Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2877822 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #9400 on: May 14, 2019, 06:26:25 pm »
Those Golden Boots don't suit him well. Both are right ones (aren't they?) going on his weaker foot.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9401 on: May 14, 2019, 07:18:54 pm »
Number 74 in the Instagram 100 Most Beautiful list 2019. ;D

https://www.instagram.com/100mostbeautifullist/
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline UnitedCharity

• No new LFC topics
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9402 on: May 16, 2019, 12:26:37 pm »
For the benefit of the German children's charity Kinderlachen, we're auctioning off a Liverpool shirt signed by Mo Salah: https://www.unitedcharity.de/en/Auctions/Mo-Salah-shirt

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #9403 on: May 16, 2019, 12:44:40 pm »
For the benefit of the German children's charity Kinderlachen, we're auctioning off a Liverpool shirt signed by Mo Salah: https://www.unitedcharity.de/en/Auctions/Mo-Salah-shirt
Wish you the very best with this auction and for your charity in general.

Interesting how you describe Mo as being a "vice champion" of the league. Is this a direct translation from a German term or something?

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9404 on: May 16, 2019, 12:45:31 pm »
He'll score in Madrid, I'm sure of it. Hopefully it's the winner first of many!

fixed
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9405 on: May 16, 2019, 01:02:13 pm »

I remember when we had one of the better looking squads in the world. 08/09 - Aurelio, Alonso, Agger, Gerrard, Torres. Oof. Now Mo is our best looker? Think we need Mr. Edwards to up his talent spotting in the area that most matters.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9406 on: May 16, 2019, 01:20:50 pm »
I remember when we had one of the better looking squads in the world. 08/09 - Aurelio, Alonso, Agger, Gerrard, Torres. Oof. Now Mo is our best looker? Think we need Mr. Edwards to up his talent spotting in the area that most matters.

He has got that smart beardo look that none of the others can replicate. But, yeah. Now that we've got Alisson, the level is upped more. I don't think there's a more handsome fella than Alisson in the PL.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9407 on: May 16, 2019, 10:05:14 pm »
He has got that smart beardo look that none of the others can replicate. But, yeah. Now that we've got Alisson, the level is upped more. I don't think there's a more handsome fella than Alisson in the PL.

Not since Emre left. :'(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9408 on: May 16, 2019, 10:54:46 pm »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that

That's a shite list - totally subjective, and I reckon our Mo is probably in there for some other motive of the creator.
Not that he's not 'worthy' of such a list, but he sticks out a bit cos everyone else on there has that conventional model/actor look apart from him.

I noticed The Rock on there too  ;D :o

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9409 on: May 16, 2019, 10:58:06 pm »
I reckon he underperformed by his standards in terms of goal scoring this season. Which is frightening for everyone else who wants to get their hands on the golden boot for the foreseeable!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9410 on: May 17, 2019, 05:56:27 pm »
I reckon he underperformed by his standards in terms of goal scoring this season. Which is frightening for everyone else who wants to get their hands on the golden boot for the foreseeable!
Very true.

I'm still confused.

Would Mo class himself as a striker or a winger or something else?
He's mainly been used as a winger most of his career hasn't he?

In that case, his goal record is even more astonishing.

Or is it just the case that he's another example of the modern day inverted-winger cum forward who cuts in and bangs them in as frequently as a traditional no.9 ?
Like Ronaldo, Messi, Ribery et al

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9411 on: May 17, 2019, 06:13:44 pm »
Wish you the very best with this auction and for your charity in general.

Interesting how you describe Mo as being a "vice champion" of the league. Is this a direct translation from a German term or something?

It is a direct translation of the word 'Vizemeister' which is used to mean runner-up.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #9412 on: May 17, 2019, 06:14:05 pm »
Very true.

I'm still confused.

Would Mo class himself as a striker or a winger or something else?
He's mainly been used as a winger most of his career hasn't he?

In that case, his goal record is even more astonishing.

Or is it just the case that he's another example of the modern day inverted-winger cum forward who cuts in and bangs them in as frequently as a traditional no.9 ?
Like Ronaldo, Messi, Ribery et al

It's better to just class them as "attackers" :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9413 on: May 17, 2019, 07:48:38 pm »
It's better to just class them as "attackers" :D
Yep, it certainly simplifies things.

But it interests me how modern day play compares to the 'old' stuff from the 80s etc. when all we knew (as fans anyway) was 4-4-2....2 up top etc.
I remember Spurs went revolutionary at one point with a 3-5-2 ? Hahaha

So could we compare Rushie's numbers with Mo's for example?
I'd mainly like to compare just to understand how great these current player's numbers are...

