Author Topic: The Division  (Read 39855 times)

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Division
« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2016, 09:55:26 pm »
twitch stream tomorrow at 8 CET about incursions and the april patch
STFU and agree with me.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #321 on: March 31, 2016, 09:43:05 am »
Level 21 pve, and I popped into a DMZ for 5mins and came out Lvl 5 after shooting a player who shot at me. I particularly loved the way he crawled whilst injured, so I finished him with a pistol to the back of head. I have no idea why he was shooting me. Mistake probably and I only realised he was a player when I finished him off. I really like this game. Its different. But Ill complete the missions and upgrade the base before I jump back into the dmz.

Im gonna give it a 9/10 now ive played it for a bit. Its interesting. Ive learnt to keep my gear/mod/gun equipment at my rank level. Those yellow bosses with the nades can get stuck and are easy to h/s to death now ive got better with the marksman rifles.

As for collecting stuff for crafting, its easier just to deconstruct the rubbish you pick up than search for stuff.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #322 on: March 31, 2016, 11:50:39 am »
As for collecting stuff for crafting, its easier just to deconstruct the rubbish you pick up than search for stuff.

Will start optimizing my character a bit later by crafting gear and recalibrating stuff. So far, I've only done a bit of crafting and haven't really had to worry about materials. I've never really bothered looting all the spots for various parts (only picked them up from time to time when I could be arsed) and only dismantled all the useless stuff I found. Don't know whether that gives me enough materials to build enough suitable gear, but will have a look later. Also cannot say anything about the high-end stuff as I'm not at DZ-level 50 yet...

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
  • We've only won it six times..
« Reply #323 on: March 31, 2016, 01:57:19 pm »

I read that if you create a second character, they can access the stash from your first toon. Does that mean I can craft lvl 30 items and have em ready for a second alt when they get to lvl 30?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: March 31, 2016, 02:01:45 pm »
Lvl 30 pve and 32 pvp. Getting a bit bored of this now. Seems similar to Destiny (though setting, storyline and weapon/build progression feels better and more intuitive).
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: March 31, 2016, 03:47:10 pm »
Hit level 30, level 15 in DZ too and I'm getting bored of it already - it feels like there is nothing to do.

Destiny had strikes and playlists you could just stay in and it's that sort of action I'm missing. Will still try to 1000G this though.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: March 31, 2016, 06:42:21 pm »
crafted a vector with brutal(24% headshot), accurate(46% accuracy) and responsive, have it spec'd to do 52% crit chance and 105% crit damage. its a fuckin beast.

also got my second character up to 30 today
Wow, fucking hell, wouldn't want to run into you in the DZ...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2016, 06:45:08 pm »
I read that if you create a second character, they can access the stash from your first toon. Does that mean I can craft lvl 30 items and have em ready for a second alt when they get to lvl 30?

Yes
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2016, 07:11:22 pm »
Been doing the Russian Consulate glitch today and the fireteam glitch.  It's ridiculous.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2016, 07:33:07 pm »
Yes

That's awesome, makes grinding another too a bit more bearable because my luck in drop rates is pitiful.

On another note, just been watching the update 1.1 stream on twitch and came across this
-Trading will be added into the game. When you do an incursion and pick up something thats useful for your team mate, you can redrop it for them to pick it. If they dont like it they can pass it back to you or give another team mate who was in the same incursion group within the 2hr limit of completing the group content.
- Gear Sets that give set bonuses + a gear score level which will probably grade people after level 30 for Incursions/Raids etc

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:35:10 pm by Vlads »

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #330 on: March 31, 2016, 07:43:44 pm »
Gear rating appears to be the same as Destiny's Light Level by the looks of things.

They're adding some good stuff here - all for free!
Believe.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #331 on: March 31, 2016, 08:20:03 pm »
That stream was......a mess.  Some good info though.

15 waves of enemies in the incursion.....
Believe.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #332 on: April 1, 2016, 10:12:50 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NO9sjFjv12U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NO9sjFjv12U</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: April 1, 2016, 01:26:12 pm »
Wow, fucking hell, wouldn't want to run into you in the DZ...

think its all about health/armour in dz, haven't been going in there that much. gonna try this loadout for a bit, can tweak it for more stamina with less dps if need be. pretty much ignored skill power and electronics for this vector dps/crit build. will need to craft a better crit chance vector to get closer to the 60% max, mine is only 22 but I like the tallents

« Last Edit: April 1, 2016, 02:19:51 pm by Rattleduser »
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #334 on: April 1, 2016, 03:12:34 pm »
think its all about health/armour in dz, haven't been going in there that much. gonna try this loadout for a bit, can tweak it for more stamina with less dps if need be. pretty much ignored skill power and electronics for this vector dps/crit build. will need to craft a better crit chance vector to get closer to the 60% max, mine is only 22 but I like the tallents

What's the secondary, HE M1A?

