Author Topic: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges  (Read 370317 times)

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards - 115 Charges - Nothing To See Here
« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2023, 03:57:20 pm »
If City get away with this then that's just given them permission to do whatever the fuck they want to. This would be extremely damaging to the PL.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2023, 04:02:41 pm »
If City get away with this then that's just given them permission to do whatever the fuck they want to. This would be extremely damaging to the PL.
How can the PL get any more damaged than it already is?

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2023, 04:07:51 pm »

I get your point. However there has been some hope that City get nailed.

But now. Big PR stunt to get City off. We're told no more investigations. time to get on with the Football. Then they let the Qatari's buy Manchester Utd.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2023, 04:12:38 pm »
Manchester City’s Premier League charges discussed by UK government and Abu Dhabi - The Athletic

Might be the least surprising news I've heard. Between this and the Saudi takeover, it's clear that the UK government tells the PL what to do.
This tells me that they are guilty and they're crying home to big brother to avoid the consequences of their actions.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2023, 04:25:33 pm »
They know they're guilty, we know they're guilty. Christ they could have gotten a independent panel of Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli to look at the written evidence and they'd have come back with a verdict of "you're fucked".

Won't matter though. Money talks at government levels so the premier league will get some concessions about work permit and tax breaks or something and it'll get swept away.  The irony is of it was the FA, FIFA/UEFA would be allowed to ban the England team from competing at international level and all clubs from europe for political interference (which would absolutely cause a reaction from the media and fans) but cause the premier league is a private company, don't think that can happen.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2023, 04:31:29 pm »
Reform the football league, fuck these cheating c*nts off along with the Saudis and Chelsea, the mancs can fuck off with them as well if they want the Qataris

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2023, 04:36:53 pm »
This tells me that they are guilty and they're crying home to big brother to avoid the consequences of their actions.

Totally agree. This is a diplomatic overture to smooth things over before an announcement and see what they can get away with charging them with.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2023, 04:37:44 pm »
Reform the football league, fuck these cheating c*nts off along with the Saudis and Chelsea, the mancs can fuck off with them as well if they want the Qataris
Exactly. There is no prospect of a competitive sport when despotic nation states are owning clubs. None whatsoever.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2023, 04:52:01 pm »

What is odd is the PL didn’t waste anytime in relegating Swindon for dodgy finances in the 90s.

You then look in the FL and you se Derby Southend Birmingham Wigan all docked points immediately.

I think City will get away with it and when it is confirmed that is me done.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2023, 05:02:29 pm »
It really does beggar belief that Abu Dhabi are just going to throw their toys out of the pram, at an international and governmental level, every time they don't get their own way when it comes to a shitty football club in the north west. This is honestly mind blowing. I mean, what are they going to do if the UK government tells them where to stick it?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2023, 05:05:19 pm »
It really does beggar belief that Abu Dhabi are just going to throw their toys out of the pram, at an international and governmental level, every time they don't get their own way when it comes to a shitty football club in the north west. This is honestly mind blowing. I mean, what are they going to do if the UK government tells them where to stick it?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2023, 05:11:17 pm »
Manchester City’s Premier League charges discussed by UK government and Abu Dhabi - The Athletic

Might be the least surprising news I've heard. Between this and the Saudi takeover, it's clear that the UK government tells the PL what to do.

You would think fifa would sanction the FA if they allowed political influences to affect their decision.  But fifa are in the back pocket too.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2023, 05:20:54 pm »
So the PL title isn’t decided by the number of points a team gets, but by how many tanks, guns, rockets and cattle prods you buy from the British government approved arms companies
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #373 on: September 22, 2023, 05:53:17 pm »

Well, yeah, I'm a pessimist on this one.
Obviously not certain, but pretty sure it will fizzle out in a way that does not resolve the underlying issue or deliver a proper punishment.
Four years and 115 charges doesn't really mean much - it's certainly no evidence in itself of a thourough and well done job and a solid foundation to nail them.

One thing is definitely certain, it will drag on for years, both the ongoing process and the inevitable appeal.
During this time - their profile will grow, making them even more untouchable.
It means everything.

It means they spent almost half a decade gathering enough information to issue an unprecedented amount of charges to any team in the history of sport.

The evidence is in the emails, calls, documents, accounts, fake companies, and industrial scale money laundering operation they've been running. Ever since a struggling multinational airline decided to invest millions in the 2nd best team in Manchester that had absolutely no global marketing reach.

The lack of news on the case is normal, and not a sign of nothing happening, or of it being potentially swept under the carpet. City's lawyers will delay and distract as long as they can, but this isn't like the UEFA/CAS situation. There are far more breaches, much more evidence, plus multiple charges that relate to lack of co-operation with the investigation. The period 2018 to 2022 hasn't even been investigated fully yet, as City are refusing the PL access to information. It wouldn't surpise me if there's plenty more revelations to come from Der Speigel and other outlets, hackers, whistle-blowers or leaks. In such a massive corrupt enterprise over such a long period, it's almost inevitable.

