Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279630 times)

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #3000 on: March 9, 2020, 02:15:57 pm »
As bad as they were under Moyes, Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal and Jose, they were still winning enough games to comfortably clock up 65+ points a season

Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal got them 70 points and Jose (to the fuckers credit) managed to get them an 81 point finish

As of now they're on 45 points with only 9 games remaining and will probably finish on their lowest points tally in 30+ years

And they're talking about giving Solksjaer a contract extension? Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually dreaming all this

I for one, am very worried about what Ole will do with them. As a Liverpool fan, I dread them giving him a 5+ year contract and Unlimited budget. If any United officials may be reading I would say, please don't give him a 5+ Year contract and unlimited spending money. That would be the last thing I, a rival fan would want for them. Very scary times. If they were, theoretically to give Ole a 5+ year contract, and say, unlimited spending power and authority, I am worried they might close the gap on Liverpool.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #3001 on: March 9, 2020, 02:22:22 pm »
ole has done a good job cleaning up Mourinho's mess, whether he stays or goes fans will be grateful for that
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3002 on: March 9, 2020, 02:44:07 pm »
ole has done a good job cleaning up Mourinho's mess, whether he stays or goes fans will be grateful for that

Indeed. Only 10 points fewer in his first 50 games for Ole compared to Mourinho’s time at Old Trafford.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #3003 on: March 9, 2020, 02:52:58 pm »
Indeed. Only 10 points fewer in his first 50 games for Ole compared to Mourinho’s time at Old Trafford.
Definitely not an even playing field in those first 50 games for the two of them. Mourinho arrived to huge fanfare and board support in getting him his 4 signings that he promised would result in a title challenge, then came 6th

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3004 on: March 9, 2020, 03:05:08 pm »
Definitely not an even playing field in those first 50 games for the two of them. Mourinho arrived to huge fanfare and board support in getting him his 4 signings that he promised would result in a title challenge, then came 6th

You mean he came 2nd.

Had the board continue to back him, chances are you'd have stayed top 4 at a minimum.

And this is from someone who'd rather contract coronavirus than have him as our manager.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2020, 03:06:39 pm by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #3005 on: March 9, 2020, 03:20:45 pm »
You mean he came 2nd.

Had the board continue to back him, chances are you'd have stayed top 4 at a minimum.

And this is from someone who'd rather contract coronavirus than have him as our manager.
quite possibly, though continuing to back him would've involved selling Martial and making Rashford a permanent impact sub option, while purchasing Perisic and Willian. I agree that Mourinho got completely fucked over in his 3rd summer and they should've just sacked him if they were going to pull that nonsense

also no he promised a title challenge if backed in that first summer then came 6th. coming the most distant second ever the following season is somewhat of an achievement I guess

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3006 on: March 9, 2020, 03:41:21 pm »
quite possibly, though continuing to back him would've involved selling Martial and making Rashford a permanent impact sub option, while purchasing Perisic and Willian. I agree that Mourinho got completely fucked over in his 3rd summer and they should've just sacked him if they were going to pull that nonsense

also no he promised a title challenge if backed in that first summer then came 6th. coming the most distant second ever the following season is somewhat of an achievement I guess

Don't worry, you'll probably lose that title to City this season. ;)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3007 on: March 9, 2020, 04:25:23 pm »
As I said before, Man Utd are as close as we come in England to an establishment club, the Real Madrid for the PL. I think many journos and commentators just feel safer and more settled lavishing praise on them. It makes them feel grounded and relaxed and that all is well in old England. It has been that way for decades, regardless of how well, or otherwise, they were doing.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3008 on: March 9, 2020, 04:25:57 pm »
Trying to decide if Man City's euro ban is better or worse for us. In terms of City, i don't think it makes a massive difference in terms of their spending power, and if its for only 1 season then it shouldn't hurt recruitment.

However for United or Spurs, getting into the CL makes a colossal difference to them for next season. Yes you can argue that in the long run it might hurt United to stick with Ole should they get CL, but in terms of the short-term I think it's better if both clubs miss out.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3009 on: March 9, 2020, 04:26:22 pm »
There was one point where he did a right/left foot flick to get into the box then just crossed it to the nearest City defender - fucking clueless.
LOL That was something else.  I did think he had a good game defensively though.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3010 on: March 9, 2020, 04:50:00 pm »
I know exactly where the ball is going to go at all times when Maguire has it. Out of play, every time.

