Author Topic: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer  (Read 130898 times)

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
Re: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer
« Reply #640 on: March 4, 2012, 10:01:03 am »
His shopping list need only comprise 3 lines.
A goal scorer.
A right sided player.
A CM.

Then he can go on holiday.

Spot on mate.

In dream land I would hope:

Cavani
Hazard
Martinez.

In the real but still pretty awesome world:

Huntelaar
Marin.
Banega.
When discussing Dirk Kuyt's work rate :

I don't think he works as hard as some people claim. No harder, for example, than Stewart Downing.

18 League Titles and 5 European Cups. Get counting.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: March 4, 2012, 10:01:04 am »
Why left back? Think we're pretty much covered with Enrique and Robinson to be honest.

Just because Robinson is inexperienced at that level, unless we give him more game time between now and end of season, there will be no "middle ground" between Enrique and Robinson.

I would say one striker, as Luis can play as a great support striker.

Again I would say on winger as Downing, Bellamy, Sterling, Kuyt and Maxi can play there.

Left back we have Jose, with Robbo as back up.

And Lucas will be back for DM next season, aand spearing is a decent back up.

If it's to be believed that Kuyt and Maxi might not be here at start of next season that weakens our centre forward positions (in Kuyt) with only Suarez and Carroll unless we promote someone from reserves and I'm not sure we will?

Bellamy as good as he has been, can't be relied upon to play twice a week so we should look at someone else and the jury is out on Downing yet.

We do need a DM/CM of the likes being mentioned in this thread.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #642 on: March 4, 2012, 10:01:58 am »
Like I said, we need BETTER then decent if we want to reach the top again. There should be no room for sentimentality at the club. It needs to keep moving foward.
I know there's a lot of banging on about who we should sign and the rest of it. One of the big issues is how much we'll have, and the "FFP" (assuming it's not a massive joke, which is probably will be) is going to have a fucking massive impact on the transfer market.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #643 on: March 4, 2012, 10:04:26 am »
I know there's a lot of banging on about who we should sign and the rest of it. One of the big issues is how much we'll have, and the "FFP" (assuming it's not a massive joke, which is probably will be) is going to have a fucking massive impact on the transfer market.

Well we'll have to wait and see how much we have to spend, but that doesn't escape the fact that we need better players.

The FFP rule is a joke btw.

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #644 on: March 4, 2012, 10:05:00 am »
Like I said, we need BETTER then decent if we want to reach the top again. There should be no room for sentimentality at the club. It needs to keep moving foward.

Yes but where we are at the minute I don't think a we'll get a quality player happy to sit on the bench. Think of nigel de jong at city, you believe a player like that would be happy to sit on our bench?

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #645 on: March 4, 2012, 10:05:41 am »
Pessimistically, I would assume this summer we will have 30M plus whatever we have in player sales.

Fuck it all on Cavani. He is the best striker on earth IMO, get him and thats guaranteed goals, and the other benefit of signing Cavani is it would bring out the best is Luis.

If he isnt top of the list, I will be gutted. I'd have him above any other semi-realistic target. Because not only will he be awesome, he would make Luis even better

To be honest, I'd go with this. I would much prefer us to go out this summer and blow a load of cash on a player who we know is going to be a class act. Yes we need a winger and a midfielder, but a world class striking partner for Luis is vital now. Another season like this one, could see Suarez getting fed up and wanting to leave.

World Class Striker should be top priority. Then let Carroll learn from Cavani, and if Cavani gets injured we have Carroll.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #646 on: March 4, 2012, 10:05:51 am »
We need a striker (if not two), two wingers for left and right side, a left back and a DM.
;D
Naah mate,that aint happening.

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
Justice for the 96

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: March 4, 2012, 10:06:38 am »
;D
Naah mate,that aint happening.

Can only dream :D

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #649 on: March 4, 2012, 10:08:20 am »
Well we'll have to wait and see how much we have to spend, but that doesn't escape the fact that we need better players.

The FFP rule is a joke btw.
I know it is mate, it's beyond a joke, but it is coming in. To get the better players, we're going to need to spend a lot of money. I just hope that, on the back of at least 1 cup win, the owners see the need to build upon what we have.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #650 on: March 4, 2012, 10:09:00 am »
His shopping list need only comprise 3 lines.
A goal scorer.
A right sided player.
A CM.

Then he can go on holiday.

Absolutely. Three top quality players and we will be fine.

