Author Topic: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’  (Read 16800 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« on: April 18, 2024, 06:47:40 pm »

Officials

Referee: Carlos del Cerro Grande (Spain)

Assistants: Juan Carlos Yuste (Spain) & Roberto Alonso Fernandes (Spain)

Fourth official: Josè Luis Munuera Montero (Spain)

VAR: Alejandro Hernandez (Spain)  Assistant VAR: Guillermo Cuadra Fernandez (Spain)

On May 1st 2019 I stepped of a plane from Spain and overheard someone saying that Barcelona had beaten us 3-0 in the Champions League. I was gutted to hear that but I immediately turned around to a friend and said that we would go through. Yes it was a bold statement to make especially when we were playing Barcelona who had Messi on their team. However I was confident that we could do it.

Roll the clock onto now and I am not so confident. I watched Atalanta man mark us and we didn't have an answer. I watched us giving their attackers miles of space when they were attacking. So on one hand they always had a defender within a yard of our players when we got the ball and on the other hand I saw us giving their players 10 yards of space. Scoring when you are tightly marked is very difficult but it's much easier when there's nobody near to you. Give any player 5 yards of space and they will hurt you.

Look at the space we gave each of their goal-scorers.

I don't remember us having that amount of space.

I thought we would have learnt but have just watched a similar match against Palace. They were defending touch-tight but on the goal we conceded we gave them yards of space. Yes we fluffed chance after chance but most of our chances were not as easy as the one that we gifted to them. Look at the space we gave Eze.

People rightly point out the chances that we missed but we also have to look at the way that we turn off and give the opposition so much time and space. I don't think we get the same time on the ball in and around the area.

Palace and Atalanta marked Mac Allister very closely which worked very well as he has been our best player. A lot of our attacks go through him so if you can keep him quiet then that nullifies a lot of our quick attacks. Mark our front players and our midfield and then we resort to aimless long punts from the keeper.

Crimson Tank pointed out in the writeup for the Palace match that football is a simple game. For me it's about marking players , finding space and passing accurately and quickly. Recently we have been doing nothing of the sort. Our passing has been slow, we have hidden and not offered ourselves and our marking has been atrocious at times.

In the space of a week we have drawn a league game against the worst United side that I have seen, lost a home game in the Europa League against a team that came for a draw and lost another league game at home against a team that was just above the relegation zone. The worst part of this was that we were top of the league at the time and also favourites for the Europa League.

You can blame it on injuries or tiredness but the simple truth is that we haven't been nearly good enough when it mattered. We had been very good prior to this week but we've suddenly found winning to be hard.

Ok so I'm being a bit negative but the way that we imploded hurts.......it really does. We have a great manager who has delivered us such great memories but we have just fallen like Devon Loch when the finishing line was in sight.

Ok so we can still win this game but it is going to be hard. We need to take our chances and not gift them any goals. We have turned around ties like this in the past and we do have the players to do so. Get an early goal and then another one in the first half and then suddenly the game looks much different. I expect Atalanta to try man-marking us again and if that doesn't work then they will try the low block. If we regain our confidence then this is still not over. Each of our players needs to win their individual battles and to take responsibility. The tie may look over but it really isn't.

The same applies to the league. It's not over but we need to give ourselves a wobble and turn round our poor form.

Sorry and feel free to tell me that I am being negative...........I normally am positive but the last three games have been awful.

Let's turn this season around and give the boss a proper send off.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 08:07:52 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Ata vs Liv (0-3)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 06:55:44 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Ata vs Liv (3-0)
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 08:01:14 pm »
0 Under way at Bergamo
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 08:04:06 pm »
3 play stopped as VVD appears to have dislocated a finger.

They’ve popped it back in and he’s fine

#winces#
W

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 08:05:49 pm »
Definite pen
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 08:06:57 pm »
5 Pelanty!

Trent picks up the ball between the two centre backs, he plays the most absurd ball to the left back position.  A Diaz cross is cleared, the ball back into the box hits one of their hands and it’s a penalty.

Absurd decision for me, where is his hand supposed to be??  That’s the rules folks.

Mo Salah to take.

