Author Topic: Klopp's Red Men 2 (Sturridge pen 19', Firmino 74') v The Mopes of Manchester (0)  (Read 87097 times)

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Great performance last night and really should be at least 3-0. Its a shame it is still only half time and there is no doubt they will be more up for it next week. Early goal for us should kill it but it could be a long night if they score first.

We have to have no fear when we go there and press them and play like we need to win. We are not really capable of sitting back as our defensive displays this season are just not good enough. Long way to go yet.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline AnimalMasch

• Main Stander
  • Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA
Moment of the night was Klopp absolutely tearing Moreno a new one when he shirked a challenge early on. The passion is so real.

Incredible atmosphere inside the ground last night. Even the main stand was buzzing most the game.

Allen was superb when he came on. Pure class.
Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Missed the game but watched the full game without being aware of the score. Fullmatchesandshows had both the BT Sport and Fox Sport versions up. BT being as shit as they are, i thought i'd give Fox Sports a listen and see how their commentators were like. They were awful! Lalas really was talking an unbelievable amount of shit.

So i switched back to what i knew with BT, and it's saying something that i thought to myself 'Fuck me this is worse than Fox Sports'. Both Dan Fletcher and Owen are incredibly dull and you would think it was a League 2 game they were commentating on. However shit the US commentators are, there is at least some emotion that comes with them.

For some reason, Fox Sports seemed to have a better sound capture of the crowd too. With BT, it's pretty much inaudible.

Fair to say, BT are beyond awful.

Yeah, I watched it back on Fox Sports, as I prefer ANY commentary to the British commentary, I'm afraid! Don't know why, I think it's because the BT Sport/Sky/BBC guys always come seemingly with almost a template of things they're going to say. Maybe it's because they're trying so hard not to offend anyone, I don't know. Whereas guys like Lalas come on, speaking to a non-local audience, and just say it how they see it, with a lot of the context taken out, which even if I don't agree with what he says, I prefer!

And you're quite right, even though their commentators were obviously not actually in the stadium, the stadium sound was much more prominent.
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline Robbies Girl

• Main Stander
  • The club
Yes all credit to Allen for locking the midfield down. Great subs both. Thought clyne keeps getting better and better too. And lallana - finally the player we bought fingers crossed!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Moment of the night was Klopp absolutely tearing Moreno a new one when he shirked a challenge early on. The passion is so real.

Incredible atmosphere inside the ground last night. Even the main stand was buzzing most the game.

Allen was very good, like a little Jack Russel chasing a ball in the park and snapping into tackles.

I hope Klopp is starting to get more confidence in Joe's ability and uses him a bit more. We could do with someone who can pass the ball other than the direction they're facing.

I'm not sure what his long term future is but he's a good asset while he's here.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

• Kopite

Wow, would have loved to have seen that!! Brilliant!!

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
I love it when they sing that. Imagine reminiscing over the season your local rivals won the league, and you finished 7th  ;D

Or the irony in shouting you scouse bastards and sign on when their captain is from Croxteth...
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
Can someone provide Allen's stats since he came on? I'm looking specifically for how many headers he won.

• Kopite
Allen was very good, like a little Jack Russel chasing a ball in the park and snapping into tackles.

I hope Klopp is starting to get more confidence in Joe's ability and uses him a bit more. We could do with someone who can pass the ball other than the direction they're facing.

I'm not sure what his long term future is but he's a good asset while he's here.

I agree, he's looked really good under Klopp, and I think Klopp really likes him. Trouble is - every time he puts in a couple of top quality performances, he then goes and misses the next month with another injury. It's something that's happened ever since he's been here, and I fear it may be what leads to him not getting a new contract. We'll see.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Can someone provide Allen's stats since he came on? I'm looking specifically for how many headers he won.
On Squawka it has Allen winning one and losing one - the one he lost

Headed Duel Failed: 78-minutes

Fellaini > Allen

Slight mismatch there.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
On Squawka it has Allen winning one and losing one - the one he lost

Headed Duel Failed: 78-minutes

Fellaini > Allen

Slight mismatch there.

Pretty sure he won a header against Fellaini at one point, he looked like he'd borrowed his boots from this guy.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
Beaut of a hangover,what a fucking night that was.

Klopp spot on team selection,tactics & subs-especially bringing on Pirlo.

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan

3. Fellaini is an absolute shite hawk and needs banning from the game for a good period of time. He was constantly fouling, niggling and finally assaulting somebody. Did anyone see him nip Lallana as he was getting back up after yet another foul from the Afro? Even Scholes was calling him out as a t**t from when he played against him. He is a disgrace and has no place in football.