While the likes of Carroll, Bellamy, Henderson, Spearing, Downing and Shelvey maynot be good enough or fit enough to start regularly, they are more than good enough to be squad players. This squad looks very good to challenge for trophies IMO.

---------------------------New Striker/Carroll----------------------------
Suarez/Downing----------Gerrard/Jonjo---------New RAM/Bellamy
---------New CM/Henderson------------Lucas/Spearing--------------
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #651 on: March 4, 2012, 10:10:40 am »
IMO :-
1st choice-
Huntelaar/Soldado/Giroud-25m
Hazard/Lucas Moura-25m
Martinez/Eriksen-25m (If Martinez,Gerrard plays CAM.If Eriksen,Gerrard plays CM)

A mammoth 75m kitty,with say 10-15m recouped.

There could be cheaper alternatives with quality,but IMO atleast one of those 3 positions(most favourably the CF position) needs that top bracket player.
For the CM slot say for example,we could take a Joe Allen.We could also look at Hoilett for an AM role.

Oh wait.Our number 10 genius Joe Cole will return.What a cracking player.Amen.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #652 on: March 4, 2012, 10:12:01 am »
The other main worry is Thursday night football. I hope we use reserve sides like spurs have this year or we can write off next year with playing Thursday Sunday. The amount of games in the UEFA cup are just bonkers now.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #653 on: March 4, 2012, 10:12:53 am »
Can only dream :D
We'd go into jizz mode even if we get only 1 player(and say that is a top player)  ;)
Personally cant see more than 2 or at max 3 coming in.And I hope all of them are for the positions excluding the back 4 and DM.

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.

I don't think he works as hard as some people claim. No harder, for example, than Stewart Downing.

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #655 on: March 4, 2012, 10:15:55 am »
Btw, I know we all, including me, want big names and quality but would anyone be happy if we brought in Joe Allen for CM?

I thought about this yesterday and I would. He looks a talented player, can pass, can move, has energy to get back.

Say 7M, sit him next to Lucas and keep things ticking over and would allow us to save money to spend on a big attacker.

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #656 on: March 4, 2012, 10:17:20 am »

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #657 on: March 4, 2012, 10:19:28 am »
just read the article. If he is really up for sale at 10M sign him the fuck up.
With Shaqiri and Reus at Bayern,wonder what happens to the 3 behind Gomez.Ribery,Robben,Reus,Kroos,Muller,Shaqiri.Well,1 or 2 will prolly leave.
Robben is eccentric but would have him in a flash.10m no way is his price.More like 20.

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #658 on: March 4, 2012, 10:21:03 am »
IMO :-
1st choice-
Huntelaar/Soldado/Giroud-25m
Hazard/Lucas Moura-25m
Martinez/Eriksen-25m (If Martinez,Gerrard plays CAM.If Eriksen,Gerrard plays CM)

A mammoth 75m kitty,with say 10-15m recouped.

There could be cheaper alternatives with quality,but IMO atleast one of those 3 positions(most favourably the CF position) needs that top bracket player.
For the CM slot say for example,we could take a Joe Allen.We could also look at Hoilett for an AM role.

Oh wait.Our number 10 genius Joe Cole will return.What a cracking player.Amen.

A more realistic one would be:

1. CM - Granit Xhaka

2. Winger - Gaston Ramirez

3. Striker - Cavani  ;)

£55m there abouts....not impossible. But Cavani very unlikely

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: March 4, 2012, 10:22:35 am »

World Class Striker should be top priority. Then let Carroll learn from Cavani, and if Cavani gets injured we have Carroll.

Whilst I agree that we need to hit the bullseye as regards buying a striker, and if it means all our budget on a top european forward, the so be it, I disagree on Carroll, he needs to be shown the door. I'm assuming KD realises now that he ain't bought what he thought he was buying, and if that's the case, keeping him is just pissing money down the toilet. Unfortunately, the price we paid for him means he's too much of a luxury to have 'floating' around 'just in case'. We had a better version of that last season, and we sold him to Bolton for about 4m.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #660 on: March 4, 2012, 10:23:09 am »

3. Striker - Cavani  ;)

Realistic and Cavani  :D :D

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #661 on: March 4, 2012, 10:25:29 am »
With Shaqiri and Reus at Bayern,wonder what happens to the 3 behind Gomez.Ribery,Robben,Reus,Kroos,Muller,Shaqiri.Well,1 or 2 will prolly leave.
Robben is eccentric but would have him in a flash.10m no way is his price.More like 20.

