21 (6.5%)
Labour
70 (21.8%)
GP
11 (3.4%)
Ind/Others
77 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 321

Author Topic: The Irish Politics Thread.  (Read 460776 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Irish Politics Thread.
« Reply #6040 on: March 29, 2024, 04:39:29 pm »
Publicly commenting on a court case
You might be in contempt of court if you speak publicly or post on social media.

For example, you should not:

say whether you think a person is guilty or innocent
refer to someone’s previous convictions
name someone the judge has allowed to be anonymous, even if you did not know this
name victims, witnesses and offenders under 18
name sex crime victims
share any evidence or facts about a case that the judge has said cannot be made public

Probably worth posting this so the thread can continue without anyone/rawk getting into bother.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6041 on: March 29, 2024, 04:45:11 pm »
That first point is just hillarious.
I mean, fair enough if you're a member of the jury, but any random on the internet?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6042 on: March 29, 2024, 05:04:54 pm »
Beeb has just confirmed Donaldson is charged with rape with 2 female victims involved.  Apparently the investigation has been ongoing for a couple of months

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6043 on: March 29, 2024, 05:54:21 pm »
That first point is just hillarious.
I mean, fair enough if you're a member of the jury, but any random on the internet?

Not all randoms on the internet have the same standing/following, so I get why they've stipulated this.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6044 on: March 29, 2024, 06:02:59 pm »
Beeb has just confirmed Donaldson is charged with rape with 2 female victims involved.  Apparently the investigation has been ongoing for a couple of months

It's always the most pious ones, isn't it.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #6045 on: March 29, 2024, 06:16:22 pm »

Ah so the shite earlier about paedophiles was just........shite.

Let the courts do their jobs and stop adding needless speculation and Twitter Twatter.
#JFT97

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6046 on: March 29, 2024, 07:27:40 pm »
It's amazing how many awful animals became quite powerful in Northern Ireland politics. The troubles up there really stirred some awful shyte to the top, who were responsible for the death of many innocent people and today is another example of how rotten the system was and still is. You have to wonder how many of those in charge tried to bury this investigation into Donaldson n hats off to those who were brave enough to press ahead for justice.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6047 on: March 29, 2024, 07:41:02 pm »

Let the courts do their jobs and stop adding needless speculation and Twitter Twatter.

The ages of the victims hasn’t been mentioned. Given the historicity of the accusations, it can’t be assumed they were adults or minors.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6048 on: March 29, 2024, 07:45:16 pm »
It's amazing how many awful animals became quite powerful in Northern Ireland politics. The troubles up there really stirred some awful shyte to the top, who were responsible for the death of many innocent people and today is another example of how rotten the system was and still is. You have to wonder how many of those in charge tried to bury this investigation into Donaldson n hats off to those who were brave enough to press ahead for justice.

Seeing Jim allistair and Bryson trying to exploit this is pretty vile.

While I get the schadenfreude of the pious, family values DUP (again) letting the mask slip, this is a human tragedy with victims at the heart of it.

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6049 on: March 29, 2024, 07:53:00 pm »
And yet people will still vote for the DUP in their droves.

Whether or not the allegations are true it won’t have much impact on the next election. People will just vote for the local representative that’s on their team. Unionism is dying a slow death but in general I don’t expect all that big a movement in seats. Even the voting is a bit of a farce (although I realise the historical reasoning for it), preference voting just means you pick all the candidates on your side without really knowing anything about them. I’ll pick all 6 or so candidates either sitting on the fence or on my side. I started putting greens as first preference because I’m so fed up with it all but they never get in.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6050 on: March 29, 2024, 07:57:44 pm »
Is it too early to call him a nonce?

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6051 on: March 29, 2024, 08:06:35 pm »
Is it too early to call him a nonce?

Yeah it’s too early, I’ve seen varying news articles about the age of victims. Better letting it play out and not making assumptions.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6052 on: March 29, 2024, 08:39:37 pm »
I haven’t checked as I don’t want to give them a click, but apparently while every news outlet has this in their top 1-3 stories, the Daily Mail has it buried far from the top items.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6053 on: March 29, 2024, 09:30:48 pm »
If ever you needed reminding what a fucking spanner Jim is.

TUV leader Jim Allister said Mr Donaldson's resignation has "very wide ramifications for unionism".