He doesn't need banning, he just needs refs who actually punish him during the game. Everyone knows what he's like, he's a dirty fucker who gets away with it every game. If the refs started doing their job he'd become a liability to even bother picking in the team as he'd be sent off every other week.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
Don`t post much on here much any more just read but anyway....What we saw was Jurgen Klopp making his mark on our football club.The fitness levels of our players right to the end.Utd couldn`t cope with it.The thing that stood out for me was the introduction of Joe Allen who carried out instructions to the last fine detail with a wonderful cameo of pressing keeping posession and regaining control of the game which allowed us to score our second.

Klopp has already in his short time here,got the supporters believing he`s taking us in the right direction.Anfield was beautiful last night.What an atmosphere and the red smoke bomb that went off after the second goal was the iceing on the cake.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
Get the fuck in!!

Atmosphere sounded amazing last night, gutted i missed it, but well done to everyone, really made a difference.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
Do we want him banned? Saw a stat this morning United win more without him than lose, he's absolutely dog shit. Easiest player to wind up aswell I'd prefer to be playing against him second leg than the likes of Ander Herrera
Yeah..look..I was a bit hungover when I posted that. So.... yeah you're right. 

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.

I wonder if Moreno spends his nights sobbing in a corner in his house. If he takes it the right way, he'll be a better player for it.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy

Ha, yes I remember that, the ball bounced between him and Rashford, I think, and Moreno could've got there first but backed off instead and Klopp went ballistic.

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
This was me after our second :)

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone have any idea which minute the Moreno moment was at?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Anyone have any idea which minute the Moreno moment was at?

Inside the first 10 minutes anyway I think, 15 minutes max.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great result, great performance, if we had been offered 2-0 we would have snapped it up, the night just got better, seeing Macca goad Scholes and Ferdinand was pure class, HT on to castle greyskull, score early tie over
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've just woke up.

Fuck that was good. De Gea is a bollock. We'd have been 4/5 up if it wasn't for him.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great result, great performance, if we had been offered 2-0 we would have snapped it up, the night just got better, seeing Macca goad Scholes and Ferdinand was pure class, HT on to castle greyskull, score early tie over

Castle Greyskull is the good guys. Snake Mountain is the bad guys.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Great match and atmosphere.

But for David De Gea, this tie would already be finished.
There is no reason why we can't put this to bed next Thursday night.

Very enjoyable.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
Inside the first 10 minutes anyway I think, 15 minutes max.
I can confirm it was at 15:30 minutes exactly. You are welcome.  :wave

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndLuBz51-J8?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ndLuBz51-J8?fs=1</a>

This was my favourite piece of action from the night, not just the skill of Lallana to beat three men but the turn and vision from Allen to pick out the run of Firmino, it was a great move and it's that ability to pass the ball not only in the direction he's facing that I like about Allen.

Henderson on current form plays that back to Lallana.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
I love it when you wake up and the previous night`s proceedings pops into the head, bringing an instant smile and a deep feeling of satisfaction, knowing that what ever happens today it will all be ok because we fucking twatted and embarrassed the mancs last night in Europe  :wave

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Like to withdraw my previous "go" at Barton, I only saw one tweet and took it wrong out of context, I have now been shown the below and he was actually praising him, which is nice to see as the media usually slate him for his style. Well in, Joey!

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
How do you get that? Stream?

On Kodi, Vidtime I think was the addon.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan

Offline AnimalMasch

• Main Stander
I can confirm it was at 15:30 minutes exactly. You are welcome.  :wave

You just about see Klopp come into the picture on the TV, but in the ground he was going ballistic. It was an amazing moment, and little things like that show that he will not accept second best. We are onto a winner with our man, and I'm more excited for the the future than I have been in a long time. Even under Rodgers you always had this feeling things were about to collapse, but Klopp is hopefully going to bring about some sustained success now. Onwards and upwards.  :)

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Does anybody have a GIF of Coutinho on around the 4th/5th minute of the first half I think? Just charges into a United player nowhere near the ball :lmao

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do

Offline fid1892

• Main Stander
Have to hold my hands up here and admit that I didn’t hear any of these chants / songs from the Utd fans about the ‘S*n was Right’ – but that was purely down to how loud the Anny Road was !  We were in the Upper Anny Road, right by where the BT crew were and it was quite comical as you could see the expressions on Scholes’ and Rio’s faces close up as they saw their team being dismantled in front of their eyes.  I could hear the ‘Fergie’s Right, Your Fans are Shite’ chants loud and clear, and genuinely thought they were due to the fact that their lot were virtually silent throughout the game ….. it was only after I got home and watched the highlights at 2am on BT that I realised what they had been chanting.

