Author Topic: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership  (Read 348077 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership
« Reply #2080 on: April 6, 2012, 11:54:21 am »
Al you've seen our mentality with Lucas and Insua and now Flanagan. Instead of giving our younger players time to develop and improve, we're on their back the moment they make mistakes and have poor games. That's something that needs to change and we need to trust them when the play as opposed to writing them off when they're 20/21 years old. It leads to us sticking to the old guard, regardless of the quality of their performances or the future of the club.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2081 on: April 6, 2012, 12:16:55 pm »
Al you've seen our mentality with Lucas and Insua and now Flanagan. Instead of giving our younger players time to develop and improve, we're on their back the moment they make mistakes and have poor games. That's something that needs to change and we need to trust them when the play as opposed to writing them off when they're 20/21 years old. It leads to us sticking to the old guard, regardless of the quality of their performances or the future of the club.

You need to make a statement that you are backing youth though, you have to make it clear that you are building for the future and that the players need the fans support. As a Club we do it half heartedly and as soon as the older players are fit they walk back into the team. The injection of youthful exuberance provided by the likes of Flanagan, Robinson and Spearing last season lifted the whole Club. The feature of last season under Kenny that pleased me most was the amount of energy the side had.

We need to stop sending out messages that the likes of Sterling is only involved because of our injuries and back the players. The likes of Flanagan, Robinson, Kelly, Coates, Spearing and Shelvey have all come in and done well. We need to back those hungry young players to the hilt because they are our future not the likes of Carra.

The two constants at the top of the Premiership for the last decade and a half have been United and Arsenal two Clubs that back their young players to the hilt, put up with the brickbats of the fans when things aren't going well but show an unerring faith in their young players. So what if some of the want it now idiots get on the back of the young players, it doesn't mean we have to give in to them. If we do we will be stuck in this incredibly destructive mindset that allows the idiots to dictate what we do as a Club. We don't need the do the most popular thing we need to do the right thing, we lost the knack of doing that twenty years ago and we need to have the balls to rediscover it.

If people don't want to support our young players then they f'ck off and support someone else's Auld Codgers.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2082 on: April 6, 2012, 12:27:21 pm »
You need to make a statement that you are backing youth though, you have to make it clear that you are building for the future and that the players need the fans support. As a Club we do it half heartedly and as soon as the older players are fit they walk back into the team. The injection of youthful exuberance provided by the likes of Flanagan, Robinson and Spearing last season lifted the whole Club. The feature of last season under Kenny that pleased me most was the amount of energy the side had.

We need to stop sending out messages that the likes of Sterling is only involved because of our injuries and back the players. The likes of Flanagan, Robinson, Kelly, Coates, Spearing and Shelvey have all come in and done well. We need to back those hungry young players to the hilt because they are our future not the likes of Carra.

The two constants at the top of the Premiership for the last decade and a half have been United and Arsenal two Clubs that back their young players to the hilt, put up with the brickbats of the fans when things aren't going well but show an unerring faith in their young players. So what if some of the want it now idiots get on the back of the young players, it doesn't mean we have to give in to them. If we do we will be stuck in this incredibly destructive mindset that allows the idiots to dictate what we do as a Club. We don't need the do the most popular thing we need to do the right thing, we lost the knack of doing that twenty years ago and we need to have the balls to rediscover it.

If people don't want to support our young players then they f'ck off and support someone else's Auld Codgers.

That's what I mean though, it's the club that needs to be strong and trust in those players, regardless of what other people say, even their own fans. I don't think that's been the case in recent years and maybe it'll change in time but at present we're still persisting with he likes of Carragher and Gerrard as opposed to giving Coates and Sterling more game time. Flanagan and Robinson only came in last season when we were struggling with injuries but we chose not to play Flanagan this season at Tottenham, instead playing Skrtel there. On the other hand, Henderson has been playing a lot, as opposed to Kuyt. There doesn't seem to be a balance or a commitment that players who who show promise or deserve to, will be given starts which I hope isn't the case going forward into next season and beyond. It just doesn't help when fans write off young players after a few bad games. It's happened with quite a few players in recent years and is happening with Henderson now. No doubt Coates and Sterling will get the same treatment if and when they eventually get games.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #2083 on: April 6, 2012, 08:12:17 pm »
Good to see Agger soon is back!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2084 on: April 7, 2012, 12:31:22 pm »
on bench today hopefully so we know he'll be back for cup tie. hopefully coates plays but i reckon he wont
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2085 on: April 7, 2012, 05:58:19 pm »
He is back!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2086 on: April 7, 2012, 06:06:05 pm »
Made a huge difference when he came on, not surprisingly.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2087 on: April 7, 2012, 06:07:11 pm »
Surprised me how much of an impact he had when he came on.

So good to see him back.

Offline danno08

• Anny Roader
  • If you ain't first, you're last.
« Reply #2088 on: April 7, 2012, 06:09:17 pm »
What position should Agger play on Tuesday?

Left back or centre back?

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #2089 on: April 7, 2012, 06:11:03 pm »
What position should Agger play on Tuesday?

Left back or centre back?

Has to be for Carra although Enrique has been abysmal for a while.
Internet terrorist

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: April 7, 2012, 06:11:13 pm »
Considering Carra has that CB position nailed down, he'd have more chance playing at LB.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #2091 on: April 7, 2012, 06:14:38 pm »
Considering Carra has that CB position nailed down, he'd have more chance playing at LB.

I think you're being a bit pessimistic

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2092 on: April 7, 2012, 06:16:37 pm »
Agger & Kompany are the two best CBs in the league.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2093 on: April 7, 2012, 06:16:56 pm »
Thank God.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2094 on: April 7, 2012, 06:20:04 pm »
Thank God he's back.

