Author Topic: Ragnar Klavan  (Read 130548 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Liverpool complete deal to sign Ragnar Klavan
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2016, 10:56:24 pm »
There is something wrong with it. Proven by the fact he played a lad onside to score who would have ultimately been a mile off if he just held the line.

As I said. His general performance was quite good I thought, but he made a mistake for the first goal.
Amazing how you try and defend Moreno for his contribution to the goal yet seem quite assured Klaven is at fault.

He's tracking a runner who's trying to get in behind, we've been caught on a counter attack and the defence is all over the place. Nothing wrong in tracking his runner, if Moreno is in position nothing comes from it.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2016, 10:57:46 pm »
and the defence is all over the place. 
Lol, wonder why that was.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2016, 10:57:48 pm »
Its exactly what Skrtel used to do though.
It's nothing like it. Klavan is tracking a runner, Skrtel would start dropping to the six yard box the minute the opposition had the ball in our half.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2016, 10:58:16 pm »
Lol, wonder why that was.
Because Moreno is 15-yards higher than he should have been and we're being counter attacked.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2016, 10:59:30 pm »
No, I called Peter as MacRed after a few days of him being on here and turned out I was right. Knew you were a banned member back then, just not which.

You clearly are.

:lmao

Ok lad. Whatever makes you feel special about yourself. Who you 'outting' next, Sherlock?
Believe

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2016, 11:00:22 pm »
Amazing how you try and defend Moreno for his contribution to the goal yet seem quite assured Klaven is at fault.

He's tracking a runner who's trying to get in behind, we've been caught on a counter attack and the defence is all over the place. Nothing wrong in tracking his runner, if Moreno is in position nothing comes from it.

Where have I defended Moreno? He's had a shocker as well for going sprinting out of position.

As for trying to get in behind, there is literally nothing to get behind if he just stops. He'd be offside. I understand tracking a runner a couple yards after the defensive line but he's ran in 10 yards behind everyone else. It's a poor but of play. I'm not sure why that's so controversial to say? He's not prime Baresi, these things happen.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:02:06 pm by King Klopp. »
Believe

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2016, 11:00:54 pm »

Moreno was In the exact position he was meant to be in, the problem came when I think it was Coutinho lost the ball.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2016, 11:01:08 pm »
Ok lad. Whatever makes you feel special about yourself. Who you 'outting' next, Sherlock?

Is Sherlock a new member?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2016, 11:01:54 pm »
If Klavan knew where Moreno was he wouldn`t be tracking the runner, what would be the point if a player in a position to score would be wide open? It`s understanding with his new teammates, the guy is a fantastic defender.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2016, 11:03:38 pm »
Moreno was In the exact position he was meant to be in, the problem came when I think it was Coutinho lost the ball.
The exact position? He's 15-yards ahead of play and doesn't make any effort to get back when the ball is lost.

There's no need to start bombing forward that early, he's got pace, wait until we're in comfortable possession before you bomb forward. Clyne hardly ever gets caught out like that as he's clever enough to know when to go.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2016, 11:06:47 pm »
The exact position? He's 15-yards ahead of play and doesn't make any effort to get back when the ball is lost.

There's no need to start bombing forward that early, he's got pace, wait until we're in comfortable possession before you bomb forward. Clyne hardly ever gets caught out like that as he's clever enough to know when to go.
He's told to burst early, that's how you catch teams on the counter, but full backs were going very early through out the game..

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2016, 11:10:22 pm »
He's told to burst early, that's how you catch teams on the counter, but full backs were going very early through out the game..
How do you know what the instructions were to our full backs? Does that mean Clyne isn't following those instructions as he doesn't get caught too far forward?

Moreno's positional sense is poor, he's been caught too high far too often and teams are targeting that.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2016, 11:30:21 pm »
How do you know what the instructions were to our full backs? Does that mean Clyne isn't following those instructions as he doesn't get caught too far forward?

