Author Topic: The Division  (Read 39819 times)

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Division
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2016, 07:34:33 pm »
i'll want to see how uplay holds up on PC before diving in, i suspect it won't

since it never has
STFU and agree with me.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2016, 11:42:34 pm »
Obviously it's going to look stunning on a PC you would need to take out a second mortgage to afford, but for the XBOX One, I'm hopeful it will still look excellent.

I know this is a post from March 2014, but early reviews saying it doesn't run at 1080p on XO and struggled with frame rates (locked at 30fps,) when there's a few enemies on screen.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2016, 04:09:06 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XLvLSY16ZYc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XLvLSY16ZYc</a>

Doesn't look very good here if i'm honest. Shame as it looked really good when first announced.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2016, 05:06:56 pm »
i think the main issue i have so far is the bullet sponge enemies. yeah it's an RPG and that's what you get in RPG games but when you shoot a human in the head they should die

hopefully it's something that won't annoy me too much as i'd still really like this game to not suck
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2016, 05:39:40 pm »
looks rubbish :'(
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
  • We've only won it six times..
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2016, 06:59:31 pm »
i think the main issue i have so far is the bullet sponge enemies. yeah it's an RPG and that's what you get in RPG games but when you shoot a human in the head they should die

I totally understand your concern with the bullet sponge issue. But look at this way.. after you walk all the way halfway through Manhattan only to be taken out by a sniper who has laid his nest somewhere on the map. Wouldnt that be annoying as well? I suppose its to give those players that have been jumped on a fighting chance, unlike a fast paced cod few shots kill were if you are attacked first you are more than likely going to die.

From the video it does seem though that pvp enemies take way too many bullets before going down. I guess we will judge properly when we do get to play and get a better understanding of why they went this way.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2016, 07:13:11 pm »
my hope would be that there'll be legendary weapons that have traits like "1 shot headkills on enemies below level XX"
STFU and agree with me.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2016, 08:18:39 pm »
Although graphically it looks nowhere near as good as they made out a couple of E3's ago, and the animation for that matter, it still looks fairly decent, unfortunately I can see what you mean by the bullet spongeness of other players, but at the same time they will also be irritated by your own spongeness. If they can alter it slightly, not so much that it becomes like CoD or Black Ops but a slight decrease in health I think it will be a very good MMO shooter RPG.

Looking forward to this one to be fair :)

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2016, 12:29:52 pm »
I have been checking out plenty of the lads on youtube who upload The Division videos. Seems like theres a huge difference in quality in terms of recorded material from different people ( of the same areas / on xbox console mind you ). I dont know why that is. Even IGN have a crappy quality video for some reason. Here are a few videos with better recorded footage which potray the graphic quality of the game in a better light I think.

This one explains what the game is all about.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6TbM12CmJw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u6TbM12CmJw</a>

Crafting explained
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8YZ_2HPdQXI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8YZ_2HPdQXI</a>

Base of Operations explained
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mvz55tbSxbI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Mvz55tbSxbI</a>

Gamplay starting missions and Dark Zone
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ymcs4EGwnUU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ymcs4EGwnUU</a>

The graphics might have been downgraded from what we saw three years, but I dont think its thats bad in my opinion. My main concern at this point is the end game content which they seem really tight lipped about at the moment. When you get to lvl 30 is it only grinding Dark Zones, or there's 8 man raids / hard 4 player content. Coz if its only Dark Zones at Max level, how can they keep the variety to keep players playing for a while.

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2016, 03:56:06 pm »

Another informative video (gameplay wise). This fella does a lvl 20 mission and touches on (and shows) some of the skills from each skill tree that are handy like the seeker mine for damage dealer and power station for healers

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dU-ylFd4Kfw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dU-ylFd4Kfw</a>

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2016, 11:27:38 am »
I think the gameplay looks fairly promising but holy shit the graphics have taken a massive slide. Not just a downgrade but almost unrecognisable from the game showcased during the console launches. I know there's always an extra level of polish on early previews but this is ridiculous.