Ive had my fill of Carra.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2095 on: April 7, 2012, 06:23:56 pm »
Just get depressed watching Carra these days. Don't really feel the anger that some do towards him.. Just a bit sad. I have vague recollections of Eto'o trying to spin in behind him and Carragher hooking the ball away with Eto'o wondering what just happened, thinking he was away. Now I'm watching the Carragher Octopus every time the ball is played into the feet of Agbonalahor, Bendtner, Sammon or whoever else. It's just a bit sad.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2096 on: April 7, 2012, 06:25:05 pm »
How is it that Agger missed more than a month with a cracked rib but John Terry is going to continue playing with a few broken ones?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2097 on: April 7, 2012, 06:25:41 pm »
John Terry is a big man.

The biggest.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: April 7, 2012, 06:26:32 pm »
a very brave, big, brave man.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #2099 on: April 7, 2012, 06:42:32 pm »
Welcome back Dagger!

Just in time for the blue shite!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline liverpoolfan1

• Kopite
« Reply #2100 on: April 7, 2012, 06:44:11 pm »
Really happy to see Agger back but very disappointed that Coates wasn't given a good chance while he was out.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2012, 06:48:32 pm by liverpoolfan1 »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Bill Shankly

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2101 on: April 7, 2012, 06:47:53 pm »
So glad he's back in time for the semi. Hopefully Johnson's not too far off either.

Our defence has been pretty shambolic since those 2 have been out of it.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: April 7, 2012, 07:33:18 pm »
Sucks that Coates didn't get more games in his absence.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2104 on: April 7, 2012, 08:01:39 pm »
Nice to see Agger back, was lucky he didn't give away a penalty though.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: April 7, 2012, 08:26:06 pm »
How is it that Agger missed more than a month with a cracked rib but John Terry is going to continue playing with a few broken ones?

Terry had his removed so he can suck.......... Ah, thats just too crude to finish.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2106 on: April 7, 2012, 08:33:29 pm »
Just get depressed watching Carra these days. Don't really feel the anger that some do towards him.. Just a bit sad. I have vague recollections of Eto'o trying to spin in behind him and Carragher hooking the ball away with Eto'o wondering what just happened, thinking he was away. Now I'm watching the Carragher Octopus every time the ball is played into the feet of Agbonalahor, Bendtner, Sammon or whoever else. It's just a bit sad.

Absolutely Carra at his best was like a rash, no matter which way the best forwards on the planet turned he was there. Always in position always perfectly balanced and always anticipating both where the ball would go and what his opponent would do.  That is down to experience and confidence, the first part is still there but the confidence to get tight and dominate opponents has long departed.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #2107 on: April 7, 2012, 10:23:22 pm »
Absolutely boss. Love this lad. Core of our team alongside Lucas. Out for 2 fucking months and we fall to shambles. Makes a cameo of 20 mins, we get a goal, get 6 bodies into the box while attacking and don't concede albeit Villa cause we have fucking screwed it to QPR and Wigan, have a more attacking presence. Has 5/6 years ahead of him, again, I love this lad.

Carra, again, no more feeling sorry but got to go lad when Agger ain't in the line-up... Coates definitely a much better option. Lucky we were not humiliated after he was beaten time to time by pace and physically by Agbonlahor.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #2108 on: April 7, 2012, 11:23:40 pm »
Love the lad!
A winner's attitude and someone who cares for the shirt.

Welcome back, Danny!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2109 on: April 8, 2012, 08:33:55 am »
agger is vital to how we play both in terms of allowing us to defend high up the pitch, building attacks from the back and allowing skrtel to defend on his natural right side. when agger was out coates should have been used especially when we were no longer in the race for a CL place. no offence to carra but he shouldn't be getting games when we have little to play for.

Offline AlexL

• Main Stander
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #2110 on: April 8, 2012, 09:29:27 am »
It was so good to see Dagger back in the team yesterday. He must play against blue shite next week.
You'll never walk alone

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: April 10, 2012, 08:14:18 pm »
Whatttttttttttttttttttt a ball! 8)
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Dudek

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2112 on: April 10, 2012, 08:21:51 pm »
What a fucking ball, Martin.  :champ
"We do not need to give away flags for our fans to wave - our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. It's the passion of fans that helps to win matches - not flags."
- Rafael Benitez

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #2113 on: April 10, 2012, 09:07:04 pm »
Normal service please for the semi.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #2114 on: April 10, 2012, 09:57:36 pm »
fucking brilliant the pair of em tonight and coates.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2115 on: April 10, 2012, 10:00:18 pm »
Skrtel.... TERMINATOR!!!!!!

Absolute :lmao at the fact he kept Agger onside at the end with Coates lobbed pass in. hahahahaa
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2116 on: April 10, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »
Agger came in and woosh,we looked class even with 10 men.
And for the 2nd time in 3 days,another assist Dagger.
And Skrtel what a peach of a ball !

Offline Basil

• Main Stander
Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership
« Reply #2117 on: April 10, 2012, 10:00:37 pm »
Agger is so fuckin cool. I love him. Love it when he goes bombing forward.
The ball drops and he just settles the world . Then that right foot hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes all gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a twenty year old Steven Gerrard and your younger self cheering him on throu

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2118 on: April 10, 2012, 10:02:33 pm »
Agger came in and woosh,we looked class even with 10 men.
And for the 2nd time in 3 days,another assist Dagger.
And Skrtel what a peach of a ball !

Coates lobbed it in at the end.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: April 10, 2012, 10:03:23 pm »
Coates lobbed it in at the end.

Coates to Agger, Agger assisted Carroll.