Author Topic: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs  (Read 87537 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Reply #400 on: September 30, 2023, 10:20:51 pm »
Seen them moan that Jota shoukd have seen red at Anfield last season before he got the winner. Not sure that cancels out all the other shite that’s fine against us.

Even that was an odd complaint given no one (except Mane) gets red carded for a high foot. You just reminded me that in the same game, Mason's challenge on Diaz should have resulted in a red card - kind of similar to Jones' but without his foot rolling on top of the ball.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #401 on: October 1, 2023, 12:00:46 am »
Maddison has really improved them. They are a shoe-in for a top 4 spot.

The top 4 will be the 4 teams that are currently occupying those places in any order.

They are average and won’t finish in the top 4. Small time club. Even that fat pig Ange can fuck off.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: October 1, 2023, 12:16:24 am »
Even that was an odd complaint given no one (except Mane) gets red carded for a high foot. You just reminded me that in the same game, Mason's challenge on Diaz should have resulted in a red card - kind of similar to Jones' but without his foot rolling on top of the ball.

What is the Spurs fans opinion of Skipp challenge on Diaz in that same match ?

Oh yeah don’t mention that do they and that was worse than Jones today

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: October 1, 2023, 12:43:33 am »
What is the Spurs fans opinion of Skipp challenge on Diaz in that same match ?

Oh yeah don’t mention that do they and that was worse than Jones today

Oh yeah, I meant Skipp as opposed to Mason, got one bang average midfielder confused with another.

But yeah, the Skipp challenge should have been a red but unsurprisingly wasn't given.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: October 1, 2023, 12:55:34 am »
They looked like fucking shite for the 20-25 mins where we were even strength.

They looked even worse the rest of the game.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #405 on: October 1, 2023, 01:23:38 am »
Very fortunate to come out on top against a 9 man Liverpool side.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: October 1, 2023, 01:24:48 am »
They are not that good. They are over-performing by a lot certainly at the top end of the field. They dont really have answers once a team puts them under real pressure and they lack a lot of creativity. The points on the board give them a decent chance of top four but it will be 5th or 6th for them.

Also they have one of the worst songs. That dirge “when Spurs go marching in” is unbearable.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: October 1, 2023, 01:25:28 am »
What's with that redskins drone ?

And don't get me started on the c*nt with the trumpet.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #408 on: October 1, 2023, 03:23:57 am »
These are abysmal!

Sheffield had them at 0-1 UNTIL the 98th minute! ONLY THEN did they score to equalize.. and then scored on - get this- the 100th minute to "win" the game!
Cue the media's wankfest over that.. and for Liverpool just a- "Win over Wolves masks Klopp's failed..." from the media!

Then the same shit today- a visiting team gets a goal disallowed, goes down to 10-men and equalizes, goes down to 9 men and Spurs cannot score a goal even if the game went past pelanties! They finally "win" due to an own goal!

They are utter wankjuice and the new manager bounce won't last long!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #409 on: October 1, 2023, 03:37:30 am »
They did a lap of honour after a league game? And with their kids?

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: October 1, 2023, 03:44:58 am »
They did a lap of honour after a league game? And with their kids?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

I mean we love a celebration but this is a bit mental. Last home game of the season was it.

On the game, 11 vs 11, Liverpool were all over them, looked like only a matter of time before you score, then the var that doesnt see offsides decide to see red card. Im sure the pgmol got it covered though, nothing to worry about.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: October 1, 2023, 05:09:18 am »
These are abysmal!

Sheffield had them at 0-1 UNTIL the 98th minute! ONLY THEN did they score to equalize.. and then scored on - get this- the 100th minute to "win" the game!
Cue the media's wankfest over that.. and for Liverpool just a- "Win over Wolves masks Klopp's failed..." from the media!

Then the same shit today- a visiting team gets a goal disallowed, goes down to 10-men and equalizes, goes down to 9 men and Spurs cannot score a goal even if the game went past pelanties! They finally "win" due to an own goal!

