Author Topic: Borderlands 3 Hype!  (Read 41021 times)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Borderlands 3 Hype!
« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2019, 09:56:36 pm »
Well, this might well be the worst conference a company’s ever had.

Game looks more of the same, a little glimpse of a potential new world. Hope it’s a variety of worlds, Pandora’s a tad stale.

Bound to be a fair chunk of more of the same, no need to reinvent the wheel after all, it will be interesting to see what new stuff they introduce though, you'd expect them to not reveal too much in this initial trailer after all and the multiple worlds thing has a fair amount of potential if used properly.

So far they have basically shown existing chars will still be around (unknown if playable or not), basic mechanics and look are still there and they have shown us the looks of the new hunters and baddies, seems okay amount for a launch trailer.

Interesting breakdown of the trailer and some speculation on the game at https://www.gamesradar.com/borderlands-3-trailer-breakdown/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:00:01 pm by Skeeve »

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: March 30, 2019, 12:21:14 am »
Can't wait for this game, gonna be an excruciating wait now that I know it's official but it's gonna be so good

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: April 3, 2019, 07:11:31 pm »
Launch date is confirmed as 13th September, with a further delay for PC gamers who don't intend buying it on the Epic store.  :(

Four different versions of the base game, with two of those including the 4 campaign dlc season pass.

Announce trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiEu23G4onM

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #443 on: April 3, 2019, 07:12:51 pm »
I’ve just bought the remastered original.

Three copies I’ve bought now  :-X
AHA!

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: April 3, 2019, 07:17:07 pm »
I’ve just bought the remastered original.

Three copies I’ve bought now  :-X

Different platforms or just very absent-minded?  ;D

Glad I get the enhanced version for free on steam.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: April 3, 2019, 07:37:11 pm »
Wont play this due to their exclusivity with the epic store. Shit move

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #446 on: April 3, 2019, 08:17:09 pm »
What's the deal with the Epic store, why is it so bad and if it's bad, why are companies putting their games on there?

No worries for us PS4 dons.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: April 3, 2019, 08:38:33 pm »
What's the deal with the Epic store, why is it so bad and if it's bad, why are companies putting their games on there?

You have a number of reasons why people are complaining about it vs the various other stores, besides people simply preferring steam since you can buy your games from multiple sources and activate them on there, there are fair complaints about them.

Most gamers understand that 1st party titles may very well end up as an exclusive on a particular store, that is fair enough since they belong to that company, but Epic have been throwing around their Fortnite money to buy up 3rd party titles to timed exclusive periods of 6-12 months, often doing so at the last minute such as with the new Metro game that already had boxes in the shops with the steam logo or in one case buying up a kickstarted game that specifically stated steam keys in various tiers.

This exclusivity stuff wouldn't be so bad if their store was anywhere near comparable in features but it is nowhere near as it lacks numerous features such as cloud saves, reviews, etc and more crucially for most regions they do not have local pricing so the games are also costing more in the process for gamers.

The final straw for most people are the security concerns, there seems to be a far higher rate of hacking attempts with their accounts than any other, their 2fa does some stupid stuff like needlessly exposing your email address and besides external concerns, their client has been found to be acting like spyware looking around your machine to gather up data from steam regardless of whether you allow it to do or not.

Basically, less features, higher costs and lower security.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #448 on: April 3, 2019, 08:47:55 pm »
That's really shitty, I guess the only way to fight it is to not buy games on that platform and wait for them to turn up on Steam.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: April 3, 2019, 09:02:30 pm »
to be honest, I am tempted to wait even longer, once you have already waited a year, not so tough to hold off for another six months and get it on a sale so that you are not immediately rewarding the publisher when the exclusivity expires.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #450 on: April 4, 2019, 03:24:26 pm »
while I'm not fussed about the Epic release, there is no way I'm paying £50 for the base game, I'll wait thanks

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 4, 2019, 03:59:24 pm »

Basically, less features, higher costs and lower security.

In a nutshell yeah.