City know they're guilty, we know they're guilty, and the PL know they're guilty. It's just a matter of time now, and I highly doubt the PL would've commited so much time and money to such a lengthy investigation and then publicly declared 115 charges, only to then let them off with a mild punishment.

City's cheating has affected the outcome of hundreds of individual games, plus outcomes of league titles, cup competitions, relegation battles, and Champions league qualification. The number of people in high places queuing up to bring them down has also been growing ever since the CAS farce. Heads of other European leagues despise them - especially La Liga and Serie A, who have punished their own clubs strongly and swiftly for far less. Imagine how much more they're hated after winning the CL. I wouldn't underestimate how much influence other European leagues will try and put on this case - now that they see City as a more credible threat in European competition.

I accept some people's pessimism given the way the footballing landscape has evolved, but I think there's way too much at stake for the PL, it's clubs, and the reputation of European football for cheating of this magnitude to not be severely punished.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 06:00:37 pm by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2023, 06:14:47 pm »
Manchester City have reiterated many times that they are not state-owned or funded. The club’s owner, Sheikh Mansour, is the vice president and deputy prime minister of the UAE His half brother, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, is the president of the UAE.

I have probably spent enough time today stewing over these c*nts and my head hurts. But can someone please explain how they get away with proclaiming they are not state owned when the above is the case?. I know they have the City group smoke and mirrors crap, but the above is still the case. sigh.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 06:17:18 pm by red1977 »

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2023, 06:16:56 pm »
I get your point. However there has been some hope that City get nailed.

But now. Big PR stunt to get City off. We're told no more investigations. time to get on with the Football. Then they let the Qatari's buy Manchester Utd.

You are living in lala land if you think City where ever getting nailed. Football has long ceased being a sport for many years now.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2023, 06:23:44 pm »
You are living in lala land if you think City where ever getting nailed. Football has long ceased being a sport for many years now.

Yeah Probably, I have seen it the way Keyop sees it above for a long time and thought that in the end they would have no where else to go, that the evidence wins out against the non co-operation. The government stepping in is their way out and I didn't really contemplate that it would end that way. La la land indeed it seems.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2023, 06:29:25 pm »
It means everything.

It means they spent almost half a decade gathering enough information to issue an unprecedented amount of charges to any team in the history of sport.
 <snipped>
City know they're guilty, we know they're guilty, and the PL know they're guilty. It's just a matter of time now, and I highly doubt the PL would've commited so much time and money to such a lengthy investigation and then publicly declared 115 charges, only to then let them off with a mild punishment.
 <snipped>
I accept some people's pessimism given the way the footballing landscape has evolved, but I think there's way too much at stake for the PL, it's clubs, and the reputation of European football for cheating of this magnitude to not be severely punished.
Agree with everything, just snipped for focus.

I don't believe the PL would have gone this far just to sweep it under the rug. It would have been easier, were that the intention, not to have an investigation at all. Bringing charges publicly only makes just giving Man City a slap on the wrist even more unlikely.

As for British Government pressure, well, it's only the current government. Everyone knows they are not long for this world. Tory MPs are leaving them in droves; declingin to stand in the next election. They can see the writing's on the wall. In time, I hope, that these last three PMs will be proved to have presided over the most venal, corrupt governments in our history. If you are part of the commission, are you really going to hitch your professional integrity to this rancid, Tory sinking ship? I doubt it.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: September 22, 2023, 06:29:58 pm »
If a group of clubs say ourselves, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham etc... gave an ultimatum to the league to ban City by the seasons end  or we'd walk away and set up our own league i wonder if it would move them into action. Something drastic has to be enacted pronto because the game is being destroyed and the league don't seem to care.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: September 22, 2023, 06:30:54 pm »
If a group of clubs say ourselves, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham etc... gave an ultimatum to the league to ban City by the seasons end  or we'd walk away and set up our own league i wonder if it would move them into action. Something drastic has to be enacted pronto because the game is being destroyed and the league don't seem to care.
If they get off, FFP should be scraped. Also, we'd have a good cause to argue that we should be generating more TV revenue.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: September 22, 2023, 06:35:53 pm »
If they get off, FFP should be scraped. Also, we'd have a good cause to argue that we should be generating more TV revenue.

Just scrapping FFP won't be enough. It doesn't matter how much we can generate from TV revenue City's owners have bottomless pockets.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: September 22, 2023, 06:39:11 pm »
In the Sky article I posted earlier to implied that the other "big six" clubs - Us, Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham and (sadly) Chelsea have been putting pressure to push this investigation through.

