Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara  (Read 806047 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Reply #560 on: September 22, 2020, 12:53:14 pm »
This is what I took from Sunday to be honest, If he doesnt need to take a touch he wont, hel just give it. I do think hell be be better suited to a
4-2-3-1 than a 4-3-3  but Im sure he will adapt. Klopp spoke about that he needs time to get used of our defensive set up which isnt a surprise.

He's played in both systems during his time at Bayern and Barca. he can play as an 8 and a 10 push comes to shove, but either as a 6 or 8 he's excellent.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #561 on: September 22, 2020, 01:06:00 pm »
Mate, he walked on after 1 session and within 5 mins was hitting 60 yard no lookers to Robbo's shoelaces.

2 weeks of training I'm expecting to split the ball through time-space to hit both our advancing full backs at the same time in some kind of Space Jam pincer movement.
Hiro Nakamura esque?

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: September 22, 2020, 01:30:55 pm »
He looked like he'd played in this team and under this manager for years. Very much looking forward to what he can contribute to this team.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: September 22, 2020, 04:19:46 pm »
Kloppo was so excited about signing him, he really couldn't contain his laughted and keep a straight face a week before when he was asked about him in the presser. :D

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #564 on: September 22, 2020, 04:42:40 pm »
ِAlcantara debut vs chelsea
finally great passing skills at our midfielders  ;D

http://youtu.be/tGI02p3TdGw

thanks for this.
Great player just starting out.
A few times he was trying to be a bit clever and gave the ball away on one of those occasions.

I was surprised at his athleticism, jumping for headers and speed over short distance.

I love the way he is looking for those incisive forward passes and I think our attackers and midfielders are going to love playing with him.

I say it again here - I think he is made up for our deep DCm role or one of the two in midfield 2. Fabinho may have his place in starting line up under threat. Fabinho maybe our 2nd best CB so I am all for Fab to play RCB for the bigger games and Joe to play in rotation role at CB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: September 22, 2020, 04:51:39 pm »
He can play as an 8 just as well as a 6.

I can't wait to see Fabinho Thiago and Keita at least once :D

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #566 on: September 22, 2020, 04:52:21 pm »
He can play as an 8 just as well as a 6.

I can't wait to see Fabinho Thiago and Keita at least once :D

Yeah I'm really wanting to see that, could be immense.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: September 22, 2020, 04:52:54 pm »
He can even play as a legit #10.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #568 on: September 22, 2020, 04:57:19 pm »
He can even play as a legit #10.

Feel like he would receive less of the ball to circulate from there. I don't doubt that he can play it, but I think he might be more effective a bit deeper.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #569 on: September 22, 2020, 05:04:32 pm »
A few times he was trying to be a bit clever and gave the ball away on one of those occasions.

I hope he continues trying to be a bit clever. It would be awful if he started to restrict himself to the obvious stuff.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: September 22, 2020, 05:13:04 pm »
I hope he continues trying to be a bit clever. It would be awful if he started to restrict himself to the obvious stuff.

Garcia used to get shit for trying clever stuff, I loved it as I want to see players trying special things. Luckily Klopp loves to see them try stuff too.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: September 22, 2020, 05:31:43 pm »

Yep. He was looking to play forward whenever possible and pinging out passes so comfortably, with one touch, that would be difficult for other players with several touches.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #572 on: September 22, 2020, 05:53:32 pm »
Garcia used to get shit for trying clever stuff, I loved it as I want to see players trying special things. Luckily Klopp loves to see them try stuff too.
I like players who try to mix it a bit. Garcia has the ideas but lost the ball too much in the middle of the park and I think that was what infuriated Benitez. Luckily Thiago isn’t like that.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: September 22, 2020, 06:23:07 pm »
We are getting a world class player in his prime years.

How far we've come.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: September 22, 2020, 06:47:58 pm »
Best goalie in the world, best CB in the world, best front 3 in the world and now the best CM in the world,. I cannot believe he plays for us. He's like silk in the middle of the pitch. He moves the ball so quickly it's going to make us even more impossible to play against. Imagine how knackered teams are going to be as we move them side to side at the speed Thiago is going to be able to facilitate AND whilst having to watch for his vertical passing. Can't wait to watch Ox (who will really benefit I suspect), Keita and Firmino begin to get fed down the middle of the pitch thanks to Thiago's progressive passing. And can't wait to see what Trent and Robo will do with the extra time and space they're given by Thiago's speed in the middle. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 06:51:38 pm by Knight »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: September 22, 2020, 06:49:52 pm »
Best goalie in the world, best CB in the world, best CM in the world, best front 3 in the world. I cannot believe he plays for us. He's like silk in the middle of the pitch. He moves the ball so quickly it's going to make us even more impossible to play against. Imagine how knackered teams are going to be as we move them side to side at the speed Thiago is going to be able to facilitate AND whilst having to watch for his vertical passing. Can't wait to watch Ox (who will really benefit I suspect), Keita and Firmino begin to get fed down the middle of the pitch thanks to Thiago's progressive passing. And can't wait to see what Trent and Robo will do with the extra time and space they're given by Thiago's speed in the middle. 

