Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 578729 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #3360 on: January 2, 2022, 08:09:05 pm »
The foul aside he was our best midfielder today, he worked exceptionally hard. He actually brought the ball out well a couple of times and got some good blocks in as well. He's not going to be picked every week which is right. But he has a role to play no matter how much others would like him out of the door.

He did not play well at all.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3361 on: January 2, 2022, 08:09:44 pm »
He did not play well at all.

He played better than anyone in midfield today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3362 on: January 2, 2022, 08:10:06 pm »
The foul aside he was our best midfielder today, he worked exceptionally hard. He actually brought the ball out well a couple of times and got some good blocks in as well. He's not going to be picked every week which is right. But he has a role to play no matter how much others would like him out of the door.
Milner did well, played with energy and determination others were lacking. But I'd say that Fab was very good too.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3363 on: January 2, 2022, 08:10:33 pm »
He played better than anyone in midfield today.

Not a high bar, the midfield was completely outplayed. Plus Milner made a mad decision with the foul where the goal came from.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3364 on: January 2, 2022, 08:12:51 pm »
Not a high bar, the midfield was completely outplayed. Plus Milner made a mad decision with the foul where the goal came from.

Well perhaps if other players had raised their own game we wouldn't have to be playing Milner so often. But they haven't so here we are.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3365 on: January 2, 2022, 08:15:07 pm »
Well perhaps if other players had raised their own game we wouldn't have to be playing Milner so often. But they haven't so here we are.
Spot on mate.

We signed this young lad for free and he gave us 6 fantastic seasons.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2022, 08:50:09 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3366 on: January 2, 2022, 11:42:01 pm »
Milner didn't have a good game in midfield then neither did anybody else, however he's 36 and past his best. I doubt Hendo and Fab will be here at that age and putting a shift in.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3367 on: January 3, 2022, 11:17:55 am »
I'd agree he was our best midfielder by a mile yesterday, particularly in the first half. You know what you're getting from Milner, which can't be said about the captain.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: January 3, 2022, 11:27:34 am »
I'd agree he was our best midfielder by a mile yesterday, particularly in the first half. You know what you're getting from Milner, which can't be said about the captain.

He’s had a great career  but we get from him now we can honestly get from half the starting CMs in the lower half of the table, kicking players about, pressing, fouling and lumping it up field. Great player in his time but at 36 his inadequacies are even more apparent, he couldn’t many games for City in CM as a 29 year old, but still plays CM for us.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: January 3, 2022, 11:39:42 am »
I love Milner but anyoneeee else has 65% pass completion and surrender possession 10 times in a game and their threads gaining pages of 'not good enough' 'get rid' 'he's done' 'legs have gone'

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #3370 on: January 3, 2022, 12:36:51 pm »
Sorry but that was an odd pick yesterday

Kieta starts I think we win that in fact

I think Milly starts should be selected a bit more carefully. Something tells me he is rather vocal about starting mind. Got to manage him
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3371 on: January 3, 2022, 12:44:56 pm »
I love Milner but anyoneeee else has 65% pass completion and surrender possession 10 times in a game and their threads gaining pages of 'not good enough' 'get rid' 'he's done' 'legs have gone'
He has paid his dues mate but unfortunately his legs have gone. Fantastic and reliable servant of our club, even played LB for an entire season and has won all there is to win. He deserves a good farewell.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3372 on: January 3, 2022, 12:52:45 pm »
He's giving his absolute all as you'd expect but it's ridiculous that we're in a position where he's still starting big away games that we need to win, up against the likes of Kante and Kovacic when his legs have gone. Spurs was one of those things as we had our whole midfield out ill, but what's the point in Keita and Ox if Milner's starting ahead of them in games like that?

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3373 on: January 3, 2022, 01:32:20 pm »
He has paid his dues mate but unfortunately his legs have gone. Fantastic and reliable servant of our club, even played LB for an entire season and has won all there is to win. He deserves a good farewell.

There's nothing James Milner can do in his time left at the club that will stop me from having the utmost respect for him. Great player at his best, model professional, if I had a kid who loved football, Milner is the type of player I would show him in terms of respect and professionalism.