And what's your armour? 60k hp is a bit low if you're planning to pvp, unless you're specced max armour, but even then 70k+ would be comfortable

Edit: Oh and if you're trying to max 60% cc, min max your gloves / mask as well as equip CC mods (assume your gear mods are already HE FA mods, but not sure if they're secondary rolled cc). I used to use a vector, but it had vicious so I was well above crit cap. Hitting 60% isn't really optimal anyway, I believe the sweet spot is 50% and as close as 1:5 CC/CHD ratio as possible
« Last Edit: April 1, 2016, 03:18:00 pm by Historical Fool »

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: April 1, 2016, 05:12:21 pm »
I am going for that Phoenix Vector blueprint. Up until recently been rolling with a lvl 26 Black Market AK47 because that hits like a truck. What I noticed from using the light submachine guns is that it forces you to become a better player, because you have to get closer and roll in out out. The Russian Embassy daily was quite good. All the others have been a walk in the park so far (down no doubt to players like Rattleduser in my pub team...).

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: April 1, 2016, 05:48:51 pm »
i've been using a level 27 sniper for about 20  hours now, i cannot find a better one  at level 30

it's a bit mental
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: April 1, 2016, 06:39:05 pm »
What's the secondary, HE M1A?

And what's your armour? 60k hp is a bit low if you're planning to pvp, unless you're specced max armour, but even then 70k+ would be comfortable

Edit: Oh and if you're trying to max 60% cc, min max your gloves / mask as well as equip CC mods (assume your gear mods are already HE FA mods, but not sure if they're secondary rolled cc). I used to use a vector, but it had vicious so I was well above crit cap. Hitting 60% isn't really optimal anyway, I believe the sweet spot is 50% and as close as 1:5 CC/CHD ratio as possible

Armour is over 3.7k, 52% weapon mitigation. high end classic m1a dropped so I'm using that, was using the m44

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: April 1, 2016, 06:45:45 pm »
i've been using a level 27 sniper for about 20  hours now, i cannot find a better one  at level 30

it's a bit mental
Which one? I love the Hunting Rifle.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: April 1, 2016, 07:42:26 pm »
it's a Superior First Wave M1A
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: April 1, 2016, 08:42:55 pm »
still pretty good with more health and armour

still plenty to improve. ran out of phoenix credits and I'm low on certain materials so no more re-calibrating and crafting tonight.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2016, 08:49:52 pm by Rattleduser »

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #341 on: April 1, 2016, 08:50:06 pm »
still pretty good with more health and armour

Nice. There's a big, very noticeable difference in the last 5% damage mitigation at 65%, you should try it out. It's something ridiculous like 87.5% damage reduction in pvp. I gave up 11% crit chance to get max Armor and I feel it's worth it.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: April 1, 2016, 09:09:16 pm »
Nice. There's a big, very noticeable difference in the last 5% damage mitigation at 65%, you should try it out. It's something ridiculous like 87.5% damage reduction in pvp. I gave up 11% crit chance to get max Armor and I feel it's worth it.

will give it a go over the weekend, prob need the higher levels of damage reduction for incursions

got loads of different high end armour pieces to play with as well
« Last Edit: April 1, 2016, 09:11:19 pm by Rattleduser »

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: April 3, 2016, 01:52:48 am »
30 people work the exploit for a challenging mission ;D
https://youtu.be/O3b5GA-AtUM
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: April 3, 2016, 08:36:11 am »
30 people work the exploit for a challenging mission ;D
https://youtu.be/O3b5GA-AtUM
lulz... The chav accent is a tad annoying though.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2016, 08:38:22 am by Twelfth Man »

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: April 4, 2016, 07:35:59 pm »
started a fourth character, there is no end game until the update

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: April 4, 2016, 09:04:20 pm »
started a fourth character, there is no end game until the update

What I don't get is that they've basically made no effort at all to make it fun getting your DZ-level up. All you do is run around and kill the same enemies again and again. And it doesn't really make that big a difference what kind of enemy you kill. At least, I've not seen any "real" difference in terms of the XP you get whether you kill one of the purple low level ones or a yellow lvl-32 guy.

