Author Topic: Andy Carroll  (Read 115351 times)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Re: Andy Carroll
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2013, 04:31:33 pm »
you got to feel sorry for West Ham, they splashed 15mil on this creature, and now they are fighting to stay up...they could have done much more with 15mil and help themselves to stay up
Him and Stewie, will be embarrassing playing them in a few weeks time. We sold well there.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2013, 04:33:22 pm »
you got to feel sorry for West Ham, they splashed 15mil on this creature, and now they are fighting to stay up...they could have done much more with 15mil and help themselves to stay up

Thats easy to say in hindsight, they didnt know he was gonna be injured for this long. If he'd have stayed fully fit he'd have suited them perfectly and would have scored a lot of goals for them imo. Still think he could have been a good player for us, but still baffled by the fee.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2013, 04:39:19 pm »
Even though he didn't make it here i will always have time for the lad, hope he gets over his injuries though and gets his career back on track!

will always love him for this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl5jTQRk4bg

Fellaini looking for the ball always cracks me up to the point where I get tears in my eyes :lmao

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2013, 10:34:36 pm »
My sources tell me that Andy is dead (RIP)  but West Ham are busy making a replicant who should be back in training next week.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #244 on: November 30, 2013, 07:28:01 pm »
My sources tell me that Andy is dead (RIP)  but West Ham are busy making a replicant who should be back in training next week.
haha. Did they tell you  2 unlimited died in a car crash too?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2013, 07:42:53 pm »
was slagging him off all game then he did that

had to drive down and watch the game sober in a pub, was still brilliant

its great when you win a big game late on after trailing for so long
I remember vividly that he missed a sitter at the start of the second half.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2013, 08:45:05 pm »
Stick a Pony Tail to the back of Carlton Cole's head and they're laughing.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #247 on: November 30, 2013, 10:48:48 pm »
I remember vividly that he missed a sitter at the start of the second half.
he did. Headed wide backpost
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #248 on: December 1, 2013, 12:22:31 am »
I feel bad for west ham.  Maybe once we've got the title sewn up we can lend them Suarez for a few weeks.  15m for this donkey did us a massive favour.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #249 on: December 1, 2013, 11:57:19 am »
I feel bad for west ham.  Maybe once we've got the title sewn up we can lend them Suarez for a few weeks.  15m for this donkey did us a massive favour.

Give it a fucking rest will ye?
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2013, 09:45:15 am »
Big Sam said he still doesn't know when Carroll will return, crazy injury
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2013, 10:22:56 am »
Andy has been unlucky. There are far worse players than him that have made a long term career as being a PL footballer. He's still young, if he can get over his injury and get fit - which will be his biggest test - then you'll see him emerge as a regular scorer. He'll never be a classy footballer but I don't think he's as bad as your description mate.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2013, 10:27:35 am »
Andy has been unlucky. There are far worse players than him that have made a long term career as being a PL footballer. He's still young, if he can get over his injury and get fit - which will be his biggest test - then you'll see him emerge as a regular scorer. He'll never be a classy footballer but I don't think he's as bad as your description mate.

He's being paid 100k a week to do fuck all. Unlucky is hardly a word that can be used to describe him.

£50 Million has been spent on him by 2 clubs. £50 Million. For a player that can barely pass a football 20 feet. He's one of the worst players I've ever seen with the red shirt on the pitch.

Edit: £50M
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 12:13:36 pm by Packalacky »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2013, 10:32:57 am »
He's being paid 100k a week to do fuck all. Unlucky is hardly a word that can be used to describe him.

£65 Million has been spent on him by 2 clubs. £65 Million. For a player that can barely pass a football 20 feet. He's one of the worst players I've ever seen with the red shirt on the pitch.
He really isn't.

Vastly overpriced yes, but one of the worst? Never.