I have a ps4 too as well as an xbox but I just don't like the practice at all, similar to the xbox one tomb raider exclusivity, they moneyhat publishers. It's not like it's a game primarily funded by Epic and therefore should be on the epic store.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2019, 04:02:53 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #452 on: April 5, 2019, 12:39:18 am »
You have to say though that for developers it has the advantage that Epic store takes a smaller cut of their revenue compared to other stores even without an exclusivity deal. So it kind of makes sense to sell your game there. It might also be easier that people actually see your game compared to Steam where there are tons of shite new games published every day. In the other hand, Steam has a much bigger player base.

Personally, I'm not really gaming on pc anymore so I don't really care about all this. I do understand though why people might not want to use the Epic store. I can also see why developers might want to publish their games there.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 5, 2019, 12:46:08 pm »
On the brightside though, 2020 will be one hell of a year for PC games, like about 20 or 30 GOTY editions at half the price of the base game on the Epic store.

Can moan about a company all day long, epic deserve a backlash for the blatant lies and exclusivity shite in the past month. Only way consumers will win is by simply not buying into their eco-system, or whatever that crappy launcher is supposed to be. if not, just pirate the thing  :-X the publishers are not helping matters either, last thing on anyone's mind is the buying public.

As a side note, never got into Borderlands much, though did get to meet Ashly Burch / Tiny Tina at a games expo few years ago!

« Last Edit: April 5, 2019, 12:47:59 pm by a useless tit »
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: April 7, 2019, 01:31:13 am »
Started playing Borderlands Remastered on the Xbox One with my bro and best mates and wow, the nostalgia is crazy, hard to imagine that this game was first introduced 10 years ago, I remember it so vividly!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: April 7, 2019, 03:34:57 pm »
Wont play this due to their exclusivity with the epic store. Shit move
Why?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 7, 2019, 09:11:48 pm »
Why?

Well firstly Borderlands is best played on PC. I don't want another launcher especially one that has hardly any features in comparison to steam and I have concerns around Epic using my information on PC. They gave 2k a bunch of money to stop them releasing it on steam, whilst steam does take a higher percentage the platform in general is far better and the playerbase is also larger. Because of this practice by Epic and the fact 2k don't see the issues here I don't wish to play this game on console either. I might consider it 12 months down the line but highly doubtful.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #457 on: April 7, 2019, 09:47:23 pm »
Why?

I personally won't touch anything on there cos of this

I was getting bombarded with emails about hacking attempts on my account, I've only ever used it for a couple of freebies I picked up ages ago and Ark dev kit so got no credit card stored, biggest problem I had at the time was they wouldn't let you change email address and their only security was a code they sent to the same email, they have changed it since so you can now change address and use Google authenticator but they weren't arsed at the time so I have no trust in them, they can get to fuck if they think I'm paying for anything through their system

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: April 8, 2019, 12:16:49 am »
My son has the Epic launcher on his PC with my email as a login and I've never had any emails like that to be honest.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #459 on: April 8, 2019, 06:27:12 pm »
So anyway, back to the game.......I CAN'T FLIPPING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: April 8, 2019, 11:06:39 pm »
I'm proper torn on this one; I really don't like that Epic thingie, not one bit.

Then again, it's Borderlands!

But at the moment, I'm in the sceptical 'mmm... no', column.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: April 8, 2019, 11:54:11 pm »
My son has the Epic launcher on his PC with my email as a login and I've never had any emails like that to be honest.

You are very lucky then, getting your account locked out due to them is very common since Fortnite took off, I had an account for ages due to the ut beta with no issues, but once fortnite became a big hit I was getting them all the time and eventually I ended up just getting the account deleted as by that point they had started doing that exclusives rubbish so I had zero intention of using it for new games.

On the subject of being hyped for BL3, has anyone gone back to the older games, particularly BL1 since it got a bunch of updates for the enhanced edition?
« Last Edit: April 8, 2019, 11:56:31 pm by Skeeve »

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #462 on: April 18, 2019, 11:59:46 am »
I'm proper torn on this one; I really don't like that Epic thingie, not one bit.

Then again, it's Borderlands!

But at the moment, I'm in the sceptical 'mmm... no', column.

Going to wait 6 months for steam release. Most bugs should be sorted by then, plus they’ll be more content (hopefully)

The game will hopefully be cheaper as well.