I'm now DZ-level 46 and it has been a pain in the arse getting there from 40 onwards. I have almost all yellow gear (except the body armour and backpack I think, and my pistol), but to get the one that's suited for me, I have to get to level 50 to be able to buy the right blueprints. I could do the dailys to get more yellow items (and I do for entertainment purposes), but to really build your character the way you want, you need to craft your gear. And you can't do that properly below DZ-level 50.

Farming in the DZ would be fun, if you got decent loot, but at most I'm getting purple items. Even when I went into the higher level area with groups didn't really get any yellow gear, which makes it incredibly boring. Don't know which youtube-guy said it, but for a game that makes a big deal about getting loot, actually getting loot is just boring, because the high level stuff can only be crafted with blueprints you have to buy...

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: April 5, 2016, 04:53:07 am »
True, but dont forget you need the mats to keep crafting the right gear to get the right talents on once you have the blueprints, so all the purples you get and disenchant/deconstruct help.
choose Life.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #348 on: April 5, 2016, 07:22:35 am »
True, but dont forget you need the mats to keep crafting the right gear to get the right talents on once you have the blueprints, so all the purples you get and disenchant/deconstruct help.

But once you hit dz rank 50 you need gold division tech to craft any item from there , Ali had about 5 which allowed me to craft 2 shitty weapons . After that there is no point because the gold division tech is so hard to come by .

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: April 5, 2016, 08:08:36 am »
What I don't get is that they've basically made no effort at all to make it fun getting your DZ-level up. All you do is run around and kill the same enemies again and again. And it doesn't really make that big a difference what kind of enemy you kill. At least, I've not seen any "real" difference in terms of the XP you get whether you kill one of the purple low level ones or a yellow lvl-32 guy.

I'm now DZ-level 46 and it has been a pain in the arse getting there from 40 onwards. I have almost all yellow gear (except the body armour and backpack I think, and my pistol), but to get the one that's suited for me, I have to get to level 50 to be able to buy the right blueprints. I could do the dailys to get more yellow items (and I do for entertainment purposes), but to really build your character the way you want, you need to craft your gear. And you can't do that properly below DZ-level 50.

Farming in the DZ would be fun, if you got decent loot, but at most I'm getting purple items. Even when I went into the higher level area with groups didn't really get any yellow gear, which makes it incredibly boring. Don't know which youtube-guy said it, but for a game that makes a big deal about getting loot, actually getting loot is just boring, because the high level stuff can only be crafted with blueprints you have to buy...
I have given up with DZ since the Dailies and Challenging missions. On lvl 23. It means no Yellow vest or Rifle.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #350 on: April 5, 2016, 09:16:50 am »
Went into the DZ last night, there was 7 of us though, we managed to go as two parties, then one person leave and join the other, they disband and then you join one of the individuals, this way we all ended up in the same instance, so we were doing everything as like a 7 man team, it was class and so funny hunting rogues as a big pack!!

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: April 5, 2016, 03:38:53 pm »
But once you hit dz rank 50 you need gold division tech to craft any item from there , Ali had about 5 which allowed me to craft 2 shitty weapons . After that there is no point because the gold division tech is so hard to come by .
  Oh yes you right, I'm only level 40 in the dz so not bought any of the blueprints from the safehouses in there yet.  I best get looking for more division tech, got about 7 or 8 yellow/gold atm I think.
choose Life.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: April 6, 2016, 12:54:01 am »

Have 14 at the moment, but still level 48. Went in there with a group today and had quite some fun. Started out alone, but too many people around going after you, when you're not in a group. And sadly, I don't have good enough gear to actually be a thread to them. With three other guys it was no problem, especially as one of them apparantly had great gear and basically did all the work. It was still fun though chasing the guy after he had tried killing one of us. He ended up trying once more and dying again. After that, we saw him run around again, but he didn't dare try it a third time... ;)

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: April 6, 2016, 06:48:48 pm »
in the 12th april patch they are lowering the DZ level needed for vendors
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
« Reply #354 on: April 7, 2016, 12:42:12 pm »
Update 1.1 Notes (12th of April)

