Author Topic: THE BEATLES - 8 Days/Week & GET BACK (page 2 onwards)  (Read 27868 times)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Re: THE BEATLES - 8 Days/Week & GET BACK (page 2 onwards)
« Reply #360 on: March 4, 2024, 03:09:19 pm »
Discussing Come Together with a mate.

Reading the shite interpretations of some of the phrases makes me larf.

I think it's about an addled John making a drug buy from 'Ol Flat top' for himself and 'psycho Ono.'

Must you be from Liddy to know what toe jam footballs are?
Kill the humourless

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #361 on: March 4, 2024, 03:27:30 pm »
Discussing Come Together with a mate.

Reading the shite interpretations of some of the phrases makes me larf.

I think it's about an addled John making a drug buy from 'Ol Flat top' for himself and 'psycho Ono.'

Must you be from Liddy to know what toe jam footballs are?
Some crazy crazy lyrics in that song  ;)
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Here come old flat-top, he come grooving up slowly
He got ju-ju eyeball, he one holy roller
He got hair down to his knee
Got to be a joker, he just do what he please
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
He wear no shoeshine, he got toe-jam football
He got monkey finger, he shoot coca-cola
He say, "I know you, you know me"
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free
Come together, right now
Over me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
He bag production, he got walrus gumboot
He got ono sideboard, he one spinal cracker
He got feet down below his knee
Hold you in his armchair, you can feel his disease
Come together, right now
Over me
Shoot me
Right
Come, come, come, come, come
He roller-coaster, he got early warnin'
He got muddy water, he one mojo filter
He say, "One and one and one is three"
Got to be good-lookin', 'cause he's so hard to see
Come together, right now
Over me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Oh
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Oh
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #362 on: March 4, 2024, 03:33:32 pm »
Genius.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: March 4, 2024, 04:40:19 pm »
My ears.  :thumbup

Some crazy crazy lyrics in that song  ;)
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Here come old flat-top, he come grooving up slowly
He got ju-ju eyeball, he one holy roller
He got hair down to his knee
Got to be a joker, he just do what he please
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
He wear were no shoeshine, he got toe-jam football
He got monkey finger, he shoot coca-cola
He say, "I know you, you know me"
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free
Come together, right now
Over me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
He bag Keep back production, he got walrus gumboot
He got ono sideboard psycho, he one spinal cracker
He got feet down below his knee
Hold you in his armchair, you can feel his disease
Come together, right now
Over me
Shoot me
Right
Come, come, come, come, come
He roller-coaster, he got early warnin'
He got muddy water, he one mojo filter
He say, "One and one and one is three"
Got to be good-lookin', 'cause he's so hard to see
Come together, right now
Over me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Shoot me
Oh
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah
Oh
Come together, yeah
Come together, yeah

Kill the humourless

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #364 on: March 4, 2024, 05:17:21 pm »
John was constantly out of his head around about that time when they did Come Together.
Probably explains the fascination he had for Yoko as well. 

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: March 4, 2024, 05:23:32 pm »
I think because she was a rich, educated, successful avant gardist, she was nonplussed. Which made her irresistible to him. .

When he found out how clever she was, he was hooked.

Plus she had great knockers.

Imo, she made him what he became.
Kill the humourless

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #366 on: March 5, 2024, 10:47:36 am »
I never knew that bit was “shoot me”, always thought it was “shoom” or just a vocal noise.

Learn something new.
We are Liverpool!

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: March 5, 2024, 11:10:35 am »
Sam Mendes is meant to be directing four new films on the Beatles soon - a film per lad. I like him as a director and particularly liked his documentary on Ben Stokes which was not the usual sort of puff piece sports doc. Nothing like it in fact. So, something to look forward to.

Of course what we really want is Giles Martin or someone to announce that 300 rolls of 16 mm film have been discovered of all the White Album sessions.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: March 5, 2024, 12:12:20 pm »
Sam Mendes is meant to be directing four new films on the Beatles soon - a film per lad. I like him as a director and particularly liked his documentary on Ben Stokes which was not the usual sort of puff piece sports doc. Nothing like it in fact. So, something to look forward to.

Of course what we really want is Giles Martin or someone to announce that 300 rolls of 16 mm film have been discovered of all the White Album sessions.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: March 5, 2024, 12:30:00 pm »

You know what is bound to happen one day Terry? After we've both gone probably. Some twat will release a documentary film about the making of the White Album using AI only. Inevitably it will be good. Inevitably it will make the White Album, and the Beatles, less mysterious, less interesting, less profound. In fact humdrum.

Glad I won't be around.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: March 5, 2024, 02:54:23 pm »
You know what is bound to happen one day Terry? After we've both gone probably. Some twat will release a documentary film about the making of the White Album using AI only. Inevitably it will be good. Inevitably it will make the White Album, and the Beatles, less mysterious, less interesting, less profound. In fact humdrum.