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9414 on: May 18, 2019, 12:06:16 am »
Reflecting on the season, probably in a neck and neck tie with VvD for most important player.  Everything flows through him offensively when he's on the field.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9415 on: May 18, 2019, 08:45:21 am »
Reflecting on the season, probably in a neck and neck tie with VvD for most important player.  Everything flows through him offensively when he's on the field.
Agreed. He had a tough run infront of goal for a while, but over the whole season he was the most important attacker. Mane ran him close in the end after a fantastic 2019, but during the first few months, Salah was the outstanding player. And he wasn’t bad in the run in either...

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9416 on: May 22, 2019, 01:05:40 am »
I suspect he’s hungry, you know. Well, fucking starving, actually. Ravenous, in a way that has absolutely nothing to do with Ramadan.

I don’t know the man personally; I’d have no inclination to do so even if I was given the chance, albeit he does seem like an interesting individual. I’ve seen too many come and go over the years to become invested in him to any greater extent than his ability to carve his name into the floors, walls, doors, ceilings, roof, the fucking fixtures and fittings of this club alongside names like “Dalglish”, “Souness”, “Rush”. “Mo woz ere” scrawled everywhere, seared into the front lawn, carved into the hedges, forever. That’s all I want.

Xabi Alonso was the worst: broke my fucking heart when he left, broke me to such an extent that I would shed few tears, figurative or otherwise, when the likes of Torres, Mascherano, Suárez, Sterling and Coutinho packed their bags and followed him (maybe a couple for Pepe Reina). But we always had Istanbul, didn’t we Xabi? We’ll always have that much.

Mo Salah will leave one day too, whether for greener pastures or because his work here is done. When that day comes, I would dearly love to similarly say “we’ll always have Madrid, Mo”. Much more than just Madrid by then, hopefully, but this is the opportunity immediately at hand. There will always be Madrid if Liverpool win on the 1st. Always and forever. Immortality beckons: do you doubt that he’s the type to seize it with both hands?

This is what I know: he’s scored 70 goals in 103 games for this club. But that’s just your hors d’oeuvre.

A year ago, he skipped into Kiev with PFA awards, FWA awards, Golden Boots, Golden Sambas and 44 goals stuffed into his back pocket. About the only thing he didn’t have on him was a care in the world, that is until he was removed by force from the biggest game of his life. And as he walked down the tunnel in tears, or perhaps later that night when the noise around him subsided and left him alone with his thoughts, all of those awards and achievements, if only in the moment, must have suddenly felt illusory, as though they had been robbed from him along with his chance to illuminate club football’s biggest stage.

What should have been the next major milestone in his career, his first World Cup, was subsequently tainted by that injury, as well as his national FA leading him unknowingly into a photo op with a man facilitating, amongst other things, a “purge” of LGBT people in Chechnya. That debacle was supposedly enough for him to have considered his international future, following a competition that should have been a highlight of his career.

After that, he returned to England and excelled once again amidst a cacophony of voices alternately calling him a “one-season wonder”, “selfish and greedy”, a cheat and a diver, topped off by a squad of fellow professionals singing about that injury suffered in Kiev and inserting one of their own in the role of Sergio Ramos, as if taking a perverse thrill in what must have been one of the most miserable nights of his professional career. But yeah, “if someone was offended, I’m sorry, I apologise, but it was never our intention.”

(Hey, Pep? :tosser)

He also went through his first (thoroughly publicised) lean patch this season: from his double at home to Crystal Palace on the 19th of January to the crucial counter-attack that put Liverpool’s noses in front at Southampton on the 5th of April, Mo Salah scored 1 goal in 11 games in all competitions, across two and a half months. He played all but 11 minutes of those games, too.

But he came through that, rebounding with 6 in 9 to finish the season and saving the day against Barcelona with his t-shirt (not really, but it could become very iconic very soon). That redemption began with Toby Alderweireld and Hugo Lloris at Anfield on the last day of March. Not only does he come into this final in form, he’s scored 3 goals in 4 games against Tottenham since his arrival at the club, including arguably the finest of his Liverpool career to date at Anfield last season where he seemed to leave their entire defence on their arses. And his recent concussion against Newcastle hopefully means that we’ve gotten that particular injury out of our collective system before the game this time.

Did I mention that he loves this competition? (“I will be honest with you, the most prestigious competition for me is the Champions League.”)

Did I mention that he missed the opportunity to contribute anything beyond a fashion choice to what will go down in history as one of the most famous European Cup comebacks of all time a couple of weeks back?

