Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1309871 times)

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #4920 on: January 13, 2020, 10:18:49 pm »
I've waited 30 years for that moment. I try to picture what it's going to be like at the moment if it happens.

Fucking hell.

That's kind of how I am.

I currently spend most of my time hoping that we don't somehow blow it. And then finally when we have won the league with about 9 games still to play, it will be relief but also a massive anti climax. It's strange that I can never really enjoy things in the moment - it's either feelings of dread and how it can go wrong or relief that it didn't go wrong. Only a small bit of enjoyment for a small moment.
Is there a doctor in the house?
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4921 on: January 13, 2020, 10:36:19 pm »
That's the first time I've seen anyone describe the next game as 'like a cup final'. I am not in that place at all.
Its a stonewall statement in a statement of two halves, trying too hard and he posted it too well, with two good feet for a big guy thats the magic of the post for you. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4922 on: January 13, 2020, 10:52:39 pm »
Get in!

Have we got time to stop for a shit?

No, bring a bag with you and pass it on.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4923 on: January 13, 2020, 10:52:45 pm »
That's the first time I've seen anyone describe the next game as 'like a cup final'. I am not in that place at all.

Depends if they're talking about Man City vs Watford.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4924 on: January 13, 2020, 10:53:54 pm »
Get in!

Do you need a toilet, or can you go on the hard shoulder?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #4925 on: January 13, 2020, 10:56:44 pm »
I've waited 30 years for that moment. I try to picture what it's going to be like at the moment if it happens.

Fucking hell.

This. I’m just hoping I don’t die before we win it (nothing imminent, so far as I’m aware, but you never know).

If I do pop my clogs, what do you reckon to my chances of getting it overturned by VAR?

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4926 on: January 13, 2020, 10:58:34 pm »
If we don’t win the title this year, we’re never going to win one, Ever.

It’s over folks. The wait is over. We’re `the champions of England. we just have to wait a few more months for the trophy  :wave

We are playing like champions as well

Offline diglet

• Main Stander
« Reply #4927 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:50 pm »
I’m glad you said “weirdly” because in a weird thread full of weirdness, THAT is the weirdest comment so far.

(I assume you were kidding, so will let you off) :D

;D

Fuck it, I’ll just get a flight back if it happens, I’m sure the wife will understand...eventually.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #4928 on: January 13, 2020, 11:41:02 pm »
Just for clarity, that's not how the 'one game at a time' mindset works.

It's like mindfulness. You focus on the only time you (as fans, players, managers etc) have any influence over: The present.

You don't agonise over what happened in the past or rest on the laurels earned in the past, and you don't stress over or become complacent over the future. The former is gone, the latter is yet to be made. You just concentrate on and enjoy the moment for what it is.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. And that’s not saying much!
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4929 on: January 13, 2020, 11:51:22 pm »
:)

E1 to D3 and it's game over

Sure it's not white to play?

Kg2 still a valid move.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4930 on: January 13, 2020, 11:57:05 pm »
Kg2 still a valid move.

So is Kh2, although BxA1 is much better
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:58:46 pm by Chakan »

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
« Reply #4931 on: January 14, 2020, 12:04:55 am »
I have fantasized about one thing.

What will be my drinking strategy if we do win it?

There’s got to be some element of pacing myself.
I can’t go all out “get bladdered”.
I’ve outgrown that one.

1990 I passed out while working in a brewery on that Saturday night we won it.

I’m thinking a more mature, sipping a fine whiskey kind of strategy
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4932 on: January 14, 2020, 12:17:53 am »
Guys I wouldn't even worry if they do happen to lose a game. Such is the mentality of this bunch of players, they'd just bounce straight back and go on another long unbeaten run. Of that I'm convinced. They're relentless and a lot of that's down to their mentality.
I think that's a very good point, we showed that after the draw with United, bounced back and now won, what is it 12 on the bounce since then?

If we do lose or even draw a game we'll have to put up with the shit in the media about the title race being back on blah blah but the boys and the manager will get right back into gear and carry on regardless.

Through hard work we've got to where we are and there's no way we'll relent from here on in
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4933 on: January 14, 2020, 12:42:35 am »
Get in!