It will be fun when he decides to dribble as well.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #576 on: September 22, 2020, 07:21:26 pm »
Looking forward to our biannual games against Napoli in the CL this year. They’re going to be very different.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: September 22, 2020, 07:28:07 pm »
Looking forward to our biannual games against Napoli in the CL this year. They’re going to be very different.

Napoli aren't in the CL.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: September 22, 2020, 07:37:46 pm »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: September 22, 2020, 07:41:18 pm »
It feels so nice that we can sign players of this level. Thiago is probably the best passer we've had since Xabi Alonso.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #580 on: September 22, 2020, 07:49:58 pm »
Want to see Atletico try and park the bus against us with him in midfield now.

Offline USCouse

• Main Stander
« Reply #581 on: September 22, 2020, 07:54:40 pm »

I can't remember which video it was, but VVD was joking/chastising one of the other players to "take risk, man!" during one of those trivia recordings.  You can tell that is an ingrained principle in the club to take appropriate risk on the pitch when the players see opportunity.  That is not a saying that tends to be innate/internally developed and then outwardly propagated - tells me that Klopp & management have imposed this.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #582 on: September 22, 2020, 08:26:13 pm »
Just watched his compilation from the game LFC have put out...

Umm.... The pass through the midfield to Salah where he couldve taken an easy square pass to Fab that the tactics guys drool over did he..... did he ‘no look’ it ??!!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: September 22, 2020, 08:42:42 pm »
https://youtu.be/ERvtIGNl79c

Watching this, feels like he played for 200minutes in that game and not 45minutes!

He's really someone who wants to be involved and to dictate the game, and not to hide. That requires a lot of courage. That's what you want, players with balls!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: September 22, 2020, 08:43:49 pm »
Just watched his compilation from the game LFC have put out...

Umm.... The pass through the midfield to Salah where he couldve taken an easy square pass to Fab that the tactics guys drool over did he..... did he ‘no look’ it ??!!

Yes.

No look assist for a no look goal from Bobby is a must.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: September 22, 2020, 08:52:06 pm »
I don't even see it as "trying to be a bit clever". Almost as if he's simply probing the opposition for weaknesses and processing that information for the next time he gets the ball.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #586 on: September 22, 2020, 08:59:25 pm »
Best goalie in the world, best CB in the world, best front 3 in the world and now the best CM in the world,. I cannot believe he plays for us. He's like silk in the middle of the pitch. He moves the ball so quickly it's going to make us even more impossible to play against. Imagine how knackered teams are going to be as we move them side to side at the speed Thiago is going to be able to facilitate AND whilst having to watch for his vertical passing. Can't wait to watch Ox (who will really benefit I suspect), Keita and Firmino begin to get fed down the middle of the pitch thanks to Thiago's progressive passing. And can't wait to see what Trent and Robo will do with the extra time and space they're given by Thiago's speed in the middle. 

Think Gini will appreciate him a lot as well.  Going to give him a new lease of life and a chance to play in a more advanced role.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline dotheoffski

• Anny Roader
« Reply #587 on: September 22, 2020, 09:04:58 pm »
This guy is so sublime, the game seems to pause when he gets the ball, he seems to have so much time yet he is in fact speeding up play with his ridiculous first time passes.  It's so nice to have Xabi type player back in the team.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #588 on: September 22, 2020, 10:22:39 pm »
https://youtu.be/YYC24NxbTHA

Someone needs to get him longer trousers. Its like he was trying to walk in a flood.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: September 22, 2020, 11:30:52 pm »
So there were definitely more than a few times where the pass didn't go where I thought it was going to - as in a wow that was unexcepted.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: September 23, 2020, 12:06:10 am »
We are getting a world class player in his prime years.

How far we've come.

well said

but joe cole on a free, some might say that's the peak
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #591 on: September 23, 2020, 12:07:54 am »
Someone else might have said it, but Michael Cox's analysis of Thiago's performance in The Athletic is good reading.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #592 on: September 23, 2020, 12:09:23 am »

but joe cole on a free, some might say that's the peak
but not the peak flow meter
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: September 23, 2020, 12:33:20 am »
I remember when alonso came here and stood out as a “Rolls Royce of a footballer”. I don’t even know how to describe what Thiago could be, he is so much more faster as well as being technically gifted

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: September 23, 2020, 01:24:57 am »
I knew he was a very good player but it was weird seeing him come into a team that has just won the league at a canter, at half time after we've dominated for 45 minutes without him, and immediately become the focal point with all of our play going through him.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: September 23, 2020, 01:57:57 am »
Too soon to suggest he might be a future manager of Liverpool? ;)

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: September 23, 2020, 02:45:31 am »
We have been crying for a creative midfielder for years and now we finally have one, a world-class one.
Believer

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #597 on: September 23, 2020, 04:10:39 am »
So what happened to the Gini or Thiago argument? Both on the pitch at the same time.

Just found out Gini has the most shots for Liverpool against Chelsea, hopefully with Thiago signing we'll get to see more of his attacking side
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: September 23, 2020, 05:25:39 am »
Just found out Gini has the most shots for Liverpool against Chelsea, hopefully with Thiago signing we'll get to see more of his attacking side

I expect it'd come as a function of teams trying to shut down our wingbacks more. They may leave more gaps centrally, which a master passer like Thiago will pick up.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: September 23, 2020, 06:48:51 am »
Molby - Alonso - Thiago

The Passmaster succession continues.......