Author Topic: Autocup  (Read 533810 times)

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Autocup
« Reply #2240 on: July 2, 2019, 05:51:46 pm »
People probably don't want to hear this but an increase in capacity also reduces chances of final tickets...

Not that that's the be all and end all - but if we had a 70k stadium, those ballot chances get slimmer and slimmer.

Not if it was based on 3 or 4 years of credit history

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #2241 on: July 2, 2019, 06:10:11 pm »
What I don't understand is why have the ACS for all three competitions on sale at the same time at all. Especially after saying people wouldn't be guaranteed a ticket.

I mean we don't enter the FA cup until January, why not have the ACS sale for that in November a week before the 2nd bulk members sale. Especially as like the league Cup we're not even guaranteed any fixtures at home.
Just stop. Your common sense and reasonable arguments are not required at the LFC ticket office! ;)
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2242 on: July 2, 2019, 06:15:00 pm »
What I don't understand is why have the ACS for all three competitions on sale at the same time at all. Especially after saying people wouldn't be guaranteed a ticket.

I mean we don't enter the FA cup until January, why not have the ACS sale for that in November a week before the 2nd bulk members sale. Especially as like the league Cup we're not even guaranteed any fixtures at home.

In that parallel world you'd have people complaining that they had to do something 3 times when they could just do it once.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2243 on: July 2, 2019, 06:21:02 pm »
As I’ve never been in this situation before what are my chances of getting a ticket in the normal champions league sale if I’m on 6 from last season? Is it going to be another dogfight like today?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2244 on: July 2, 2019, 06:25:35 pm »
As I’ve never been in this situation before what are my chances of getting a ticket in the normal champions league sale if I’m on 6 from last season? Is it going to be another dogfight like today?

I'd guess the group stages you'll be fine. Knockouts will be different (if we get there)

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2245 on: July 2, 2019, 06:26:09 pm »

First game v easy

Second and third a bit harder

Knockouts an ever increasing dog fight

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
« Reply #2246 on: July 2, 2019, 06:29:17 pm »
I'd guess the group stages you'll be fine. Knockouts will be different (if we get there)

Porto dropped to 1 credit and that was last 16
Edit: Quarter finals
« Last Edit: July 2, 2019, 06:49:29 pm by qBlaz3 »

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2247 on: July 2, 2019, 06:32:47 pm »
In that parallel world you'd have people complaining that they had to do something 3 times when they could just do it once.

Phil - they could easily done the League Cup draw another day - the demand is much less for that.  As for the FA Cup that could have been much later in the year.  I am guessing you didn't have to battle the queue this morning? If you had you would soon change your mind.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2248 on: July 2, 2019, 06:39:21 pm »
Porto dropped to 1 credit and that was last 16

It was quarter finals!

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2249 on: July 2, 2019, 06:39:40 pm »
Phil - they could easily done the League Cup draw another day - the demand is much less for that.  As for the FA Cup that could have been much later in the year.  I am guessing you didn't have to battle the queue this morning? If you had you would soon change your mind.

I didn't say they couldn't. But if they did three separate sales there'd be people complaining they had to do it three times when they could have done it once. And yeah, I did it this morning for mates. Surely if it was a battle, it isn't something you want to do another two times?
« Last Edit: July 2, 2019, 06:41:19 pm by Hightown Phil »

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2250 on: July 2, 2019, 06:45:38 pm »
I didn't say they couldn't. But if they did three separate sales there'd be people complaining they had to do it three times when they could have done it once. And yeah, I did it this morning for mates. Surely if it was a battle, it isn't something you want to do another two times?

