no Kristen Stewart for Clouds of Sils Maria...the Oscars are funny. She was the best actress in a film that starred Binoche..but no nod from the Oscars. She was brilliant in Clouds....

Not having seen Son of Saul I can't really say...but, Mustang was really good. I think this years picks for this category are weak...I'd have picked some different films.  And for costume...come on..it's Cinderella..by a mile. The rest don't matter to me.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #41447 on: January 14, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »
John Williams got his 50th Oscar nomination today.

The great Roger Deakins got his 13th nomination for Cinematography - and has a perfect 100% record of not winning so far.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41448 on: January 14, 2016, 05:01:23 pm »
John Williams got his 50th Oscar nomination today.

The great Roger Deakins got his 13th nomination for Cinematography - and has a perfect 100% record of not winning so far.

Not getting it for Fargo or Jesse James is still a joke. Sicario is definitely the best looking film I saw this year. The way he makes the sky look in wide shots - always beautiful. 

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #41449 on: January 14, 2016, 08:22:04 pm »
Jog on you sy!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave

Frank Harper's (Billy Bright) vocabulary in the film. :lmao

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41450 on: January 14, 2016, 09:51:54 pm »
Having watched Danish Girl i reckon that Di Caprio will probably win it. Redmayne wasnt as strong in it and he was probably the only one stopping him. Dont rule out Cranston though.

Embrace of the Serpent was amazing but a bit of a mind trip so that should mean Son of Saul takes the foreign picture award.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41451 on: January 14, 2016, 10:46:22 pm »
watched Kunoichi Lady Ninja in two viewings. first half was great (friday night with a few beers) then the second half yesterday which was a bit underwhelming.

fun kung fu / ninja / t&a film from 98 but kinda climaxes around half way through..

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #41452 on: January 15, 2016, 08:16:58 am »
Interesting 'off radar' trailer released for what is possibly a follow on to Cloverfield. I'd heard nothing about '10 Cloverfield Lane' but it is due out in 8 weeks or so. Incredible how this has keen kept under wraps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHzng8fxLs
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:23:54 am by Stevie-A »

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41453 on: January 15, 2016, 02:30:31 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Cg-c7UpJZLQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Cg-c7UpJZLQ</a>

It's not Shaun of the Dead class, but this Kiwi effort was better than I expected.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #41454 on: January 15, 2016, 03:02:53 pm »
Yeah Deathgasm was a lot of fun, decent film.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41455 on: January 16, 2016, 10:14:49 am »
The Intern ...doesn't push any boundaries and wont win any awards...but De Niro right back on understated lighthearted form and any excuse to look at Anne Hathaway for a couple of hours is fine by me.....a little feelgood gem..8/10
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41456 on: January 16, 2016, 10:20:39 am »
I watched The Hateful Eight last night, don't really know what to say about it to be honest.

I've never been a fan of any Tarantino films and this isn't much of an exception. I thought it was OK, but wouldn't say I liked it. It's over 3 hours and starts slowly which saw me fall asleep just before the interval (yes, it's got an interval at the cinema!).

To me, it's just a lot of unnecessary gore and racism. I did laugh a few times but more in a 'this is fucking stupid' way than a 'this is comedy genius' way.

Won't be in a rush to watch it again.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
« Reply #41457 on: January 16, 2016, 11:01:18 am »
Not getting it for Fargo or Jesse James is still a joke. Sicario is definitely the best looking film I saw this year. The way he makes the sky look in wide shots - always beautiful.
I think Lubezki will get it for The Revenant to be honest. I've not seen Sicario yet unfortunately but The Revenant may be the best looking film I've ever seen, it's beautiful.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41458 on: January 16, 2016, 11:11:01 am »
I think Lubezki will get it for The Revenant to be honest. I've not seen Sicario yet unfortunately but The Revenant may be the best looking film I've ever seen, it's beautiful.

Mayo made a good point yesterday about the film feeling totally immersive without having to use 3D......the quality of the cinematography is such that you literally feel the cold

Offline Newman96

• Kopite
« Reply #41459 on: January 16, 2016, 11:36:26 am »
Mayo made a good point yesterday about the film feeling totally immersive without having to use 3D......the quality of the cinematography is such that you literally feel the cold
Yeah I'd agree with that, don't ever think I've felt so uncomfortably cold and wet watching a film before!

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #41460 on: January 16, 2016, 12:22:06 pm »
Really looking forward to Dirty Grandpa. Looks great.