Yes, all over Ole this weekend.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #4934 on: January 14, 2020, 12:42:46 am »
If we're doing crossover sports analogies then here's my offering from the 2019 title game between
Guardiola (white) v Klopp (black).

Black to play

E2-E4. Manuel Gottsching. Just listen to that on rotation until we are crowned. It will make everyone's lives so much more relaxed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0HyevZpQg
We are Liverpool!

Offline Lotus Eater

• Kopite
« Reply #4935 on: January 14, 2020, 01:02:36 am »
Carrying on the analogies... if this was Texas Hold’em

We’re holding pocket Aces

They’re holding KJ

The Flop is: AT2

Turn is a 6

They need a Q on the river

Or, is it even worse than that for them?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4936 on: January 14, 2020, 03:54:24 am »
That's kind of how I am.

I currently spend most of my time hoping that we don't somehow blow it. And then finally when we have won the league with about 9 games still to play, it will be relief but also a massive anti climax. It's strange that I can never really enjoy things in the moment - it's either feelings of dread and how it can go wrong or relief that it didn't go wrong. Only a small bit of enjoyment for a small moment.
Is there a doctor in the house?

I'm enjoying every minute of every press conference,every match,every post match presser and every damn interview I can find.

We're the best team in the world & I can honestly say that I cannot think of any player I would swap for one of our lads,we have a side full of worldies,several of whom are the best on the planet in their positions ,at least 8 of them imo & when everyone comes back from injuries our bench is one of the best on the planet as well.

A wonderful time to be alive.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4937 on: January 14, 2020, 06:13:57 am »
If we're doing crossover sports analogies then here's my offering from the 2019 title game between
Guardiola (white) v Klopp (black).

Black to play

Qxe5.

What do you have Guardiola? You are crushed.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4938 on: January 14, 2020, 06:36:45 am »
Personally, I don't think the team and Klopp share the same mentality that we do. Klopp has said before that he doesn't think about trophies, because if he did, he would not be where he is. He - and the squad he built, believes in winning every match- that's all.

For those who are sweating and counting the days, weeks and months before the end of the campaign. Those who are counting the wins and draws needed.. I think you can relax. I think we can all agree that the "danger" in a fixed goal is that you can get into the mindset of doing just enough to get to the goal, which could mean that performances could even drop just before attaining it, because of trepidation/fear and the like. Once you reach that goal- the next "danger" is that your attitude changes a bit- you have now reached that goal so what now?

As a team, we have a goal beyond winning trophies now. Our goal is to win every match. A small and humble goal/objective, but a philosophy that Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, Kenny believed in, and that Klopp and Ljinders has brought to remembrance for our club. Doing the small things well and winning every small battle- like wanting my floor to be cleaner than yours; or as Ljinders put it- taking it session-by-session.

Relax and enjoy it. Klopp has got this.

So yes, I don't want us to win the league- no! I want us to win every game!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 06:56:21 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #4939 on: January 14, 2020, 07:15:29 am »
Of course it's different for klopp and the team.

Maybe you should try the blue pill next time, or maybe skip the pills altogether.
Why was my post deleted?

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4940 on: January 14, 2020, 07:18:35 am »
Carrying on the analogies... if this was Texas Hold’em

We’re holding pocket Aces

They’re holding KJ

The Flop is: AT2

Turn is a 6

They need a Q on the river

Or, is it even worse than that for them?

Worse. I'd say they need a one-outer - that's closer to the odds the bookies are offering.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #4941 on: January 14, 2020, 07:33:01 am »
All those that think it is won, can you tell me what time and where we are meeting at to start the party?
Much better if we can all celebrate together and that will only happen the second that we cannot be caught, THAT will be the start of the biggest knees up Liverpool has seen . No doubt whatsoever that this will happen but am keeping calm until it is a bit nearer to being done.
My one hope is that we win it when we are playing at Anfield, rather than  being in the house watching TV when city lose a game making catching us impossible , that would spoil the collective spontaneity of the celebrations (a little).

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4942 on: January 14, 2020, 07:44:43 am »
Kg2 still a valid move.

The only valid move in this position is resignation (though that should have come earlier). You don't get to resign in football of course.

if Kg2 after Nxe3 white would  face f8=Q+ (f pawn moves forward to become queen). The best thing to do here I think is 1. Bxd3 Bxa1 2. f8=Q+ Kh2 3. Qg2 mate

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4943 on: January 14, 2020, 07:51:32 am »
That's absolutely not what's happening though for a lot of people.