The demand isn't as much for the other cups though.  It was definitely much harder this year - all our crew got the Kop pretty easily last year, seated together.  Today, some did, and I ended up in the Upper Annie  ::), so I am seriously pissed off and want to moan  >:(.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #2251 on: July 2, 2019, 07:11:24 pm »
The demand isn't as much for the other cups though.  It was definitely much harder this year - all our crew got the Kop pretty easily last year, seated together.  Today, some did, and I ended up in the Upper Annie  ::), so I am seriously pissed off and want to moan  >:(.
I got Kop last year for LC with no credits, today lower Kenny, granted there was Kop singles but in the corners and it was 1pm but definitely less than last year I think

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2252 on: July 2, 2019, 07:23:00 pm »

People will piss and moan regardless. The point is that whatever makes things smoother and less chaotic on the website for each sale should be considered.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2253 on: July 2, 2019, 07:35:37 pm »
When would a potential ACS sale take place if it went to all members? Working tomorrow so trying to get an idea.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2254 on: July 2, 2019, 08:24:55 pm »
When would a potential ACS sale take place if it went to all members? Working tomorrow so trying to get an idea.
I would guess next week. It should go down to members with 1 first and that would be Thursday at the earliest and more likely Friday since the members sale starts on thursday for disabled access

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #2255 on: July 2, 2019, 08:26:23 pm »

I’d be surprised if it was dropped this week personally... but why try to 2nd guess our ticket office
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2256 on: July 2, 2019, 08:26:27 pm »
If you get in handy you’re glad all 3 are open in one go as you only have to worry once. But if you get a shit wait time you will be cursing it was all 3 together.

It’s all how’s your luck

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2257 on: July 2, 2019, 08:31:40 pm »
If you get in handy you’re glad all 3 are open in one go as you only have to worry once. But if you get a shit wait time you will be cursing it was all 3 together.

It’s all how’s your luck

Yep, bit like the bulk sales - one duff internet connection or slow getting in and half your season's fucked, but on a good day you're glad it's all sorted in one go rather than the old way of individual sales.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline I am new

• t gingrich's reincarnated soul
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96 YNWA
« Reply #2258 on: July 2, 2019, 08:45:58 pm »
Gutted I didnt get anything in the european acs after having over a 2 hour waiting time  :(   Just got to hope I get sorted in the late availability sales
« Last Edit: July 2, 2019, 08:48:30 pm by I am new »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2259 on: July 2, 2019, 08:58:34 pm »
I would guess next week. It should go down to members with 1 first and that would be Thursday at the earliest and more likely Friday since the members sale starts on thursday for disabled access

I’d be surprised if it was dropped this week personally... but why try to 2nd guess our ticket office
Thanks lads.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #2260 on: July 2, 2019, 09:59:31 pm »

Would there be that many people who went just the one game? I imagine if you bothered with one you'd more than likely be at both. Unless there is a large number for this criteria I can see them just giving it to members with no credits needed.

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2261 on: July 2, 2019, 10:55:58 pm »

If you’ve got 6 you’ll have no bother until the semi finals
I’ve got stuck on 5 for last two seasons and qf was tight. Semis they had about 100 left

Offline HighFlyingBirds

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2262 on: July 2, 2019, 11:23:01 pm »
If you’ve got 6 you’ll have no bother until the semi finals
I’ve got stuck on 5 for last two seasons and qf was tight. Semis they had about 100 left

100% this
Twitter @robjpLFC

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #2263 on: July 3, 2019, 01:55:18 am »
The first season it was introduced managed to get me and my nephew sorted for most games but it’s more difficult now. If you have more than a 2 min wait it’s sold out, then you’re refreshing hoping for a ticket drop. Then about 8.45 they release the bulk that have been returned from peoples baskets!!!

Worth a try and they count as a European/League credit

Okay cheers mate

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2264 on: July 3, 2019, 03:58:19 am »
The first season it was introduced managed to get me and my nephew sorted for most games but it’s more difficult now. If you have more than a 2 min wait it’s sold out, then you’re refreshing hoping for a ticket drop. Then about 8.45 they release the bulk that have been returned from peoples baskets!!!

Worth a try and they count as a European/League credit

Same for me, in first year got virtually every game I wanted 2 tickets, not always together but got 2.  Last season didn’t get 1 ticket in any of the sales and what’s worse you know a high% are being sold on.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #2265 on: July 3, 2019, 08:05:00 am »
Would there be that many people who went just the one game? I imagine if you bothered with one you'd more than likely be at both. Unless there is a large number for this criteria I can see them just giving it to members with no credits needed.

I know of a couple of lads who only have West Brom but not Everton
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2266 on: July 3, 2019, 09:08:10 am »
I'm in this boat as well as I couldn't make the Friday night game due to work. 