Moreno's positional sense is poor, he's been caught too high far too often and teams are targeting that.
Where else was our width coming from, are 3 forwards were playing very narrow probably targeting thier young centre backs, so moreno and clyne had to bomb forward.
Moreno's position sense is poor but in the second half today it was spot on the width he was giving us was very good, and I wouldn't blame him for Walcott's goal but there was other times Walcott got in behind when he shouldn't have been that he got away with

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2016, 11:34:46 pm »
If Klavan knew where Moreno was he wouldn`t be tracking the runner

If Klavan knew where Moreno was, he'd be on the phone, calling his mum to drag him by the ear back to fucking left back position.

But I digress. Despite the scoreline, very solid debut.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2016, 11:39:57 pm »

I agree with this. Yes our full backs are asked to bomb on, but there is a time and a place. Until we have full control of possession, the full backs need to hold their line. He's got to be aware of the players around him. Clyne does it well for the most part because he knows he has the pace to get involved in our attacks if he sets off later.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2016, 11:40:21 pm »
Hey this has been in the bank for a while now....  If it seems too harsh you could always go with "right out of bed' i suppose  ;D

Ragnar! Klaven!
He's our man and he's fucking amazin'
Anfields! been ravin
About Ragnar the Red.

Ragnar! Klaven!
His eyes are blazin'
and he's gonna kick you
right in the head

Ragnar the Red, Ragnar the Red, he's gonna kick you right the head, Ragnar the Red, Ragnar the Red, he's gonna kick you right in the head.

Its just got a ring to it.......

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2016, 11:55:54 pm »

His positional sense is as poor as you reading the game, Klavan played a man onside. Everyone else was further up the field the same shit you would be running in here to slate Skrtel with.

Moreno gets enough abuse as a whole from the nonsense he does no need to make stuff up, i am sure he will do something that warrants people to be angry.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #257 on: August 15, 2016, 12:06:21 am »
Moreno is not the last man but he is the one playing the entire Arsenal attack onside. He's too slow to get back when the ball returns to Arsenal possession so wtf are you doing instinctively playing a high line against Arsenal.

Klavan's shown to be a good signing so far. Reads the game so well. Hopefully a nice steady eddy type.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #258 on: August 15, 2016, 12:13:38 am »
I thought he had a decent game today
#JFT97

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #259 on: August 15, 2016, 01:06:19 am »
Very good debut. Eager to watch more to assess him more accurately.

Offline ReeNah

• Kopite
  • I bleed RED!
« Reply #260 on: August 15, 2016, 01:50:41 am »
Seemed mega composed and was great I thought. Unlucky Walcott's shot went just under his sliding tackle. An inch lower and he could have saved that goal. Composed and could see him being a really relaible left back when Sahko comes back.
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail"
Benjamin Franklin

Offline imnofreak

• Anny Roader
« Reply #261 on: August 15, 2016, 03:34:33 am »
He's got a bit about him, that's for sure.

Composed, plays the ball well but doesn't fuck around when he has to defend.

I like him.

Strange to think our 'main' CB signing (Matip) is going to have a fight on his hands to get into the XI at present.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 15, 2016, 06:35:19 am »
Klavan was tracking Sanchez(I think) for the goal .Hardly a fault if that makes him play Walcott onside for the goal.

I don't think the defense can be faulted for the first goal much .We were in transition to attack and got caught out by the speed of Arsenal attack .

The real issue there was losing the ball in Midfield when under not much pressure . Lallana is the major culprit in the goal.

As for the 3rd it was off side .We held a reasonably high line and 3 of their players were offside .It's linesmen fault for not giving it .

Still we are not going to face too many teams with the pace and movement Arsenal this season so defensively we did well imo.Apart from the loss of concentration for their 2nd
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 07:15:17 am by BeautifulGame91 »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2016, 07:02:20 am »
His positional sense is as poor as you reading the game, Klavan played a man onside. Everyone else was further up the field the same shit you would be running in here to slate Skrtel with.

Moreno gets enough abuse as a whole from the nonsense he does no need to make stuff up, i am sure he will do something that warrants people to be angry.
Perhaps you should learn to read before you post and you'd see I've already said how what Klavan done is far different to what Skrtel used to do.

Offline Scouserpool

• Legacy Fan
  • https://twitter.com/Thommas86
« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2016, 08:30:17 am »
Is this the Klavan or Moreno thread? I'm confused.

