Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 999148 times)

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #6640 on: September 8, 2022, 12:44:14 pm »
No one has said this on here?

johnny74
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6641 on: September 8, 2022, 12:47:52 pm »
It's a bit of both for me.  FSG clearly aren't giving Klopp the money he needs to consistently challenge at the top, but at the same time, Klopp isn't pushing them hard enough and is also too loyal to ageing players.

Like I said last night. He has to be loyal to players as if he got rid he doesn’t have the funds available to replace them. Sort of a catch 22 situation.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6642 on: September 8, 2022, 12:48:43 pm »
As unhappy as I am with FSG, I doubt they’re determining our transfer strategy. If Klopp knew we had £X to spend in the summer, it should have been spent on a midfielder (or midfielders) rather than spending it on Darwin. I think we need both (midfielders + a forward to replace Sadio), but the former was infinitely more important to sort out.

but the problem with that is we had 9 midfieldres going into the season, I know as fans we don’t care about squad numbers - but it’s a very real issue for those who actually manage the team.  That is a LOT of midfielders.  The question was more why we came to the situation that there was 9 midfielders, but 3 of them are notorious crocks, and 1 of them is 36 and isn’t actually the best anyway in that position, yet now is starting games regularly, and another is on a long(ish) deal despite also having injury issues and not quite the player he was.

So yes, criticise Kloppo’s loyalty to his players as much as you like, and criticise those at the club who give out new contracts, as to why they rewarded players with deals when they where injured or whatever, but I honestly think the arguments about adding more to an already bloated part of the squad is done without much thought to what it actually means from a management standpoint.   Also many of thse arguments are done with hindsight. It’s easy now to say they should never have given Ox a new deal (they shouldn’t), or they should have vetoed Klopp’s desire to keep Milner another season (probably).  The time they where made, I think both deals where supported here. Shows how easy it is for us as fans to turn on a dime and criticise I guess. It isn’t that easy in reality, to change.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #6643 on: September 8, 2022, 12:49:41 pm »
Like I said last night. He has to be loyal to players as if he got rid he doesn’t have the funds available to replace them. Sort of a catch 22 situation.

I don't quite know if Jurgen is the type to send a message via team selection but Milner getting the minutes he's been getting this season does seem like a rather not-so-subtle SOS to the owners. Injuries have forced his hand yes, but it isn't a great situation.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #6644 on: September 8, 2022, 12:54:00 pm »
Hate to say but its almost as if the players have downed tools and they and Klopp are sending a message to the owners. Watching back and theres a good 4 or 5 strolling not even trying to run. Its clear something wrong there I dont believe they became bad overnight.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6645 on: September 8, 2022, 12:54:04 pm »
I don't quite know if Jurgen is the type to send a message via team selection but Milner getting the minutes he's been getting this season does seem like a rather not-so-subtle SOS to the owners. Injuries have forced his hand yes, but it isn't a great situation.

Last night he had no other option, I very much doubt he’d sabotage a CL game to make a point. No way was Thiago starting, I’d guess they’d have liked to have waited till the weekend for him to play at all. And no way was Arthur starting - as he too is coming off an injury lay off and hasn’t played for ages. Quite clear that he was ok to play half an hour and that was it. 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6646 on: September 8, 2022, 12:56:40 pm »
Hate to say but its almost as if the players have downed tools and they and Klopp are sending a message to the owners. Watching back and theres a good 4 or 5 strolling not even trying to run. Its clear something wrong there I dont believe they became bad overnight.

If they were sending a message to the owners I'm not sure they'd have demolished a team 9-0 four days before the window closed, and then actually 'downed tools' a week afterwards when nothing can be done to change it (unless we sign Juan Mata on a free)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #6647 on: September 8, 2022, 01:00:23 pm »
Just dont understand it. Why give Klopp a new 4 year contract then not back the guy. At least give him a decent amount to spend in the transfer market. Its not a one off. Its almost every window. Break even or spend a small amount. Make 100s of millions. It gets to the point where even the manager says I cant work miracles and rubs off on the players.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #6648 on: September 8, 2022, 01:00:26 pm »
Last night he had no other option, I very much doubt he’d sabotage a CL game to make a point. No way was Thiago starting, I’d guess they’d have liked to have waited till the weekend for him to play at all. And no way was Arthur starting - as he too is coming off an injury lay off and hasn’t played for ages. Quite clear that he was ok to play half an hour and that was it.