Only one year left on his deal and he is 28 now. 10-15M culd be right.

Whats his wage like though? Anything over 100k is not worth it for a 28 year old with a contract taking them till they are 33.

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #662 on: March 4, 2012, 10:26:14 am »

Cavani would be perfect wouldnt he. Scores goals, bring the best out in Luis and would help convice Luis to stay if Madrid or Barca came calling.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #663 on: March 4, 2012, 10:26:20 am »

1. CM - Granit Xhaka

2. Winger - Gaston Ramirez

3. Striker - Cavani  ;)

£55m there abouts....not impossible. But Cavani very unlikely

Think we've more chance of signing Lavezzi to be honest.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #664 on: March 4, 2012, 10:27:27 am »
Cavani would be perfect wouldnt he. Scores goals, bring the best out in Luis and would help convice Luis to stay if Madrid or Barca came calling.
And how do we tempt him to come here? ;)
35m fee + those wages to add to it.

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: March 4, 2012, 10:30:02 am »
My preference for how we line up next year would be:

Lucas/Shelvey/Gerrard/Adam

Suarez/Hendo. Eriksen/Kagawa/Gotze.  Downing/Bellamy

Carroll/Cavani/Jovetic

Only 2 players needed would massively bolster our attack and give us options. I think this would easily be a top 3 side

Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: March 4, 2012, 10:30:14 am »
Why?

Hardly gone to plan for him, has it?
He thought he was signing to partner Europes best striker.
He has had an awful time of it for the last 4 months, off the pitch.
Wouldn't suprise me one bit if he decided he'd had enough, I wouldn't get all upset either, the guy hasn't had a nice time of it on the whole.
I'd be gutted if he did leave, cos I think he'd be a lot more potent with a decent striker, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #667 on: March 4, 2012, 10:30:39 am »
And how do we tempt him to come here? ;)
35m fee + those wages to add to it.

120k wages. 35M transfer. Not impossible.

We had the money to give Joe Cole 90k a week and Downing, Adam, Carroll around 70k.

The money is there, just about sending wisely. We spend what 40M net last summer, do the same this year with 35M on Cavani and 5M on Joe Allen and i'd be delighted.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #668 on: March 4, 2012, 10:37:11 am »
I hope those 2 adjustments are a high quality right side attacking player and a goal hanger!

Offline Percito

• Main Stander
« Reply #669 on: March 4, 2012, 10:38:05 am »
The Cavani stuff is genuinely far-fetched. There's just no way he'd come to a team playing Europa League football, in a league that isn't superior to Serie A and in a team with lot of desperately mediocre British players, unless we flung the entire staff waged budget combined at him as remuneration. Simple as, really. a) he seems pretty content where he is and is playing alongside some fabulous players like Hamsik b) if and when he does decide to move, it will clearly be to the likes of Manchester City or Chelsea, or Barca or Madrid.

I think most of us can agree that there have been some disastrous/disappointing movement in the transfer market under the Kenny and Comolli regime - probably the majority, in fact. But it will be somewhat crass to beat them with the stick of not having signed the likes of Cavani in the summer, when realistically there is absolutely zero fucking chance of it. I think future rebuilding is more likely to be in the mold of Borussia Dortmund rather than one of the wealthier/CL clubs. Not necessarily a bad thing, assuming (a big 'if', I know) they have the ability to assess players with that level of potential, on the cheap. Comolli does not inspire me with confidence, frankly. No wonder that pork-chop faced bent cockney c**t 'arry made it a pre-condition of accepting the Spurs job that Damien be sacked. I would too.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2012, 10:42:08 am by Percito »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: March 4, 2012, 10:39:20 am »
Hardly gone to plan for him, has it?
He thought he was signing to partner Europes best striker.
He has had an awful time of it for the last 4 months, off the pitch.
Wouldn't suprise me one bit if he decided he'd had enough, I wouldn't get all upset either, the guy hasn't had a nice time of it on the whole.
I'd be gutted if he did leave, cos I think he'd be a lot more potent with a decent striker, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Torres wasn't Europes best striker at the time we went for Suarez.

Suarez may have been let down a bit but he got a lot of support from the club and manager, both of whom have had to apologise for it.

Oh and he has won a cup and is part of a squad which has seen loads of investment.

Oh and he has been here only 1 full season. If he is fed up after just 1 full season then why the fuck are we signing players like these?

