Author Topic: PL: Liverpool v Man United  (Read 26504 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: PL: Liverpool v Man United
« Reply #840 on: December 20, 2023, 11:36:45 am »
This reminds me a lot of the 0-0 at home to West Ham under Benitez that sent us top and was greeted with boos - its mad the extent to which people's heads have fallen off over it.
I get that its United but fuck knows what everyone wouldve been like if Hojlund has slotted his 1 on 1

Sometimes you don't execute quite as you'd like and don't get the bounce of the ball .... even the title winners have 3 or 4 of those in a season

It's only a bad result if you thought we were a 90 point + team which I don't think anyone seriously does

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #841 on: December 20, 2023, 11:50:31 am »
This reminds me a lot of the 0-0 at home to West Ham under Benitez that sent us top and was greeted with boos - its mad the extent to which people's heads have fallen off over it.
I get that its United but fuck knows what everyone wouldve been like if Hojlund has slotted his 1 on 1

Sometimes you don't execute quite as you'd like and don't get the bounce of the ball .... even the title winners have 3 or 4 of those in a season

It's only a bad result if you thought we were a 90 point + team which I don't think anyone seriously does

To be fair it's worth remembering that in that season it was arguably a string of draws against teams that we should be beating which cost us the title in the end.

I was at that West Ham match and the booing was obviously ridiculous but I do think that people were understandably concerned about what they saw and what was potentially coming.

Heads are mostly falling off in the usual places, notably Twitter, I think most sensible people accept it's an annoying result, not a great performance and one of them, but equally I think you can look at some of the perfomrnaces which came before it, the form of the attackers and have a legitimate concern that it might be symptomatic of a greater problem. It's worth remembering that we're top of the league at this point in 2021, we then draw 1-1 in a very frustrating match against West Brom which was quite similar to Sunday and you then see us struggle to score for weeks due to slow, ponderous football. Obviously that season is different in that the centre half situation eventually shows and we end up scraping for 4th but before the injuries actually manifested into a drop defensively you saw us fall off a cliff in an attacking sense.

Not suggesting that the above is going to happen this time but I suspect most who are worried about it are more bothered by what it might be symptomatic of rather than the result in isolation.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: December 20, 2023, 12:02:09 pm »

Not suggesting that the above is going to happen this time but I suspect most who are worried about it are more bothered by what it might be symptomatic of rather than the result in isolation.

Yeah again this totally depends on your expectation - I do think most of our fans have forgotten where we were at the end of last season, erased it from their minds and now expect us to hit >85 points and push City all the way 

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #843 on: December 20, 2023, 12:08:36 pm »
Yeah again this totally depends on your expectation - I do think most of our fans have forgotten where we were at the end of last season, erased it from their minds and now expect us to hit >85 points and push City all the way

Isn't that why you want us to play reserves tonight?!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: December 20, 2023, 12:21:00 pm »
Isn't that why you want us to play reserves tonight?!

I don't .. I honest don't know what I'd do tonight