Author Topic: England v Netherlands  (Read 81279 times)

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: England v Netherlands
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2012, 06:31:08 pm »
Sundays final went into extra time. It took more out of the players playing in this match than any of the league matches. It's not special treatment to make allowances, when looking at the difference between a cup final and a league match.
Have you seen Pearce's first XI then mate?
psn = Lents123

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2012, 06:39:38 pm »
Just to put my views in perspective - I Hate the FA & England. This was from the late 70's when Liverpool supplied 6 of the starting team - Ray Clemence, Phil Neal, Terry McDermott, Emlyn Hughes, Ray Kennedy and Ian Callaghan + Keegan who had just moved to Hamburg. they didnt have a good word to say.

If Pearce hasnt the grace to name Gerrard captain now - he should fuck them off & I hope he does.

And only a few weeks ago Pearce & Southgate were slimeing around the academy http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/02/16/days-of-friction-and-division-between-liverpool-fc-s-two-training-bases-are-in-the-past-explains-academy-director-frank-mcparland-100252-30340926/   maybe our views of the FA hit home.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2012, 06:47:04 pm »
Have you seen Pearce's first XI then mate?

Has Pearce?

I'm just of the opinion that after being involved in a cup final that players shouldn't have to be involved in international duty, unless it just involves travelling with the team and nothing else.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:50:39 pm by wheresnemeth »
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2012, 06:48:50 pm »
Haha fair one.

The point is, don't get wound up by it there's no way Gerrard will play 90. Johnson is out, Kuyt didn't play 120 on Sunday. Hope I haven't missed anyone from that match. However, what about all the other internationals tomorrow? I don't follow it too closely but surely half our squad is involved either at senior or u21 level?
psn = Lents123

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:35 pm »
Haha fair one.

The point is, don't get wound up by it there's no way Gerrard will play 90. Johnson is out, Kuyt didn't play 120 on Sunday. Hope I haven't missed anyone from that match. However, what about all the other internationals tomorrow? I don't follow it too closely but surely half our squad is involved either at senior or u21 level?

I'm more worried about having a fit full strength side for Sunday, glad to hear about Johnson's 'minor' 'injury' though.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2012, 07:44:01 pm »
Whatever happened to Five Live? It's turned into the Sunday Supplement with a bunch of clueless journalists sat around talking out of their arse. Why not get in some knowledgeable people about the game, players or ex-managers who if nothing else can give insight into these kind of internationals and their mindset going into these games. This is the first time I've listened to it on a Monday night in a while but is it always like this?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2012, 07:58:01 pm »
Whatever happened to Five Live? It's turned into the Sunday Supplement with a bunch of clueless journalists sat around talking out of their arse. Why not get in some knowledgeable people about the game, players or ex-managers who if nothing else can give insight into these kind of internationals and their mindset going into these games. This is the first time I've listened to it on a Monday night in a while but is it always like this?

Its Tuesday mate, but your right - its been a pile of shite.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2012, 08:27:25 pm »
Its Tuesday mate, but your right - its been a pile of shite.

Oh right, Tuesday yeah. I thought they'd have on proper guests and discuss the potential team tomorrow and maybe a bit about Holland but there's been absolutely nothing. All they've done is slag off Capello, slag off Pearce for not telling them who the captain is - which, by the way, they've again made a huge deal out of - and talk about how great it would be when Redknapp takes over - of course they also absolved him of all blame for conceding five on Sunday.

I was listening to Five Live's show from Friday night when they had the London Symphony Orchestra on and various people from the world of sport - Mo Farah, Denise Lewis, Pat Nevin, Kris Akabussi - who were talking about out their experiences in sport (the show was more specifically about music and sport which is why the LSO was on) and they had Colin Murray presenting (who's actually pretty good in contrast to the one today, Mark Chapman I think). It was genuinely interesting and enjoyable to listen to. Today in contrast has been awful.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2012, 08:34:02 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2012, 08:34:22 pm »
I'm more worried about having a fit full strength side for Sunday, glad to hear about Johnson's 'minor' 'injury' though.

Saturday 12:45
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2012, 08:40:11 pm »
.I was listening to Five Live's show from Friday night when they had the London Symphony Orchestra on and various people from the world of sport - Mo Farah, Denise Lewis, Pat Nevin, Kris Akabussi - who were talking about out their experiences in sport (the show was more specifically about music and sport which is why the LSO was on) and they had Colin Murray presenting (who's actually pretty good in contrast to the one today, Mark Chapman I think). It was genuinely interesting and enjoyable to listen to. Today in contrast has been awful.

Friday was a good listen - but sadly Five Live's production values has seemed to decline over the last few years. If fact rather than raise themselves above talksport they seem to want to compete at their low level. I'm surprised by the amount of S*n reporters they seem to employ for comments.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2012, 08:52:32 pm »
After what we have been through this season, I will find it hard to take any Liverpool 'supporter' seriously if they actively support England tomorrow night or in the summer.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2012, 08:59:29 pm »
After what we have been through this season, I will find it hard to take any Liverpool 'supporter' seriously if they actively support England tomorrow night or in the summer.