By the way, completely unrelated but has anyone else noticed how many people on YouTube have the same weird guttural voice-over style? Like the guy in the Level 20 Agent video. Pronounce all the syllables people! Jesus.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2016, 01:09:21 pm »
Think it looks good. Might not be for me because I'm not massively into games like this but I'll give it a go at some point I'm sure. The graphics aren't an issue for me either, look at Fallout 4, but it can be jarring when they show off a game and it looks insane and then it comes to it and it doesn't live up to the hype. Ubi does have a track record of this though with Watchdogs looking unreal and then releasing with a downgrade

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2016, 09:22:09 pm »
like what i'm hearing about the PC version, it's about time PC games started making use of second monitors

https://youtu.be/IGQQCHlDHU4
STFU and agree with me.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
STFU and agree with me.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2016, 01:49:04 pm »
Like the look of it going from the videos posted so will still be a day 1 purchase. Looking forward to the beta in a few days though.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2016, 10:15:24 am »
Shame I couldn't get into the beta, needed to try it before I buy, not convinced by the videos

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2016, 10:42:51 am »
Got into the BETA so will play some tonight and a lot tomorrow, looks ace from screenshots and what I've read

Offline MC14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2016, 11:14:09 am »
Got into the BETA so will play some tonight and a lot tomorrow, looks ace from screenshots and what I've read

Bastard, was annoying as I got into the Rainbow six alpha/beta

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2016, 11:26:31 am »
Cant everyone get access if they just pre-order it from somewhere? A few have said online all you need to do is pre-order off psn and the beta will download straight away then just cancel it.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2016, 08:22:30 pm »
If anyone has a spare PS4 code, fancy spreading the love?

:)
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2016, 08:31:48 pm »
If anyone has a spare PS4 code, fancy spreading the love?

:)

Long shot but I wouldn't mind one too if possible? :)
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2016, 09:08:11 pm »
lol fuck it yeah ok, if anyone has an xbox one code spread the love that Hierro is on about :D

btw when is this being released? really wanted to get it when i saw it at e3 a couple of years back, so even though the graphocs have taken a drop off the cliff higher than K2 I still want it as i like the look of the gameplay and  the idea as a whole, it looks fricking awesome.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2016, 09:17:51 pm »
i think sometime in March
STFU and agree with me.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2016, 11:43:03 pm »
Yeah heard after I posted it's released on 8th March, so only 5 weeks away. Watched some twitch streams and damn it looks good. The only dodgy thing I have seen is that people use the jump n roll to get out of situations far too much and with way too much success. But other than that, wow it looks fantastic :D

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2016, 11:47:35 pm »
What time do the servers become active?

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2016, 04:33:31 pm »
Well....i fucking love this.

Wish the servers were more populated outside of the dark zone though.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2016, 04:50:50 pm »
i refuse to go near the beta, i'll play it when it comes out properly
STFU and agree with me.

Offline MC14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2016, 05:07:00 pm »
i refuse to go near the beta, i'll play it when it comes out properly

Refuse? meaning you have a code or just didn't attempt to.

When it was first shown I was buzzing, but I've been put off a little.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2016, 05:17:45 pm »
i don't have a code. i could get one if i ordered the game just like every can

i don't want to
STFU and agree with me.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2016, 10:29:01 pm »
Have watched a few videos on this, but still don't know what it's really about. I know it's supposed to be an MMORPG, but I would like to know if you can play on your own. I'm not really into all that WOW-raid kind of stuff. I'm more of a Guild Wars 2 guy. Play PVE on my own teaming up with others from time to time. What's the Division like. Can you play it mainly on your own and only join others when you feel like it, or do you basically need a squad to play?

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2016, 12:02:06 am »
Have watched a few videos on this, but still don't know what it's really about. I know it's supposed to be an MMORPG, but I would like to know if you can play on your own. I'm not really into all that WOW-raid kind of stuff. I'm more of a Guild Wars 2 guy. Play PVE on my own teaming up with others from time to time. What's the Division like. Can you play it mainly on your own and only join others when you feel like it, or do you basically need a squad to play?