I get that and don't disagree, but I don't think Klopp instructing Milner to lead a press at 36 away at Napoli in stifling heat is part of any great plan. Switching formation was probably thought of but then what, do you play a kid in Bacjetic (sp?) away in that situation? Probably not.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #6649 on: September 8, 2022, 01:02:30 pm »
The on pitch mentality has been shite and will be most concerning for Klopp I'd bet, mentality monsters, that's a basic fundamental but his boys aren't motivated right now.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6650 on: September 8, 2022, 01:02:52 pm »
Sing his name loud and proud at the weekend
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6651 on: September 8, 2022, 01:07:19 pm »
Just dont understand it. Why give Klopp a new 4 year contract then not back the guy. At least give him a decent amount to spend in the transfer market. Its not a one off. Its almost every window. Break even or spend a small amount. Make 100s of millions. It gets to the point where even the manager says I cant work miracles and rubs off on the players.

you can’t honestly think that’s the case though.

I think with Klopp we have heard for the first time mutterings of frustration from him publicly about spending (prior to the last minute panic midfield signing last week), but there isn’t some situation here where the players are giving up because they don't think they can do this without more reinforcments.

Theres a whole lot of stuff going on here, it isn’t as simple thing, it’s a perfect storm in a way, that is now having very imperfect consequences.

It’s a tired squad coming off the back of a crazy season where they played every game possible, which was massively mentally draining.
It’s a squad with huge injury concerns in multiple areas (now eased up front at least with Jota back and Darwin not suspsended), so rotations has been massively affected.
It’s a squad struggling after a condensed pre-season where maybe is some issue about them packing to much in and it now shows in the very low energy performances.

Problem is, hard to see how all of that gets better being the condensed nature of the fixtures with this daft world cup.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #6652 on: September 8, 2022, 01:11:56 pm »
I just find it hard to believe how bad we are looking. Players are strolling, opposition was taking the biscuit by turning Fabinio inside out. I just refuse to believe that weve become that bad overnight or that we couldnt get anybody better than Milner, Hendo and some of the guys whose legs have gone.
Season wasted after we was on the verge of a Quadruple.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6653 on: September 8, 2022, 01:15:49 pm »

It’s a tired squad coming off the back of a crazy season where they played every game possible, which was massively mentally draining.

This is what's so confusing to me.

This is a squad (with the exception of Mane and Gini) that came back from losing the CL final to winning it the next season and losing the title by a point on the last game of the season to win it at a canter the next.

I get they'd be physically exhausted, but the mentality's very obviously gone too.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6654 on: September 8, 2022, 01:19:26 pm »
It's a bit of both for me.  FSG clearly aren't giving Klopp the money he needs to consistently challenge at the top, but at the same time, Klopp isn't pushing them hard enough and is also too loyal to ageing players.
Agree with the first bit, but on the second, how do you know?
We've just come off the Salah contract saga which was full of posters saying we should pay him and that players, especially ones that are as fit as Mo keep performing way into their 30's.

You keep throwing up simplistic reasons for our form, when it is far more complex than that.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #6655 on: September 8, 2022, 01:22:21 pm »

This is a squad (with the exception of Mane and Gini) that came back from losing the CL final to winning it the next season and losing the title by a point on the last game of the season to win it at a canter the next.

I get they'd be physically exhausted, but the mentality's very obviously gone too.

When you're physically exhausted, mental exhaustion quickly follows.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6656 on: September 8, 2022, 01:27:51 pm »
When you're physically exhausted, mental exhaustion quickly follows.
and mental exhaustion cannot be id'd via medical tests or treated with exercise.

the only treatment is changing something, usually getting a significant break.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6657 on: September 8, 2022, 01:36:39 pm »

I don't know if you drive a car, but bear with me on this.

Imagine you are driving a long and difficult journey but, for whatever reason, you can't pull over and take adequate breaks when tired. Also, your schedule demands you drive at 100mph pretty much all the way.

This is unsustainable. At some point you become fatigued and your reactions slow. You start making mistakes. Your decision making suffers and if you don't get the rest and mental and physical reset it gives, then chances are you end up in a ditch.

It could be said that due to physical and mental fatigue, the Liverpool car has spun off the road.

It could also be argued that maintenance issues with the vehicle itself didn't help either, of course.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2022, 01:43:08 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6658 on: September 8, 2022, 01:38:41 pm »

We lost the CL Final but it was early on in the regime so in general everyone was fresh and new to competing at the top.

We lost the Prem by a point but won the CL a few weeks later so had positive momentum going into the season we won the title.

This year we simply had 2 huge set backs in a few weeks then are expected to go again at the same intensity, theyre finding it hard.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6659 on: September 8, 2022, 01:42:53 pm »
Some of the posts in this thread.   :butt :butt :butt

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6660 on: September 8, 2022, 01:43:18 pm »
Turns out our team and management are human after all!

Now is the time for us to support them like never before.

Offline Weytske

• Anny Roader
  • Peerless
« Reply #6661 on: September 8, 2022, 01:44:55 pm »
Klopp trying to get us into the Europa League just so he can win it all, love the man.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6662 on: September 8, 2022, 01:46:54 pm »
Klopp trying to get us into the Europa League just so he can win it all, love the man.

