Author Topic: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....  (Read 44511 times)

Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #360 on: December 30, 2011, 10:20:27 pm »
thought adam was piss poor and carroll looked like a forward that will score goals if he keeps getting service like what gerrard gave him tonight

think its time to lay off carroll for now lads
I wouldn't criticize a Liverpool player for no reason, he just needs to do alot more than just wait in the box for crosses

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: December 30, 2011, 10:20:48 pm »
How much would you like to bet that he won't get anything ? Probert will say he saw it and didn't see anything wrong with it (given his position at the time he can hardly say he didn't see it).

If he saw that and didn't give Cabaye a red the man should never referee another game of football in his life - and I am including the Bootle under9s girls league.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #362 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:08 pm »
Had a bad feeling it was going to be yet another draw, so made up with the 3 points.

Stevie made the difference when he came on, Bellamy looked good and Skrtel's clearance was top draw. Really feel for Andy, would love nothing more than him to get a couple of goals.

Ah well Man City away next, fingers crossed Andy gets a hat full!
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline onopko

• Main Stander
« Reply #363 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:08 pm »
Such a huge boost for the team to have a fit Gerrard for the second half of the season, looking forward to see him and Suarez together.
Skrtel once again immense, and what a clearance!

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:26 pm »
Joke.of.a.supporter.

Don't think that an opinion needs to be that extreme one way or the other.

He's not doing as well as he could be at the moment - it's ok to acknowledge that.  Still think he'll get there soon enough but i'm not going to say his performances are flawless

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:32 pm »
Exactly, everyone uses the lad as a scapegoat instead of supporting him.

He proved tonight that with the right service, he's a threat, so those having a go and saying he was shite can fuck right off, off the forum and out of the club.

We support our players, not jump on their backs you gang of pricks.
The thing is though, mate; if Andy hasn't really gotten the service, then where does the blame lie for that?

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:33 pm »
We see the service that Stevie can give Andy.  Let's see if our Legend can play Andy into a beast again.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #367 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:46 pm »
Was he moaning at every pass? There was the one where Enrique drilled across goal rather than stood it up.

or the two successive crosses when Adam blasted it at the first oposition man instead of putting them in the box

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: December 30, 2011, 10:22:09 pm »
The thing is though, mate; if Andy hasn't really gotten the service, then where does the blame lie for that?

Not on him like most seem to think Mac.

Offline Areal

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #369 on: December 30, 2011, 10:22:09 pm »
A bit unfair to keep comparing Adam with Gerrard, eh? Of course everything that Charlie does will look like shit when we look at Gerrard playing. The question now is who gets the CM role: Adam or Henderson, since Spearing is our only natural defensive. Maybe both of them could play together (droping Jay) against certain types of teams.

« Reply #370 on: December 30, 2011, 10:22:24 pm »
No but expecting him to do a Suarez type performance with neat play isn't his forte either. At least try a cross or two, it is one of his strengths.
Yeah we did cross in the first half but his movement was poor, not every player in the team has the quality of crossing Gerrard has so he needs to work harder to make the best of crosses from other players which weren't bad at all

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: December 30, 2011, 10:22:36 pm »
Christ Almighty, seeing it again Skrtel's clearance defied the laws of physics !

Offline foreverred1983

• Kopite
« Reply #372 on: December 30, 2011, 10:22:43 pm »
the only midfielder in the world that would improve barca and spains midfield

even at the age of 31

if he was a songwriter he would be bob dylan!

fuck that, he'd be steven gerrard!
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #373 on: December 30, 2011, 10:23:13 pm »
or the two successive crosses when Adam blasted it at the first oposition man instead of putting them in the box
Oh don't be so picky.....

We've just cruised to a victory over one of the teams competing with us for the top four.....

Look at his assists and goals for us, he's not perfect, but he's an asset
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #374 on: December 30, 2011, 10:23:14 pm »
Serious case of post-match hyperbole.

so you think he wouldn't get in that midfield?

the only pitfall for him would be they play at a snails pace

but he's every bit as good as xavi and iniesta have every been

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2011, 10:23:14 pm »
Just on the way back. Probably our worst home performance but ironically our biggest win. Shame andy didn't finish the header. Unlucky.

