Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Man Utd, Anfield Sun 17 Dec KO 4:30 pm GMT  (Read 16919 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Man Utd, Anfield Sun 17 Dec KO 4:30 pm GMT
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2023, 12:13:53 pm »
We rarely play well when there is a large gap between games and we struggle against teams that play a low block. This combined with the lack of form of most of our players makes concerned about tomorrow. I think/hope the deciding factor will be Anfield. My prediction is a narrow/nervy win but I hope I'm wrong and we start put in a performance/convincing win because we cannot sustain a title challenge with our current level of performance.
Yeah... been thinking about that(the low-block part I'm okay with cause we always score anyway). Whichever way.. I just hope we win- 1-0 or 4-1, doesn't matter.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2023, 12:13:56 pm »
Would like Darwin Nunez to score a goal today please.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2023, 12:15:39 pm »
A scrappy 1-0 with a deflected goal off Neville’s nose would do me.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2023, 12:16:01 pm »

I have him and Jones/Elliot/Grav nailed on.

Its usually those who go under the radar that score in these big games.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 12:17:37 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2023, 12:17:33 pm »

He's gonna tear them a new one.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2023, 12:18:32 pm »
"You wanna tell me in 6 months the best goalkeeper of the Champions League last season became the worst in the world? No."

Big talk from Onana :lmao

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2023, 12:20:44 pm »
Pressure game today. We know Abu City’s result but we’ll also know the Arsenal result before kick off.
There won’t be a 7-0 today (I would love to be wrong) it’ll be a testy affair and they’ll come guns blazing early doors. If we get a goal in the first 25 minutes Anfield will do the rest. A win of any kind will do me, a Maguire OG a shit deflection whatever way it comes I don’t care. We need this win.
Let’s hope we’re 3 or 4 points clear this evening.
Villa's been quietly consistent and Emery is no stranger to winning a title...
Of all the managers in the league, he is just behind Klopp and Pep in terms of trophies.

We think Arteta's a threat? Nope!
He's a baby compared to Emery.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 12:27:10 pm by the_red_pill »

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2023, 12:21:04 pm »
I’ve never been more confident about facing these. That said, I’d settle for a lucky 1-0 win!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2023, 12:26:49 pm »
One thing that does work in our favour though is that the Mancs are totally crap.

"If a Manc raises his game at Anfield and nobody notices, did it ever really happen?"
Confuseus
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2023, 12:28:24 pm »
One thing that does work in our favour though is that the Mancs are totally crap.

"If a Manc raises his game at Anfield and nobody notices, did it ever really happen?"
Confuseus
A goal from us and its over. Hopefully, its the winning goal. The only way the mancs get something from this is through error, sendings off, and if we don't turn up.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 12:30:19 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2023, 12:32:20 pm »
This game will  be a lot harder than people seem to expect.
After last season and the fact how crap they've been Utd have to turnup or they'll support will turn on them. Besides, plenty of times we've not turned up ourselves.

We should  win 3-0 easily but wouldn't be shocked if it was a 1-1.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2023, 12:34:03 pm »
I do not believe for a second that these want this. You can see a few of their players want absolutely nothing to do with it. I agree with Red Pill's point that if we score first or go ahead we'll win.

If you're in the ground make it horrible. The atmosphere being raised last season at two or three nil contributed a lot to the mauling.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2023, 12:35:58 pm »
"You wanna tell me in 6 months the best goalkeeper of the Champions League last season became the worst in the world? No."

Well he certainly picks up "most hilarious diver" for me. Pickford's got to move over, his short armed unneeded camera dives are pretty hilarious but Onanas got this unique very herky-jerky "fish out of water" style where he manages to avoid getting any distance, balls that probably would have hit him and any use of his arms whatever.  its amazing to observe. I called Allison's spring a panthers, this is more sloth or koala bear stuff.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2023, 12:36:27 pm »
lets sack another one of their managers  :wave

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2023, 12:38:05 pm »
This is important, that in the ground it’s rocking. The section I sit in can be a bit quiet but I’ll be doing my bit today. What will help is that the new Annie road stand will be full for the first time properly. Can’t wait.

I’m hoping the extra few thousand makes a difference and gives us an extra edge today. My fear is the crowd getting anxious if we’re not 4-0 up after ten minutes.

