Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3475492 times)

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #42360 on: April 22, 2016, 10:25:04 am »
Any idea when Deadpool HD (no subs) will be around?

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #42361 on: April 23, 2016, 09:59:03 am »
Ha ha Dave will be posting up his review soon!720 hours of mind numbing fucking drivel it'll be. You'll love it and then not stop going on abar it, like it was some sort of shit covered masterpiece! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave

I am also looking forward to his review of 'Bad neighbours 2' bet he can't wait.   ;)

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42362 on: April 24, 2016, 09:46:02 am »
Went to see Anders Thomas Jensen's 'Men & Chicken' yesterday, starring Mads Mikkelsen. It was a lot of fun. As far as absurdist/existentialist comedies with animals go, I enjoyed it even more than The Lobster! Recommended.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42363 on: April 24, 2016, 02:40:22 pm »
Went to see Anders Thomas Jensen's 'Men & Chicken' yesterday, starring Mads Mikkelsen. It was a lot of fun. As far as absurdist/existentialist comedies with animals go, I enjoyed it even more than The Lobster! Recommended.
Was it as good as his last film?
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42364 on: April 24, 2016, 03:24:32 pm »
Was it as good as his last film?
Adam's Apples, you mean? It's funnier and it's good in a different way. Can't choose between them to be honest.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42365 on: April 24, 2016, 09:09:42 pm »
Adam's Apples, you mean? It's funnier and it's good in a different way. Can't choose between them to be honest.
That's the one. I liked Adam's Apples....it seems a big gap between films though...I'll have to have a look now. ;D

It is a gap, eleven years.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #42366 on: April 24, 2016, 11:29:31 pm »
dont suppose anyone can link me to Romanzo Criminale (2005) with english subs??

Also, saw the 2nd trailer for Independence day 2, looks like fun!
YNWA

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #42367 on: April 24, 2016, 11:44:30 pm »
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #42368 on: April 25, 2016, 10:03:13 am »
Watched the other day The Witch and Mr Right. Both shit, didn't even finish the latter. The former had a slow, boring start (and went so till the best part of the film) until it supposedly picked up the pace and even then nothing interesting really. More like some cringey moments instead.

Mr Right was terrible and can't believe I'm typing this but Anna Kendrick was insufferable in that.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #42369 on: April 25, 2016, 02:44:16 pm »
Watched the other day The Witch and Mr Right. Both shit, didn't even finish the latter. The former had a slow, boring start (and went so till the best part of the film) until it supposedly picked up the pace and even then nothing interesting really. More like some cringey moments instead.

Mr Right was terrible and can't believe I'm typing this but Anna Kendrick was insufferable in that.

Watched Mr Right last night - it should have been good but the writing was terrible, both plot and what they are saying oh and the character development.

First half I could get through the second half was crap - real missed opportunity.  Still glad I watched it over Bad Neighbours or whatever tha pile of W*nk is called.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42370 on: April 25, 2016, 05:12:41 pm »

dont suppose anyone can link me to Romanzo Criminale (2005) with english subs??

I could only find an Italian DVD rip (no HD, no subtitles) but just googled the name of the release + subtitles and found subs for it. Drop them in the same folder and VLC plays them.

As for the film itself, it's very long (just under 3 hours) and not as good as Gomorrah or Subbura.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #42371 on: April 25, 2016, 06:37:16 pm »
cheers man il give it a go, heard the series was good. Have you a link to subbura by any chance?
YNWA

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #42372 on: April 25, 2016, 07:21:19 pm »
I watched Southpaw on the weekend. Great movie! Not sure how Eminem would have fared had he not quit but Gyllenhaal did a great job. Makes me wanna go hit the gym!

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42373 on: April 25, 2016, 08:19:03 pm »
cheers man il give it a go, heard the series was good. Have you a link to subbura by any chance?
I only watched it as an Italian lad I know said the series is better than Gomorrah. Haven't watched the series yet though.

Suburra should be easy enough to find as it was only out last year. There are HD versions with subs on Kat, PB and IPTorrents. Should be  on most Kodi film addons as well. It's also being made into a TV series.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #42374 on: April 28, 2016, 11:37:51 am »
Decent, web-rips of Hail Ceaser and High Rise released in the last day.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #42375 on: April 28, 2016, 03:00:06 pm »
Casuals - the story of the legendary terrace culture.

Enjoyed it. A walk down memory lane of wedge hair cuts, samba, Peter Storm and how it all began, or who claimed they started it - though we know where it all stared. ;)

Have to say, Hooton really does kill that scouse accent of his for the narrating. Surprised the End never got a mention ahead of the Face.

7/10
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #42376 on: April 29, 2016, 08:51:07 pm »
Casuals - the story of the legendary terrace culture.

Enjoyed it. A walk down memory lane of wedge hair cuts, samba, Peter Storm and how it all began, or who claimed they started it - though we know where it all stared. ;)

7/10

Saw it myself  :D ... Blast from the past, worth a view....  8)
mate of mine was on it .. William Routledge (billy)   he wrote a book about 'Terrace Fashion'... 'Northern Monkeys'

http://www.northernmonkeysbook.com/about-the-book.html
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #42377 on: April 30, 2016, 01:06:29 pm »
Decent, web-rips of Hail Ceaser and High Rise released in the last day.
Wanted to love it, didn't. Actually borderline disliked it. An absolute mess.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42378 on: May 3, 2016, 09:09:59 am »
Just came back from watching the Jungle Book. Thought it was fantastic to be honest. The biggest challenge a film has is in forcing its audience to suspend its rationality. This film did that and more. It was entertaining as hell. Funny sometimes, emotional at others, cute in some scenes and thrilling in others. Proper package and hugely entertaining. Well worth a watch.

