Author Topic: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?  (Read 56105 times)

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
Re: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?
« Reply #600 on: January 7, 2019, 01:31:37 pm »
Well, thats just wrong ;D (PC here)
Had to be done, I've had an Xbox since release but all my mates were on PS4 so I didn't really bother with multiplayer games til now (except football games)

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #601 on: January 11, 2019, 06:12:03 am »
So Bungie and Activision split today - wonder how that will affect things moving forward?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #602 on: January 11, 2019, 07:19:44 pm »
INSTANTLY will stop ripping people off with these cash shop for fucking items that you should be able to at least grind for, a lot easier.

While they will make the game more harder for hardcore gamers, instead of rolling back difficulties for easier content.

Just look at what has happened to WOW over the years. 

Look at Call of duty.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:21:47 pm by lorenzo »

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: January 12, 2019, 05:04:50 pm »
INSTANTLY will stop ripping people off with these cash shop for fucking items that you should be able to at least grind for, a lot easier.

While they will make the game more harder for hardcore gamers, instead of rolling back difficulties for easier content.

Look at Call of duty.

Neither a WoW nor CoD player.. what happened with those games? (in simple words ;D )
@Yvanicuzz

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #604 on: January 12, 2019, 05:44:16 pm »
Neither a WoW nor CoD player.. what happened with those games? (in simple words ;D )
They watered down the player base, ignored concerns and now most of the decent players have just left. At one point i think wow was one of most subscribed games by nearly double figures in the millions.

Put it this way i can only see Destiny 2 getting better from here on.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: February 22, 2019, 12:02:44 pm »
I never played the original Destiny.
Had a go at Destiny 2 on my lads xbox, enjoyed the game but can't stand playing with gamepads.
I've been craving a sci-fi shooter so I ended up getting the Forsaken Legendary pack for my PC. Got to say I'm really enjoying it so far. 
Bungie do know how to make a balanced shooter and the RPG elements add to the experience.
Visuals are excellent too as is the voice acting.
Cracking game so far.

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: March 9, 2019, 10:34:30 pm »
Gambit Prime been up and about for some days now, gotta say I'm having fun. It was a good mode, and, in my opinion, they added some to it.
@Yvanicuzz

• Kopite
« Reply #607 on: March 11, 2019, 11:48:18 am »
Gambit Prime been up and about for some days now, gotta say I'm having fun. It was a good mode, and, in my opinion, they added some to it.
Yeah it's decent, although I can't quite figure out how to get the special armour yet.

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: March 11, 2019, 06:34:04 pm »
Yeah it's decent, although I can't quite figure out how to get the special armour yet.

Get 'Synths' from bounties, (looks like those green things Drifter is constantly flipping).
Insert synth in the 'Mote Synthesizer', (gotten from initial quest from Drifter).
Enter Reckoning. Wager mote in the bank before dropping down, check side on where to insert.
Complete reckoning, pop back up, loot bank - voila, armor.

Gotten a fair few pieces on both the Hunter and the Warlock. Seems the T1 amor only gives +1, so have to do some tier two for armor with some more oomph. In the process of raising light to 670.
@Yvanicuzz

• Kopite
« Reply #609 on: March 11, 2019, 09:24:56 pm »
Get 'Synths' from bounties, (looks like those green things Drifter is constantly flipping).
Insert synth in the 'Mote Synthesizer', (gotten from initial quest from Drifter).
Enter Reckoning. Wager mote in the bank before dropping down, check side on where to insert.
Complete reckoning, pop back up, loot bank - voila, armor.

Gotten a fair few pieces on both the Hunter and the Warlock. Seems the T1 amor only gives +1, so have to do some tier two for armor with some more oomph. In the process of raising light to 670.
I see - I think  ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: June 6, 2019, 05:39:30 pm »
Going F2P, will prolly give it a try then
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: June 6, 2019, 10:05:27 pm »
Going F2P, will prolly give it a try then
All DLC or is it the same deal as when it was “free” on PS Plus? I leveled up to 20 or 30 and then had to buy DKC.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: June 6, 2019, 10:30:55 pm »
It's a good idea to make it go f2p. Might give the player base a boost, especially if you dont need ps plus for it. Saying that I tried it on ps plus and didn't like it compared to destiny 1

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #613 on: June 8, 2019, 12:33:48 am »
All DLC or is it the same deal as when it was “free” on PS Plus? I leveled up to 20 or 30 and then had to buy DKC.