Konchesky, Speedie, Ferrie, Dundee, Paul Stewart, Mark Walters

He is head and shoulders ahead of any of these.  Ok, he's slow, ok he's not that mobile, but he can do some good stuff on the ball, and to suggest he can't pass it 20 yards is a mendacious comment.

He was an honest footballer, tried hard for us on the pitch and didn't set his transfer fee.  Give him a break eh? He's always respected us, the least we can do is return the favour.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2013, 10:34:14 am »
He really isn't.

Vastly overpriced yes, but one of the worst? Never.

Konchesky, Speedie, Ferrie, Dundee, Paul Stewart, Mark Walters

He is head and shoulders ahead of any of these.  Ok, he's slow, ok he's not that mobile, but he can do some good stuff on the ball, and to suggest he can't pass it 20 yards is a mendacious comment.

He was an honest footballer, tried hard for us on the pitch and didn't set his transfer fee.  Give him a break eh? He's always respected us, the least we can do is return the favour.

Stop talking sense, will you?!?
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2013, 11:05:02 am »

£65 Million has been spent on him by 2 clubs. £65 Million. For a player that can barely pass a football 20 feet. He's one of the worst players I've ever seen with the red shirt on the pitch.

Eurgh, what turgid crap.

What has his earnings got to do with anything? If he was earning £500 a week would you agree that he's been unlucky? He joined Liverpool for a ridiculous amount, frankly forced to leave his boyhood club, and he gets injured and this finds it hard to find a role. Goes to West Ham on loan, does okay, joins permanent and gets a horrible niggly injury.

So yeah unlucky certainly.

And one of the worst you've seen for Liverpool?!?! Where to begin with that shite. Diouf? Dundee? Kippe? Ferri? Kromkamp? Kvarme? Traore? Dicks? Diao? Cheyrou? Josemi? Jovanovic? Nunez? Meijer? Degen? Diomede? Poulsen? El Zhar? Ecclestone?

And that's just in my short lifetime. Goal at Goodison. Two goals against Manchester City. Winner in FA Cup semi against Everton. Set up late winner against United. FA Cup Final goal. Injury time winner vs Blackburn. Any one if them games alone puts him miles ahead of any of the aforementioned.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2013, 12:10:40 pm »
Eurgh, what turgid crap.

What has his earnings got to do with anything? If he was earning £500 a week would you agree that he's been unlucky? He joined Liverpool for a ridiculous amount, frankly forced to leave his boyhood club, and he gets injured and this finds it hard to find a role. Goes to West Ham on loan, does okay, joins permanent and gets a horrible niggly injury.

And one of the worst you've seen for Liverpool?!?! Where to begin with that shite. Diouf? Dundee? Kippe? Ferri? Kromkamp? Kvarme? Traore? Dicks? Diao? Cheyrou? Josemi? Jovanovic? Nunez? Meijer? Degen? Diomede? Poulsen? El Zhar? Ecclestone?

And that's just in my short lifetime. Goal at Goodison. Two goals against Manchester City. Winner in FA Cup semi against Everton. Set up late winner against United. FA Cup Final goal. Injury time winner vs Blackburn. Any one if them games alone puts him miles ahead of any of the aforementioned.
Well said mate. Lets see what sort of footballer Andy has become in a year or so, we may even get a glimpse in Brazil.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2013, 12:12:12 pm »
I thought he started picking his game up the end of his final season with us. Started to look like a good striker with an eye for goal.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2013, 12:12:19 pm »
Eurgh, what turgid crap.

Yep, I have him grouped with all those. Languid, half arsed and total lack of footballing brain make him our worst signing ever. Having 2/3 good performances doesn't change the fact he was a massive disappointment for the vast majority of games. And no, you can't dismiss his transfer fee/wages. Most of the players you listed didn't come with many expectations, often for low fees. Andy was brought in to replace one of our best ever strikers for £35M and failed in every possible way imaginable.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2013, 12:16:24 pm »
I still have to pinch myself every now and then to make sure i didnt dream that WH bought him(and Downing) from us. It's offset by the fact we paid £35m in the first place though...for a lad who doesn't even have the drive to keep himself fit.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2013, 12:22:14 pm »
West Ham paying £15m for him is verging on as bad as us paying £35m at this stage.