They are utter wankjuice and the new manager bounce won't last long!
They have a lot of quality going forward which is important for a top 4 push. I don't see United or Chelsea finishing above them. The only scenario that would happen is if they Spurs it up.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: October 1, 2023, 05:48:36 am »
Don't mind Ange. The rest are twats though. Even Son who I thought was alright. Bouncing around like they won a trophy. Dumbasses.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #413 on: October 1, 2023, 07:04:20 am »
Best Spurs side I can remember for some time. Apart from Madison and Richy la no problem with them, I”ve no problem with them celebrating, their building an exciting attacking team after some really negative managers, yes of course it’s a big deal beating us, they haven’t done it for a while. They’re a good team no problem with saying that, in fact that’s why I was made up when we worked them out and started out playing them before Curtis was sent off. My problem is with the officiating aside from the big stuff we got nothing today. Doesn’t hurt to acknowledge that’s the best Spurs side we”ve played in a while, that’s why I’m proud of our display today even with every disadvantage we put in a great performance. Proud of every player

I think they’ve shown their quality in bits and pieces and maybe on paper this is their best team in awhile but they were pretty average yesterday till Jones got sent off. Madison was nowhere to be seen, we kept Son and Richie pretty quiet and Kulusevski barely had any impact.

They needed the most ridiculous set of decisions and an own goal to beat us. Are they better than they’ve been in awhile? Off yesterday’s showing I wouldn’t think so, but over the course of the first few games then probably.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: October 1, 2023, 08:47:18 am »
Best Spurs side I can remember for some time. Apart from Madison and Richy la no problem with them, I”ve no problem with them celebrating, their building an exciting attacking team after some really negative managers, yes of course it’s a big deal beating us, they haven’t done it for a while. They’re a good team no problem with saying that, in fact that’s why I was made up when we worked them out and started out playing them before Curtis was sent off. My problem is with the officiating aside from the big stuff we got nothing today. Doesn’t hurt to acknowledge that’s the best Spurs side we”ve played in a while, that’s why I’m proud of our display today even with every disadvantage we put in a great performance. Proud of every player
I was worried about Spurs before the game because they looked a threat in the games that I'd watched. They're one of the better sides in the league at the moment. I thought that the'yd be a tougher opposition than what they were on the day though. We looked comfortable with 11 men and looked like we could beat them with ten men, it's unfortunate that we didn't get the opportunity to bring Nunez on.  If Bissouma or Maddison get injured then they're going to struggle as those two make this Spurs side tick.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #415 on: October 1, 2023, 09:01:01 am »
We'll finish at least 10 points ahead of them. Won't even be close. Our best is way better than theirs
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: October 1, 2023, 09:12:55 am »
Maddison is honestly pathetic, wonderful player ruined by the fact he's gone too far in his youtube research of Bernardo Silva and Bruno Fernandes and incorporated their perpethual whinging in the  refs ear along with their actual gameplay

They need to make that shite a bookable offence, you aren't the captain so fuck off

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: October 1, 2023, 09:47:48 am »
When Son went off they had hardly any threat, they are being hyped up for no good reason

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: October 1, 2023, 09:49:07 am »
Look forward to Son and/or Maddison being out injured

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #419 on: October 1, 2023, 09:49:47 am »
Cannot wait to get them back to anfield.

I cannot wait
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #420 on: October 1, 2023, 09:50:27 am »
Even when they win, nobody talks about them

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: October 1, 2023, 10:18:49 am »
Even when they win, nobody talks about them

Somewhat ironic  ;D

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: October 1, 2023, 10:20:09 am »
Somewhat ironic  ;D

Happy with the win? We're a little bit annoyed to be honest :P

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: October 1, 2023, 10:21:32 am »
That was a pretty shite decision on the offside though. Didn't know anything about that at the game. Only noticed the 'VAR Checking Offside' slide stayed on the big screens for a very long time even after the game had restarted. Sooner they bring in that automated offside system the better. The less humans getting involved in the decision making the better  ;D

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: October 1, 2023, 10:25:52 am »
I'm baffled that they had the audacity to celebrate in the manner that they did. If I was a Spurs player, I'd secretly be embarrassed that I was part of a team that couldn't dominate a game against 9 men, and had to rely on an own goal to crawl over the line.

They'll know that had it remained 11 vs. 11, the likely outcome was a comfortable Liverpool win. The media hyped it as a clash between two even teams, but the manner in which it played out suggests that Spurs are a far inferior team to us at present.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: October 1, 2023, 10:26:26 am »
Happy with the win? We're a little bit annoyed to be honest :P

Haha, it's coming across  ;D But yeah, I was delighted with the win. Obviously its been quite a long time since we beat you - Klopps first game or something wasnt it? I'd have rather we'd done it without there being any controversy around it though!