It's evident on here, other forums, other social outlets. People are getting so wound up about the next fixture that it becomes a cup final every time and that's not really the reality of the situation.

Either way, I'm calm. It's just interesting to see how others deal with this kind of situation.

You can still enjoy a season by just taking one game at a time though. I don't get this obsession with trying to work out when we'll win it, just let the season unroll naturally and make the most of it, as it doesn't get much better than this.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #4944 on: January 14, 2020, 08:06:16 am »
Monday 5th May 2014. Probably the most desperate, gut wrenching, empty, horrified I've ever felt after watching a football match. Never mind getting beat in finals, our collapse against Crystal Palace on a Monday night, seeing Suarez inconsolable at the final whistle, that pretty much nearly destroyed me.

I am frightened of history repeating itself, I really don't want to endure those feelings again, so until its either mathematically impossible for us to be caught, I cant truly believe because I am simply too scared to.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4945 on: January 14, 2020, 08:06:47 am »
Personally, I don't think the team and Klopp share the same mentality that we do. Klopp has said before that he doesn't think about trophies, because if he did, he would not be where he is. He - and the squad he built, believes in winning every match- that's all.

For those who are sweating and counting the days, weeks and months before the end of the campaign. Those who are counting the wins and draws needed.. I think you can relax. I think we can all agree that the "danger" in a fixed goal is that you can get into the mindset of doing just enough to get to the goal, which could mean that performances could even drop just before attaining it, because of trepidation/fear and the like. Once you reach that goal- the next "danger" is that your attitude changes a bit- you have now reached that goal so what now?

As a team, we have a goal beyond winning trophies now. Our goal is to win every match. A small and humble goal/objective, but a philosophy that Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, Kenny believed in, and that Klopp and Ljinders has brought to remembrance for our club. Doing the small things well and winning every small battle- like wanting my floor to be cleaner than yours; or as Ljinders put it- taking it session-by-session.

Relax and enjoy it. Klopp has got this.

So yes, I don't want us to win the league- no! I want us to win every game!
He may even be instilling the idea that it's not every game he wants to win. Every throw in , every corner , every chase to a fifty fifty ball.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4946 on: January 14, 2020, 08:23:55 am »
Monday 5th May 2014. Probably the most desperate, gut wrenching, empty, horrified I've ever felt after watching a football match. Never mind getting beat in finals, our collapse against Crystal Palace on a Monday night, seeing Suarez inconsolable at the final whistle, that pretty much nearly destroyed me.

Title was gone after the Chelsea game. We were never gonna overtake them on GD. Palace game was meaningless. We just would've finished 2nd on GD instead of on points if we'd beaten them.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #4947 on: January 14, 2020, 08:30:22 am »
Title was gone after the Chelsea game. We were never gonna overtake them on GD. Palace game was meaningless. We just would've finished 2nd on GD instead of on points if we'd beaten them.

It's surprising how many times this has to be pointed out. Some Palace fans in particular seem to think it cost us the Title. It was a great late comeback for them, but ultimately meant fuck all to us in the long term.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4948 on: January 14, 2020, 08:40:50 am »
It's surprising how many times this has to be pointed out. Some Palace fans in particular seem to think it cost us the Title. It was a great late comeback for them, but ultimately meant fuck all to us in the long term.

All we needed was a draw against Chelsea , we knew how they would play we should have cancelled them out .
Brendan’s inexperience cost
Us

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #4949 on: January 14, 2020, 08:44:32 am »

We were wide open at 3-0 (against Palace) because we were trying to claw back the GD. The title was lost in the Chelsea game.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4950 on: January 14, 2020, 08:51:25 am »
It still hurt though, you can’t say you watched that Palace game and just shrugged it off at full time.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #4951 on: January 14, 2020, 08:54:33 am »
It’ll be ineresting to see how we handle the first match when the title is in our hands to grasp. I’m expecting a lot of histerics and expectations of a slip up from the media - only for the boys in red to show no nerves and simply do the business.