He's not looking like getting anywhere near the pitch any time soon.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2013, 12:24:01 pm »
Yep, I have him grouped with all those. Languid, half arsed and total lack of footballing brain make him our worst signing ever. Having 2/3 good performances doesn't change the fact he was a massive disappointment for the vast majority of games. And no, you can't dismiss his transfer fee/wages. Most of the players you listed didn't come with many expectations, often for low fees. Andy was brought in to replace one of our best ever strikers for £35M and failed in every possible way imaginable.

I agree, he was awesome at standing on the edge of the box with his hands on his hips whilst play passed him by.

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2013, 12:30:01 pm »
He's still young

He'll be 25 in 9 days.  He's a striker, he should be in his prime now, so relatively speaking he's not young.

When you take into account the fact that he's an injury-prone striker, who doesn't seem to lead the perfect lifestyle for an athlete, he probably only has about 5 years left at the top. 

If he had any sense he'd look to Bernard Hopkins as a role model, not Gazza.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2013, 12:35:29 pm »

Which one is it then? Worst signing or worst player? Youve said both now.

Worst signing you have a case because of the fee (although we recovered a fair chunk of that) but that wasnt Andy's fault anyway.

One of the worst players doesnt score the goals like an above poster has stated. So if its that one, you are miles off.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2013, 12:38:15 pm »
25? christ, thought he was a lot younger than that. He seems like he's not too arsed, but I still sort of like him in all honesty.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2013, 12:44:32 pm »
If he can get the injuries sorted he's got the talent to be a regular goal scorer in the premier league, i don't think there's much doubt about that. A fit Andy Carroll would walk into 13 of the 20 premier league sides i reckon.

Not sure what it is but i like him and i hope he succeeds, always thought he tried his hardest at Liverpool and i'd forgive almost anything for that goal against Everton.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2013, 12:52:37 pm »
Anyone who scores 2 winners in derbies is fine by me. He's a good lad.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2013, 12:58:22 pm »
It was a shocking piece of business signing this guy and essentially a panic buy. Lots at the club had egg on their face when it was apparent this wasn't going to work out.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2013, 01:12:41 pm »
It was a shocking piece of business signing this guy and essentially a panic buy. Lots at the club had egg on their face when it was apparent this wasn't going to work out.

Fucking madness, to think we paid 22mil for Suarez in the same window too. If anything those fees should have been the other way round.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2013, 01:28:59 pm »

Not sure what it is but i like him and i hope he succeeds, always thought he tried his hardest at Liverpool and i'd forgive almost anything for that goal against Everton.

Did he try enough?

The lad's out getting smashed often, wasn't a hard trainer by all accounts, and I do wonder if he can hold his head up and say he made the most of the opportunity.

Compare it to Henderson. Fantastic attitude, was also out of favour with the manager, but he fought his corner, worked hard, got to the point where the manager's praising him (he's a beautiful player to train apparently) and now he's a stalwart. Henderson also came with similar pressures, was plucked out of his home town club in the North East and has done far more for this club (and will do more in the future). We also signed Luis Suarez in that window. And yes, he's been mental a few times since he joined, but bloody hell, he leaves everything on the pitch that lad.

The sympathy with Carroll is interesting. Henderson flies under the radar (at least he did until recently), but he's the one who's showed the better attitude and quality - he's a Liverpool player. Carroll never was fit to wear the shirt in my opinion.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2013, 01:36:23 pm »
Fucking madness, to think we paid 22mil for Suarez in the same window too. If anything those fees should have been the other way round.
Sickening thing was that on here, people were describing Carroll as Torres' replacement amd completely overlooking Suarez. Knew ages ago Suarez would be Torres replacement, been watching him since Ajax days. I agree that Carroll was one of our worst signings. If he cost £10million, it would've been considered acceptable

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2013, 01:45:25 pm »
Carroll never was fit to wear the shirt in my opinion.
I wouldn't disagree with that mate.