Why?

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2012, 09:00:41 pm »
Fuck off england.

Why do people on here actually want our players to be selected? I want as many united players in the 11 as possible.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2012, 09:12:26 pm »
Fuck off england.

Why do people on here actually want our players to be selected? I want as many united players in the 11 as possible.

Mixed emotions about England. On one hand I want them to do well because I'm English and a few Liverpool lads are playing but on the other I cant stand a lot of the players selected, The FA are complete and utter c*nts and the media circus surrounding the team and captaincy makes it unbearable.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2012, 09:20:38 pm »
I agree with wheresnemeth. Any player who has played 120 minutes on Sunday shouldn't be playing on Wednesday for a friendly. Have Gerrard around the camp and so on sure, but make someone else captain, perhaps someone who hasn't captained the seniors before to make it a nice occasion. Or infuriate the press and the fans by making Gerrard captain, announcing it then leaving him out of the squad completly, trying to take away the importance of the armband by doing that.

Problem is, Pearce's rather bizarre decision not to replace any of the injured players may leave him rather short of central midfielders, or those who can play behind the main striker. So I think Gerrard is going to get game time, probably start and play 45 minutes.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2012, 09:33:47 pm »
If Gerrard plays more than 45-minutes I'll be going down to FAHQ with a bagfull of fire-bombs, same with any of our boys really, but especially the Cap'n.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2012, 10:38:38 pm »
How fucking irritating is Stuart Pearce?

'At this maowmant in toime' and all sorts of other out of place pleasantries over and over again trying to sound all head prefect with his choir boy hair cut and boil washed face. The guys done my fucking head in for years

Hes the ideal candidate for the stiff wankers at the FA. What a shame for them hes shit
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »

'At this maowmant in toime' and all sorts of other out of place pleasantries over and over again trying to sound all head prefect with his choir boy hair cut and boil washed face. The guys done my fucking head in for years

Hes the ideal candidate for the stiff wankers at the FA. What a shame for them hes shit

Have to listen to both Pearce and Adrian Chiles tomorrow. The suicide rate will soar.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2012, 11:00:24 pm »
Have to listen to both Pearce and Adrian Chiles tomorrow. The suicide rate will soar.

Who the fuck gave Chiles a job in TV? The c*nt looks like a rag doll thats had paraffin poured on its face

Jurgen Klopp

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2012, 11:04:49 pm »
Who the fuck gave Chiles a job in TV? The c*nt looks like a rag doll thats had paraffin poured on its face

I'd give him one. Shortly after making SAW into a reality TV show.

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2012, 11:13:09 pm »
I'd give him one.

That is dangerously close to sig material

Jurgen Klopp

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2012, 11:41:02 pm »

Do you hold a grudge against Gerrard, Johnson and Downing b/c they're playing for England then?   

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #223 on: February 29, 2012, 12:17:12 am »
When it comes to England, I'm very patriotic. I don't like to think about club teams when watching England in competition. Of course, I want every player to avoid any sort of injury for their clubs sake, never mind England, but what I can't get my head around is people saying, I hope they lose, I hope they lose a peno shootout, I hate the England team. I find it soul destroying to be honest, I mean, if you are English, then why on earth would you want them to fail? I must be missing something here.  :no

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 29, 2012, 12:31:47 am »
When it comes to England, I'm very patriotic. I don't like to think about club teams when watching England in competition. Of course, I want every player to avoid any sort of injury for their clubs sake, never mind England, but what I can't get my head around is people saying, I hope they lose, I hope they lose a peno shootout, I hate the England team. I find it soul destroying to be honest, I mean, if you are English, then why on earth would you want them to fail? I must be missing something here.  :no

Because the English media is racist and xenophobic (bare in mind these are the same people who will happily cheer on Spain Argentina etc)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:46:34 am by Coolie High »

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #225 on: February 29, 2012, 12:32:18 am »

Did you find it hard to 'take any Liverpool 'supporter' seriously' if they supported the team on the pitch when H&G were raping us?

Fuck the men at the top of the england game, I hate the fuckers and have no time for them whatsoever, but I see no reason why I shouldn't want the team on the pitch to win a game.

Implying you can't be a Liverpool supporter if you support the national side (of whatever nation you choose to support) is inane, at best.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #226 on: February 29, 2012, 12:42:11 am »
Because the English media is racist and xenophobic \9bare in mind these are the same people who will happily cheer on Spain Argentina etc)
:o

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #227 on: February 29, 2012, 03:11:08 am »
If I was English (thank Christ I'm not) Id want them to lose as well. I would I tell you!

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #228 on: February 29, 2012, 07:39:46 am »
As others have said, the thought of the wankers at the FA sipping champagne and toasting a jolly good show winning the Euro's makes me physically ill.