I expect a nervy, edgy game but I think if we can score early, we’ll turn the screw. Easy to forget it was only 1-0 (I think) at half time last season.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2023, 12:39:35 pm »
This game always worries me, the off chance losing is beyond scary.

Absolutely hating the massive United underdog vibes.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2023, 12:45:09 pm »
This game always worries me, the off chance losing is beyond scary.

Absolutely hating the massive United underdog vibes.

Their squad is full of absolute shitbags, even their captain couldn't be arsed turning up. I'm hoping we turn up with the correct sort of arrogance that we're better than them all over the pitch and go out to embarrass them again. Do that and it might not be another 7-0 but we'll beat them. First goal is huge, get it and I think they're in serious trouble.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2023, 12:51:21 pm »
Their squad is full of absolute shitbags, even their captain couldn't be arsed turning up. I'm hoping we turn up with the correct sort of arrogance that we're better than them all over the pitch and go out to embarrass them again. Do that and it might not be another 7-0 but we'll beat them. First goal is huge, get it and I think they're in serious trouble.
Yeah it's hard seeing these deciding to turn up- now, after already demonstrating they don't care about Ten Hag the past week- even if it meant the CL is on the line.

The decided no to turn up last weekend, then decided f* Ten Hag in the week- even if it meant the CL... it will only be the young ones .. and we've got experience. No way will they turn up here. They want him gone and they've proven it by ruling themselves out and "openly" revolting against him. Lose here and he will be gone- and that's what they will be hoping for.

Onana's not been to Anfield yet..
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 12:57:16 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2023, 12:55:08 pm »
Hope so, our problem lately is we make hard work of the shit teams.
Hoping for a Darwin hat-trick and another 5 or so spread over our team. 🤞

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2023, 12:56:00 pm »
Nerves kicking in a bit now. Will need a few pints to settle that. Let's twat them!

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2023, 12:59:56 pm »
Yeah it's hard seeing these deciding to turn up- now, after already demonstrating they don't care about Ten Hag the past week- even if it meant the CL is on the line.

The decided no to turn up last weekend, then decided f* Ten Hag in the week- even if it meant the CL... it will only be the young ones .. and we've got experience. No way will they turn up here. They want him gone and they've proven it by ruling themselves out.

Onana's not been to Anfield yet..

Onana came with Ajax and cost them the match when he didn't collect that cross which saw Jones score. It was the behind closed doors season.

What they've done in the past week has been embarrassing, they have such little quality anyway these days but without effort it's even worse, Bayern didn't really try anything in the week and still won it, we're at our fortress and badly need another win. It doesn't mean we will win but turn up and I see nothing other than three points.

Hope so, our problem lately is we make hard work of the shit teams.
Hoping for a Darwin hat-trick and another 5 or so spread over our team. 🤞

That's true, I think ultimately it's the away form which makes us think that though. We aren't asserting our dominance over sides yet, but at Anfield we've looked relatively comfortable all season if not spectacular. The Fulham game probably isn't that close without Alisson, again highlighting his importance.

I see no way we don't 'turn up' today. I think we have players like Salah obsessed with games like these. He'll want to give everything he can before going to AFCON.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2023, 01:01:11 pm »
Can't wait for this. Fuckin destroy them. No mercy. No prisoners. Total annihilation.

Let them leave Anfied with all their orifices profusely bleeding confining Seven Hag to face the inevitable on Monday morning.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2023, 01:02:33 pm »
Onana came with Ajax and cost them the match when he didn't collect that cross which saw Jones score. It was the behind closed doors season.

What they've done in the past week has been embarrassing, they have such little quality anyway these days but without effort it's even worse, Bayern didn't really try anything in the week and still won it, we're at our fortress and badly need another win. It doesn't mean we will win but turn up and I see nothing other than three points.

That's true, I think ultimately it's the away form which makes us think that though. We aren't asserting our dominance over sides yet, but at Anfield we've looked relatively comfortable all season if not spectacular. The Fulham game probably isn't that close without Alisson, again highlighting his importance.

I see no way we don't 'turn up' today. I think we have players like Salah obsessed with games like these. He'll want to give everything he can before going to AFCON.
Ok I'm sold😂👍

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2023, 01:03:09 pm »
Can't wait for this. Fuckin destroy them. No mercy. No prisoners. Total annihilation.