Was very impressed with how you played even with 9 men though. We'd definitely run out of ideas the last 20 minutes. As soon as Son went off I thought we struggled. Everything was far too slow and predictable. Where we fall down is our options from the bench unfortunately.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #426 on: October 1, 2023, 10:29:03 am »
Haha, it's coming across  ;D But yeah, I was delighted with the win. Obviously its been quite a long time since we beat you - Klopps first game or something wasnt it? I'd have rather we'd done it without there being any controversy around it though!

Was very impressed with how you played even with 9 men though. We'd definitely run out of ideas the last 20 minutes. As soon as Son went off I thought we struggled. Everything was far too slow and predictable. Where we fall down is our options from the bench unfortunately.

That Son sub was a bit of a questionable one for me, as he was always dangerous for us. I thought when we went down to ten men then nine, we had a really good shape and also Klopp made the subs at the right time. He made our defensive line really narrow which is why I was surprised you were not trying to move us around a bit more?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: October 1, 2023, 10:30:07 am »
I'm baffled that they had the audacity to celebrate in the manner that they did. If I was a Spurs player, I'd secretly be embarrassed that I was part of a team that couldn't dominate a game against 9 men, and had to rely on an own goal to crawl over the line.

They'll know that had it remained 11 vs. 11, the likely outcome was a comfortable Liverpool win. The media hyped it as a clash between two even teams, but the manner in which it played out suggests that Spurs are a far inferior team to us at present.

I don't understand when it became unfashionable to be able to celebrate a last minute goal. We celebrated exactly the same when we scored the last minute goal against Sheffield Utd.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: October 1, 2023, 10:32:44 am »
That Son sub was a bit of a questionable one for me, as he was always dangerous for us. I thought when we went down to ten men then nine, we had a really good shape and also Klopp made the subs at the right time. He made our defensive line really narrow which is why I was surprised you were not trying to move us around a bit more?

Son and Maddison had both been carrying knocks I believe. I think Friday was the first time they'd trained that week so I guess neither were able to do the full 90 minutes.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: October 1, 2023, 10:34:52 am »

Yeah, but it took a fake offside and two sendings off with a last minute own goal. The most Spurs of wins.   ;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #430 on: October 1, 2023, 10:36:41 am »
What's with that redskins drone ?

And don't get me started on the c*nt with the trumpet.
He was micced up and playing for the camera, what a dickhead.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: October 1, 2023, 10:41:20 am »

Yesterday was a bit of a freak game with the way it panned out but it was the best I can remember us playing (for various reasons) for a while.

For you, yeah, maybe your squad is thin but you still have the Kane money don't you? Reckon another forward in January?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: October 1, 2023, 10:42:16 am »
Son and Maddison had both been carrying knocks I believe. I think Friday was the first time they'd trained that week so I guess neither were able to do the full 90 minutes.
They work well together and you have enough for a top 4 place with one game a week. I feel you're missing something to challenge though.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #433 on: October 1, 2023, 10:45:39 am »
Spurs were decent, its nit their fault the officials were inept

But they didn't impress me massively,  seemed to run out of ideas and got lucky with matip scoring for them.
They'll do well when being able to counter teams and rely on son heavily...

Think they'll be top 5 tho
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #434 on: October 1, 2023, 10:47:41 am »
They are decent and look capable of a top 4 finish but I still think it’s between us, city and Arsenal with an outside shot this year. I think that’s your top 4 personally

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #435 on: October 1, 2023, 10:49:06 am »

Understandable then.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: October 1, 2023, 10:49:12 am »
They work well together and you have enough for a top 4 place with one game a week. I feel you're missing something to challenge though.

Na, I totally agree. I think it's pie in the sky to talk about challenging for the title. I'd like to think we'll be in the mix for top 4 though. Its just nice to have a team thats trying to win games again to be honest. We've been starved of any kind of entertainment the last 3 or 4 years which is why we're all enjoying it so much at the moment

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: October 1, 2023, 10:52:15 am »
For you, yeah, maybe your squad is thin but you still have the Kane money don't you? Reckon another forward in January?

To be honest I think everyone at the club knew Kane was off so most of the signings we made prior to him leaving had that in mind. So wouldn't be surprised if there's not much of that money left. We definitely do need another forward though. And probably another CB.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: October 1, 2023, 10:53:02 am »

You didn’t beat us.
Referees did.

You were just along for the ride.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: October 1, 2023, 10:59:34 am »
I've always hated them more than Arsenal, horrible entitled fanbase with delusions of the grandeur, they've done absolutely nothing for 40 years.