They should, and probably will, reduce it to members with 1 before they reduce it to all members even if they do two sales on the same day.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2267 on: July 3, 2019, 09:33:02 am »
There'll be loads with just the West Brom credit, because they didn't bring many fans, whereas Everton had the full 6,000.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #2268 on: July 3, 2019, 09:33:08 am »
I only went to the West Brom game. Had two in my basket for Everton, went to pay and got kicked out. Back in eventually and sold out. Strangely enough, the demand for tickets for the West Brom game wasn't there so I was able to grab a couple
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #2269 on: July 3, 2019, 11:48:04 am »
My bad. I had the ACS and forgot the Ev brought 6k so was probably a bit of a scramble for a derby.

I'm in this boat as well as I couldn't make the Friday night game due to work. 

They should, and probably will, reduce it to members with 1 before they reduce it to all members even if they do two sales on the same day.

Agreed they really should drop it to 1. But wouldn't put it past them

Offline The Klapp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2270 on: July 3, 2019, 09:16:47 pm »
I'm a member with no credits, am I not able to enroll in the FA or League Cup schemes? When I try & reserve my seat I get this...

'One or more of the customer numbers listed below do not qualify for all of the selected matches at this time. Please remove these items from your basket or allocate them to those of your "Friends and Family" that do qualify. You can review the selling criteria for all matches at www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets'

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2271 on: July 3, 2019, 09:17:41 pm »
No, you need previous credits.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: July 3, 2019, 09:18:08 pm »
I'm a member with no credits, am I not able to enroll in the FA or League Cup schemes? When I try & reserve my seat I get this...

'One or more of the customer numbers listed below do not qualify for all of the selected matches at this time. Please remove these items from your basket or allocate them to those of your "Friends and Family" that do qualify. You can review the selling criteria for all matches at www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets'

Not yet

Previous history needed

Both will drop to members in time

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2273 on: July 3, 2019, 09:18:09 pm »

You need the Chelsea game from last year, Everton and WBA from 17/18 to enroll atm, this should drop to all members soon so keep an eye on website

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2274 on: July 3, 2019, 10:13:09 pm »
I don't want to rub it in at all to anyone who missed out but I was actually surprised by how easy it was to get on the Champions League auto-cup. I queued for around ninety minutes and was expecting to be in a scrap for the least few seats by the time I got through, but there were plenty left at 11.30am. Did they increase the number of auto-cup seats for this?
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 11:29:00 pm by Paragon »
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2275 on: July 3, 2019, 10:17:07 pm »
I don't want to rub it in at all to anyone who missed out but I was actually surprised by how easy it was to get on the Champions League auto-cup. I queued for around ninety minutes and was expecting to be in a scrap for the least few seats by the time I got through, but there were plenty left at 10.30am. Did they increase the number of auto-cup seats for this?
Sold out at about 1pm so 3 hrs it was up

Offline BigYan

• Main Stander
« Reply #2276 on: July 3, 2019, 10:32:40 pm »
I don't want to rub it in at all to anyone who missed out but I was actually surprised by how easy it was to get on the Champions League auto-cup. I queued for around ninety minutes and was expecting to be in a scrap for the least few seats by the time I got through, but there were plenty left at 10.30am. Did they increase the number of auto-cup seats for this?
If you logged on at 10:30 you only queued for 30 mins and were reasonably early to select your seats. The sale started at 10:00 and in theory the site opened just after 10:00.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: July 3, 2019, 11:28:38 pm »
If you logged on at 10:30 you only queued for 30 mins and were reasonably early to select your seats. The sale started at 10:00 and in theory the site opened just after 10:00.

My mistake; I logged in at 10:00 like most and got through at 11:30! Have corrected the original post.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline jonesygeez

• Main Stander
« Reply #2278 on: July 4, 2019, 08:19:30 am »
yeah i think % wise it was a decent amount of tickets, however some still missed out which shouldn't happen........they've got to look at it next year.  I still personally think it should go back to europa so

europa x6
europa x3
europa x1

then champs league x 12
cl x6

got to be some sliding scale!

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #2279 on: July 4, 2019, 09:07:31 am »
I love the auto cup
Sir, the cash monies?