Author Topic: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?  (Read 178931 times)

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
Re: Parking around Anfield
« Reply #240 on: December 31, 2016, 09:15:29 am »
Need a car park closer to the ground (needs to be 5 minute walk no more really for my grandad (has a blue badge) - he's getting to old to walk now from the normal place now. I dont mind paying - any places guys? (as usual the club was rubbish and couldn't help.

Think there's one on Oakfield Rd and also near the petrol station near the Kop. The stewards outside may be able to help as well

Just re-reading, if you have a blue badge, you should be ok in the streets near the ground.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:19:05 am by liversaint »
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: January 1, 2017, 10:50:10 am »
Well our regular place has gone ! - they've been out with the yellow paint and cut down a lot of the free spaces since the last match - parked a bit further away so  ended up stuck in traffic afterwards.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #242 on: January 1, 2017, 11:28:15 am »
Need a car park closer to the ground (needs to be 5 minute walk no more really for my grandad (has a blue badge) - he's getting to old to walk now from the normal place now. I dont mind paying - any places guys? (as usual the club was rubbish and couldn't help.

I always thought that if you had a blue badge you would be able to park on the street?

The Sandon has a car park though, not sure if it's corporate only or not, but if you get there early enough you can park there.

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: January 19, 2017, 03:04:56 pm »
Folks, a cousin is flying into England for a couple of days with his son and father in law for Swansea match (12.30 ko) They are staying in Manchester and have rented a car so will drive up from Salford to Liverpool on the morning of the match and then they need to catch a flight from Manchester Airport after the game (7.15pm flight).

Where would be the best place for them to park, that is max maybe 10 mins walk from the ground and easy enough to get on the motorway to Manchester?

Thanks
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #244 on: January 19, 2017, 05:05:23 pm »
There's a car park on the left as you go along Utting Avenue towards the ground, just after you pass Pinehurst Avenue (again on your left). It's quite expensive I believe and I think you would have to get there handy to get a spec. Alternative is the Asda car park, again on Utting Avenue but it's a 20 minute walk at least. But it is free!

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2017, 12:06:49 pm »
Does anyone know how long before st john's catholic primary school opens before a match for parking?  Having to drive to the Spurs match as will miss the last train home, but wanted to go into Liverpool for the afternoon beforehand and need to dump the car somewhere.  Don't want to pay to park in the city centre and then up near the ground.

Online anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2017, 03:37:27 pm »
Does anyone know how long before st john's catholic primary school opens before a match for parking?  Having to drive to the Spurs match as will miss the last train home, but wanted to go into Liverpool for the afternoon beforehand and need to dump the car somewhere.  Don't want to pay to park in the city centre and then up near the ground.

Car park opens 3 hours before the match.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2017, 08:54:31 pm »
Car park opens 3 hours before the match.
Is this still the case on an early kick off?
For example tomorrow.

Cheers

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #248 on: February 1, 2017, 07:07:30 pm »
Just for everyone's information I parked on Richard Kelly Drive over the road from the Walton Asda last night & some local scumbag scratched "Shit Liverpool " into the side of my car.
If you're reading this & happen to be this person or know them ( though I doubt your capability to read) I wish you & your kin all the pain in the universe.
For everyone else be aware of these twats.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #249 on: February 1, 2017, 08:41:55 pm »
Just for everyone's information I parked on Richard Kelly Drive over the road from the Walton Asda last night & some local scumbag scratched "Shit Liverpool " into the side of my car.
If you're reading this & happen to be this person or know them ( though I doubt your capability to read) I wish you & your kin all the pain in the universe.
For everyone else be aware of these twats.

Fucking hell, there's some twats about. I park around there sometimes, might stick to the Asda.  :-\
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #250 on: February 3, 2017, 11:40:33 am »
Fucking hell, there's some twats about. I park around there sometimes, might stick to the Asda.  :-\

Is it ok to park in Asda?  I'm always wary of getting a ticket as I know there are signs saying you can only park there for so long.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: February 3, 2017, 11:53:37 am »
Is it ok to park in Asda?  I'm always wary of getting a ticket as I know there are signs saying you can only park there for so long.