Guessing it's just the base game? I've not touched it even though I added it to my PSN account when it was free, not sure what's what with it to be honest as I see different versions/DLC on the store and a lot are blanked out as unavailable, the next DLC Shadowkeep is advertised for pre-order on Steam for £30 though so more than likely the base game

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: June 9, 2019, 12:14:23 am »

I believe it is everything upto the end of year one. The Forsaken DLC and the recent annual pass DLCs wont be included and will have to be bought, the new upcoming DLC shadowkeep is going to require purchase but will stand alone and not require you to buy the previous years DLC's

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: June 10, 2019, 12:36:30 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. Really enjoyed it when it was free on PS Plus a while back, but can’t be bothered to pay for it. Only have time for one game at the time these days.

I don’t understand the criticism of this game. It looks good and is fluid. The weapons are a lot of fun and I liked the leveling system. Only grievance I have is that some of the levels/locations looked similar.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: June 11, 2019, 02:31:09 am »
Thanks for the feedback. Really enjoyed it when it was free on PS Plus a while back, but can’t be bothered to pay for it. Only have time for one game at the time these days.

I don’t understand the criticism of this game. It looks good and is fluid. The weapons are a lot of fun and I liked the leveling system. Only grievance I have is that some of the levels/locations looked similar.

People gotta moan about something, Bungie have made mistakes over the years just like everyone else but they've always tried to listen to the criticisms and fix the issues. Have had a stupid number of hours fun out of the two games and will never likely get better value for money out of a game again.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: July 9, 2019, 06:52:01 pm »
They have just added Mo's meditation emote into the game..... thought I'd let anyone know....who may still play it  :wave

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: July 11, 2019, 01:37:13 am »
They have just added Mo's meditation emote into the game..... thought I'd let anyone know....who may still play it  :wave

Yeah I got it yesterday, its great :)

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: July 17, 2019, 12:29:31 pm »
Decided to get the recluse this season, played comp solo and got it by playing 57 games. Not as daunting as I thought it was gonna be, wasn't easy like as I had to proper concentrate playing some sweaty matches and stepping away after a run of losses.

The gun proper wrecks in PVE, well worth putting the effort in. Felt boss once I knew I would have enough points to pick it up on reset.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #620 on: July 17, 2019, 07:23:26 pm »
Proper brilliant weapon.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #621 on: July 18, 2019, 05:50:23 pm »
What load out do people use in PVP?  I love sniping so i tend to snipe a lot - though i feel sometimes i could be doing more damage by using the "meta" weapons etc.  Sniping is so much fun though! :)

Hate playing against shotty / slide players, still annoys me no end  :'(

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: July 20, 2019, 12:23:00 am »
Been using a shotty and various pulse rifles, don't really have a go to load out. Enjoy using the black scorpion now and again.

Been trying out a god roll trust that fallout plays recommended as I want to use it in comp to try and get the lunas.

Need some sniper kills to complete that revoker quest, might do it in Iron banner next week.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: July 20, 2019, 04:21:23 am »
What load out do people use in PVP?  I love sniping so i tend to snipe a lot - though i feel sometimes i could be doing more damage by using the "meta" weapons etc.  Sniping is so much fun though! :)

Blast Furnace pulse rifle with Range Masterwork, range stat is maxed out, kill range is stupid on it, and Age Old Bond in my Energy slot for mopping up, I'm not an amazing PvP player, nor do I play it a lot, but those two weapons have earned me quite a bit of hatemail on PSN haha.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 10:28:17 pm by Flaccido Dongingo »

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: July 30, 2019, 12:39:52 pm »

Fighting Lion + Austringer with Gemini Jester and top tree Nighstalker :P

.. with a passion!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #625 on: September 13, 2019, 07:09:15 am »
Can you play this game without others to play it with, do you need teammates to play at thecexact time you play day in day out or is that not howvit works? Can anyone explain?

