Author Topic: Liverpool vs West Ham United (League Cup Quarter-Final) - 20:00, Weds 20th Dec  (Read 11554 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Imagine BMD in that type of weather.
I went down the prom today on my bike and it was practically impossible to ride against the wind, it was fucking mad.
That ground is going to be bonkers, it really is.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just had a browse on one of their forums (KUMB - Do they have any others?) and pleasantly surprised to see pretty much every post is absent from the shite you see on other teams forums about us and our fans.

There are a few weird 'playing against the officials and TV companies tonight' shouts though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I went down the prom today on my bike and it was practically impossible to ride against the wind, it was fucking mad.
That ground is going to be bonkers, it really is.

Imagine trying to boo into a gale-force wind. There are going to be mass chokings when the BMD opens.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Imagine trying to boo into a gale-force wind. There are going to be mass chokings when the BMD opens.

Surely any half decent stadium designers have accounted for that
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
It's also a good opportunity to get to another final as well, why should we just throw it away because we happen to be leading the title now? Who knows what will happen by the end of January, we should try and win as many games as possible and see where we end up, at the end of the season.

The biggest thing is that it would be the first trophy at Liverpool for a number of players if we pull it off. Winning things is addictive and instills hunger in a squad.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
The biggest thing is that it would be the first trophy at Liverpool for a number of players if we pull it off. Winning things is addictive and instills hunger in a squad.

Absolutely Al, it will give huge confidence to the players going forward as that first trophy is always the most important.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Expect the team to be stronger than most think. Klopp has never put out a weak side at this stage of a competition.

I think VVD and Konate are probably the only ones who might not play. Expect Salah and Allison to feature, to be honest. The midfield has gotten bare so don't know who gets rested. Szobo probably plays just on the basis that he was yanked early in the Utd game. Elliot too. Jones or Endo playing as the six. Gomez left back. Trent right back. Salah, Gakpo and Nunez the front three.

Best case scenario: win in normal time and no injuries. Up the Reds!

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Imagine trying to throw a toddler in that wind. They really are going to have to rethink their tactics.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Expect the team to be stronger than most think. Klopp has never put out a weak side at this stage of a competition.

I think VVD and Konate are probably the only ones who might not play. Expect Salah and Allison to feature, to be honest. The midfield has gotten bare so don't know who gets rested. Szobo probably plays just on the basis that he was yanked early in the Utd game. Elliot too. Jones or Endo playing as the six. Gomez left back. Trent right back. Salah, Gakpo and Nunez the front three.

Best case scenario: win in normal time and no injuries. Up the Reds!
Virg has to play surely. He has to play this type of games given how much he'd love to lift his first trophy.

These players are on big money to play important games and try to win trophies. Big game tonight and I don't see any excuse justifying why our highly paid big players shouldn't play. As the most successful club in the league, trophies are what this club is all about and no player should be tired when we have a great chance to win one no matter how small.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 06:00:02 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Great chance to win this. The players dropped in form having a break in the Europa. Get them all out and win this thing

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Just had a browse on one of their forums (KUMB - Do they have any others?) and pleasantly surprised to see pretty much every post is absent from the shite you see on other teams forums about us and our fans.

There are a few weird 'playing against the officials and TV companies tonight' shouts though.

Yeah, ‘weird’, totally unlike our completely sane comments about officials and the wider media.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, ‘weird’, totally unlike our completely sane comments about officials and the wider media.
We are right tho. The manc refs do have an agenda against us.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I've never heard a shout for TV companies wanting a team to win.

Anyone with half a brain can see we don't get preferential treatment from officials no matter the opponent, and there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

So yeah. Weird.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Virg has to play surely. He has to play this type of games given how much he'd love to lift his first trophy.

These players are on big money to play important games and try to win trophies. Big game tonight and I don't see any excuse justifying why our highly paid big players shouldn't play.