Let them leave Anfied with all their orifices profusely bleeding confining Seven Hag to face the inevitable on Monday morning.

you're alright, you

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2023, 01:03:38 pm »

Whose saying he was the best Champions League goalie last season apart from the man himself obviously.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2023, 01:05:58 pm »
I do not believe for a second that these want this. You can see a few of their players want absolutely nothing to do with it. I agree with Red Pill's point that if we score first or go ahead we'll win.

If you're in the ground make it horrible. The atmosphere being raised last season at two or three nil contributed a lot to the mauling.

And we all know we have a great track record of scoring first in matches. 

Won't be as easy as it "should" be.  Would be thrilled with any kind of win, but 2-1 feels likely to me.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2023, 01:06:18 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised to see both us and Arsenal put in professional performances today and come away with mostly uneventful wins.

This would allow fans and media to focus on hyping this game into oblivion as a "title decider" even though we aren't even half way yet.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2023, 01:07:37 pm »
Any win will do against this shower.

I expect them to come at us physically and try to kick us off the pitch so looking for some balance from the ref today.

If we play our game we should have plenty of chances so hopefully we can take one or two.

I never like going into a game with them when we are clear favorites but it is our to lose.

Getting an early goal would be nice to settle the nerves.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2023, 01:09:20 pm »
I’m hoping the extra few thousand makes a difference and gives us an extra edge today. My fear is the crowd getting anxious if we’re not 4-0 up after ten minutes.

I expect a nervy, edgy game but I think if we can score early, we’ll turn the screw. Easy to forget it was only 1-0 (I think) at half time last season.

Yes, it was 1-0 at half-time, and they'd had opportunities before that.

Of it's 0-0 at halftime, the Anfield crowd need to be fully behind the team.

Mo's due a goal and an assist, or two today.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2023, 01:22:30 pm »
I never dream of footy, but dreamed last night that Ali saved a 90th minute penalty to secure the win. Mo Salah was particularly overjoyed with this. Make of that what you will.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2023, 01:22:44 pm »
Yes, it was 1-0 at half-time, and they'd had opportunities before that.

Of it's 0-0 at halftime, the Anfield crowd need to be fully behind the team.

What else would we do?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2023, 01:31:45 pm »
their record so far shows their defending (21 conceded) isn't their problem - only us, Arse, Villa and MC have fewer conceded.

they have a huge problem at the other end (18 scored) - only 5 teams (bottom 3 plus Palace and Forest) have scored fewer.

so the first goal is vital.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2023, 01:35:03 pm »
The first goal is always vital

They are toothless though. In a fit of self-loathing, had a look on RedCaff and some suggestions they could "flood" the midfield

That to me sounds like advice for last season. I almost hope they try it - Szobo's better than any single one of their midfielders. Actually let's go further - position by position, not one of their players is better than our player in that position.

I just ... I am expecting a win today. Not a 7 nil, like I said yesterday. I just can't see anything to worry about. Long gone are the days when me dad would leave the room if this game was on telly, due to nerves bless im

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2023, 01:35:40 pm »
I hope Darwin takes his chances in this game because the mancs will be leaving space in behind.  :D

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2023, 01:36:49 pm »
Jimmy Rice former LFC editor wrote this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/JimmyRiceWriter/status/1736379132936659021

Unlike the empty space in Robertson and Thiago’s seats, Mac Allister’s kit is laid out in the LFC dressing room 👀

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2023, 01:38:25 pm »
I hope Darwin takes his chances in this game because the mancs will be leaving space in behind.  :D

We just need Darwin to find his scoring once again. I'm more optimistic today as now Mo has his record. I had the impression he was trying too hard to assist Mo rather than taking a punt himself. With that off Mo's back he needs to concentrate on his own game and get his confidence in front of goal again. He will get chances today and all the forwards need to be ruthless.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 17, 2023, 01:38:46 pm »

Unlike the empty space in Robertson and Thiago’s seats, Mac Allister’s kit is laid out in the LFC dressing room 👀

Hello....
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 17, 2023, 01:38:52 pm »

So, Neil Atkinson was right then?  ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 17, 2023, 01:39:54 pm »

I'm lost for words trying to decipher what that might mean.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 17, 2023, 01:40:52 pm »

Would be great, not even for this game but would mean he'd be fine for Arsenal.