Years ago they seemed to be more picky but loads do it nowadays. I wouldn't do it for a Sunday afternoon game as they close at 4pm so it looks obvious that you are at the match if your car is left there but as it's 24 hour the rest of the time I will use it when I need to. I often go in and get shopping after games anyway.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redbairn

• Main Stander
« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2017, 08:01:45 am »
Hi, driving down from Scotland for Burnley game, where would be best to park? Looking for easiness and don't mind walking a bit especially if it means we don't have to queue forever after the game, also willing to pay but not £25. Does the Asda car park have barriers for when it shuts at 4pm on a Sunday? I've also read about parking at the bingo hall just across from Goodison? What would be the better option?

Cheers

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2017, 09:44:08 am »
Hi, driving down from Scotland for Burnley game, where would be best to park? Looking for easiness and don't mind walking a bit especially if it means we don't have to queue forever after the game, also willing to pay but not £25. Does the Asda car park have barriers for when it shuts at 4pm on a Sunday? I've also read about parking at the bingo hall just across from Goodison? What would be the better option?

Cheers

If you don't want to pay Asda is your best bet, there's no barriers and loads park in there or in the roads around it. It's about 20 mins to walk from there. Obviously it's pretty clear why your car is sitting there after 4pm but as I say loads do it anyway.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:47:25 am by redgriffin73 »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2017, 11:00:42 am »

Cheers

If you don't mind walking from round by Goodison the tesco on county road let people park for a fiver - though, thinking about it I walked past on Saturday and didn't see them there, you could phone and ask if they're still doing it they only charge for Everton home games - might be worth a look. Alsop School also do parking for a fiver or something - it's off the drive so quicker for the lancs etc, though I guess the speediness of your getaway depends on how fast you get over the park.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:19:24 am by Claire. »

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2017, 01:56:43 pm »
I know it's already been mentioned in the thread but is Goodison still permit only?

I know last time I tried there it was and they directed me to a school around the corner, that was also permit!

EDIT - Goodison is still permit only.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:30:51 am by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline OptoMystik

• Main Stander
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2017, 10:37:41 pm »
Parked on Goodison for the Burnley match.

It was £15.

Signs up saying that parking season tickets were available.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:42:51 pm by OptoMystik »

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2017, 11:01:31 pm »

It was £15.

£15!!!!

You can park a five minute walk away from there for nothing

Offline OptoMystik

• Main Stander
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2017, 11:05:16 pm »
I didn't pay!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2017, 10:22:56 am »
£15!!!!

You can park a five minute walk away from there for nothing

Where do you normally park?

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2017, 12:16:40 pm »

It was £15.

I contacted Everton about a parking season ticket for goodison and was quoted £250 which is over the odds in my opinion. Would need to be at least 6 home cup games
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:20:30 pm by Jamie_G »
Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2017, 12:19:05 pm »
I contacted Everton about a season ticket for goodison and was quoted £250 which is over the odds in my opinion

It will likely be more next season if we are in Europe as I don't think that price includes that.

I do think the club are partly at fault, Stanley Park car park you cannot pay on the day to get in as it's permit holder only, it was half empty last time I tried to get on there.
Obviously that may have changed since then.

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2017, 12:23:48 pm »
It use to be £10 at Goodison but the car park next to it has put their price up to £15

If you are paying in advance for a parking season ticket you would want it to be cheaper than paying on the day
Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #263 on: March 14, 2017, 12:30:01 pm »
It use to be £10 at Goodison but the car park next to it has put their price up to £15

If you are paying in advance for a parking season ticket you would want it to be cheaper than paying on the day

Also if you can't get to every game it doesn't work out good value at all.

That said for me it's an ideal location as it gets me back on the A59/M58/M6 route home quick, my son is disabled so ideally want a decent route out after the game as I don't want if possible to be too late home, and some areas around the ground are packed afterwards.

I know it's the blue shite ground but the car park is decent as it's secure and you can always get out easy irrespective of where you park, some places block the exits with cars.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:33:39 pm by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #264 on: March 14, 2017, 12:44:39 pm »
Also if you can't get to every game it doesn't work out good value at all.

That said for me it's an ideal location as it gets me back on the A59/M58/M6 route home quick, my son is disabled so ideally want a decent route out after the game as I don't want if possible to be too late home, and some areas around the ground are packed afterwards.

