Poll

I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God

I shall say this humbly and with all my heart! God Save the King!
I shall mumble this somewhat
Meh
Not too happy about this
What a load of shite
I like Cheese, but not Royal Cheese. Royal cheese sucks ass!

Author Topic: The Monarchy*  (Read 187519 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Monarchy
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2022, 05:07:29 pm »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2022, 05:54:51 pm »
How the Queen successfully lobied government to change the law to allow her to keep details of her private wealth secret

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/07/revealed-queen-lobbied-for-change-in-law-to-hide-her-private-wealth

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2022, 06:17:17 pm »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2022, 06:20:05 pm »
Abolishing the monarchy is probably not achievable, and has every chance of leaving us in a Tory led dictatorship, so I don't think it's a worthwhile fight from a pragmatic point of view.

We're getting a Tory led dictatorship anyway, only question is how long until it happens.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2022, 06:27:14 pm »
Abolish the monarchy immediately you don't need to behead em but yknow thank you Elizabeth you did a fine job as the last Queen now fuck off and have your rabble get down the Jobshop

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2022, 08:10:30 am »
Royal Spending, the bulk covered by the tax payer, has reached £102m, up £14m.  Fucking absurd at any time, especially so during a period where people are struggling to feed their families.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2022, 10:44:28 am »
Royal Spending, the bulk covered by the tax payer, has reached £102m, up £14m.  Fucking absurd at any time, especially so during a period where people are struggling to feed their families.

Didn't they help the Queen update one of her homes for 400m. This is shite, especially as they couldn't help with the cost of cladding (which would have prevented Grenfell)

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2022, 10:52:36 am »

Dodgy Dave Cameron inserted a clause in 2012 saying that the Queen's income cannot go down, whatever the state of the economy.

https://twitter.com/theipaper/status/1542414649076994048

i newspaper
@theipaper

But the existence of a so-called “golden ratchet” clause, inserted by former prime minister David Cameron’s government in 2012, means the level of the grant cannot be reduced whatever the state of the economy.

The cruelties & insecurities of the free market for you plebs, but not for us.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 1, 2022, 10:24:42 pm »

That payment for Andrew’s court case put a dent in one’s purse.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 3, 2022, 03:44:50 pm »
I don’t know how anyone can support the Monarchy (the establishment).   All they do is take take take and in the past throw millions to their deaths

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2022, 04:32:00 pm »
Always nauseating seeing the Royal box at Wimbledon. UK tennis always feels a bit elitist and snobbery

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2022, 11:13:25 pm »
Always nauseating seeing the Royal box at Wimbledon. UK tennis always feels a bit elitist and snobbery

Probably why British tennis players performance is so pathetic.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2022, 11:10:52 am »

That's because it is. Unfortunately unless you have money, the chances of you making it in Tennis are slim to none and the British Tennis Association don't give any real help in terms of helping young kids have easy access to courts. Instead its about allowing rich, fat, middle age c*nts play all the time and are priced as such.

Its the same for many sports in this country. For all we lambast football in this country, it at least is very accessible for all sections of society.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2022, 02:00:29 pm »

Enjoyable article:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prince-george-sweltering-suit-justification-091944094.html

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2022, 02:45:52 pm »
That's because it is. Unfortunately unless you have money, the chances of you making it in Tennis are slim to none and the British Tennis Association don't give any real help in terms of helping young kids have easy access to courts. Instead its about allowing rich, fat, middle age c*nts play all the time and are priced as such.

Its the same for many sports in this country. For all we lambast football in this country, it at least is very accessible for all sections of society.

and they are happy for it to stay like this - would rather no british winners for decades than some normal kid from a council estate. I remember being a kid and jeremy bates being the only highlight for brits and lots of people on tv 'why can't we produce a winner' even as a kid i said to my parents its because hardly anyone gets a chance.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2022, 02:47:46 pm »
You need to dress like a bellend even going to some club courts

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2022, 07:12:28 pm »
The paparazzi and their invasive telephoto-lenses. Disgraceful. I mean, who wants to see that!?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:05:05 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2022, 07:36:55 pm »
The paparazzi and their invasive photo-lenses. Disgraceful. I mean, who wants to see that!?

Flagshaggers
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 07:45:04 pm by Machae »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2022, 03:58:10 pm »
and they are happy for it to stay like this - would rather no british winners for decades than some normal kid from a council estate. I remember being a kid and jeremy bates being the only highlight for brits and lots of people on tv 'why can't we produce a winner' even as a kid i said to my parents its because hardly anyone gets a chance.
Where I grew up in Ireland there was a tennis club, but only rich kids with DUP voting parents could ever afford to go, I lived on a council estate and all we had was football and GAA, hockey/cricket/rugby were regarded as "Protestant" sports, so if you did want to play them you'd likely have gotten your head kicked in walking through the staunchly Loyalist estates to get to the clubs, thankfully it's changed completely now, as my son plays rugby, but as with the poster I quoted, those sports were ringfenced by either expense or religious division.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2022, 10:30:43 am »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2022, 10:55:38 am »
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2022, 11:01:35 am »
The Guardian seems to be coming out with an exclusive on this rancid mob nearly every other day now. What has changed?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2022, 03:01:02 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/15/sandringham-estate-police-barred-investigating-wildlife-crime

Says it all really.    Get rid of the lot of them
It is totally unacceptable to have people exempt from law. This, surely, should not need to be stated.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2022, 05:07:07 pm »
The Guardian seems to be coming out with an exclusive on this rancid mob nearly every other day now. What has changed?