The reaction from the famously xenophobic press would be similarly foul. Imagine how many souvenir copies the rags would sell full of rule Britannia rah rah rah bullshit and a free flag to put on your car.

Thirdly I don't want to see most of the bellends who play for England happy and that has been the case for a long time. Even with Gerrard etc in the team I'd rather not see "Wazza" and "JT" celebrating in June to be honest.

Finally I don't identify with most of the people who actively support England. The "Ing-ur-lund" yobs and especially the window lickers who think that 'Arry Redknapp is anywhere close to being a better manager than Capello (his treatment alone would be enough to put me off to be fair).

I've never been much of an England fan, but I think I am less an England fan than ever now.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #229 on: February 29, 2012, 08:47:21 am »
I don't think it's just a Liverpool or Northern thing. A lot of people just don't identify with England. And the numbers seem to be growing because most lads my brothers hang round with (ages 14-17) don't really care about International Football full stop.

I like the Netherlands and I like Germany after having visited these countries. I also have a soft spot for Paraguay - not sure why, but the fact I feel more affinity for these nations in terms of football tells me there's something definitely missing with regards to identifying with my home nation.

Wouldn't begrudge England winning anything because I wouldn't mind the Liverpool contingent picking up a World Cup. I don't want them to lose every game or anything. Overall I'm quite indifferent apart when they face a national team I do like.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 29, 2012, 09:09:55 am »
I can't be arsed with any international football in the regular football season, but I do love a tourney. Not arsed about England anymore, but I was until a couple of years ago. I just can't support a team full of so many c*nts anymore.
psn = Lents123

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 29, 2012, 09:28:50 am »
:o

What he said isn't necessarily true. Yes, the press are xenophobic and generally idiotic when it comes to England but I hardly know anyone who supports 'Spain or Argentina'. I don't support any national team so purely on footballing terms, I enjoy watching teams who play good football so Spain is the obvious one (though there seems to be a bit of a backlash against that now as some label it boring) as well us over the last few years having a Spanish manager and several Spanish players. Other countries fall into that category, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and the Netherlands and both France and Italy are better to watch to than England. Like others have said though, theres more than one reason why people don't support England, the press, the fact that rival players play for them, and the fact that the FA are bunch of wankers amongst others. That doesn't translate as 'hating anything English' as most people I know want England/Britain to do well in other sports. You only have to look this place when it comes to that.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 29, 2012, 09:42:06 am »
Hazell is right, i'll want England/GB to win in anything but I just don't like the football team. Everything about it. John Terry, Ashley Cole, Rooney etc, I want them all to fail miserably for their clubs every Saturday so i can't just like them every 2 years.
The FA, the tabloid media, the massive legions of absolute pricks that follow England, there's nothing likeable about them barring our lads.
psn = Lents123

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #233 on: February 29, 2012, 10:01:47 am »
I hope Holland gives a good beating to England
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 29, 2012, 10:10:19 am »
What is this English obsession with captaincy?
Never seen anything like it, very strange disorder indeed.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #235 on: February 29, 2012, 10:18:12 am »

I personally can't stand the English Media or the English FA. I think they are absolute twats. The way they have treated Liverpool down the years is a disgrace and the way they have treated our players when they have played for them has been a joke. I can't stand the little Eng-er-lunder mentality or the casual Xenophobia and racism (NF, Combat 18, EDL and the rest) that you see at their games. England fans are the worst fans I've stewarded as well - absolutely horrible bastards the lot of them. Can't stand them.

If England get beaten 5-0 tonight I'll be made up. Hope they get battered in each and every single game. Can't stand them.

England Rugby team - England Cricket Team - and any other team representing the country - fair enough I would love them to win.

But the English (Sorry London, Cockney, Old-Boys Club, backhanding, corrupt, idiotic, xenophobic, bigoted) Football Team can get to fuck.

They only thing they stand for is greed, corruption, dishonesty, favouritism, media fawning and shithouses.

Fuck em.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline greenone

• Dai Clarkson Dai Dai!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Some people believe in Jesus I believe in Ian Rush
« Reply #236 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:56 am »
What is this English obsession with captaincy?
Never seen anything like it, very strange disorder indeed.
In Rugby & Cricket it actually means something as the captain has an on field job to do. But it means fuck all in football, your just a ceremonial (coin) tosser.
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.” – Bill Shankly

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 29, 2012, 10:24:22 am »
I don't really support anyone in International football. England are a team full of pricks and the FA and the English press are a fucking disgrace, so I find it hilarious when they fail.

In general, I like the teams that play good football, so recently the likes of Germany and Spain. I also like Uruguay because of Luis, and because it seems like a boss country.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #238 on: February 29, 2012, 10:26:41 am »
It's fun to watch England lose. The whole thing is a circus.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #239 on: February 29, 2012, 10:30:14 am »

very well said mate
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.