Someone earlier said that Man City were the "jewel in the crown" for the PL as treble winners. They're not. And won't be in our lifetimes. It's Us, Man United and Arsenal. And collectively we have far more clout in tradition and supporters (money) than Man City can only dream of.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: September 22, 2023, 06:41:19 pm »
Just scrapping FFP won't be enough. It doesn't matter how much we can generate from TV revenue City's owners have bottomless pockets.
Allowing us to sell our matches ourselves would maximize our revenue streams. If City get off lightly, then just scrap the Financial "Fairplay " rules and I'd class TV revenue distribution within that.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: September 22, 2023, 06:44:25 pm »
In the Sky article I posted earlier to implied that the other "big six" clubs - Us, Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham and (sadly) Chelsea have been putting pressure to push this investigation through.

Someone earlier said that Man City were the "jewel in the crown" for the PL as treble winners. They're not. And won't be in our lifetimes. It's Us, Man United and Arsenal. And collectively we have far more clout in tradition and supporters (money) than Man City can only dream of.
Chelsea lol

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: September 22, 2023, 06:46:18 pm »
This is the only real option left if the football authorities are effectively overridden by the Govt. Not that I trust the football authorities to act in the right way anyway.
The only thing City can’t buy is opposition to play against  Until a big enough group of clubs refuse to play them, nothing can be done. The issue is relying on rival clubs joining forces. It’s classic divide and conquer.
Fuck me, if you told club owners and players as recently as the 80s let alone the late 1890s and beyond, what the game would become, they’d think you were mad.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #385 on: September 22, 2023, 07:23:28 pm »
As for British Government pressure, well, it's only the current government. Everyone knows they are not long for this world. Tory MPs are leaving them in droves; declingin to stand in the next election. They can see the writing's on the wall. In time, I hope, that these last three PMs will be proved to have presided over the most venal, corrupt governments in our history. If you are part of the commission, are you really going to hitch your professional integrity to this rancid, Tory sinking ship? I doubt it.

This isn't party politics, though, it's "national interest". No party is going to ditch the special relationship with Saudi Arabia or the Emirates. Besides, we all know who was in power when Abramovich bought Chelsea and the oligarchs took over half of London.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: September 22, 2023, 07:24:41 pm »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: September 22, 2023, 07:31:10 pm »
If there are enough foreign owners of PL clubs, they won't give a f*ck about UK-UAE relations.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2023, 07:43:55 pm »
"Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that!" , City fans to Red Star Belgrade fans the other night. The Red Star Belgrade who won it in 91.

Twaygats.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: September 22, 2023, 08:03:05 pm »
That Red Star team of the late 80s/early 90's would beat Abu Dhabi.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: September 22, 2023, 08:07:18 pm »
Some team that all the same.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: September 22, 2023, 08:52:40 pm »
The vids on YouTube are sound. Incredible noise.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: September 22, 2023, 09:21:39 pm »
Red Star's European Cup winning starting XI.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #393 on: September 22, 2023, 10:09:20 pm »
Red Star's European Cup winning starting XI.

You need to put them all in their half if you want to replicate how they played in the final the big fucking dullards.

Hi Peter!

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: September 22, 2023, 10:10:38 pm »

By allowing it to happen openly without punishment. If City get away with it then the likes of Newcastles spend goes up tendfold as they'll know they cant be touched.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2023, 10:27:43 pm »
"Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that!" , City fans to Red Star Belgrade fans the other night. The Red Star Belgrade who won it in 91.

Twaygats.

If ever one moment encapsulates City as a club it's exactly that chant.

Small time dickheads.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #396 on: September 22, 2023, 10:40:43 pm »
By allowing it to happen openly without punishment. If City get away with it then the likes of Newcastles spend goes up tendfold as they'll know they cant be touched.
We might as well let the Triads, the Yakuza, Mafia etc... into the league and buy whoever they want- OPENLY.
Hell, MS13 could just buy United then!

Throw in other dubious governments and it's a free-for-all.

Once a precedent has been set, it's open season. Good luck shutting down any of these guys, cause they'll have the world's best legal teams behind them.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 10:44:44 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2023, 11:22:05 pm »
Running to their government mates because they couldn't handle being punished for their wrongdoings just sums them up really. Vile club, worse than United and Everton. Not a single football fan would miss them if they disappeared tomorrow.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2023, 11:38:44 pm »
You need to put them all in their half if you want to replicate how they played in the final the big fucking dullards.

Hi Peter!

:D

Mac would've seen them before they hit it big.  I'm thinking mid 80's when they were comnig through.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #399 on: September 23, 2023, 12:51:29 am »
If ever one moment encapsulates City as a club it's exactly that chant.

Small time dickheads.

To be fair, a majority of current Man City 'fans' probably have zero knowledge of their own club's history or, ahem, success before 2008, so can't expect them to be aware of other clubs on top of that.

I see Guardiola did his usual stunt of not fielding a full bench against West Ham to emphasise their 'injury crisis'. Poor guy, only had a first XI worth almost half a billion, another £130m or so of players on the bench, and a state-of-the-art youth academy to try and fill the gaps with.