::)

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41461 on: January 16, 2016, 12:50:43 pm »
Originally said that I doubt Di Caprio will get it - I thought Cranston was nailed on; Trumbo was excellent and I still think Cranston will nail it on the back of Trumbo alone. However, Di Caprio seems to be getting a lot of press and is really amping up the PR - his speech at the Golden Globes was a little divisive.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #41462 on: January 16, 2016, 01:40:02 pm »
Anyone watch Ladyhawke on the telly last Sunday? More a 3 bird roast than a turkey but great fun

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #41463 on: January 16, 2016, 01:43:31 pm »

Indeed. I'm with Kermode generally on 3D - cinema is already a magical experience and it rarely adds anything
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Newman96

• Kopite
« Reply #41464 on: January 16, 2016, 04:44:08 pm »
Anyone seen Bone Tomahawk? Heard good things and thinking of giving it a watch tonight

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #41465 on: January 16, 2016, 05:23:44 pm »
Anyone seen Bone Tomahawk? Heard good things and thinking of giving it a watch tonight

Its great!
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41466 on: January 16, 2016, 05:53:43 pm »
Delightfully violent...and a film that's destined to become a cult classic, I think.

For the first two hours it's a dialogue driven film that ambles along nicely building a nice chemistry between the four male leads....it sets up the final reel..which I won't spoil..other than to say I loved it...a very impressive debut feature from the director..one to watch I feel.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41467 on: January 16, 2016, 05:54:59 pm »
I've just watched Sisters. Let's just say it was a terrible decision and move on.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #41468 on: January 16, 2016, 05:55:10 pm »
Delightfully violent...and a film that's destined to become a cult classic, I think.

For the first two hours it's a dialogue driven film that ambles along nicely building a nice chemistry between the four male leads....it sets up the final reel..which I won't spoil..other than to say I loved it...a very impressive debut feature from the director..one to watch I feel.

Jog on! ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41469 on: January 16, 2016, 06:00:29 pm »
Jog on! ;D
Fuck off!!!! Farah, Pringle, Stone Island wearing fuckin wool!!!  What kinda Scouser say's jog on...one whose a woolyback twat...that's who. ;D

Fuckin geezer wannnabe.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41470 on: January 16, 2016, 06:03:48 pm »
Fuck off!!!! Farah, Pringle, Stone Island wearing fuckin wool!!!  What kinda Scouser say's jog on...one whose a woolyback twat...that's who. ;D

Fuckin geezer wannnabe.

You're fishing again Dave. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41471 on: January 16, 2016, 06:09:23 pm »
You're fishing again Dave. ;D
I'm after a........

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41472 on: January 16, 2016, 06:13:38 pm »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41473 on: January 16, 2016, 07:20:25 pm »
Really looking forward to Dirty Grandpa. Looks great.

::)
New low for Bob if you ask me.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41474 on: January 16, 2016, 07:42:15 pm »
New low for Bob if you ask me.

What's up with him?
Does he have a gambling problem or something?

He chooses shocking movies these days. Quick cash, get in and get out kind of effort.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41475 on: January 16, 2016, 07:47:58 pm »
What's up with him?

He chooses shocking movies these days. Quick cash, get in and get out kind of effort.
I just don't think he gives a fuck to be honest. I don't think he really ever did. I suppose intelligently written scripts with big directors for films with a stellar cast included aren't landing at his feet thick and fast like they used to.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41476 on: January 16, 2016, 10:35:37 pm »
What's up with him?

You not seen The Intern I take it?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41477 on: January 16, 2016, 11:37:39 pm »
Just watched hateful eight

amazing film imo. May not to be everyones taste as it's very long. Doesn't feel that long. Brilliantly acted. Again not for everyone but preferred it to Django and Inglorious Basterds. Two films I thought were good also.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41478 on: January 17, 2016, 12:02:59 am »
Just watched Legend about the Krays.

Fucking hated the film what a couple of cuntsl

I saw no point in the film.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Dan Dando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41479 on: January 17, 2016, 12:56:53 am »
What's up with him?

Michael Caine said something interesting on Jonathan Ross' show tonight about how the movie business retires you instead of it being the other way round. I just think De Niro wants to keep working and I think he knows that nothing he does can diminish his legacy as an acting great in a way. If it was the other way around and he just sat and waited for roles/scripts/films like the ones he got in his heyday then he might not work all that much to be honest. He's 72 and he's still got bills to pay and he knows Scorcese isn't developing projects with him in mind anymore. With all that in mind it doesn't bother me too much when I see him in stuff like Dirty Grandpa.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:59:46 am by Dan Dando »
"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is." - Kurt Vonnegut