I think if he hadn't suffered from the ACL injury, you'd probably be right. But I feel like he's on a similar program like Konate where his minutes are closely managed. That might change deeper in the season but one game a week had definitely led to an uptick in VVD's form.

Again, I won't be surprised if he starts but definitely won't be surprised if he doesn't either. The surprise will be there for me if Salah or Allison doesn't start for example.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

These players are on big money to play important games and try to win trophies. Big game tonight and I don't see any excuse justifying why our highly paid big players shouldn't play. As the most successful club in the league, trophies are what this club is all about and no player should be tired when we have a great chance to win one no matter how small.

Their biggest threat is from corners and wide set pieces so for me Virgil has to start.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
I think if he hadn't suffered from the ACL injury, you'd probably be right. But I feel like he's on a similar program like Konate where his minutes are closely managed. That might change deeper in the season but one game a week had definitely led to an uptick in VVD's form.

Again, I won't be surprised if he starts but definitely won't be surprised if he doesn't either. The surprise will be there for me if Salah or Allison doesn't start for example.
In a normal season with us in the CL, he won't get many breaks. He has rested enough when you consider the 3 games he missed after the red against Newcastle and the cup (Carabao and Europa) games he was rested for.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
I've never heard a shout for TV companies wanting a team to win.

yeah but who puts us on the 1230am starts more than any other team?  that's Sky calling the shots from what I've read on RAWK?

if so, that's a TV company wanting a team not to succeed.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
They've got a tall team. Kudus Bowen Paqueta JWP looks like a really good front 4 on paper. Always liked Kudus
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
They've got a tall team. Kudus Bowen Paqueta JWP looks like a really good front 4 on paper. Always liked Kudus
Paqueta equalled Bobby's record on Sunday - 3 assists in one PL game by a Brazilian.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
Paqueta equalled Bobby's record on Sunday - 3 assists in one PL game by a Brazilian.

He is soooo good. Glad Baldy didn't get him.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
He is soooo good. Glad Baldy didn't get him.

Lets see what happens in Jan unless they plan on banning him.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Lets see what happens in Jan unless they plan on banning him.

They bought Nunes instead though.

Great move by Ped that.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Sounds like both Virgil and Mo start.
AHA!

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds like both Virgil and Mo start.

where is that sound coming from!

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan

Great move by Ped that.

Not stop him loaning Phillips and getting him in he never goes without

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan

Great move by Ped that.

Baldiola doesn't stop overloading any position lets be honest.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan

Great move by Ped that.

The reason they didn't sign him was because he was or is involved in some sort of illegal betting in another country. Imagine if they signed him and he got banned?

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The reason they didn't sign him was because he was or is involved in some sort of illegal betting in another country. Imagine if they signed him and he got banned?

He still could end up getting banned as far as I am aware

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Rumours Paqueta is out which would be a bonus

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

don't bet on it.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan

Did we here just jinx him  ;D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
Caoimhin Kelleher returns in goal, while Joe Gomez and Jarell Quansah come into defence.

Curtis Jones is handed a midfield berth, while there are also places for Harvey Elliott and Cody Gakpo.

Liverpool: Kelleher, Gomez, Endo, Van Dijk, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Tsimikas, Quansah.

Subs: Adrian, Konate, Diaz, Salah, Clark, Gordon, McConnell, Alexander-Arnold, Bradley.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
Like the look of that side, on paper very well balanced in midfield and attack.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
No idea who's playing where in our team! Hopefully Dom is in midfield or it looks a bit weak physically.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
Both sides gone half strength. Makes it interesting when legs start to tire second half!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Whoever has decided to publish our team sheet in numerical order should get a final written warning for gross misconduct.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Out on the bench. :D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
No idea who's playing where in our team! Hopefully Dom is in midfield or it looks a bit weak physically.

Quiven
Gomez
Quansah
Van Dijk
Tsimikas
Endo
Jones
Szoboszlai
Elliott
Nunez
Gakpo