Even a fucked clock...

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2022, 06:52:29 pm »
Norm had the right idea.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BxnK08UN6mk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BxnK08UN6mk</a>

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2022, 06:26:48 pm »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2022, 07:33:02 pm »

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2022, 11:46:32 pm »
Saw a pic of one of the Queens guards having to be given water by a police officer during the guard ceremony. I mean that's bollocks isn't it, wearing a shit hat in 40 degrees and still having to do that bollocks for tradition.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2022, 03:55:14 pm »
Saw a pic of one of the Queens guards having to be given water by a police officer during the guard ceremony. I mean that's bollocks isn't it, wearing a shit hat in 40 degrees and still having to do that bollocks for tradition.

They actually have a 'fainting to attention' protocol, where the poor bastards who faint are supposed to do it with 'dignity.'  Apparently this involves going down on one knee before planting yourself face first into the ground...

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2022, 05:25:57 pm »
Not really educated enough on the intricacies of politics etc but why, if the monarchy is abolished, does it have to be replaced by anything? Would the PM not just become head of state?
YNWA

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2022, 12:12:20 pm »
Not really educated enough on the intricacies of politics etc but why, if the monarchy is abolished, does it have to be replaced by anything? Would the PM not just become head of state?
The Queen has a bunch of powers that she can't really use; she is commander in chief of the armed forces, she can declare war, she can dissolve parliaments, chose the prime minister etc.  The main advantage to her having those powers is really just that she prevents other people from having them.  If the monarchy didn't exist, you would have to give those powers to someone else, and I think we've seen enough evidence over the last few years (actually just the last couple of weeks!) that you wouldn't want to just hand them over to President Truss.

If the monarchy was abolished you'd have to come up with another set of checks and balances.  Even if you just replaced it with some kind of ceremonial head of state that was basically a bit cheaper and less noncey.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2022, 12:22:43 pm »
The Queen has a bunch of powers that she can't really use; she is commander in chief of the armed forces, she can declare war, she can dissolve parliaments, chose the prime minister etc.  The main advantage to her having those powers is really just that she prevents other people from having them.  If the monarchy didn't exist, you would have to give those powers to someone else, and I think we've seen enough evidence over the last few years (actually just the last couple of weeks!) that you wouldn't want to just hand them over to President Truss.

If the monarchy was abolished you'd have to come up with another set of checks and balances.  Even if you just replaced it with some kind of ceremonial head of state that was basically a bit cheaper and less noncey.

Thats all correct of course but has there been a modern example of the monarchy saying no?.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2022, 12:42:55 pm »
Thats all correct of course but has there been a modern example of the monarchy saying no?.

Did she not do it in Australia at some point?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2022, 01:04:29 pm »

I cant find anything on google to suggest it

"The last bill that was refused assent by the Sovereign was the Scottish Militia Bill during Queen Anne's reign in 1708."

If Johnson can be found illegally proroguing parliament by pulling the wool over her eyes, then the mon3archy is pretty pointless as a political check. 
Its just cutting ribbons and laying wreaths (she didnt even do that this year)

Ill do that for £10,000,000 a year and save the tax payer a fortune
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2022, 02:08:39 pm »
I don't think so, but that's because the thought of it was so terrible that no one has put her in that position.  There was speculation in the last couple of weeks for example that she might have had to refuse Boris a general election if he asked for one.  The fact that she would have had to refuse meant that he couldn't ask in the first place.
Think you're referring to the 1975 crisis which I don't really understand to be honest.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2022, 02:27:09 pm »
I don't think so, but that's because the thought of it was so terrible that no one has put her in that position.  There was speculation in the last couple of weeks for example that she might have had to refuse Boris a general election if he asked for one. The fact that she would have had to refuse meant that he couldn't ask in the first place.Think you're referring to the 1975 crisis which I don't really understand to be honest.

Really, I didnt know that about the GE.  Thats pissed me off, why would one. refuse an election.
-

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2022, 02:34:24 pm »

Really, I didnt know that about the GE.  Thats pissed me off, why would one. refuse an election.
-
Because the Conservatives had an 80 odd seat majority, so were perfectly capable of forming a government.  They just had a Boris shaped issue they needed to deal with.

The principle is that if the election would be damaging to the economy (and they normally are) then you need a better reason to hold one than just saving Boris' skin.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2022, 02:40:56 pm »
Because the Conservatives had an 80 odd seat majority, so were perfectly capable of forming a government.  They just had a Boris shaped issue they needed to deal with.

The principle is that if the election would be damaging to the economy (and they normally are) then you need a better reason to hold one than just saving Boris' skin.

and it might have brought us a Labour government.   

Democracy isnt perfect, but surely if that fat lying twat won by another clear majority, he deserves to keep his job?

Getting off topic now sorry

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2022, 02:51:01 pm »
It's Johnson. Or that fat corrupt gobshite. Using his adopted first name implies some kind of acceptance.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2022, 02:59:38 pm »
and it might have brought us a Labour government.   

Democracy isnt perfect, but surely if that fat lying twat won by another clear majority, he deserves to keep his job?

Getting off topic now sorry
Honestly I don't think anyone really knows what would have happened if he'd asked for one.  The principle is that he'd be refused, but it's just a principle and I doubt the Queen would really want to get involved.
It's Johnson. Or that fat corrupt gobshite. Using his adopted first name implies some kind of acceptance.
While I agree with you, I didn't want use his full name because the autocorrect kind of kills the flow of what you're saying.