You went to Anfield right ? Were you supporting Newcastle ;)

Cos that was nowhere near our worst home performance this season.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew after his side's 3-1 defeat at Anfield: "Liverpool's second goal was a turning point. We were in a good period there, it was never a foul and then we made an error on the free-kick

:lmao
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:26:26 pm by Smudgester »

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2011, 10:23:16 pm »
Just on the way back. Probably our worst home performance but ironically our biggest win. Shame andy didn't finish the header. Unlucky.

Interesting, I really didn't see it as a bad performance but watched this at home.  Thought we played a lot worse against Swansea and a few other games this season

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2011, 10:23:23 pm »
I'm certain no one saw it. Everyone was looking at Henderson screaming that a hair had gone out of place after he bumped heads with Tiote seconds earlier. If any of the Liverpool players had seen it I think it could have got real nasty.

Thats what i think too..
Andy Carroll was a different player when Stevie came on, the quality of service was far better, but AC does seem "lazy" or unwilling to gamble  at times
JFT 96

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #378 on: December 30, 2011, 10:23:37 pm »
so we end the year the same way as we started by comming back from a goal down to win the game

bellamy and gerrard both have to be in our best 11

johnson still makes a few mistakes

i would like to see martin kelly play with agger , skrtel and jose

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #379 on: December 30, 2011, 10:23:48 pm »
I wouldn't criticize a Liverpool player for no reason, he just needs to do alot more than just wait in the box for crosses

Carroll needs to get into the box more. Countless times he's hanging at the edge of the box, and we've got no one in the box when a cross comes in.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #380 on: December 30, 2011, 10:23:54 pm »
That was much better
I liked Kuyt's cameo a lot I must say always get a lot of work from him
Also we continued attacking after the goal which was great
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #381 on: December 30, 2011, 10:24:06 pm »

Only been to one game at Anfield this season (mostly London aways) so would be interested in your thoughts. We've generally started at 100mph at home, done well for 60 minutes or so then dropped off. Tonight it seemed that we started slow but got better (or at least more confident as a team) as the game went on. I agree we didn't play that well but I was more convinced we were going to win nd not concede a silly goal thank most home games this season.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: December 30, 2011, 10:25:14 pm »
A good team performance with everyone doing a decent job and it's our worst home performance of the season? Mental.

Just my opinion mate. I thought we were better against Norwich, mancs, Swansea etc but didn't get the result we deserved. Anyway onwards and upwards, pleased with the win.

Offline louise0411

• Anny Roader
« Reply #383 on: December 30, 2011, 10:25:14 pm »
Steven Gerrard I love you. Andy Carroll just seemed so lazy, but I hope Gerrard can fix that.
www.twitter.com/louise0411

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez runs down the wing for me.

Offline rickythered

• facedranter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 Times
« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2011, 10:25:14 pm »
Only if we had some wide midfield players who could put in the standard of crosses Stevie was delivering into the box in his short magnificent appearance today. I have no doubt Andy would start scoring goals for fun. Stevie was really showing the likes of Downing and Johnson how it should be done.
“The Liverpool jersey has become heavy to wear and I want to change that.” Brendan Rodger's

Offline fatlip13

• Anny Roader
« Reply #385 on: December 30, 2011, 10:25:17 pm »
good performance from start to finish, start of the second half we lost our way but you have to expect that during a game. gerrard showed that you just have to take the keeper out with crosses and andy should have scored. carroll lacks fitness so give him a run and stevie will be some player when he is fit.
adam has had a bad few weeks with penalty miss and og but has played really well most of the year.
cabaye(the one that did spearing?) should have been sent off and the referee had a great veiw. compare it to the wolves player and i think the decisions were for the wrong tackles. collocini knows if he did bellamy and the more you look at it the worse it will look.
nice way to finish the year

Offline sanjay2171

• Kemlynite
« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2011, 10:25:54 pm »
Brilliant result....and 3 goals at home.