I think Klavan did very good yesterday in his debut. Composed an good on the ball, amazing signing if he continue his form!
PSN: delete_one

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life." Brendan Rodgers

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2016, 09:23:47 am »
Lallana is the major culprit in the goal.
It was still 4v4 after he was dispossessed. I`m sure we`ll be better organized next time.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2016, 09:35:57 am »
He did okay yesterday but I'd be surprised if he emerged as anything more than a back up option and fully expect Sakho to come back into fold at some point; him and Lovern were starting to form a partnership towards end of last season so I think JK will go back to that once Sakho regains his fitness.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2016, 02:21:41 pm »
Great piece of business getting him in for a small fee. A good upgrade on Skrtel.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2016, 02:23:21 pm »
He did okay yesterday but I'd be surprised if he emerged as anything more than a back up option and fully expect Sakho to come back into fold at some point; him and Lovern were starting to form a partnership towards end of last season so I think JK will go back to that once Sakho regains his fitness.
More likely it will be Matip ,our first choice pairing with Lovren ,once he regains match fitness .

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 16, 2016, 02:24:11 pm »
Enjoy his vocal leadership amongst other things.  What a buy
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2016, 12:00:27 am »
Is this the Klavan or Moreno thread? I'm confused.

I think Klavan did very good yesterday in his debut. Composed an good on the ball, amazing signing if he continue his form!

Every thread is the Moreno bashing thread at the moment.
Anyway, back to King Ragnar. Solid debut, good in the air and good with his feet. Looks a steal so far.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2016, 08:02:27 am »
More likely it will be Matip ,our first choice pairing with Lovren ,once he regains match fitness .

Hasn't Klopp said Matip and Lovren are his right sided centre backs and Sakho and Klavan for the left? Glad this bollocks with Lovren only playing on the left has been sorted, his form seemed to pick up with it too. Obviously I'm not saying Matip and Lovren or Sakho and Klavan could never be first choice, but I assume more often than not it'll be one of Lovren/Matip with one of Sakho/Klavan.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2016, 08:03:41 am »
Hasn't Klopp said Matip and Lovren are his right sided centre backs and Sakho and Klavan for the left? Glad this bollocks with Lovren only playing on the left has been sorted, his form seemed to pick up with it too. Obviously I'm not saying Matip and Lovren or Sakho and Klavan could never be first choice, but I assume more often than not it'll be one of Lovren/Matip with one of Sakho/Klavan.
He hasn't said anything specific like that as far as I know .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2016, 08:07:53 am »
He hasn't said anything specific like that as far as I know .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I'm sure I've read a quote somewhere, cannot remember where though! Maybe someone else knows. I could be talking balls but it does make sense. Two right footers and two left footers, it gives a better balance.

On Klavan, I love him already. He's a tough bastard (finally we have one), can play a bit but also knows when to just send that ball into orbit which we've been missing. Sure when he gets an understanding with everybody a bit more he will shine brighter when called upon. I could certainly see him forcing his way into the starting line up as he has skills and qualities we have lacked.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2016, 09:34:54 am »
Think the boss likes him.  ;)

Wonder what Klopp is doing with his right hand.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2016, 10:21:02 am »
Klavan set to be another cult hero?

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2016, 11:35:09 am »
I reckon it'll be Matip and Klavan as our first choice cb's. For starters Klopp brought them in Lovren and Sakho really haven't been that great for us.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2016, 11:37:35 am »
I reckon it'll be Matip and Klavan as our first choice cb's. For starters Klopp brought them in Lovren and Sakho really haven't been that great for us.

Klavan was brought in as cover though, Klopp spoke of this prior to signing him.

Seriously doubt he had the intention he was coming in to replace one of the starters.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2016, 03:04:37 pm »
Klavan was brought in as cover though, Klopp spoke of this prior to signing him.

Seriously doubt he had the intention he was coming in to replace one of the starters.
But if the cover ends up better than the starter?

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2016, 03:31:44 pm »
He's a very intelligent player, calm, good passer of the ball. Only 30 years old, which is young still for a centre half. It's too soon to say but he's looking like a good signing so far, he's definitely exceeded my expectations.