That being said my point remains and I do feel it's becoming the norm for the same old names to be open season for criticism and others to be spared regardless of the level of performance. Yesterday for me was the biggest highlight yet of our problems and not just in the on field performance

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: January 3, 2022, 03:09:43 pm »

100% agree. Keita is the king of showing flashes of quality in amongst a lot of hiding and underperforming. Chamberlain has his uses and his moments, but lacks brains and has never looked fully right since the end of the 19-20 season, maybe even since his injury in April 2018. That's nearly £100m on those two players, and I'd still sooner have Milner in a tough game against quality, at least to give us 45-60 good minutes.

Keita in particular really ought to have made Milner more of a bit-part player, but he simply hasn't done anywhere near enough.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3375 on: January 3, 2022, 03:14:44 pm »
I was totally underwhelmed when we bought him. Why do we need a player who is at the end of their career and who hasn't the speed or fitness to compete.

Well how wrong was I? His game management and decision making is fantastic. His attitude and determination are second to none. He has been a star and a great role model.

I'd like to see him move into our coaching team as I'm sure he could develop a lot of our younger players.
#JFT97

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3376 on: January 3, 2022, 03:18:24 pm »

Pretty disingenuous using pass completion stats when the game yesterday was total madness up until 60. No one had time on the ball and the game was played at a crazy pace. I'd be surprised if anyone had a good pass completion rate in that time. What was needed was someone to compete, be physical and be first to things. I'm very glad it was Milner and not (for example) Keita in that situation.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #3377 on: January 3, 2022, 03:25:12 pm »
Hindsight can make the most stupid seem clever!

For example it was only a stupid freekick after they scored from it, as for others being selected before him well lets see Keita, hit and miss since day one, great sometimes runs around like a headless chicken most of the time though, lacks a certain amount of football nous still, Oxlade, really like the guy but he makes wrong decisions most of the time and then he can score a brilliant goal,

Milner leads from the front he is a 100% guy and although he is getting on a bit in football terms he can still put in a better and more effective shift than the two above for example, it is they who need to up their game rather than people looking to slag off Milner :
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3378 on: January 3, 2022, 03:25:22 pm »
Pretty disingenuous using pass completion stats when the game yesterday was total madness up until 60. No one had time on the ball and the game was played at a crazy pace. I'd be surprised if anyone had a good pass completion rate in that time. What was needed was someone to compete, be physical and be first to things. I'm very glad it was Milner and not (for example) Keita in that situation.

Fabinho and every other Chelsea player did, certain players always manage to find time on the ball which is sort of the point.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3379 on: January 3, 2022, 03:30:00 pm »
Fabinho and every other Chelsea player did, certain players always manage to find time on the ball which is sort of the point.

Based on fact or just what you think you saw? Genuine question. I haven't looked at stats, but from what I saw, no midfielder was controlling the game and passing like Xavi, at least not in the first hour.

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #3380 on: January 3, 2022, 06:48:01 pm »

For example it was only a stupid freekick after they scored from it, as for others being selected before him well lets see Keita, hit and miss since day one, great sometimes runs around like a headless chicken most of the time though, lacks a certain amount of football nous still, Oxlade, really like the guy but he makes wrong decisions most of the time and then he can score a brilliant goal,

Milner leads from the front he is a 100% guy and although he is getting on a bit in football terms he can still put in a better and more effective shift than the two above for example, it is they who need to up their game rather than people looking to slag off Milner :

well said ....this guy has given us his all from day one and will til the end and then hopefully more as coaching staff .. players like milner are a gem stone to the club ...
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3381 on: January 3, 2022, 06:57:05 pm »

That was a silly FK to give away in a dangerous area.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #3382 on: January 3, 2022, 07:01:19 pm »
That was a silly FK to give away in a dangerous area.

You make my point for me, if they had not scored would you care at all about it?

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3383 on: January 3, 2022, 07:20:56 pm »
You make my point for me, if they had not scored would you care at all about it?
You're right that we'd probably not mention it.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3384 on: January 5, 2022, 08:11:46 pm »
He's giving his absolute all as you'd expect but it's ridiculous that we're in a position where he's still starting big away games that we need to win, up against the likes of Kante and Kovacic when his legs have gone. Spurs was one of those things as we had our whole midfield out ill, but what's the point in Keita and Ox if Milner's starting ahead of them in games like that?
His legs have gone?, really?, he's probably the fittest 36 year old Premier League outfield player ever.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3385 on: January 5, 2022, 08:13:11 pm »
His legs have gone?, really?, he's probably the fittest 36 year old Premier League outfield player ever.

