Author Topic: Garth Crooks  (Read 24596 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Garth Crooks
« on: February 8, 2010, 04:18:34 pm »
Can someone please explain to me how this guy still has a job as a tv 'expert?' the guy is utter shite, takes half an hour to make a point that could be made in 3 seconds and is a clueless fuckwit - for his team of the week for this week there's no lucas or kuyt as backups for his squad yet adam fucking johnson is in there? 5 man united players in his 'squad'? ffs roger johnson is in there, and his fuckup led to wolves' goal (come to think of it kevin doyle isnt in there yet the likes of berbatov, hesselink and mido are in there, another pisstake). http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/score_on_bbci/7631245.stm

sometimes i get the feeling that he's only still in a job because he's a minority (and that comment is not meant as a racist one, more being the only reason why i can think of someone that poor has survived that long, ffs graeme le saux lasted about a year or so on the beeb and he was far better than crooks)

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Garth Crooks
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2010, 04:20:36 pm »
The media hate Liverpool, I'm usually not arsed about shitty 'team-o-the-week' picks...  His picks are usually shit anyway though...

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2010, 04:21:45 pm »
He doesn't seem to ever say anything controversial. But then he doesn't seem to say much at all, but seems to spend a lot of time talking...if that makes sense.

What is the point of Garth Crooks?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3 on: February 8, 2010, 04:22:04 pm »
He has mole DNA.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 8, 2010, 04:26:14 pm »
sometimes i get the feeling that he's only still in a job because he's a minority (and that comment is not meant as a racist one, more being the only reason why i can think of someone that poor has survived that long, ffs graeme le saux lasted about a year or so on the beeb and he was far better than crooks)

I don't think it is positive discrimination. Lawrenson, Redknapp, Townsend, Sherwood, Shearer, Merson, Gayle etc are awful 'pundits'. It's just that way that most pundits at present aren't atually very good and yout a better analysis of games/tactics on RAWK. I actually don't mind Crooks that much, he doesn't irritate me as much as others do, though I don't find him that enlightening (though his team of the week is mostly likely based on favourites and making things up, given your description). But I can probably count on one hand the numbero f pundits that I really like - Pleat, Armfield and that's it. Hansen's ok but apart from them, I'm struggling to think.

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #5 on: February 8, 2010, 04:26:17 pm »
The guy's a moron, he's got 3 left backs in his team of the week. Remember once he picked someone like Michael Owen as a holding midfielder. It's absolutely astounding that he's payed to comment on something he clearly knows absolutely nothing about.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #6 on: February 8, 2010, 04:29:03 pm »
Just noticed this bit above his team:

Here's my team of the week. What do you reckon? Do you agree? If not, select your own team and e-mail it to your friends.

;D  "don't bother me with it,  e-mail it to your friends."
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #7 on: February 8, 2010, 04:48:24 pm »
No one beats Mark Bright, by far the worst pundit of them all be it on the TV or the Metro.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 8, 2010, 04:49:59 pm »
Is a tit
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9 on: February 8, 2010, 05:28:43 pm »
No one beats Mark Bright, by far the worst pundit of them all be it on the TV or the Metro.

Agree. I watched one of our games last season on sopcast, with Mark Bright commentating. After enduring him for 90 minutes, I had to take 2 paracetemol and lie down in a dark room for 2 hours. It took until the following wednesday before I started feeling normal again. 90 minutes of Mark Bright would skull fuck any man on this planet.

As for Garth Crooks, he needs to be put out of his misery with a taser gun. He can wave his fucking arms all he likes when he's on the ground having a fit & choking on his tongue, the odious little cretin.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 8, 2010, 05:31:36 pm »
Garth Crooks said John Terry has balls of steel. Fascinating punditry

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #11 on: February 8, 2010, 05:31:42 pm »
Agree. I watched one of our games last season on sopcast, with Mark Bright commentating. After enduring him for 90 minutes, I had to take 2 paracetemol and lie down in a dark room for 2 hours. It took until the following wednesday before I started feeling normal again. 90 minutes of Mark Bright would skull fuck any man on this planet.

It was probably West Brom away, where among many bizarre opinions, he nonchalantly described Alonso as "a decent passer" in a totally dismissive way.

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #12 on: February 8, 2010, 05:34:06 pm »

Fuck me. Still haven't forgiven him for criticising our 'negative play' after we beat Man Utd 1-4 last season, truly unbelievable.
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 8, 2010, 05:37:39 pm »
I like Garth Crooks, he's fucking mental.
His facial expressions after he's said just about anything, wow, that's smugness, that's the sort of face a cat pulls when it's just farted on a warm bean-bag, smug mother fucker.  But he's not saying anything incredible, he's saying sentences like "Wolves could go down" and then pulling out the cat face.  Mental.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 8, 2010, 05:38:59 pm »
Fuck me. Still haven't forgiven him for criticising our 'negative play' after we beat Man Utd 1-4 last season, truly unbelievable.

If that doesn't underline how mental he is, I don't know what will. 
Just enjoy his ramblings while we still can, he'll end up setting fire to himself halfway up the London Eye one day, then you'll miss him.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #15 on: February 8, 2010, 05:39:19 pm »
I hate him with a passion. Just can't stand to watch/listen to him.