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: May 1, 2019, 05:36:19 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skXyp4kNMFQ

Gameplay reveal. Apparently 30 mins of chit-chat first, then the devs will play for an hour.. Just started.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #464 on: May 2, 2019, 04:19:27 pm »
Not massively impressed at all with anything revealed yesterday, 5 years since BL2 and what they showed looked like more of the same, seems like lots of fanservice with nods to older previous characters and graphics looking pretty much the same albeit with a HD paint on, the snippets of the humour didnt work either, seemed a bit underwhelming for me, hope im wrong.
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: June 9, 2019, 11:05:01 pm »
While I don't like their decision about the epic store exclusivity, it is much tougher to fault some of their decisions in the leadup to the launch, such as releasing a full dlc for BL2 to act as a bridge between the games:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/872280/Borderlands_2_Commander_Lilith__the_Fight_for_Sanctuary/

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #466 on: June 9, 2019, 11:09:22 pm »
That's pretty cool, wish I hadn't deleted my save on BL2.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: June 9, 2019, 11:43:06 pm »
Randy Pitchford is a ball bag, I'm sure we can all agree on that 100%

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #468 on: August 9, 2019, 05:55:46 pm »

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: August 10, 2019, 12:22:08 am »
So hyped for this game, still have great memories of playing the first one with my brother and 2 of our mates! Hopefully the 3rd one is just as fun!

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: August 11, 2019, 06:28:11 pm »
Been skimming thru the skill strees, seen some trailers and vids here and there... gotta say, was more hyped for BL2..

Think there might be something with the characters, they're a bit meh to me.. /shrug
@Yvanicuzz

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: August 12, 2019, 08:35:24 am »
Been skimming thru the skill strees, seen some trailers and vids here and there... gotta say, was more hyped for BL2..

Think there might be something with the characters, they're a bit meh to me.. /shrug

Maybe they thought ahead and a huge part of the DLC will be expensive characters

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #472 on: August 12, 2019, 11:34:56 am »
I can't fucking wait! I appreciate anything other than apathy towards anything is uncool as fuck....but fuck them nerds!

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: August 30, 2019, 02:37:01 pm »
Maybe they thought ahead and a huge part of the DLC will be expensive characters

Supposedly their intention this time round is to add new trees to these four rather than adding dlc characters or at least there aren't any planned for the first season pass which is all story dlc, all the reports say that there's a lot more voice interactions from the vault hunters this time round so adding new characters is probably more hassle than simply enabling new builds for the existing ones.

I have to say that their build-up of pr for the game has drawn me in, I was originally intending to wait for the steam release but now think I will put in a late preorder after the review embargo has been lifted and before the game launches. I can't decide between Zane and Fl4k for my first play through, both of them look more interesting and better suited to a first character than the other two for me.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #474 on: September 4, 2019, 11:02:33 am »
Ordered the deluxe with all the DLCs, first time I've ever done this for a game.  Pretty hype.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: September 4, 2019, 11:44:56 am »
Ordered the deluxe with all the DLCs, first time I've ever done this for a game.  Pretty hype.

Isn't the DLC at the moment just Skin packs?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #476 on: September 4, 2019, 12:34:43 pm »
Isn't the DLC at the moment just Skin packs?

The super deluxe version is £90 and that gives you the season pass too, so all the DLCs when they're released.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: September 4, 2019, 01:02:11 pm »
The super deluxe version is £90 and that gives you the season pass too, so all the DLCs when they're released.

Ahh Ok that version :) well nice if you can get it lol.....the DLC for B2 was overall great I think so fingers crossed :)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #478 on: September 4, 2019, 01:17:20 pm »
Ahh Ok that version :) well nice if you can get it lol.....the DLC for B2 was overall great I think so fingers crossed :)

Ha yeah this is probably the first time in my life when a game I know I'll be into is released and I've got enough money to justify going all in on it.  They've always had some really good DLC content, Assault On Dragon Keep and Claptastic Voyage were both amazing.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: September 4, 2019, 05:03:03 pm »
I went for the same version, the regular deluxe version seems pointless and overpriced, but the bits and pieces you get from it are just a nice extra bonus in the super deluxe where you are basically getting a discount on the cost of the full version plus season pass.