And although he's 25 in 9 days I'm still interested to see how he will emerge as a PL player over the next 2-years.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: December 28, 2013, 01:47:50 pm »

And although he's 25 in 9 days I'm still interested to see how he will emerge as a PL player over the next 2-years.

If he's still with West Ham in 2 years we all might see how he emerges as a championship player. 

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: December 28, 2013, 01:49:26 pm »
Did he try enough?

The lad's out getting smashed often, wasn't a hard trainer by all accounts, and I do wonder if he can hold his head up and say he made the most of the opportunity.

Compare it to Henderson. Fantastic attitude, was also out of favour with the manager, but he fought his corner, worked hard, got to the point where the manager's praising him (he's a beautiful player to train apparently) and now he's a stalwart. Henderson also came with similar pressures, was plucked out of his home town club in the North East and has done far more for this club (and will do more in the future). We also signed Luis Suarez in that window. And yes, he's been mental a few times since he joined, but bloody hell, he leaves everything on the pitch that lad.

The sympathy with Carroll is interesting. Henderson flies under the radar (at least he did until recently), but he's the one who's showed the better attitude and quality - he's a Liverpool player. Carroll never was fit to wear the shirt in my opinion.

This, I really like Carroll and I won't forget his goals but I don't think it's truthful to say he gave 100% at all times, players like Henderson give 100%.

The amount of times he'd be jogging around on the edge of the box as we burst forward and wanted to whip it into the box was ridiculous.

Like the lad as I say but giving 100% at all times isn't something i'd claim of him
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 28, 2013, 01:55:06 pm »
Agree with the panic buy but that doesn't paint the full picture.
We'd just been taken over by the new owners, the previous pair of leeches had been slowly asset stripping the squad and pocketing the cash.
I think it was also a statement of intent, to show that funds would be reinvested. Obviously in hind sight it was a very naive move but judging by the way we handled last summer with Luis we looked to have learnt from it.
Also fair play to them for cutting there loses on him and moving him on when it became clear he wasn't going to work for us.

In other news Chelsea are still trying to work out how to get Fernando going.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: December 28, 2013, 01:55:17 pm »

Yeah I'm interested too mate. If he does knuckle down, his injury problems can be sorted, he would be an absolute beast of a player. But you need that dedication and game time. He's talented. Perhaps not in the ways Rodgers would have liked given the way he wanted our forwards to play, but he could easily play for a top team in the future. He just needs to make the most of what he has. Whether he's interested in that is another thing.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: December 28, 2013, 01:58:41 pm »
This, I really like Carroll and I won't forget his goals but I don't think it's truthful to say he gave 100% at all times, players like Henderson give 100%.

The amount of times he'd be jogging around on the edge of the box as we burst forward and wanted to whip it into the box was ridiculous.

Like the lad as I say but giving 100% at all times isn't something i'd claim of him
I'm not convinced that the way he used to hand around the edge was down to attitude, I just honestly think that he didn't have that natural anticipation and movement that top strikers have. If anything I think he used to wait for the ball to get cleared back out or a cut back to him so he could unleash his left peg on it.

I might be wrong like.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #277 on: December 28, 2013, 02:05:35 pm »
Rumours going about this morning that he could be retiring due to injury.

Fucking shame if true.

:o :o :o

I think if he gets one more injury he might just pack it all in, if he ever returns from this one

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: December 28, 2013, 02:16:55 pm »
If he's still with West Ham in 2 years we all might see how he emerges as a championship player. 
A PL team would go and get him though - wouldn't they? Newcastle?

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: December 28, 2013, 03:08:41 pm »
did he picked that injury in the game or training?
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"