• Kopite
« Reply #626 on: September 13, 2019, 10:01:56 am »
Can you play this game without others to play it with, do you need teammates to play at thecexact time you play day in day out or is that not howvit works? Can anyone explain?

You can play it solo. More fun with mates, but not essential. I bought it to play it with my mates but 95% of my gametike has been solo, maybe more  ;D

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: September 28, 2019, 07:32:44 pm »
New DLC, armot 2.0, no new pinnacle weapons, maps, system etc etc

Bit on the fence meself, others?
@Yvanicuzz

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: September 28, 2019, 09:38:30 pm »
The Complete Story of Destiny! From origins to Shadowkeep [Timeline and Lore explained] by Byf, over 3 hours in length but its quality made

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9mbDXvDNqTU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9mbDXvDNqTU</a>

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: September 29, 2019, 05:55:34 am »
The Complete Story of Destiny! From origins to Shadowkeep [Timeline and Lore explained] by Byf, over 3 hours in length but its quality made
Youtube if filled with shit but videos like these is what YouTube is made for. The creativity and talent of some people amaze me. Thank you for sharing this.

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: October 1, 2019, 03:02:26 pm »
Caved and bought Shadowkeep. Was on the fence for a long time, but in a good clan with good folks and most of them bought it. Most likely I'll play it enough to get 'my money's worth'.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: October 13, 2019, 10:39:22 am »
Decided to get the recluse this season, played comp solo and got it by playing 57 games. Not as daunting as I thought it was gonna be, wasn't easy like as I had to proper concentrate playing some sweaty matches and stepping away after a run of losses.

The gun proper wrecks in PVE, well worth putting the effort in. Felt boss once I knew I would have enough points to pick it up on reset.

And now you can get it in like an hour, like that they have made it easier to get (and all the other pinnacle guns) so others can enjoy what is one of the best guns in the game for just shredding adds.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: October 13, 2019, 10:03:34 pm »
And now you can get it in like an hour, like that they have made it easier to get (and all the other pinnacle guns) so others can enjoy what is one of the best guns in the game for just shredding adds.

The achievement of grinding for it in tense matches with your glory score on the line made it an experience you can't replicate as well now, still good that it's easier to achieve. Not touched comp yet, been concentrating getting all characters over 350 base power and maxing out the season progression to 100%, my power level is 964 now on all characters with +14 power from the artifact.

Iron banner will be a good source for pinnacle gear next week

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: October 15, 2019, 12:06:56 am »
The achievement of grinding for it in tense matches with your glory score on the line made it an experience you can't replicate as well now, still good that it's easier to achieve. Not touched comp yet, been concentrating getting all characters over 350 base power and maxing out the season progression to 100%, my power level is 964 now on all characters with +14 power from the artifact.

Iron banner will be a good source for pinnacle gear next week

I hope that's a mistype :) You'll struggle in Iron banner if not ;)

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: May 25, 2020, 03:02:23 am »
got a thousand voices and anarchy tonight, not really run that many of these raids so good RNG

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: May 25, 2020, 06:46:38 am »
got a thousand voices and anarchy tonight, not really run that many of these raids so good RNG

Wow that's some catch

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: May 30, 2020, 01:29:33 pm »
Tried out trials yesterday, got to 5 wins. Just basically put up with a couple of people getting on me tits for hours, grim experience.

• Kopite
« Reply #637 on: June 11, 2020, 11:07:14 am »
What did you folks think of the reveal on Tuesday evening?

I am hyped.  Love it.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: June 16, 2020, 02:41:39 pm »
got that new prophecy dungeon completed last night, bungie done a good job on it
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 02:44:30 pm by Rattleduser »

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: May 11, 2021, 09:07:17 am »

Look at Call of duty.

Its got worse since Bungo left Activision. Now we have the transmog scam incoming with the new season today.
And Fallen Babies aiming to oust Baby Yoda from his "awww" throne.