Author Topic: Pre-Match Preview - Huddersfield Town vs Liverpool - Saturday 20th Oct - 17:30  (Read 36747 times)

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
Nope. Ahead of Firmino,Sturridge? I don't see why he's given a chance now.
Exactly for the reason above. If we're replacing Firmino in the side and Klopp wants to maintain the intensity of the press then Sturridge isn't the right choice. Very unlikely, I think, because I don't think Klopp really picks based on 'horses for courses', but the reasoning was sound. Rafa used to do that sort of thing all the time.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Anyone reckon we might see a surprise Solanke appearance? Sturridge looked good from the start against PSG but do we think Klopp would start him in a higher intensity away league match? Solanke was one of our better players at Stoke away last season, and helped break down a team with no attacking threat

Not a hope in hell.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Exactly for the reason above. If we're replacing Firmino in the side and Klopp wants to maintain the intensity of the press then Sturridge isn't the right choice. Very unlikely, I think, because I don't think Klopp really picks based on 'horses for courses', but the reasoning was sound. Rafa used to do that sort of thing all the time.

Intensity of the press? Are you suggesting that our intensity of pressing will be higher than what we did against PSG in a game in which Sturridge started?

Why would we be replacing Firmino for Solanke to begin with?

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
Anyone reckon we might see a surprise Solanke appearance? Sturridge looked good from the start against PSG but do we think Klopp would start him in a higher intensity away league match? Solanke was one of our better players at Stoke away last season, and helped break down a team with no attacking threat

God help us.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
Just heard we haven't beaten a team in relegation zone in the last 6 games.  Is this right?  That's pretty awful if true.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
Despite the International break and the injuries picked up, we still have better players in every position.

I understand people trying to say it's gonna be tough (which it should be) can't underestimate them yada yada yada but we should be winning this.

If City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal...actually pretty much everyone (except UTD and Neverton :D) were playing Huddersfield we'd be expecting an away win.

Expecting 3 pts. C'mon redmen.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
Just heard we haven't beaten a team in relegation zone in the last 6 games.  Is this right?  That's pretty awful if true.

It's right...last 6 away games.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Is it true we're going for a defensive record this evening, if we don't concede today?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool have confirmed they will make a late decision on Sadio Mane’s involvement against Huddersfield Town today.

Mane required surgery on his hand this week following international duty with Senegal.

When asked about the forward’s availability, Reds boss Jurgen Klopp said: “I really don’t know yet. We have to see.

“Three days ago, Sadio came home, it was diagnosed. At the moment I have no clue what he can do with the brace on.

“We will see what he wants to do. It’s all about the player. If he thinks he can play then I need to make a decision about how it looks.”

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
Intensity of the press? Are you suggesting that our intensity of pressing will be higher...
***sigh***

No. Obviously not. That's why I included the words 'if', 'very unlikely' and 'I don't think Klopp really picks based on horses for courses.'

And no, we'll never rotate Firmino. We won't rotate anyone. Klopp will play the same 11 in every single game, just like he has in every other game he's managed.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!

Under Klopp, Liverpool have played nine away matches against teams who started the game in the relegation zone. They have won just two, and none of the last six.

Mad stat that.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Is it true we're going for a defensive record this evening, if we don't concede today?

Really?

Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Jill we have not conceded at home this season in the PL so must be that.
Y.N.W.A.

• Legacy Fan
***sigh***

No. Obviously not. That's why I included the words 'if', 'very unlikely' and 'I don't think Klopp really picks based on horses for courses.'

And no, we'll never rotate Firmino. We won't rotate anyone. Klopp will play the same 11 in every single game, just like he has in every other game he's managed.

***sighhhhhhhhhhh****

I am not suggesting that we won't rotate Firmino or anyone else in the squad for that matter, HOWEVER [key point right here] Solanke isn't a better option than Sturridge [who has shown this season so far that he can handle what we need him to do]  or Firmino., RIGHT NOW.

So if Sturridge can handle the intensity playing against PSG and doing what was required, then why wouldn't he be able to do so against Huddersfield?

So its not a matter of me suggesting that we won't rotate, we will have to, however my point was about Solanke not about rotating.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
It's right...last 6 away games.
I was already feeling dubious about this game for no particular reason.  :butt

I think we'll win but it will be a nervy one as has been the case for most of the season so far.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Really?

I only heard very quickly something like the first time in nine games that a Liverpool side has conceded only three goals at the start of a season.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Yes

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Top 5 looking really tight at present

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Top 5 looking really tight at present

I don't think you can judge much at this part of the season, with another international break it'll be after that we will see the true horses and riders. We just have to win this afternoon lets do our part of it.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I don't think you can judge much at this part of the season, with another international break it'll be after that we will see the true horses and riders. We just have to win this afternoon lets do our part of it.

That's quite a change in 2 hours. You were panic stricken when Chelsea were winning earlier this arvo.  ;D

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Not a hope in hell.

Solanke is the new Woodburn.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
That's quite a change in 2 hours. You were panic stricken when Chelsea were winning earlier this arvo.  ;D

Not at all, I've never lacked faith in the team. But our biggest problem is we could have the most incredible run and still end up as runners up by the end. To win we need the others to drop the points especially against the tougher opposition.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Still surprised how close even this early

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Under Klopp, Liverpool have played nine away matches against teams who started the game in the relegation zone. They have won just two, and none of the last six.

Mad stat that.

Bloody hell that is poor. Definitely cant be having that sort of record this season.

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
Do I dare say this is a must win?  ::)

• Legacy Fan
Just win lads.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

I dont like calling games must win at this stage but we cannot be dropping points at teams like Huddersfield. It would be a very bad result if we did.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...

I mean, it is. Whether you dare say it or not is a different question :P
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

• Legacy Fan
I dont like calling games must win at this stage but we cannot be dropping points at teams like Huddersfield. It would be a very bad result if we did.

Agreed. If we are serious about winning the league or challenging for it, today is a must win

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite

Completely agree.

The boys are definitely fully focused on the task at hand.

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
I mean, it is. Whether you dare say it or not is a different question :P

;D

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
Can't wait for the match! I pulled a "hard exit" from the brexit march and legged it home. You could say I've "taken back control of my day"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
How long is Keith out for?

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

If we want to win the title, then it’s fair to say it’s a must win. Dropping points in these games occasionally is okay for top 4.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

• Legacy Fan
How long is Keith out for?

unconfirmed two weeks. Not a strain which is good.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Hurry up time you prick!!

This day is dragging by, as has the last two weeks. 20 minutes until the teamsheet mystery is unraveled.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
I know it is twitter but Ian Doyle saying the starting line up will cause raised eyebrows. Sturridge and Shaq??
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
I know it is twitter but Ian Doyle saying the starting line up will cause raised eyebrows. Sturridge and Shaq??

Hopefully. The attack needs a refresh.

• Legacy Fan

Ignore him, he's been doing the same bloody thing every match, he's a right wind up merchant.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.

He said that for the Chelsea game I think. Like literally that, and there wasn't a raised eyebrow in all the land, He's a wum. And an idiot.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...