I say again: I don’t know the man personally. But if he isn’t looking to stamp his name all over this final and ram it down the collective throats of his enemies, if he isn’t imagining all the ways he can wreak his vengeance and claim his redemption in Madrid for so many injuries, both physical and mental, if he isn’t pulsating with excitement at this opportunity to make history on the biggest stage of them all, then he’s a different player than the one I’ve been watching for the past two years, namely an ambitious, fearless warrior. An Egyptian king, if you will.

Honestly; my advice to Tottenham would be to arrive in Madrid early, look up Señor Ramos’ dōjō, and take some judo lessons because Mo is coming for them in the very realest sense.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2019, 08:55:15 pm by E2K »
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #9418 on: May 22, 2019, 01:31:26 am »
It's Mo's stage. Oh, and Mane's. Poor spurs defenders.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9419 on: May 22, 2019, 01:46:29 am »

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9420 on: May 22, 2019, 02:50:52 am »
E2K,
You wrote above, "This is what I know: he’s scored 70 goals in 74 goals for this club. But that’s just your hors d’oeuvre."

was that a typo?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9421 on: May 22, 2019, 04:01:45 am »
E2k your writing is jizz worthy mate :D

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9422 on: May 22, 2019, 06:05:22 am »

:wellin :wellin

Can you do a similar speech as a message to all those that have tickets, just to advise them that for 90 minutes or longer they all need to be as intimidating and defiant as the crowd were against Barca and at the end of the Wolves game?? Make it feel like Anfield and not be fucking about taking photos/videos whilst the games going on. Post it everywhere facebook, twitter, forums, instagram etc, fuck even get it on tv, radio the lot, who bloody cares what others think. We must bring this trophy back this time by any means neccessary and this is our biggest influence.

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9423 on: May 22, 2019, 08:37:31 am »
E2K,
You wrote above, "This is what I know: he’s scored 70 goals in 74 goals for this club. But that’s just your hors d’oeuvre."

was that a typo?

Fixed ;D Thanks for spotting it.
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #9424 on: June 1, 2019, 10:58:29 pm »
Champions League winner.
Premier League golden boot x2
Champions League final goal scorer.
Legend.

:champ
Linudden.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #9425 on: June 1, 2019, 11:13:57 pm »
He deserved to score that one after last year. He's come full circle from Kiev and now he's scored a goal to help us with the EUROPEAN CUP!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9426 on: June 1, 2019, 11:33:42 pm »
He's done ok for a one season wonder like.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9427 on: June 1, 2019, 11:34:32 pm »
Champions League winner.
Premier League golden boot x2
Champions League final goal scorer.
Legend.

:champ

35 million  :lmao
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9428 on: June 1, 2019, 11:39:12 pm »
ONE SEASON WONDER!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #9429 on: June 1, 2019, 11:39:41 pm »
I'm so happy for him

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9430 on: June 2, 2019, 03:53:26 pm »
71 goals in 104 games (average of 35 goals across his 2 seasons here)

Let that sink in

He wil score his 100th goals for us next season undoubtedly
« Last Edit: June 2, 2019, 04:06:41 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9431 on: June 2, 2019, 03:56:11 pm »
Yeah I expect he will have a 30+ goals season next year
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #9432 on: June 2, 2019, 04:04:28 pm »
71 goals in 104 games (average of 25 goals across his 2 seasons here)

Let that sink in

He wil score his 100th goals for us next season undoubtedly

Delighted for him after last year's final, and he's only 26 - entering his prime years.

He'll be overtaking Torres and Suarez in the club all time scorers list soon, then knocking on the door of the likes of Toshack, Keegan and Barnes. Incredible numbers in just two seasons, and if he can keep injury free he could be our 20 goals a season player for another 4-5 years.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9433 on: June 3, 2019, 07:43:07 am »
Always felt he would score .What was the celebration about with the nose?
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9434 on: June 3, 2019, 09:02:12 am »
He is just about pace apparently......... ;D
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9435 on: June 3, 2019, 05:03:20 pm »
Why are some news agencies still writing up the bust up & transfer request???

Offline Doogie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9436 on: June 3, 2019, 05:08:18 pm »
Yeah I just read the crazy transfer story in the express...wtf...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9437 on: June 3, 2019, 05:56:57 pm »
Stop reading shite papers and you'll be fine :)

Over the moon for him to score in the final and win it after last year. This will just open the hunger even more to be successful here with us.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9438 on: June 3, 2019, 05:59:01 pm »
Even if he wanted to leave, he has signed a new contract. No one will be able to afford him.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #9439 on: June 3, 2019, 06:03:03 pm »
Even if he wanted to leave, he has signed a new contract. No one will be able to afford him.

He doesn't want to leave whatsoever and he did say it MANY MANY TIMES.