Been playing on my own no problem.

you get NPCs helping out on a few missions like but nothing major, they're just there to provide cover fire because i've never seen one take an enemy out.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2016, 11:59:41 am »
Well....i fucking love this.

Wish the servers were more populated outside of the dark zone though.
You don't see other players outside of the Dark Zone unless you're in a group/fireteam with others.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #112 on: February 1, 2016, 12:09:02 am »
Have they opened the Beta up?  It's popped up on my UI on PSN even though I haven't pre-ordered the game.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
« Reply #113 on: February 1, 2016, 02:41:49 pm »

Heirro its been going on the whole weekend. They even extended it for another 24 hrs. I think it was supposed to end on Monday (I think, it could have been Sunday), but they extended to Tuesday.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 1, 2016, 08:45:48 pm »
it leaked from Xbox Italy that there's be a longer open beat near the end of Feb
STFU and agree with me.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 1, 2016, 10:42:13 pm »
it leaked from Xbox Italy that there's be a longer open beat near the end of Feb

yep, 16th - 21st isn't it?

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #116 on: February 2, 2016, 07:57:36 am »
Watched a few videos and I like what I see.

I don't see myself playing with a team but the single player stuff can be fun and then trade in.

Did that with Destiny. And whilst I didn't get the same out of the game as others, it did me. I prefer the setting in this to something like Destiny anyway.

Day one buy and then trade in when I'm finished. Unless the dark zone manages to pull me in.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #117 on: February 2, 2016, 01:05:15 pm »
I applied for Beta on PS4, it started on Jan 29th, didn't get an email, and thought that was the end of it...

come 31st Jan at 7pm UK time, i had an email  from Ubisoft, being invited to the BETA... Not exactly the greatest of timings considering work and all that and it closes today.

To start, this beta is 26GB... so you're not going to be playing it straight away. Once i had downloaded it, and loaded it, I must say it does look great. The graphics are pretty impressive considering it's not so much an RPG but it's more set up as an MMO.

The character generation is very impressive despite it being limited, so with the full game, the possibilities are absolutely endless and that's encouraging...

The game itself though... i can imagine a lot of players will be overwhelmed with where to start. The best advice would be to do the first main story mission in setting up your base and then exploring the area after you have taken control of your base, do the random encounters, or help some agent nearby etc... basically do activities that build up your XP and then do stuff.
After setting up the base, i took on the other main mission part which was rescuing some doctor, i won't spoil too much but it's good. The boss fight was slightly challenging but not overly so, and the higher the level you are, the easier it would become.

I must admit as well the gameplay, it is based off the mechanics of gears of war. It's cover, fire, kill enemies, move to next area, cover, fire etc... The fact that as it's practically an MMO, there is very little 1 shot 1 kills, it's filling enemies with as much bullets as possible and then killing them, which in a way spoils the game as such.

I can see this game initially being successful, but unless they add stuff to keep players enticed by it, then it'll quickly go downhill, especially given the way the game has been designed to be played. Also i never tried the Dark Zone, but from what has been said and written up by others who have played it, you can imagine that is going to be a real pain the ass...

Offline MC14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #118 on: February 2, 2016, 02:01:53 pm »
Yer I got my beta code yesterday morning luckily, so manged to have a good session at it. I enjoyed it, I did all the missions solo which were enjoyable but can imagine they would be a lot more fun with others.

The enemies sponging bullets didn't annoy me as much as i thought it would, it just flowed.

The dark zone was quite fun, I was expecting to run in there and just get shot all the time, surprisingly there are a few nice players, so I'd end up in a group of fun just exploring and hunting down the rogue agents. The way you get loot in there is a bit shitty, once you've collected it you'll have to call in a helicopter to retrieve it, doing this alerts everyone else and usually they'll come and join in. Sometimes it'll get smoothly as everyone else wants to get their loot out safely, however some of the occasions i'll be loading up the Heli with some others then get blown up and lose everything.

I can see myself enjoying this to be honest

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2016, 05:53:14 pm »
Pre-Load for the PC-open-beta is available on Uplay. 26GB and the beta will start on the 19th...