Similar to the CL final then.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4952 on: January 14, 2020, 08:55:00 am »
Why I'm happy and not feeling fear:

This team is already legendary for winning the CL and the Club World Cup.
I think especially the CL added the missing ingredient of true unshakable champion's belief, unlocking full potential.
With a squad and manager I think absolutely fit what our club should be and no dark clouds whatsoever.
My old man saw Shankly and Paisley's teams and makes flattering comparisons.
Momentum is meaningful when it means the maths works out.

So every time our boys go out, I'm happy. There's a huge element of, I am watching history being made - I'm not spending that hiding behind the couch!

All the ingredients are there to enjoy for what it is, right now. No, you don't have to take every win as "a sign", but even if you enjoy each game for what it is, it's still possibly the best time to support this club in many of our lifetimes(!)

I get it, like. You walk through a storm so long, the golden sky just being a mirage would kill you.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4953 on: January 14, 2020, 08:56:42 am »
It still hurt though, you can’t say you watched that Palace game and just shrugged it off at full time.

I didn't even watch it. I was just done with the season after the Chelsea game.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #4954 on: January 14, 2020, 08:58:43 am »
Yeah, the Chelsea match was the one that made me cry. The Palace match was just fucking irritating. I was in a very bad spot in my life back then which didn't help, things are much better now.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #4955 on: January 14, 2020, 08:59:36 am »
I have fantasized about one thing.

What will be my drinking strategy if we do win it?

There’s got to be some element of pacing myself.
I can’t go all out “get bladdered”.
I’ve outgrown that one.

1990 I passed out while working in a brewery on that Saturday night we won it.

I’m thinking a more mature, sipping a fine whiskey kind of strategy
We've all had this chat ourselves. I was too young the last time we won it so when it happens the moment has to be enjoyed and I want to be able to look back on it and remember so I can say 'I was there'.

I'm anticipating a good meal beforehand (plenty of bread), a couple of pints before the game, watch us win the title and go all out.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4956 on: January 14, 2020, 09:04:02 am »
we're playing chess on this thread now :lmao

love it

Compare that to page 125 of last season's thread. It's a beautiful thing lads and lasses

I'm the sort of fan that loves to do the maths and predictions etc. which is why I love the work done on the APLT and Results comparison threads...and appreciate the stuff the guys have done on there. But find myself spending less time on those threads even

Never a one game at a time person me....always looking ahead, especially after setbacks. Although am fully onboard with the players/manager (i.e those who have influence on our results) taking that mentality because look what it's done.

Think of the remainder of this season however you want to, nobody has to be told how to think of it all....its great. And I love reading all the different perspectives at the moment, the hilarity of those wanting us to fail spinning their heads round too, and when the match is on. Well...
What a set of lads we have, this team is a template of how to setup a winning team in the face of a behemoth. Shit you can take so many things from this as positives to apply in your own life. I know I will.
We never gave up.
Now look at us

Getting closer now
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4957 on: January 14, 2020, 09:07:54 am »
Yeah, the Chelsea match was the one that made me cry. The Palace match was just fucking irritating. I was in a very bad spot in my life back then which didn't help, things are much better now.

I'm the complete opposite of where I am in terms of my life back then and now.

But agree in terms of the Chelsea/Palace match. One was irritating but the former was brutal and hurt for a very long time.
I loved what Stevie said on his recent chat with Carra.....watching us lift the CL last season made him happy just knowing that we are smiling again. Fucking hell what a great attitude to have.

He'll be beaming in May
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4958 on: January 14, 2020, 09:08:31 am »
Me birthday's two weeks into April and you can all guess what I want for it  ;D

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4959 on: January 14, 2020, 09:11:09 am »
Bloody close!

[marathon map]

Liverpool are Paula Radcliffe in 2003.  Went off and put a massive distance between the rest of the competition.  Everyone was saying they'd claw back the gap, but instead she went even faster and the gap grew until crossed the line and broke the record :)

Love that. It shows we are literally miles ahead of the competition this season.  ;D

I presume the finish line is based on a 'perfect' season, ie 114 points? In which case, the actual finish line for us will probably be somewhere around London Bridge at a guess, but we'll just keep on running anyway and finally come to a stop outside the Houses of Parliament.

Though Klopp and Henderson will have to carry on all the way to the Palace to pick up their knighthoods.

And Milner will just keep running anyway for the fun of it.