0-1 Liverpool!
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 08:07:57 pm »
He gave that some welly. Great to see an early goal, let's build on it Reds.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 08:08:14 pm »
Just the start we needed.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 08:09:39 pm »
9 suddenly Atalanta look a bit nervous.  Nice ball by Salah, almost gets Szoboszlai in on goal, their keeper did well
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024, 08:13:17 pm »
12 driven back, to Gakpo, he turns and plays Diaz I and the keeper does really well to stop that.  Really good keeping.  Great move.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2024, 08:13:36 pm »
We are playing so much better tonight, perhaps because there is no pressure on us?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 08:14:28 pm »
12 driven back, to Gakpo, he turns and plays Diaz I and the keeper does really well to stop that.  Really good keeping.  Great move.
Front to back, with a great ball from Trent to begin with.

Already Trent has sprayed a few great balls around
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 08:16:40 pm by duvva 💅 »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 08:14:54 pm »
That stop by Ali, wow.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2024, 08:15:13 pm »
14 ball into the box and it comes to Koopmeiyers. His cross is deflected by VVD and Alisson pulls off just the most incredible save to keep it out.

It was offside, but wow
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2024, 08:16:32 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2024, 08:17:24 pm »
16 Mo seems to be a lot more central in this game so far, we are definitely on top. Though Atalanta look dangerous on the break.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2024, 08:19:22 pm »
17 You can tell by how far Atalanta have retreated as Ali ran with the ball there almost to the half way line!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2024, 08:21:12 pm »
19 We are still being careless sometimes with the ball, Diaz there and Dom before. It's the only time we are looking under any sort of threat. We haven't quite managed the get the final ball right, but we are looking a lot more fluid.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2024, 08:22:54 pm »
21 A really good one two move between Trent and Dom on the right. But again Trent's final ball was behind Mo so they clear.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2024, 08:25:21 pm »
23 The game has turned a bit messy with both teams losing the ball and the other one nicking the ball back. A little bit of pressure from Atalanta but nothing we can't handle.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2024, 08:27:22 pm »
The rotation by the modified and front three to break the man to man is very impressive. Mo has been centre mid!

(Macca obviously reading this as he just pretty much said the same!)
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2024, 08:27:28 pm »
25 I have been impressed with our patience so far, we're not rushing this there is plenty of time left after all, and we are sticking to our game plan so everything is in control at the moment.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2024, 08:29:10 pm »
27 A half chance there for Atalanta, but the ball creeps past the post anyway.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2024, 08:29:30 pm »
The Villa match has gone to penalties.

Martinez has been sent off DURING the shoot out!  Incredible

Hang on it’s been overturned! What!?!

Apparently yellow cards reset at the start of a penalty shoot out.  Who knew?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 08:32:36 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2024, 08:31:37 pm »
29 I don't like how many time the Italians are getting decisions here some very soft ones. We then break and the ball is passed from Gakpo to Salah, but it fizzles out.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2024, 08:31:55 pm »
The Villa match has gone to penalties.

Martinez has been sent off DURING the shoot out!  Incredible

Hang on it’s been overturned! What!?!
How the fuck do you get sent off in a shoot out

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2024, 08:32:12 pm »
30 Over to Sir Bob.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2024, 08:32:59 pm »
Giving it to the crowd.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2024, 08:34:38 pm »

It's Martinez enough said!

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2024, 08:36:20 pm »
34 Patient from the reds, not creating a lot but good control.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2024, 08:37:39 pm »
Trent is getting his rhythm back, starting to find his passes.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2024, 08:37:57 pm »
You forget don’t you?  But it’s incredible…. The passing of Trent Alexander Arnold is truly incredible
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2024, 08:37:58 pm »
37 Good break from Gakpo but Atalanta are narrow and defend the edge of the box

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2024, 08:39:17 pm »
38 Trent overhits the pass towards Diaz and it’s a goal kick

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2024, 08:39:23 pm »
Oh no no no no FFS
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2024, 08:39:47 pm »
No Salah

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2024, 08:40:05 pm »
39 Gakpo plays a lovely ball over the top, Mo is in but makes a hash of the finish, lobbing it wide with just the keeper to beat

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2024, 08:40:06 pm »
You forget don’t you?  But it’s incredible…. The passing of Trent Alexander Arnold is truly incredible

Absolutely twice he kept the move active before with his quick reaction.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2024, 08:41:00 pm »
Absolutely twice he kept the move active before with his quick reaction.
You just get used to it.  But when he comes back, you notice it again
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2024, 08:41:29 pm »
40 Atalanta score but the flag is up, it’s checked by VAR and it won’t count.