Took the kids to see this yesterday and thought it was really good. It looks brilliant,  some genuinely tense parts,  Bill Murray was just perfect and as Baloo and I thought the kid who played Mowgli was more than decent.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42379 on: May 4, 2016, 09:33:41 am »
Today on Film4 at 11.00am, allegedly a contender for one of the worst films ever made, Raiders from beneath the Sea.

I understand from reviews that it makes the films of Ed Wood appear like the work of Herzog, and the soundtrack is also completely inappropriate, bongos and cheesy organ.

And any Film that has an actor named "Russ Bender" in it surely has to be worth a peek.

Sounds fun.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42380 on: May 4, 2016, 01:52:51 pm »
Midnight Special was a bit lacklustre if I'm honest - very pithy concept which overwhelms the film I thought.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #42381 on: May 4, 2016, 02:26:50 pm »

Have you read the novel? It's a bit messy as well.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #42382 on: May 4, 2016, 02:28:05 pm »

Same feelings pretty much. Love the look of it, the sound of it, the idea...but tonally just doesn't hold together.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #42383 on: May 4, 2016, 02:28:28 pm »
The Rise Of The Footsoldier 2 was ok.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42384 on: May 4, 2016, 04:01:10 pm »
Jungle Book tonight, looking forward to it!

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42385 on: May 4, 2016, 04:51:06 pm »
Midnight Special was a bit lacklustre if I'm honest - very pithy concept which overwhelms the film I thought.
Biggest disappointment of the year thus far for me Shaun!
Have you read the novel? It's a bit messy as well.
Didn't even know it was a novel let alone read it lol.....any good?

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #42386 on: May 4, 2016, 05:01:37 pm »
Didn't even know it was a novel let alone read it lol.....any good?
J. G. Ballard mate - Empire of the Sun (his pretty conventionally-written semi-autobiography as a lad), Crash (the Cronenberg one), The Drowned World, Atrocity Exhibition. Awesome dystopian visionary, he was.

Defo check him out. I'll read anything by Ballard, me, he's like Bill Burroughs and Orwell as far as I'm concerned.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #42387 on: May 4, 2016, 05:06:24 pm »
Ever watch that BBC4 TV drama from a few years back, Home, about a guy who decides never to leave the house again? That was based on one of his short stories as well, The Enormous Space.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42388 on: May 4, 2016, 05:08:36 pm »
J. G. Ballard mate - Empire of the Sun (his pretty conventionally-written semi-autobiography as a lad), Crash (the Cronenberg one), The Drowned World, Atrocity Exhibition. Awesome dystopian visionary, he was.

Defo check him out. I'll read anything by Ballard, me, he's like Bill Burroughs and Orwell as far as I'm concerned.

I second this post.

I mean, Ballardian is a genuine adjective (like Orwellian, ha), he's a don.

Don't think everything he did is amazing, but most of it is ;D Especially Empire of the Sun, fantastic, and High Rise, Atrocity Exhibition, and The Unlimited Dream Company for me.

Not seen the film of High Rise yet. Will try to soon.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42389 on: May 4, 2016, 05:13:57 pm »
Biggest disappointment of the year thus far for me Shaun!Didn't even know it was a novel let alone read it lol.....any good?
What film is that gif from....no cheating la.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42390 on: May 4, 2016, 05:16:22 pm »
There's a nice little film just popped up...well worth a look.

Hello My Name Is Doris 2015 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO

Sally Field is always worth a look...Sybil....

A self-help seminar inspires a sixty-something woman to romantically pursue her younger co-worker.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42391 on: May 4, 2016, 05:17:33 pm »
And if you've not seen Sybil....I must insist you do....

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42392 on: May 4, 2016, 05:18:28 pm »
Take no notice la....you watch whatever shite you like....there all fuckin snobs in here.... ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42393 on: May 4, 2016, 05:50:57 pm »

His Girl Friday?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42394 on: May 4, 2016, 05:54:09 pm »
His Girl Friday?
Is your name Titi......no. ;D  ;)

He'd never have got that....it's too old for him to watch....I love that film, in fact I liked three of the versions of that story.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42395 on: May 4, 2016, 06:12:35 pm »
I thought it was just the "GET OUT" gif ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave

His Girl Friday

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42396 on: May 4, 2016, 06:28:01 pm »
I thought it was just the "GET OUT" gif ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave

His Girl Friday
:lmao

Nice one la.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #42397 on: May 4, 2016, 06:34:08 pm »
Ever watch that BBC4 TV drama from a few years back, Home, about a guy who decides never to leave the house again? That was based on one of his short stories as well, The Enormous Space.
Had a quick poke about on youtube, and the whole thing's on there, for anyone interested:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Kce94adFCMc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Kce94adFCMc</a>

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42398 on: May 4, 2016, 07:02:40 pm »
Just watched that High Rise, was one of the films I was most looking forward to this year.

Still not sure if I like it or hate it. Wish they'd gone even more surreal
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42399 on: May 4, 2016, 10:01:28 pm »
Jungle Book was absolutely fantastic!

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk