Author Topic: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell  (Read 445235 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell
« Reply #560 on: August 20, 2016, 08:09:32 pm »
Yep he was caught out on both goals today

I think you are being sarcastic and that's fine - since I never said they were his fault. I just felt he was totally ineffective.

Maybe that's different than beyond bad - and I'm willing to agree.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: August 20, 2016, 09:31:01 pm »
milner was beyond bad.
I pretty much agree.
He turned inside on his right so often, he looked like a crab trying to run sideways down the touchline.

The only possible positive is if Klopp has seen enough to realise the error of his ways.
Milner is no left-back.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #562 on: August 20, 2016, 10:02:40 pm »
Lucky fella, he has no idea that his position as sub for this game has just meant RAWK has not wrestled the scapegoat crown and forced it onto Henderson. Rest well, Moreno. We go again next week.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #563 on: August 21, 2016, 01:25:34 am »
People aren't stupid for wanting Moreno dropped, he's a liability. What's stupid is a club with aspirations of challenging at the top end of the table only having a right footed midfielder as an alternative.

You can argue that. But that's the situation. So with the situation as it is, I do reckon that people thinking that getting the knives out for moreno and screaming for him to be dropped (rather than supporting our young left back) deserve worse names than 'stupid'.

But whatever, that's the modern fan, and liverpool aren't any different, better or worse, than any other club. I do wish it was differvent, but hey - how anyone supports the club is their own prerogative.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #564 on: August 21, 2016, 02:28:38 am »
Have to say, when he came in he made little difference from what I saw, almost no attacking quality to be found. Only Grujic made any impact as a sub.

I really wish he can figure out how to use the ball properly but time's running out.

When Moreno came on the half space on the left opened up far more as Burnleys full back took the threat down the flank seriously and moved his starting position towards Moreno a lot. Before then they were happy to give Milner the whole left flank to do what he wanted. Because they knew it would amount to nothing. Whereas letting a left footer drive down the flank and fire crosses hard across your goal is just asking for trouble.

Have a left footed full back creates space on the pitch. It doesn´t matter if that player is Moreno or Rodriguez. Either way he gets taken seriously as a threat down your flank. Clyne, Johnson, Milner, Gomez, Can, De Sciglio, no matter who we play there... it will narrow the pitch, shut down the half spaces and make it almost impossible to stretch a side horizonally which is one of the key things we need to do against these low-block sides.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: August 21, 2016, 03:51:36 am »
When Moreno came on the half space on the left opened up far more as Burnleys full back took the threat down the flank seriously and moved his starting position towards Moreno a lot. Before then they were happy to give Milner the whole left flank to do what he wanted. Because they knew it would amount to nothing. Whereas letting a left footer drive down the flank and fire crosses hard across your goal is just asking for trouble.

Have a left footed full back creates space on the pitch. It doesn´t matter if that player is Moreno or Rodriguez. Either way he gets taken seriously as a threat down your flank. Clyne, Johnson, Milner, Gomez, Can, De Sciglio, no matter who we play there... it will narrow the pitch, shut down the half spaces and make it almost impossible to stretch a side horizonally which is one of the key things we need to do against these low-block sides.

So much of football, and more specifically creating space,  is what happens off the ball.

You're spot on, but you're fighting a losing battle trying to explain that to fans that don't care.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: October 25, 2016, 10:04:26 pm »
He was miles up the pitch when that young lad from Spurs had that amazing chance but mis-controlled the ball and it bounced to Mignolet. I don't remember the context though... he might have been up for a corner or something, but I don't think so. A good game on the whole though.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: October 25, 2016, 10:16:07 pm »
He was miles up the pitch when that young lad from Spurs had that amazing chance but mis-controlled the ball and it bounced to Mignolet. I don't remember the context though... he might have been up for a corner or something, but I don't think so. A good game on the whole though.

I think he'd been high up a few seconds before when we were up that end but I might be mistaken. My first instinct was similar when I saw the space that lad had over on our left but thank fuck he miscontrolled it anyway. I actually thought Moreno had a decent game generally too, so I should probably give him the benefit of the doubt. He does offer a shitload more pace than Milner. For some reason I found the idea of him taking corners faintly amusing.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: October 25, 2016, 10:17:37 pm »
Other than that brain fart where he was miles out of position near the end, thought he played really well, hopefully he takes his chances to impress when he gets minutes and crack on from there!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #569 on: October 25, 2016, 10:28:37 pm »
Other than that brain fart where he was miles out of position near the end, thought he played really well, hopefully he takes his chances to impress when he gets minutes and crack on from there!

That 'brain fart' is something Milner hasn't done all season but took Moreno all of one game back to achieve. Could've conceded a penalty as well.

He did well particularly in that first half, but once again showed why he should be nowhere near our starting 11. Milner is a much better LB than he is, despite not being a LB at all.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: October 25, 2016, 10:30:02 pm »
Could've conceded a penalty as well.

He did well particularly in that first half, but once again showed why he should be nowhere near our starting 11. Milner is a much better LB than he is, despite not being a LB at all.
Milner has game intelligence which helps, Moreno not so much!

Offline North Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #571 on: October 25, 2016, 10:30:53 pm »
Lots of energy, you can see he's a great athlete. Think he'll be good from the bench in the last 10 minutes using that energy.
But his crossing is still abysmal.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: October 25, 2016, 10:31:31 pm »
Did anyone else notice him make the shittest successful tackle I've ever seen?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: October 25, 2016, 10:33:44 pm »
Superb performance tonight. Great going forward, and great defending.  Still, same old problems with daft decisions at the barber's persist.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: October 25, 2016, 10:39:08 pm »
Can't knock his fitness levels

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #575 on: October 25, 2016, 10:41:44 pm »
He's got to sort that hair out, like some lad in school with Eminem notions circa 2001

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #576 on: October 25, 2016, 10:42:27 pm »
What is he, a pair of tits?
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: October 25, 2016, 10:44:00 pm »
Much improved performance tonight.....still some way to go.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: October 25, 2016, 10:45:30 pm »
Oh yes, towards the end, middleish part of the pitch, did some weird kind of falling over thing. that one made me laugh out loud.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: October 25, 2016, 11:01:14 pm »

Haha yeah. It was so awkward and shite-looking that I know which one you're on about just by that description. I can't describe it
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #580 on: October 25, 2016, 11:18:06 pm »
That 'brain fart' is something Milner hasn't done all season but took Moreno all of one game back to achieve. Could've conceded a penalty as well.

Can't argue with that. He's a good lad to bring on for the last 20 minutes if we're five nil up.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #581 on: October 25, 2016, 11:42:52 pm »
Is it a crime to praise a player playing good? without getting digs in?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #582 on: October 25, 2016, 11:44:44 pm »
Is it a crime to praise a player playing good? without getting digs in?

No. who said it was?

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #583 on: October 25, 2016, 11:45:28 pm »
Like I said on the post match thread, he was good but with the caveat that he went absolutely awol towards the end of the game. That young lad spurs brought on had a 1v1 with Mignolet if his touch was better because he went hurtling forward and then walked back after the ball was lost. It's what like what Klopp told Emre about not bothering getting forward if you haven't the legs to get back after he'd taken over last season.

I don't know with him. You can teach a monkey (I would use Dogs but they're awesome so I'm not) tricks but at the end it's still going to be two bananas short of a fruit salad.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: October 25, 2016, 11:53:03 pm »
I thought he did really well tonight. There was a spell towards the end of the first half where we kept playing the ball over the top and down the line for him, and he'd protect it well before turning and running at them. Delivered a great ball on one of those occasions too, only to have it cut out by an excellent defensive touch.

Could do with him staying back at the end, but let's not pretend he's the only one who does it or even that he was the only one out of position on that occasion. He can be a really useful option for us, particularly as an attacking threat, but we need to get behind him.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: October 25, 2016, 11:53:03 pm »
Yeah, classic Albie that one. Another for the collection. He is to tackling what Ornette Coleman was to jazz.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #586 on: October 25, 2016, 11:58:26 pm »
Yeah, classic Albie that one. Another for the collection. He is to tackling what Ornette Coleman was to jazz.
:)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: October 26, 2016, 01:24:58 am »
Good game from him. Best player in the first half but seemed to tire towards the last 10/15mins of the game, probably due to a lack of match fitness.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: October 26, 2016, 01:28:58 am »

Haha yes, loved it.

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: October 26, 2016, 03:16:28 am »
Good professionalism. Good performance.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: October 26, 2016, 06:21:04 am »

And this one. Only Moreno could contemplate pulling tackles like these. :D

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #591 on: October 26, 2016, 01:29:42 pm »

He is wildly creative at both ends of the pitch, that's for sure. That creativity is what Klopp values. But a misunderstood creative genius like Ornette Coleman? Too funny.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #592 on: October 26, 2016, 02:03:16 pm »
Moreno played alright last night, still not used to that stupid blonde hair though.

As for the stupid yet successful tackle he pulled off in the 2nd half - the crowd clapped it and yes it was successful but it's that sort of tackle he tries and misses and then gives a goal away so I'm not sure he should be encouraged in doing them!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: October 26, 2016, 02:13:27 pm »
A solid game from him and hopefully he can keep building on this. Klopp has mentioned how good he's been in training a few times now in an attempt to send a message out to some of the fans that are extremely critical of him. There's an extremely good player in there somewhere if he can curtail some of his more extravagant plays. He's a superb athlete, has an excellent shot, his touch almost never lets him down and he has the confidence to try things in the opposition's third. There is a really really good player in there and I hope Klopp is the man to unlock that.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #594 on: October 26, 2016, 02:25:34 pm »

Milner is no left-back.

Really?i thought he's done well so far
JFT 96

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: October 26, 2016, 02:33:24 pm »
Really?i thought he's done well so far

So did I he has done more than ok considering it is not his normal position.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Collymore

• Boys Pen
« Reply #596 on: October 26, 2016, 02:56:38 pm »
It's the position from which he contributes the most to this team. I see no reason to not keep him at LB.

Offline heylookitsjacob

• 's Cream Crackers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #597 on: October 26, 2016, 08:45:03 pm »
You're spot on, but you're fighting a losing battle trying to explain that to fans that don't care.

I personally think Milner is a threat down the left flank. I don't have any statistics on me though. I've seen him cross well enough with his left foot. Not sure if the statistics bear my opinion out though.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #598 on: October 26, 2016, 09:04:15 pm »
to be fair to that person their post was from two months ago. Milner has established himself as a very good player so far in that position.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #599 on: October 27, 2016, 08:28:22 am »
He is wildly creative at both ends of the pitch, that's for sure. That creativity is what Klopp values. But a misunderstood creative genius like Ornette Coleman? Too funny.
I interviewed Ornette Coleman once for our student paper. He was a genius.

One day I will be able to interview Alberto. Then my life will be complete.