Gameplay

-Turret skill can no longer suppress enemy NPCs, as this allowed named NPCs to be defeated too easily
-Recalibrating High-End items will now cost normal Credits instead of Phoenix Credits
-Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 named enemies:
-Level 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits
-Level 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits
-Level 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits

Dark Zone

-The vendor in the Church Safe House will now sell items in Dark Zone Funds instead of Phoenix Credits
-Ranks requirements for Superior and High-End quality items at the Dark Zone Vendors have been adjusted:
-Superior (Purple) items: Rank 15 instead of 30
-High-End (Gold) level 30 (Gear Score 163): Rank 25 instead of 50
-High-End (Gold) level 31 (Gear Score 182): Rank 40 instead of 50
-Added a new Dark Zone bracket for characters with Gear Score 160+

Crafting

Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
-10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
-15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
-10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item

Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
-Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
-Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
-Added new level 31 and 32 High-End items Blueprints to Vendors
-Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints
« Last Edit: April 7, 2016, 12:57:02 pm by Vlads »

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #355 on: April 7, 2016, 04:37:05 pm »
Dodgy DPS stats are starting to annoy me

Using a purple AUG Para instead of my high end weapons for the crit damage and stability, but can't trust the numbers.

Would help if the shooting range wasn't such a waste of time. Just put a single target in there that takes the same damage as an elite or something. The accuracy and headshot bonuses seem to throw the numbers way out of kilter.

Finding Warrengate and Consulate missions on challenging to be impossible with randoms.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: April 7, 2016, 05:32:27 pm »
all about crowd control and teamwork on the tougher challenge modes, not experienced it playing with randoms though

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: April 7, 2016, 07:16:10 pm »
Finding Warrengate and Consulate missions on challenging to be impossible with randoms.

Depends on the group you get. Main thing with the Consulate is to not rush things especially at the start and when entering the library. If you have a group where people know what they're doing it's not that big a problem. Still a pain in the arse though. Same goes for that Warrengate part where there's a timer running.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #358 on: April 8, 2016, 01:55:02 pm »
I made Lvl30 in normal zone last night, unlocked all the Base Health, Tech and security etc. So now I will jump into the DMZ and try to figure out the gist in there. Ive popped in before and made Lvl18 but never really explored much. Just sat nr the entrance and shot purple people. To be honest I have no idea what Im doing most of the time or what mods etc to do. If it requires too much thinking Im not that interested. I just wanna shoot and go. I prefer lone wolfing. My main weapon is approx 60k dps and marksman at 40k atm.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
« Reply #359 on: April 8, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »
I made Lvl30 in normal zone last night, unlocked all the Base Health, Tech and security etc. So now I will jump into the DMZ and try to figure out the gist in there. Ive popped in before and made Lvl18 but never really explored much. Just sat nr the entrance and shot purple people. To be honest I have no idea what Im doing most of the time or what mods etc to do. If it requires too much thinking Im not that interested. I just wanna shoot and go. I prefer lone wolfing. My main weapon is approx 60k dps and marksman at 40k atm.

If you want to shoot and go rule of thumb is look for items that increase your amour (can only be capped at 65% damage mitigation at the moment - which is like 4100+- armor if I am correct), then get gear items that increase your health and dps.

If you want to be a bit more patient with it especially when you get a High End weapon (The gold ones), you then can build your stats around the talents your main weapon has. A high end weapon comes with 3 talents. 1 talent will be a freebie, the other two need you to fulfill requirements on firearms (DPS), stamina (health) and electronics (skill power). So one of the two talents might need you to have say 1889 Stamina and 2500 firearms to make use of said talent.

Check requirements on the far right

At the end of the say, you will keep finding gear items which will take you to the required 1889 Stamina, while the thing reduces your required firearms by 200 from what you need. This is where mod slots come in. You can then make up what you lost from getting a mod slot which has +firearms to add to say your chest piece or backpack.

In this picture, when the crafted High End mod is crafted it will give the user between 117-143 firearms (right side)

In my case at the moment, while building my stats to fulfill the talents of my AK-74, I have taken a hit on my firearms while reaching the required amount on my stamina and electronics. So I am hunting DZ Xp to get the chest piece that give 3 mod slots, so I can stick in 3 +firearms mods in it. Play around with a couple of gear items and see what you get.

I hope I didn't make the explanation too complicated.