Author Topic: Half time: Wolves 1-0 Liverpool  (Read 9922 times)

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Half time: Wolves 1-0 Liverpool
« Reply #240 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:16 pm »
True but a loss will be 2 on the run, that could have an impact.
Didn't City lose 2 on the run? Both with the 1st team.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #241 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:19 pm »
Not even watching the game..... just popped in here for the half time comments.... who cares as long as it helps us go for the bigger prize!

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #242 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:19 pm »
I think Milner is the only one looking for the ball. Everyone else seems afraid of it.
Fair play he is not hiding, but you can see it's not his night he making really basic errors and his passing has been bad.

Plus i feel this game just needs pressure on Wolves players, as bad as we have been they been not much better. We need bit of speed and energy inside CM.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #243 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:20 pm »
Don't know what's worse.

The first half performance, or the BBC's punditry.

Jenas on comms, and Shearer and Ince at Half Time?

Thought Shearer was just about spot on.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:24 pm »
Some of these older pro's sitting on the fringes complaining about lack of their game time have been absolutely embarrassing. If it were me, I'd use the opportunity to make a case to be played more often in bigger games. Instead they've been absolutely useless.

Origi is just a higher profile version of Android Voronin. Completely useless. No pace, no first touch, no intelligence. Despite being a big lad, can't hold the ball up. He can't find a pass, keeps giving it away. One of the worst forward displays I have ever seen - I'd hook him at half time and bring on Mane. Sturridge has at least tried to get involved, but his strength is making runs in behind defenders, not coming deep to receive the ball. He's not an initiator of our attacks. He needs to stay in the final third and make clever movement to receive the ball. Moreno has given a hospital pass which led to their goal, has been jumping out of tackles in our own box, and 2-3 times has been grossly out of position or caught wanting. An absolute liability.

It is frightening to think that we are only ever 1-2 injuries away from these 3 playing more regularly. It also worries me that this could just be that a number of players are very rusty and out of form : if so, then perhaps Klopp should rotate a bit more and keep some of these players a bit sharper.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #245 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:28 pm »
Remarkably poor that. Even from Wolves to be honest, I thought they were meant to be decent. If they were actually as good as people thought they were they'd be winning by a few goals.

Front two have been none-existent sadly. Both of them just shouldn't be playing together. No shots either, just poor all round although Hoever has settled well. Camacho definitely looks like he has something about himself but he hasn't had an easy time of it here.

Something else second half reds, a shot at least.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #246 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:29 pm »
Some of the senior pros just need to put more effort in. It is difficult when you've not been playing though as there will be rustiness. But just a bit more effort from some of them would be something.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #247 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:41 pm »
I can understand the likes of Sturridge and Milner not being arsed. Origi and some others won't be here much longer, but Keita has got to step up and show at least some of that talent we payed £50m for.

I am worried about him, for £50m he needs to show a lot more.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2019, 08:49:48 pm by Frank Becton »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #248 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:44 pm »
I've missed Mignolet's barnstorming run to the edge of the box looking to get a counter going, then stopping ... every fucking time.

I've missed Origi's miscontrols and poor passing.

I've missed Sturridge not being a striker, thinking he's Pirlo in our half.

I've not missed Moreno at all.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:54 pm »
You're kidding right? What was you expecting from a 16 year old centre back who's had to come off the bench unscheduled to make his debut in a much changed side?

You've definitely misread that part of the post.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:57 pm »
Yep
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: January 7, 2019, 08:46:13 pm »
Like a pre season friendly with full rustiness and fringe players being average.

Is it me or has Milner been way off form for a while?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #252 on: January 7, 2019, 08:46:20 pm »
Yeah, Milner was expecting Hoever to go to the ball.

Nearest player pressures the ball though, and that should have been Milner. When he didn't, Mignolet should have rushed out to close the angle. It was a fustercluck all round.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2019, 08:48:55 pm by PhaseOfPlay »
Better looking than Samie.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #253 on: January 7, 2019, 08:46:22 pm »
Tell the midfielders and forwards to get involved. We can't play football with only Mignolet, Fabinho, Hoever and Milner.

That's about it. None of the players you mentioned should get more than 5 or 6 out of 10 but that puts them 3 or 4 marks above the other players. We have a couple of defenders who are trying and the rest are standing watching. Wolves have been poor also but a 2nd division team would beat us tonight. Pathetic all round.
#JFT97

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #254 on: January 7, 2019, 08:46:30 pm »
There have been a couple of moments when they have had a player standing wel off and the linesman hasn’t flagged even though the guy moves towards our player as the ball is in the air “closing down”

Strange all round

You're right, there was one where their player was a long way off and ran back towards play and stopped Milner from getting to the ball and we all played on with no flag. Second phase my arse.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: January 7, 2019, 08:47:01 pm »
They said he must be 'stunned'.