Glad I won't be around.
You and me both.  ;D

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #371 on: April 16, 2024, 06:25:00 pm »
“LET IT BE” – AT LAST

Michael Lindsay-Hogg’s Original 1970 Film About The Beatles, Meticulously Restored by Peter Jackson’s Team at Park Road Post Production to Launch Exclusively on Disney+ May 8, 2024

Today, Disney+ announced that “Let It Be,” director Michael Lindsay-Hogg’s original 1970 film about The Beatles, will launch exclusively on Disney+ May 8, 2024. This is the first time the film is available in over 50 years.

First released in May 1970 amidst the swirl of The Beatles’ breakup, “Let It Be” now takes its rightful place in the band’s history. Once viewed through a darker lens, the film is now brought to light through its restoration and in the context of revelations brought forth in Peter Jackson’s multiple Emmy Award®-winning docuseries, “The Beatles: Get Back.” Released on Disney+ in 2021, the docuseries showcases the iconic foursome’s warmth and camaraderie, capturing a pivotal moment in music history.

“Let It Be” contains footage not featured in the “Get Back” docuseries, bringing viewers into the studio and onto Apple Corps’ London rooftop in January 1969 as The Beatles, joined by Billy Preston, write and record their GRAMMY Award®-winning album Let It Be, with its Academy Award®-winning title song, and perform live for the final time as a group. With the release of “The Beatles: Get Back,” fan clamour for the original “Let It Be” film reached a fever pitch. With Lindsay-Hogg’s full support, Apple Corps asked Peter Jackson’s Park Road Post Production to dive into a meticulous restoration of the film from the original 16mm negative, which included lovingly remastering the sound using the same MAL de-mix technology that was applied to the “Get Back” docuseries.

“I’m absolutely thrilled that Michael’s movie, ‘Let It Be,’ has been restored and is finally being re-released after being unavailable for decades,” says Peter Jackson. "I was so lucky to have access to Michael’s outtakes for 'Get Back,’ and I’ve always thought that ‘Let It Be’ is needed to complete the ‘Get Back’ story. Over three parts, we showed Michael and The Beatles filming a groundbreaking new documentary, and ‘Let It Be’ is that documentary – the movie they released in 1970. I now think of it all as one epic story, finally completed after five decades. The two projects support and enhance each other: ‘Let It Be’ is the climax of ‘Get Back,’ while ‘Get Back’ provides a vital missing context for ‘Let It Be.’ Michael Lindsay-Hogg was unfailingly helpful and gracious while I made ‘Get Back,’ and it’s only right that his original movie has the last word...looking and sounding far better than it did in 1970.”
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #372 on: April 17, 2024, 07:28:57 pm »
Let It Be is actually one of my favourite Beatles albums, so many great songs on it. Two of Us, One after 909, Get Back, I've Got a Feeling, Across the Universe, the title all songs I really love. I am mad excited about them redoing Let it Be. I think I remember seeing it once years ago, but this will like a completely new film for me. Bring it on.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #373 on: April 20, 2024, 08:25:37 am »
I might be being stupid, but just assumed all of the bits of the original film were in the Get Back one. With added bits. Am I missing something here? Is there different footage coming out?

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: April 20, 2024, 09:49:20 am »
I might be being stupid, but just assumed all of the bits of the original film were in the Get Back one. With added bits. Am I missing something here? Is there different footage coming out?
I don't think so. I think it's the same cut as the original but the stock has been restored so it will look glossier (as Peter Jackson's massive version did). Maybe a similar thing has been done with the sound too.

I'm not anxious to see it, I must admit. Michael Lindsay-Hogg clearly wanted to tell a story of the acrimony and recrimination that accompanied the album and the rooftop concert and led to the break-up of the Beatles. Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr always maintained that's not how they remembered the sessions - and then were proved right by the divine intervention of Peter Jackson when he made 'Get Back'.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: April 20, 2024, 02:49:50 pm »

I think due to the multi camera set up they used initially were possible Jackson would try and use other angles than were used in the original film.

Looking forward to seeing this as I've never seen the original film.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: April 20, 2024, 02:54:35 pm »
I think due to the multi camera set up they used initially were possible Jackson would try and use other angles than were used in the original film.

Looking forward to seeing this as I've never seen the original film.
The original was very dark and miserable. Will be interesting to see if that is different this time around.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #377 on: April 20, 2024, 05:15:55 pm »
James McCartneys released a track called primrose hill an its quite nice to be honest. Sean Lennons onboard

https://ew.com/john-lennon-paul-mccartney-sons-release-new-song-primrose-hill-8635087

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 20, 2024, 09:05:26 pm »
James McCartneys released a track called primrose hill an its quite nice to be honest. Sean Lennons onboard

https://ew.com/john-lennon-paul-mccartney-sons-release-new-song-primrose-hill-8635087
Nice that.