Why the fuck do we feel so sorry for ourselves? We haven got lots of things to be optimistic about. We have done something that the amazing 08/09 team wished they could do which was actually win a trophy, we have Kenny in charge, healthy finances and a good squad basis, which doesn't need a massive overhaul.

Boo fucking hoo that we don't make the Champions League for another season. Boo fucking hoo we don't get this Cavani. The world of good strikers will not end just because we don't sign players like him. We just have to find them, like we found other good strikers, like Torres.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2012, 10:43:43 am by killer_heels »

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #671 on: March 4, 2012, 10:40:09 am »

;D I got carried away

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #672 on: March 4, 2012, 10:43:02 am »
The Cavani stuff is genuinely far-fetched. There's just no way he'd come to a team playing Europa League football, in a league that isn't superior to Serie A and in a team with lot of desperately mediocre British players, unless we flung the entire staff waged budget combined at him as remuneration. Simple as, really. a) he seems pretty content where he is and is playing alongside some fabulous players like Hamsik b) if and when he does decide to move, it will clearly be to the likes of Manchester City or Chelsea, or Barca or Madrid.

I think most of us can agree that there have been some disastrous/disappointing movement in the transfer market under the Kenny and Comolli regime - probably the majority, in fact. But it will be somewhat crass to beat them with the stick of not having signed the likes of Cavani in the summer, when realistically there is absolutely zero fucking chance of it. I think future rebuilding is more likely to be in the mould of Borussia Dortmund rather than one of the wealthier/CL clubs. Not necessarily a bad thing, assuming (a big 'if', I know) they have the ability to assess players with that level of potential, on the cheap. Comolli does not inspire me with confidence, frankly. No wonder that pork-chop faced bent cockney c**t 'arry made it a pre-condition of accepting the Spurs job that Damien be sacked. I would too.

You're probably right, we need to find the next cavani and I  believe that could be abel hernandez

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #673 on: March 4, 2012, 10:44:18 am »
If we are talking realistic and want Cavani then we won't sign much else to to his price, athough I would be happy with that.

If we want all spots covered for a decent price, there is so many suggestions. What about:

CM - Joe Allen, 7M.

Wing - Arjen Robben, 15M.

ST - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. 20M.

42M, with no doubt 10M being recouped is a modest outlay.

(FM Formation :P )

Reina

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique

Lucas - Allen

Robben - Gerrard - Suarez

Huntelaar
« Last Edit: March 4, 2012, 10:46:50 am by JamesLS7 »

Offline dudek05

• Main Stander
« Reply #674 on: March 4, 2012, 10:45:07 am »
Comolli is correct we only need 2 adjustments :1) the midfield and 2) the strikeforce.

We have become the very opposite of Man Utd who I would describe as a results machine. They can scrape results game after game without playing well and the game at Anfield this season was a further example of how we outclass them and they still come away with a late equaliser.

Liverpool on the other hand will dominate teams create loads of chances, hit the wood work miss penalties and then concede out of nothing. The game yesterday against Arsenal was like having our season summed up in a single game.

On the upside we have won a trophy and are still in another cup, but the focus for the management must be on bringing in the most clinical players possible in the summer to allow us to punch our weight.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: March 4, 2012, 10:45:42 am »

Reus isnt going to Bayern. He chose and signed for Dortmund...

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #676 on: March 4, 2012, 10:46:59 am »
If we are talking realistic and want Cavani then we won't sign much else to to his price, athough I would be happy with that.

If we want all spots covered for a decent price, there is so many suggestions. What about:

CM - Joe Allen, 7M.

Wing - Arjen Robben, 15M.

ST - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. 20M.

42M, with no doubt 10M being recouped is a modest outlay.

We wouldn't sign Robben and Huntelaar they would cost too much considering their age, they would be losing value rather than gaining value

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #677 on: March 4, 2012, 10:47:41 am »
to be honest i have a feeling,even if we sign Xavi,Messi, they aren't going to get a game ahead of Downing and Adam
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: March 4, 2012, 10:48:23 am »
to be honest i have a feeling,even if we sign Xavi,Messi, they aren't going to get a game ahead of Downing and Adam

Well clearly that is a ridiculous statement. Unless your just being sarcastic of course.

Offline Percito

• Main Stander
« Reply #679 on: March 4, 2012, 10:48:40 am »
You're probably right, we need to find the next cavani and I  believe that could be abel hernandez

Seems like a possibility to me, for sure. I'd certainly make an effort to sign him...