He said: "The damage is not limited to his party but impacts unionism as a whole.

"Unionism was already divided by the Donaldson deal. This needs to be a cathartic moment for unionism.

"Unionism must steady itself and cut adrift the Donaldson folly of accepting an Irish Sea border and rule by EU law."

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2024/0329/1440750-donaldson-reax/

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #6054 on: March 29, 2024, 09:41:31 pm »
The ages of the victims hasn’t been mentioned. Given the historicity of the accusations, it can’t be assumed they were adults or minors.

No the ages have not been mentioned and I don’t know when they will be. However I would have expected that the police would be specific on the charges. Maybe that doesn’t come out until later.

Too many people jumping to conclusions and speculation. Wait and see.
#JFT97

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6055 on: March 29, 2024, 10:33:51 pm »
No the ages have not been mentioned and I don’t know when they will be. However I would have expected that the police would be specific on the charges. Maybe that doesn’t come out until later.

Too many people jumping to conclusions and speculation. Wait and see.

Precisely what I was advocating for. Available information is that it was a historic rape and sexual crime against two females. There was nothing to say who they are or what ages they were at the time. And I imagine because of the unique profile of the accused, the police are being guarded with their information. We likely won’t know anything until the court case.

Thing is, if this is true, and if they’re not minors it hardly makes it much better does it? Like, it’s not like we can say ‘oh thank goodness he’s only a rapist and not a pedo.’ If he did what he’s accused of, and especially against those who are rumoured to be the victims, he’s beyond vile.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 10:39:48 pm by thejbs »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6056 on: March 29, 2024, 11:01:12 pm »

Not necessarily.  The charges relate to ‘historic abuse’, so no-one (except obviously him, victim/s and police) knows the ages of those involved.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6057 on: March 30, 2024, 02:25:36 pm »
There’s also this report before the names were known:

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/husband-wife-co-down-charged-28907532

Husband and wife from Co Down charged with series of historical sexual offences against two children

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6058 on: March 30, 2024, 02:51:28 pm »
That’s the one I had read Jbs, time will tell.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6059 on: March 30, 2024, 02:56:45 pm »

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/husband-wife-co-down-charged-28907532

Refreshing, at least its not the Catholic Church, for once.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online calvin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6060 on: April 5, 2024, 10:16:35 am »

He has two daughters and the report states two children were abused. The ages of the accused are the same as Donaldson and his wife. It happened in Co. Down and that's where he's from. This is awful if it's true. 

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6061 on: April 10, 2024, 12:07:31 am »
What an absolutely brilliant speech by Mary Lou in the dail today. She reminds me of Tony Blair or Barack Obama.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #6062 on: April 18, 2024, 05:25:48 pm »
The Stardust Inquiry verdict of unlawful killing is fantastic news to an amazing group of families that should resonate with the members of this forum.

Stardust families march towards the Garden of Remembrance as You’ll Never Walk Alone plays

https://twitter.com/SeanMJourno/status/1780971965576085513?t=xr_Hgu84eI9eVBEaD-hI1Q&s=19

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6063 on: Yesterday at 03:48:10 am »
Not an isolated incident. Most of whole world would have been on fire if locals had of done the same when all the Irish arrived in their countries over the past 300 years.

Six arrested as gardaí came under attack after fires lit at site slated to house asylum seekers in Wicklow

Six people were arrested, gardaí “came under attack” and fires were lit at a site slated to house 160 asylum seekers in Newtownmountkennedy, Co Wicklow, on Thursday night.

Gardaí came under attack from rocks and missiles, while an axe was also recovered at the scene. Three garda cars were damaged, including several broken windows and tyres being slashed, during the incident.

Gardaí also “used force to defend themselves as part of an escalated response,” a spokesperson said.

The garda public order unit has been deployed and videos from the scene showed people attempting to breach the grounds, which have been sealed off, as a large fire burned at the entrance of the property. It is not clear if any damage has been caused to the property.

“Gardaí on duty outside a premises in Newtownmountkennedy came under attack by persons gathered at the location,” a garda spokesperson said.

“This incident has developed as a result of workers, contracted to carry out lawful employment on the site, entering the site. A number of trespassers were also identified on and removed from the site last night.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/six-arrested-as-gardai-came-under-attack-after-fires-lit-at-site-slated-to-house-asylum-seekers-in-wicklow/a1618585359.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.