As though Premier League Wolves edging it over second string players, teenagers and players playing out of position is some kind of massive shock.

Yeah I shook my head at that, think it was Jenus or whatever his name is. Making Klopp out to be an amateur.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #256 on: January 7, 2019, 08:47:22 pm »
Why? And where does Origi want to go? The championship? Milner still doesn't seem quite right physically and hasn't had a good half. Sturridge and Origi have moves to think about because there's no way they are staying with performances like that and presumably they'd like to sign for someone decent.

Keita has tried to get his foot on the ball and into the game but he's got two forwards who are giving nothing in terms of movement or link up play. My only criticism of him tonight is holding onto the ball too long but given we've got no structure about how we play even that's not entirely surprising.

Milner is a regular. Sturridge will come off the bench regularly too. This isn't really the game for them to make any sort of statement. Origi.. I don't know. We didn't pay all that much for him from the get-go, so I don't think the club will care what they get for him. Keita must improve. Greatly.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #257 on: January 7, 2019, 08:47:22 pm »
Not even watching the game..... just popped in here for the half time comments.... who cares as long as it helps us go for the bigger prize!

Excellent, will you be arsed in the 4th round or will you just pop in on semi final day

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 7, 2019, 08:47:32 pm »
Looks like a mishmash of players returning from holidays playing about their third preseason game to be honest.

Somebody else in the midfield/attack needs to help Milner coming deep to pick up the ball,some teamwork needed urgently.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: January 7, 2019, 08:47:45 pm »
RAWK never disappoints with half-time threads.

Considering the changes, considering the back 5, considering what we're trying to accomplish, I am not surprised nor arsed, I want us to win every game but I was not expecting us to do so tonight for the obvious circumstances.

Some of you are either incapable of seeing what's truly at stake here or ignoring it completely.

Analysis of a 16 year old's debut against a side that has been a problem for the top sides in England this season is beyond the pale even for RAWK

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 7, 2019, 08:47:51 pm »
The woman doing that interview had a revolting voice

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #261 on: January 7, 2019, 08:48:05 pm »
No changes at half time..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 7, 2019, 08:48:08 pm »
I actually like Sturridge but fuck me he looks like someone shat in his shoes, Origi would have had better luck trying one-twos with a fucking potatoe.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: January 7, 2019, 08:48:36 pm »
Some of these older pro's sitting on the fringes complaining about lack of their game time have been absolutely embarrassing. If it were me, I'd use the opportunity to make a case to be played more often in bigger games. Instead they've been absolutely useless.

Origi is just a higher profile version of Android Voronin. Completely useless. No pace, no first touch, no intelligence. Despite being a big lad, can't hold the ball up. He can't find a pass, keeps giving it away. One of the worst forward displays I have ever seen - I'd hook him at half time and bring on Mane. Sturridge has at least tried to get involved, but his strength is making runs in behind defenders, not coming deep to receive the ball. He's not an initiator of our attacks. He needs to stay in the final third and make clever movement to receive the ball. Moreno has given a hospital pass which led to their goal, has been jumping out of tackles in our own box, and 2-3 times has been grossly out of position or caught wanting. An absolute liability.

It is frightening to think that we are only ever 1-2 injuries away from these 3 playing more regularly. It also worries me that this could just be that a number of players are very rusty and out of form : if so, then perhaps Klopp should rotate a bit more and keep some of these players a bit sharper.

:lmao :lmao

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #264 on: January 7, 2019, 08:48:45 pm »
Effort, desire, fight, cup, magic, weakened etc

Bingo
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #265 on: January 7, 2019, 08:48:45 pm »
What is Jones natural position? .

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: January 7, 2019, 08:48:50 pm »
To say your not arsed about the fa cup just shows how bad our supporters have become. Liverpool fc is about winning trophies and we have not won one in a good while. Klopp needs a trophy under his belt as lose this and our season could be over. We won't win the champions league this season and the league will be tough. I will make a statement today that if we do not win a trophy this season with klopp we never will.

Load of bollocks as expected

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 7, 2019, 08:48:56 pm »
Lovely stuff. Get out of this with a minimum of fuss and no injuries.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #268 on: January 7, 2019, 08:49:08 pm »

Analysis of a 16 year old's debut against a side that has been a problem for the top sides in England this season is beyond the pale even for RAWK

I didn't see anyone criticising Hoever. Wolves have been poor and we have been worse.
#JFT97

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #269 on: January 7, 2019, 08:49:25 pm »
Oooh ‘needs to win a cup’

That’s definitely a bingo!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.