That's unfair, he's bound to manage to give away the ball while keeping it in play sometimes.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3011 on: March 9, 2020, 04:51:45 pm »
Wait 'til they get #Pogba fit, then we're all in trouble.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3012 on: March 9, 2020, 05:14:41 pm »
Trying to decide if Man City's euro ban is better or worse for us. In terms of City, i don't think it makes a massive difference in terms of their spending power, and if its for only 1 season then it shouldn't hurt recruitment.

However for United or Spurs, getting into the CL makes a colossal difference to them for next season. Yes you can argue that in the long run it might hurt United to stick with Ole should they get CL, but in terms of the short-term I think it's better if both clubs miss out.
As much as we want our great rival United to suffer, they are an organically-grown, legitimate club like ourselves. City is a fraud, an oil club, a cheat. They need to be punished harshly, no matter if it allows United or any other "real" club to take advantage.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Johann Gambolputty

• Main Stander
  • We are the Anny,Anny road end.
« Reply #3013 on: March 9, 2020, 05:24:15 pm »
Has "Bruno" officially dropped his surname by deed poll or something.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #3014 on: March 9, 2020, 05:37:43 pm »
Actually, Ole's points total gets them right into a title race with us. Maybe that's how Utd will challenge us next season - by adding together multiple season's worth of points!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #3015 on: March 9, 2020, 06:53:42 pm »
quite possibly, though continuing to back him would've involved selling Martial

Mourinho would have done you a big favour in selling Martial.

He turns 25 this year. It's his 5th season at United. And yet he still hasn't managed to cement himself as a starter, has he? At least that's what his appearance figures suggest to me

Goal wise his average has been 10 a season since joining you, which again makes me wonder why so many of you rate him as highly as you do

I mean, if he really had the potential that so many claim he has, then why have we yet to see him display it consistently enough to become an automatic starter?

Unless of course you're waiting until he turns 26 or 27? Which is kind of hoping for hoping sake really, isn't it?

I'm not saying the lad is a bad player, but I honestly don't think he's ever going to become the player that some of you think he will
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3016 on: March 9, 2020, 07:25:03 pm »
Mourinho would have done you a big favour in selling Martial.

He turns 25 this year. It's his 5th season at United. And yet he still hasn't managed to cement himself as a starter, has he? At least that's what his appearance figures suggest to me

Goal wise his average has been 10 a season since joining you, which again makes me wonder why so many of you rate him as highly as you do

I mean, if he really had the potential that so many claim he has, then why have we yet to see him display it consistently enough to become an automatic starter?

Unless of course you're waiting until he turns 26 or 27? Which is kind of hoping for hoping sake really, isn't it?

I'm not saying the lad is a bad player, but I honestly don't think he's ever going to become the player that some of you think he will

Rubbish! What would Liverpool fans know about top drawer strikers...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #3017 on: March 9, 2020, 07:47:09 pm »
As I said before, Man Utd are as close as we come in England to an establishment club, the Real Madrid for the PL. I think many journos and commentators just feel safer and more settled lavishing praise on them. It makes them feel grounded and relaxed and that all is well in old England. It has been that way for decades, regardless of how well, or otherwise, they were doing.

On a related note, here’s Jamie Jackson with a beautiful think piece.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/09/moral-of-ole-gunnar-solskjrs-fairytale-is-patience-is-a-virtue?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

We are Liverpool!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3018 on: March 9, 2020, 07:55:23 pm »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/09/moral-of-ole-gunnar-solskjrs-fairytale-is-patience-is-a-virtue?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Bless, they're getting giddy again after turning their umpteenth corner.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3019 on: March 9, 2020, 08:00:48 pm »

Ed Woodward couldn't have penned it better. I nearly choked on the sick it brought up...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3020 on: March 9, 2020, 08:03:48 pm »
Ed Woodward couldn't have penned it better. I nearly choked on the sick it brought up...

I think Jamie Jackson is on the BBC radar after that piece.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3021 on: March 9, 2020, 08:44:11 pm »

I think Jame Jackson is on the shrooms after that piece.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3022 on: March 9, 2020, 08:50:55 pm »

Corner turned.

Just a reminder that they have 45 points after 29 games, the equivalent of a 59 point season, after spending ~£150m in the summer.