And the Championship as well :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6663 on: September 8, 2022, 02:25:53 pm »
We lost the CL Final but it was early on in the regime so in general everyone was fresh and new to competing at the top.

We lost the Prem by a point but won the CL a few weeks later so had positive momentum going into the season we won the title.

This year we simply had 2 huge set backs in a few weeks then are expected to go again at the same intensity, theyre finding it hard.

I said this at the start of the season to my lad. I feared how playing so many games last season would impact on the players. Chuck in the fact the disappointment of the CL final & missing out on the title by one point, that's bound to have an effect on the lads. Maybe we need a season of consolidation & look to see where we need to improve next summer. Of course, we also need FSG to back Jurgen to the hilt when it comes to buying the best.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6664 on: September 8, 2022, 03:00:04 pm »
Turns out our team and management are human after all!

Now is the time for us to support them like never before.

simply this. And it’s our part to play as supporters.

By the way, again last night for the millionth time, Kloppo showing what a class man he is - going to the away fans to apologise to them, pretty sure many a coach would be down the tunnel quicker than lightning after a game like that.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6665 on: September 8, 2022, 03:36:19 pm »
How do you know this? Were you at the training ground?
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6666 on: September 8, 2022, 03:49:33 pm »
How do you know this? Were you at the training ground?

Pushing FSG to spend more, not the players.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6667 on: September 8, 2022, 03:52:30 pm »
simply this. And it’s our part to play as supporters.

By the way, again last night for the millionth time, Kloppo showing what a class man he is - going to the away fans to apologise to them, pretty sure many a coach would be down the tunnel quicker than lightning after a game like that.
Exactly. Klopp is human and is not perfect. But he is as close at it gets. He has taken us to places that we never thought we would be. A great coach/manager and even better human being. I would give him as much discount as he needs. If we are hurting, you can bet that he is hurting even more

I have total faith in Jurgen that he will get things right and will turn things around. I truly believe that last season exertions have taken the toll on our team, not helped by the shortened pre-season and the multiple injuries. There’s not a lot that we can do as fans but we can help by continuing to root for the team, willing them on and stop the negative chatter on the internet and social media

None of us know better than Klopp when it comes to our football team - that’s for certain
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #6668 on: September 8, 2022, 04:02:15 pm »
Some of the posts in this thread.   :butt :butt :butt

Short memories 'Klopp in' is all you need
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #6669 on: September 10, 2022, 01:17:02 pm »
FSG won’t sack Klopp simply because no other top manager would work under their transfer model

They won’t sack him because they know that he’ll sort things out. Some journalists are talking about it as it gets them their 5 minutes of fame. Other fans are talking about it as they know that Klopp is world class. Some of our fans may be talking about it simply because they are pricks.

Klopp isn’t going anywhere.

We’ve had a very unfortunate run of injuries which is nobody’s fault. We haven’t refreshed the squad enough and so our midfield is not good enough to compete. Klopp will get the best out of the squad but he now needs help from the owners and to bring in more good players.
#JFT97

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6670 on: September 10, 2022, 02:29:34 pm »

That and I’m sure there would be endless protests and they would be ran out the club if there were even murmurs of him getting sacked.

Definitely.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6671 on: September 10, 2022, 02:33:42 pm »
FSG would see the compensation they would have to pay and decide against it.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6672 on: September 10, 2022, 02:33:44 pm »
Replacing Jurgen with literally any other other manager in the world would be a step down. Too even suggest it is ridiculous in the extreme.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6673 on: September 10, 2022, 02:38:09 pm »
FSG would see the compensation they would have to pay and decide against it.

Compensation = being run out of the Club and City.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6674 on: September 10, 2022, 02:43:00 pm »
I always laugh at these pricks that have these Klopp out shouts.

Who is supposed to replace him then? And it is always some 2-bit, shite manager not fit to clean Jurgen's glasses.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6675 on: September 10, 2022, 02:55:12 pm »
I always laugh at these pricks that have these Klopp out shouts.

Who is supposed to replace him then? And it is always some 2-bit, shite manager not fit to clean Jurgen's glasses.

The ones on Twitter always have Nigeria flags against their names as well.

No disrespect to the Zambians.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6676 on: September 10, 2022, 03:00:38 pm »

The Zambians are sound,it's the Zambanians that you have to watch out for.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6677 on: September 10, 2022, 03:22:48 pm »

Most of them are rival fans in disguise.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6678 on: September 10, 2022, 03:27:51 pm »
FSG won’t sack Klopp simply because no other top manager would work under their transfer model
Oh I think there are plenty that would

They won’t sack him because he’s the best msn for the job, still
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6679 on: September 10, 2022, 03:47:10 pm »
Replacing Jurgen with literally any other other manager in the world would be a step down. Too even suggest it is ridiculous in the extreme.
Correct. There isn’t a manager on earth who could replicate what he’s done with this squad.