Author Topic: FIFA 19  (Read 12536 times)

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
Re: FIFA 19
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2018, 04:00:40 pm »
I'm so bad at this.

Everyone just chases the ball carrier with a midfielder, pings it to 3 fast lads who stand up front, then spams finesse shots from the edge of the box. If they miss they'll just score a bicycle kick from the resulting corner.

Such a shame any sort of intelligent play isn't rewarded. Abuse the overpowered mechanics all game or you'll never compete at a decent level.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2018, 04:14:24 pm »
Is there a forum pro clubs this year? Greedy bastards and rogue goalkeepers on drop in matches are doing my head in

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2018, 04:15:34 pm »
Funny seeing people whinge about the same things they whinged about 6/7 years ago with Fifa. Just trade it in and play something you'll enjoy that's actually fucking good.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2018, 04:57:02 pm »
Funny seeing people whinge about the same things they whinged about 6/7 years ago with Fifa. Just trade it in and play something you'll enjoy that's actually fucking good.
I think a lot of FIFA players aren't your typical gamers to be fair. There can't be many other games with so much of the player base only playing that game.

I've had pretty much every FIFA since 98, aside from a couple in the mid-2000s when PES was better. I've hardly bought a game other than FIFA and GTA since about 2006.

It's not completely joyless, anyway. Just frustrating.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2018, 05:45:58 pm »
Is there a forum pro clubs this year? Greedy bastards and rogue goalkeepers on drop in matches are doing my head in

There is (not got it myself). Not sure there is a thread but the lads who played last year have a club if you want to drop me a PM.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2018, 05:48:21 pm »

There is (not got it myself). Not sure there is a thread but the lads who played last year have a club if you want to drop me a PM.

Alright lads, there's a club. If you want to join add me on PSN, just message me on there when you're on and I'll get you in.

PSN: Mackkaa3
"You're our main striker" - Oddball2514. 50,000 times.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2018, 08:51:30 am »
Alright lads, there's a club. If you want to join add me on PSN, just message me on there when you're on and I'll get you in.

Or just do this ^ bit easier
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2018, 10:44:06 am »
I think a lot of FIFA players aren't your typical gamers to be fair. There can't be many other games with so much of the player base only playing that game.

I've had pretty much every FIFA since 98, aside from a couple in the mid-2000s when PES was better. I've hardly bought a game other than FIFA and GTA since about 2006.

It's not completely joyless, anyway. Just frustrating.

If you still enjoy it then fair enough. But loads don't seem to yet they buy it year after year. Not bought a fifa myself for about six years now. I tend to play the demo and the pes demo every year to see if I like either of them and I never do.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2018, 11:31:41 pm »
Just qualified for FUT Weekend League so I’ll have a go of that next weekend.

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2018, 07:06:30 pm »
Just qualified for FUT Weekend League so I’ll have a go of that next weekend.

I've not missed a Weekend League yet. Finish around Gold 1/2. Just a tip, take a 5-minute break after every game. Just to keep calm if you feel like the game isn't going your way. If you have the time. Schedule them 10, 10, 10. Each day. If you want an easy Sunday, play extra games in the first two days.
"You're our main striker" - Oddball2514. 50,000 times.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2018, 09:04:02 pm »
I've not missed a Weekend League yet. Finish around Gold 1/2. Just a tip, take a 5-minute break after every game. Just to keep calm if you feel like the game isn't going your way. If you have the time. Schedule them 10, 10, 10. Each day. If you want an easy Sunday, play extra games in the first two days.

Thanks for the tips mate. I finished it last weekend and finished Gold 1. I’ve qualified for this weekend but might wait until next weekend to redeem as busy this one.

Ended up getting Martial FUT Champs card as a reward along with coins and that.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 1, 2018, 12:52:11 am »
Just had a game against Arsenal's Eddie Nketiah on FUT Divisions. Beat me 4-0! ;D

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: November 9, 2018, 09:47:03 am »
Still getting to grips with this version as I don’t get much time to play it. Tweaked my custom tactics on UT and now starting to improve but it’s tough to compete as I refuse to put real money into it so having to live off the coins I make playing games. Ridiculous how many people use Lucas on this!