Worst 'pundit' on tele IMO. Looks like a right tit when he tries to think of something clever to say and rolls his eyes back and then comes out with something and tries to make it as controversial as anything. Then that little smug smile on his face when he thinks he's said something good when it's infact all a load of bollocks.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #16 on: February 8, 2010, 05:41:37 pm »
It was probably West Brom away, where among many bizarre opinions, he nonchalantly described Alonso as "a decent passer" in a totally dismissive way.

Thats the one
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 8, 2010, 05:42:44 pm »

Wasn't he criticising us after the 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge? I thought it was even more bizarre considering the fact we outplayed chelsea and were the first team to win there in 4 years. Alan Hansen put him in his place though.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #18 on: February 8, 2010, 05:44:02 pm »
Whenever I see the little scrote I think of The Wind and the Willows

Strange I know, but I do.

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #19 on: February 8, 2010, 05:44:55 pm »
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 8, 2010, 05:47:58 pm »
I'll leave it to the most brilliant Half Man Half Biscuit for the most succinct summation of Crooks' unique place in the world:

'There is surely nothing worse than washing sieves
There is surely nothing worse than washing sieves
With the possible exception of being Garth Crooks
There is surely nothing worse than washing sieves'
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #21 on: February 8, 2010, 05:56:25 pm »
Crooks amused me the other day when he said John Terry had "balls of steel"

china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 8, 2010, 05:57:45 pm »
He reminds me of a turtle without a shell.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #23 on: February 8, 2010, 06:35:07 pm »
You all seem to have forgotten the obvious........

Garth Crooks is a uber-cunto.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: February 8, 2010, 06:59:59 pm »
He's a prick of the highest order. I hate the way he talks like his opinion is far more important than anyone else's.

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #25 on: February 8, 2010, 08:45:35 pm »
Up there with Mark Bright and Paul Merson for me..
@JonnYNWA

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #26 on: February 8, 2010, 08:51:27 pm »
I fucking hate Country & Western music.

Offline HoraceGoesSkiing

• Main Stander
  • Dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #27 on: February 8, 2010, 08:53:14 pm »
utter bell-end

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #28 on: February 8, 2010, 09:04:48 pm »
is an idiot, which he cant be blamed for if he has no intelligence. He just talks a lot of shit which has no reasoning behind it and has no agenda. He's most the neutral pundit out there because no-one can ever tell what the fuck he's on about to interpret it.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #29 on: February 8, 2010, 09:15:04 pm »
It's a toss up between him and Sol Campbell in the self importance stakes.

Always looks to me like he's about to say 'Do you see? Eh? Do you see?' to the person he's talking to, like they can't possibly fathom the sheer genius of what he's saying ...

Utter tosspot.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #30 on: February 8, 2010, 09:17:14 pm »

Yup. Get the metro on the way to work and his article makes me wonder WTF you have to do to get a job as a writer. They also paid for his trip to Africa for the recent comp.....might as well have sent bozo the clown
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 8, 2010, 09:20:57 pm »
His facial expressions after he's said just about anything, wow, that's smugness, that's the sort of face a cat pulls when it's just farted on a warm bean-bag, smug mother fucker.  But he's not saying anything incredible, he's saying sentences like "Wolves could go down" and then pulling out the cat face.  Mental.

:lmao absolute gold post that

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #32 on: February 8, 2010, 09:25:54 pm »
It's a toss up between him and Sol Campbell in the self importance stakes.

Always looks to me like he's about to say 'Do you see? Eh? Do you see?' to the person he's talking to, like they can't possibly fathom the sheer genius of what he's saying ...
Utter tosspot.

Spot on, that's why i detest him. 

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #33 on: February 8, 2010, 09:28:48 pm »
Don't know how anyone can take him seriously? an utter joke...
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #34 on: February 8, 2010, 09:46:21 pm »
I was watching him on MOTD bgenuinely agog at what he was saying. I had to pause the Sky +  out of embarrasment

Jesus what he was saying to describe Kevin Phillips was lunacy and honest to god what youd hear out of a 9-year-old. 'Like a cobra coiling to shoot, you can hear the commentator ready to do the same???' 

Watching Tony Adams was like watching an old dog walking in circles and weeing and shitting itself. Just sad

Crooks makes you angry, hes getting paid to sit there with those ultra fat thighs and spout total nonsense in the purist form of the word.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #35 on: February 8, 2010, 09:52:08 pm »

I agree with all of this. I just watched him on MOTD2 and he's unhinged, but in a totally West End drama sort of way. Small doses only, though. A whole match would kill me.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 8, 2010, 09:53:28 pm »
I like Crooks.
Bit tedious and hard to listen too but he is miles ahead of most in terms of punditry.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #37 on: February 8, 2010, 10:05:22 pm »
I like Crooks.
Bit tedious and hard to listen too but he is miles ahead of most in terms of punditry.

Christ, you're freebasing early this evening!  ;)

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #38 on: February 8, 2010, 10:07:08 pm »
I like Crooks.

?!?!?!?!
He genuinely isn't. Not in any way shape or form. In fact, he's absolutely useless. I don't think I've ever agreed with anything he's said. Even forgetting he's tedious, he's an abysmal pundit. Passes himself off as a bit of an intellectual, and then most of his views on teams are based purely on face value or the current myth surrounding whichever team he's commenting on (i.e. us and zonal marking), and not any in-depth analysis.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #39 on: February 9, 2010, 12:07:46 am »
He likes a whiskey or five and has incriminating photo's of other BBC knobheads - fact
Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!