Anyway …. On to the main reason for my post ……

I’ve been a Liverpool fan for more years than I care to count and I’ve spent many a happy day standing (and sitting) as part of all four stands of our famous ground, and I have no doubt bored my kids to tears on numerous occasions about the atmosphere that made the hair stand up on the back of my neck …… the occasions that really gripped my soul and wouldn’t let go.  My wife experienced it back in April 1996 when Collymore hit the last gasp winner against Keegan’s Newcastle from a spot roughly 40 yards in front of where we were standing with our hearts in our mouths, barely able to catch our breath.

I bring my kids as often as I can get tickets now to Anfield more in hope than expectation that they will get chance to experience that special atmosphere that truly hits you like no other.  Sitting at work prior to the game yesterday I could feel it building – there was a definite tension.  On the drive towards the ground, I mentioned it to the kids ……. ‘Tonight is the night, lads – it’s against ‘them

Suffice to say that we took our seats in the Upper Anfield Road and took in the sight of the rest of the ground …. But particularly the Kop.  Obviously there was the usual flag waving, songs and chants, but then it started ……
‘When You Walk, Through A Storm ….’

I looked to my left at my kids and I knew, and what’s more, they knew …… it had got them.   Totally and utterly.  Heart and soul.  100%.  If there had been any doubt before, there was none now.  I could see it in their eyes.  They had never felt it like this before – yes, they had been to games, good exciting games.  Games with good atmosphere, but this was different.  This was visceral …… and this will stay with them forever.

The absolute best rendition of our anthem I have seen, heard and been part of …. Maybe ever ?  How many times did the chorus repeat ? In my heart it’s still going on now.

To all of you who helped make it happen, I salute you.

Thank you.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Or the irony in shouting you scouse bastards and sign on when their captain is from Croxteth...

Too thick to realise that I suppose,just a load of dumb, ignorant scruffy fuckers.

A set of supporters incapable of putting a decent song/chant together to urge on their outclassed team when they needed it most.

Instead they predictably dipped into the gutter to find their songs.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Have to hold my hands up here and admit that I didn’t hear any of these chants / songs from the Utd fans about the ‘S*n was Right’ – but that was purely down to how loud the Anny Road was !  We were in the Upper Anny Road, right by where the BT crew were and it was quite comical as you could see the expressions on Scholes’ and Rio’s faces close up as they saw their team being dismantled in front of their eyes.  I could hear the ‘Fergie’s Right, Your Fans are Shite’ chants loud and clear, and genuinely thought they were due to the fact that their lot were virtually silent throughout the game ….. it was only after I got home and watched the highlights at 2am on BT that I realised what they had been chanting.

I’ve been a Liverpool fan for more years than I care to count and I’ve spent many a happy day standing (and sitting) as part of all four stands of our famous ground, and I have no doubt bored my kids to tears on numerous occasions about the atmosphere that made the hair stand up on the back of my neck …… the occasions that really gripped my soul and wouldn’t let go.  My wife experienced it back in April 1996 when Collymore hit the last gasp winner against Keegan’s Newcastle from a spot roughly 40 yards in front of where we were standing with our hearts in our mouths, barely able to catch our breath.

I bring my kids as often as I can get tickets now to Anfield more in hope than expectation that they will get chance to experience that special atmosphere that truly hits you like no other.  Sitting at work prior to the game yesterday I could feel it building – there was a definite tension.  On the drive towards the ground, I mentioned it to the kids ……. ‘Tonight is the night, lads – it’s against ‘them

Suffice to say that we took our seats in the Upper Anfield Road and took in the sight of the rest of the ground …. But particularly the Kop.  Obviously there was the usual flag waving, songs and chants, but then it started ……

I looked to my left at my kids and I knew, and what’s more, they knew …… it had got them.   Totally and utterly.  Heart and soul.  100%.  If there had been any doubt before, there was none now.  I could see it in their eyes.  They had never felt it like this before – yes, they had been to games, good exciting games.  Games with good atmosphere, but this was different.  This was visceral …… and this will stay with them forever.

The absolute best rendition of our anthem I have seen, heard and been part of …. Maybe ever ?  How many times did the chorus repeat ? In my heart it’s still going on now.

Thank you.

Wow.

Terrific post mate.

And I think you're right - YNWA was as good as it has ever been

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
Well done our lads last night and well done all the supporters who made Anfield into the cauldron of old.

Our first time meeting in European competition and we absolutely humiliated them.  The only shame is that it was only 2-0.  If it wasn't for De Gea we could have put 5 or 6 past them.

If we play half as good next week we'll cruise into the next round.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Does anybody have a GIF of Coutinho on around the 4th/5th minute of the first half I think? Just charges into a United player nowhere near the ball :lmao

Offline AnimalMasch

• Main Stander

Thank you.

Great post mate and very true. Last night was epic pretty much from start to finish. Like an Anfield night of old. Visceral seems the perfect adjective to describe it as well. Got tingles all night long.