Got a French team at the moment but getting bored of it, Fekir is quality as a CAM though.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2018, 10:31:50 am »
They really could do with working on the career mode a little more. It's annoying getting promoted to the premier league where all the big clubs just play their reserve teams against you. It just wouldn't happen. Certainly not to that extent anyway.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2018, 01:19:55 pm »
There's a patch coming with some significant gameplay changes: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-19/news/fifa-19-pitch-notes-patch-3

I stopped playing H2H a couple of weeks ago, and have since only played a handful of Pro Clubs for a VFL team I'd already promised I'd be available to.

I'd never really been able to stick to FUT previously but completed three weekend leagues on this before I couldn't handle the random bullshit I was seeing any more.

Hopefully this patch makes it enjoyable to play competitively, though the fundamentals are so wrong that I really doubt it.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2018, 05:28:36 pm »
Have u people got a pro clubs? Bring me in :)

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2018, 09:47:25 pm »

Have u people got a pro clubs? Bring me in :)

Message this guy

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2018, 08:42:10 pm »
Why is Sanchez the best centre back in the world on this?

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2018, 09:08:42 am »
There is no way to buy a decent player for a bargain anymore. I see players for sale for a good price, wait on it. The minute it gets sub 30 seconds it's like there's a bot that just bids on it
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2018, 12:22:13 pm »
There is no way to buy a decent player for a bargain anymore. I see players for sale for a good price, wait on it. The minute it gets sub 30 seconds it's like there's a bot that just bids on it

You're better off sniping players most of the time.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2018, 09:19:28 pm »
Worst FIFA in years, this.

I've never conceded so many goals from kick off on any other FIFA. I'm battering teams all game and either drawing or getting beat in the end and that Journey is a load of shite aswell.

Last one ever for me.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2018, 11:12:17 pm »
Really struggling on this at the moment. Played 15 games on FUT and won 5, lost 8 and drew 2. The opposition seem to carve my team open for fun and my keeper (Sirigu) is virtually useless. Getting a win is very hard work for someone who is probably an above average Fifa player over the years.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2018, 11:14:52 pm »
Only lost 3 games of ranked H2H, but I still dont feel like the games any good.

UT is just pay to win so I stay away from that, might do an online draft no and then but thats about it.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2018, 11:09:55 am »
You only need to look as far as the page count on here to see how bad the game is these days. We were seeing 100+ page threads every year in the golden era of 08-12, and then separate threads for FUT and Pro Clubs.

Game is an absolute shambles. Near post corner and timed finesse shot 19. I'd not touched H2H in months until this last week or so.

December 1st was the start of VBL, which is a competition just for German residents in which you play 90 games online in month, then qualify for a live event.

I won my first 18 games and then came up against the only other guy with a perfect record in the top 100 - except he was 70-0. He made the last 16 of the last FUT live event, losing to the eventual winner. So, supposedly a really top tier pro player.

Honestly, the guy's gameplay was so underwhelming. I scored 3 by playing him off the park and tearing him open, and he scored 2 from (his only 2) corners, and 2 from finesse shots straight from kick off.

One of the absolute top players on the world stage, completely out on his own in the VBL, only winning because he knows how to abuse a corner mechanic and has mastered timing pressing B twice in a row.

It's not even like I am a top tier player - I'm soundly beaten by players no where near as successful as him all the time. Yet, he looked a level below me in every aspect of the game outside set pieces and finesse shots. Laughable that somebody so average can be so successful by mastering a couple of game mechanics.

There's no thought or innovation needed. It's clearly not a game for football enthusiasts any more, rather a game for gamers - and a really bad one at that.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2018, 11:51:22 am »
It's absolute fucking shite, stop buying it.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2018, 11:56:18 am »
First fifa i haven't bought, moved house when it was released and have missed clubs but not fifa really.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2018, 12:35:59 pm »
Just me who likes it then ;D

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2018, 12:50:37 pm »
Do we have a Rawk clubs team again? Might get it if there is a clubs team still going

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2018, 12:52:31 pm »

What do you like about it?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2018, 01:25:13 pm »

I haven't got it this year but my son has and I've had a few games with him and it seems pretty good. I've probably not spent long enough with it to let all the annoying stuff get to me but I'll probably pick it up after Xmas. Saying that I only ever play career and the odd online game. Never got into FUT

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2018, 01:26:18 pm »
What do you like about it?

Hard to narrow it down that way. It's more the fact that I don't have the same problems with it that most of you seem to.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2018, 01:27:19 pm »

You only have to look at the page count to realise rawk isn't the demographic for fifa anymore

It's still a juggernaut even if you don't like it.