It's also entertaining to see journalists quote the wins over City and Chelsea, as well as the draw against us. It's almost they have a team built for counter attacking. Crazy how they manage to get results against possession oriented teams.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2020, 08:52:51 pm by Lynndenberries »
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3023 on: March 9, 2020, 09:13:01 pm »
Corner turned.

Just a reminder that they have 45 points after 29 games, the equivalent of a 59 point season, after spending ~£150m in the summer.

It's also entertaining to see journalists quote the wins over City and Chelsea, as well as the draw against us. It's almost they have a team built for counter attacking. Crazy how they manage to get results against possession oriented teams.

Funnily enough they were shit in their two wins in the league against Chelsea and were pretty abject at Old Trafford against us (we weren't much better mind). They were awful at the Emirates this season too. Their best performances have come in the two league games against Man City (and they were much better at The Etihad this season, like you say, their counter attacking threat is their best offensive weapon). But in general they've been pretty dire in the big games too, regardless of their results.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3024 on: March 9, 2020, 09:32:40 pm »

He does bits and pieces for them already mate. Manchester Guardian faced scruff. Was at the Lowry theatre over the road
from BBC Salford Quays today. Matchstalk men and sparking clogs every fucking where

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #3025 on: March 9, 2020, 09:43:33 pm »

Luke Shaw's coming in to form........ Getting ready for a pie eating competition
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3026 on: March 9, 2020, 10:19:03 pm »
Luke Shaw's coming in to form........ Getting ready for a pie eating competition

That's 1 title he will definitely win in the career

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3027 on: March 9, 2020, 11:19:44 pm »
Has "Bruno" officially dropped his surname by deed poll or something.
Bizarre isn't it. He has Fernandes on his shirt but suddenly everyone is calling him Bruno all the time. Really fucking annoying.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3028 on: March 9, 2020, 11:40:14 pm »
Maybe because Brunoh and Rooneh sound similar so fewer new phonemes for the skanks to learn
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #3029 on: March 10, 2020, 01:16:19 am »
Bizarre isn't it. He has Fernandes on his shirt but suddenly everyone is calling him Bruno all the time. Really fucking annoying.

He is a big Sacha Baron Cohen fan.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3030 on: March 10, 2020, 07:55:19 am »
Really?  :o

Ole at the wheel!  8)

8 PL I reckon & only City of note?
The rest fodder methinks.

Defo turned another corner.  ;D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3031 on: March 10, 2020, 08:25:21 am »

Ole at the wheel!  8)

6/8 clean sheets in the Europa League against AZ, Astana, Partizan and Club Brugge - hence the qualification of this stat: none of these teams play in the same selection of competitions.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3032 on: March 10, 2020, 08:31:27 am »
Fucking hell the Neil Ashton boo boys have gone quiet, and the Manchester Guardian's editors also seem to believe you qualify as "England's most successful club" by winning the most Charity Shields. Jamie Jackson's got books to sell lads, ignore the facts.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3033 on: March 10, 2020, 08:33:05 am »

Ole at the wheel!  8)

4th lowest goals against in the PL, behind us, Leicester and Sheff Utd. 5th best attack, 4th best GD - they're a striker away from winning the league.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #3034 on: March 10, 2020, 08:57:38 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/s0OiDkxj4KI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/s0OiDkxj4KI</a>

Sterling is his new bitch apparently
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3035 on: March 10, 2020, 09:36:22 am »
I notice “Glazers out” hasn’t been sung or mentioned for a couple of weeks nor have any banners been displayed. All quiet on the “green and gold” front too.

It’s almost as if they only care about losing rather than the ownership.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3036 on: March 10, 2020, 09:50:33 am »
haha

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3037 on: March 10, 2020, 01:40:22 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51805933

Bellingham takes training ground tour.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3038 on: March 10, 2020, 01:43:40 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51805933

Bellingham takes training ground tour.

Really living up to their self anointed Disneyland tag.

Offline #RedDawn2020

• Main Stander
« Reply #3039 on: March 10, 2020, 02:04:34 pm »
Honest question: Is he performing really that much worse than Klopp did in his first 1 3/4 seasons at Liverpool? I remember us being better against good teams and bad against worse teams as well for a while. They are five to six very good signings sHort of having a more than decent team/ squad. Something that can be rectified in the next 1-2 transfer windows. They are definitely capable enough to win the Europa League.
“Intensity is our identity.”