I know it's the blue shite ground but the car park is decent as it's secure and you can always get out easy irrespective of where you park, some places block the exits with cars.

Agree that Goodison isn't a bad option but at £15 it is expensive.

I sometimes park at the primary school just past the entrance to goodison car park - £10 a go which is usual easy to get out from but a bit further to walk.

I also have a car parking pass for the hospitality car park on Stanley park (until end of season) - it is great location wise but can be a real pain getting out of after the game. Actually didn't use it last time

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #265 on: March 21, 2017, 05:54:02 pm »
Do they do parking at the Sandon?

I'm taking my kid to his first evening game. I normally walk into town and drive home from there.

Probably a bit much for him so I'm looking for somewhere easy to park, and I've not driven to Anfield for donkeys years...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #266 on: March 23, 2017, 08:27:04 am »

I'm taking my kid to his first evening game. I normally walk into town and drive home from there.

Probably a bit much for him so I'm looking for somewhere easy to park, and I've not driven to Anfield for donkeys years...

Don't think the sand do it, but there a couple a bit further down, and the ASDA option as mentioned above. Also out by Belmont Rd on that side of the ground.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2017, 08:44:21 pm »

they do but you'll need to be early as it fills up quickly
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2017, 05:25:30 pm »
Is the car park on the road down between the Stanley and the lights at Everton Valley all permit now? Think it used to be a primary school.

Used to park there regularly, always good for a space as long as you weren't too late but could be a pain getting out after. Went past there a few times this season and it looked rammed quite early on and they were letting people park in bits that weren't usually used before.
Legacy fan

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2017, 05:40:15 am »
Anyone know if Goodison is back available for parking? Tried it for a few night matches last season and we were turned away being told it was permit only.
A lad I work with parked there on Saturday though, maybe scrapped the permit scheme?

Offline ahannon88

• Kemlynite
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2017, 09:19:02 am »
I parked at goodison for Burnley & was no issue

Offline OptoMystik

• Main Stander
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2017, 09:47:10 am »
Park on Goodison every match. It's  £10 compared to £15 on the adjacent one. I got there by 1.45 for the Huddersfield game and there was loads of room  so get there early before it fills up.

Although it's not free, at least I know it's secure and can get back onto the East Lancs without much hassle.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: December 24, 2017, 07:19:09 pm »
Has anyone parked at the Stanley Park car park? Got tickets for the Swansea game and I can park at the car park but I hear it's manic getting out.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #273 on: December 24, 2017, 11:40:03 pm »
Has anyone parked at the Stanley Park car park? Got tickets for the Swansea game and I can park at the car park but I hear it's manic getting out.

great getting away if you get back to your car straight after the final whistle. when ever ive used it i always walk down to near the exit so i cant get straight off on the final whistle

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 25, 2017, 12:59:03 am »
great getting away if you get back to your car straight after the final whistle. when ever ive used it i always walk down to near the exit so i cant get straight off on the final whistle
Thanks bud will keep that in mind.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?
« Reply #275 on: February 20, 2018, 09:56:43 am »
Heading to Anfield for the first time in a few years for the Newcastle game. I've never driven there before, was wondering where the best place to park is? Don't mind paying.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2018, 04:58:29 pm »
Is the Dockers Club on Townsend Ave still open for matchday parking?

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #277 on: April 20, 2018, 07:43:19 am »
Is the Dockers Club on Townsend Ave still open for matchday parking?

Yeah, it is. That's where we usually park if we're driving. £5.

As a slight aside, it's mad that it's still just sitting there untouched:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gallery/inside-old-anfield-dockers-club-14087573
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:47:22 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2018, 10:40:31 am »
I've been parking at the bingo centre on Carsibrooke road for the last few years. £7.50 and a piece of piss to get out of after the match. Normally back on the M62 within 15mins of getting back to the car.
Easy walk through Stanley park as well
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2018, 11:04:41 am »
I've been parking at the bingo centre on Carsibrooke road for the last few years. £7.50 and a piece of piss to get out of after the match. Normally back on the M62 within 15mins of getting back to the car.
Easy walk through Stanley park as well

You not get held up down Queens Drive?