It's never been a game for enthusiasts, ever. PES has always recreated the beautiful game better, the problem is sometimes the beautiful game isn't beautiful and my issue with PES 2019 is it just isn't that fun to play anymore.

I want to have fun playing games, sure exploiting mechanics isn't fun but you'll always have that online. I don't want to wait till after release to download a half decent data pack, or even pay for one (I mean wtf)

I did all that when I was 16. I'm twice that age now I dont have time to do all the editing myself.

There's different reasons why people enjoy games but ultimately fifa is more suitable for me now because I can just pick it up and play. I can't with PES
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:34:04 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2018, 01:28:06 pm »
You only have to look at the page count to realise rawk isn't the demographic for fifa anymore

It's still a juggernaut even if you don't like it.

I agree with this. I'd be very surprised if the sales have dropped much, if at all.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2018, 01:33:22 pm »
Hard to narrow it down that way. It's more the fact that I don't have the same problems with it that most of you seem to.

Fair enough. Are you not experiencing the score from kick off glitch that everybody on FUT can do?  ;D

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2018, 02:08:18 pm »
I agree with this. I'd be very surprised if the sales have dropped much, if at all.
Wouldn't dispute that - would imagine sales are increasing every year. I reckon the median play time has fallen off a cliff in recent years, though. I've no way to substantiate this claim, mind.
I'd see the main demographic of RAWK as football fans rather than gamers, and would agree it doesn't fit this demographic as well any more. The target market is kids who like opening packs, not those wanting to play an enjoyable football simulator.

I wouldn't agree that PES has always been a better football simulator. Always been miles behind in my opinion, aside from a few years in the early to mid 2000s, and perhaps again now. Think that's a different conversation, though.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:10:45 pm by Kuytinho »

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2018, 02:29:14 pm »
Fair enough. Are you not experiencing the score from kick off glitch that everybody on FUT can do?  ;D

The kick off 'glitch' is definitely there. You are more likely to concede from kick off than in open play, for whatever reason. But I don't think it's anywhere near a guaranteed thing that it has sometimes been made out to be.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2018, 04:23:15 pm »
Stopped playing about 3 weeks ago. I still go on every few days and complete the SBC's and open whatever packs, but the gameplay is atrocious and I refuse to continue dedicating time to that aspect of it.

I have about 300,000 coins + over 1,000,000 coins I could get if I sold players. It's very tempting to sell the coins online, but I noticed that the coin selling sites won't necessarily take them all at once (so if someone buys 100,000 coins from them, they'll send my 100k to them, but I'll still have 1.2m coins left which will also be taken in instalments and sent to future buyers), so it's a bit risky, as EA could ban my account after the first batch and then I'll only receive a portion of the payment and also lose the coins. Anyone know if there's a safer way?

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2018, 03:44:32 pm »
Some of the finesse shots ive been scoring have been pure filth!  Extremely over powered, wouldnt mind EA toning them down a good bit.  Though, it brings me a LOT of satisfaction curling one in the top bins when the opponent has the whole team back camped on the 18 yard box.

Types of goals i concede in this game:-
10% finesse shot outside box
8% open play
7% penalties / free kicks
5% follow up after rebound from post
70% Ronaldo header (usually front post from corner) - you may as well set your controller down, cannot defend against them.  I try everything in my power to stop them but you feel the way game is coded, it just can't be stopped! :(

Still enjoying it.  I wish you could use your custom tactics by default for every team when playing seasons.  Having to setup every single team is a ball ache.  I have tactics for ultra defence / defensive / attack / ultra attack.  Having the ability to select these for a random team i pick on seasons would be nice.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2018, 04:01:40 pm »
They did in the last patch, apparently. I’ve noticed no difference, if anything Firmino scores them more since.

What’s all this I read about “pro” gamers using manual goalkeepers in UT? How is that even a thing? I remember it being in one a while back, maybe 10, and being ridiculous then and patched out immediately.
AHA!

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2018, 04:07:09 pm »
They did in the last patch, apparently. I’ve noticed no difference, if anything Firmino scores them more since.

What’s all this I read about “pro” gamers using manual goalkeepers in UT? How is that even a thing? I remember it being in one a while back, maybe 10, and being ridiculous then and patched out immediately.

Yeah, ive seen it done in games.  I think you have to click both analogue sticks to activate the keeper.  The "pros" move the keeper towards the corner you're attempting a finesse shot into.  I'm all thumbs as it is without selecting the keeper.