Was so hoping that Bellamy free kick took a flick off Carroll's pony tail !
Ohhhhhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2011, 10:25:54 pm »

He needs to combine what he was doing in the first half; coming deep, receiving the ball and laying it off, with what he was doing in the second half when Gerrard came on; storming into the box to try and get on the end of a cross. He just needs a run of games and a goal to boost his confidence, then we might start seeing something resembling the form he produced whilst playing for Newcastle. At the moment he's like a shrinking violet, reluctant to run into the box in case he misses a chance, or running deep to get the ball, laying it off, then not busting a gut to get in a threatening position. Just need to be patient.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2011, 10:25:56 pm »
Stevie lifted everyone Jordan great ball for his goal, Spearing great ball to Jordan before it, Andy will score with the service he is finally getting from Stevie, Skrtel goal line stop was worth a goal, Colocini will hopefully be cited as the ref missed it and the tackle on Spearing was ironic had it been the other way around he would have seen red!

Special mention for Downing he played well head up and beating players on the outside, but Bellamy was the MOTM for me , Stevie changed it but Craig got Two good goals also might have got it anyway if he hadn't got done by the hairbear in the stripes.

One other thing who else loves it when Agger glides through a team like he did tonight!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2011, 10:26:01 pm »
Not on him like most seem to think Mac.
Agree there. The fella is obviously lacking confidence. I just don't think it's any coincidence that Gerrard carved out two excellent chances for him within the space of 10 minutes either.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 30, 2011, 10:26:09 pm »
When did we last win a match without any of our South American's playing?
Today?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #391 on: December 30, 2011, 10:26:13 pm »
Ah well, just goes to prove, the critics are right. Without Torres we are a one man team.

Welcome back Mr Steven Gerrard. ;D ;D ;D
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: December 30, 2011, 10:26:21 pm »
3-1. Easy win.

It was nice to see us come back from a goal behind. Unbelievable luck for Newcastle with that goal. They had two chances all game. As expected, Spearing played in a deeper midfield role and I think he did great. I think he was a big reason why they looked toothless. He was also lucky not to break his leg. The ultimate proof that refs are blind on at least one eye. That was a red card offence and a shocking miss by the ref. But credit to Spearing. Credit also to Bellamy for those two goals. We need players to step up and deliver. Bellamy has. :thumbup

We controlled everything, but I was a little worried after the first few minutes in the second half. We played down the wings and we had a huge hole in the center behind Carroll, who was isolated. So they had it easy. That changed when Gerrard came on. Even more so when Kuyt came on. Gerrard's goal was so typical for him. Breaks into the box with one of those forward runs. Quality finish as well. Please stay fit!

That's now 9 wins. 11 more to go for that CL spot. Still well within reach.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2011, 10:26:40 pm »
Yeah we did cross in the first half but his movement was poor, not every player in the team has the quality of crossing Gerrard has so he needs to work harder to make the best of crosses from other players which weren't bad at all

I'd agree with that. Think I'd of scored today with the service Gerrard was putting in. People will say it's down to bad service from our other players, but Gerrard's a one off, so Carroll's movement and touch needs to improve drastically.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: December 30, 2011, 10:26:43 pm »

I don't recall any cross apart from Enrique which he drilled across the 6 yard box where we really threatening on crosses. Downing's crosses rarely beat first man.

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2011, 10:26:49 pm »
Where are these ten million pound free kicks that fergie was on about from Charlie Adam?

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: December 30, 2011, 10:27:30 pm »
Pass of the season from carrol for that counter.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #397 on: December 30, 2011, 10:27:36 pm »
Where are these ten million pound free kicks that Mr Alex Ferguson was on about from Charlie Adam?
You may have noticed the number of assists he has this season? 

No?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #398 on: December 30, 2011, 10:27:39 pm »
Oh don't be so picky.....

We've just cruised to a victory over one of the teams competing with us for the top four.....

Look at his assists and goals for us, he's not perfect, but he's an asset

not a pop at Adam

read the previous posts connected

Just stating a case that the big man has a right to talk to his team mates about his lack of service

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #399 on: December 30, 2011, 10:28:19 pm »
Apparently, according to our Barcelona bretheren, he also lacks technique. Morons.

If this is aimed at me you can get the fuck and stop putting words in my mouth.