He can run all day, but his speed and agility to sprint short distances and turn quickly will be what he's been losing as he's gotten older.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3386 on: January 5, 2022, 08:50:26 pm »
He can run all day, but his speed and agility to sprint short distances and turn quickly will be what he's been losing as he's gotten older.
Right now, we may need someone to sprint in the manager's area by the side line, can he do that?   ;D

I'm only half-joking. I wonder with the senior team managers falling with Covid, could Milner step in for the Shrews game?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3387 on: January 5, 2022, 08:59:59 pm »

Yes and no. His fitness isn't an issue but he's a player who relied heavily on athleticism and no player at 36 is going to be what he was in his 20s in terms of speed. Milner was playing Premier League football 20 years ago!

He's the same age as Rooney who's long retired. He's also the same age as Ronaldo who is extremely fit for his age as well but can't move the way he used to. Ronaldo has adapted his game to be a goal hanger because he can't get move around and sprint as much. Milner is more restricted because our midfield is all about energy and athleticism. Modric is also 36 but his game is the same now as it was 10 years ago.

Milner can still do a good job, but he shouldn't be starting in big games anymore against the best midfielders. He wouldn't be if the squad was strong enough.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3388 on: January 8, 2022, 06:11:34 pm »
James Milner is expected to leave Liverpool at the end of season and continue his playing career elsewhere.

[@neiljonesgoal]

Neil Jones told @TheRedmenTV that he expects Milner to leave at the end of this season and continue playing elsewhere rather joining the coaching staff.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2022, 06:14:46 pm by Samie »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3389 on: January 8, 2022, 06:12:39 pm »
Sad. Probably is time for him though, been a fantastic servant to the club. Nothing but professional.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3390 on: January 8, 2022, 06:14:29 pm »
Makes sense, he's on high wages for his age and minutes, Henderson will take his wise old head role in the squad.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3391 on: January 8, 2022, 06:20:15 pm »
Sad. Probably is time for him though, been a fantastic servant to the club. Nothing but professional.

100%

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3392 on: January 8, 2022, 06:54:12 pm »
Makes sense, he's on high wages for his age and minutes, Henderson will take his wise old head role in the squad.

It makes sense, but I am a little bit sad that he won't transition to coaching with us. Such a likable chap, and I think if he does take up coaching he will be brilliant
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3393 on: January 8, 2022, 07:01:26 pm »
It makes sense, but I am a little bit sad that he won't transition to coaching with us. Such a likable chap, and I think if he does take up coaching he will be brilliant
maybe he will later on. When you still have gas in your tank, you wanna go further. It's amazing how fit Milner is for his age, and that's at the highest level of the game. He will earn more playing in the Championship than coaching anywhere. Like everyone of us, and he needs to maximize his potential. I totally understand, although I'm very sad too...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3394 on: January 8, 2022, 07:07:06 pm »
He can always come back as a coach once he's done playing.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3395 on: January 8, 2022, 07:27:00 pm »
not long back there was a lot of talk abut him going back to finish his career at Leeds.  can't see it myself.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: January 8, 2022, 07:29:02 pm »
Pray we draw PSG in the quarters.

I want to see the Magnificent Burro clean out Neymar and Messi one more time, before the donkey ride is over. Aaahh. We can only dream .   .   .
« Last Edit: January 8, 2022, 07:32:16 pm by FLRed67 »

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: January 8, 2022, 07:40:34 pm »
He can still do it at a club that plays with lower intensity.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: January 8, 2022, 07:44:13 pm »
He's the only player I know that has won everything(including trophies like the Club World Cup) someone playing for an english club can win. Incredible career.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3399 on: January 8, 2022, 07:45:08 pm »
He can still do it at a club that plays with lower intensity.
it'll be very interesting to se where he goes.

hope he comes back to Anfield in a coaching role.