Author Topic: EL: USG 2 v Liverpool 1 Amoura 32', Quansah 38' Puertas 43’  (Read 9372 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Re: EL: USG 2 v Liverpool 1 Amoura 32', Quansah 38' Puertas 43’
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2023, 07:48:32 pm »
Shitehouse side, especially that lanky lad in the middle. Klopp was rightly furious.

Commentator was a knob too. Don’t need some sarky, miserable bellend criticising a team of kids at every opportunity. Tells you something when McManaman is the less miserable of the duo.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 07:50:11 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2023, 07:48:49 pm »
Deserved win for them, if you’re going to be lethargic and rubbish do it in a game that’s completely irrelevant.

Quansah and Bradley did okay. Very limp otherwise. Gakpo & Jones not exactly pushing themselves forward for starts on Sunday. They all knew it was a waste of time match though, so hard to be too critical.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2023, 07:49:03 pm »
Was it offside? There didn't seem to be any lines drawn.

Nah, he was Fucking miles on

Jurgen YNWA

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2023, 07:49:26 pm »
The pitch was a howler.

Straight out of a cup tie against lower league opposition, and reffed like it too.

Given the conditions and the mix of mainly youth and squad players, the performance being a bit disjointed was to be expected.
Hopefully gives the young players some good experience.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2023, 07:49:28 pm »
Dead rubber, no one wants to be injured and a bunch of players who haven't played together.

Move on.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2023, 07:49:30 pm »
Lost count of the amount of times we got caught in possession, way too many touches.
Our football at the moment is very slow and predictable, 1st eleven aswell.
Not sure how the first wasn't offside.

Last 4 performances have been awful bar the 2 late comebacks, it should help guard against complacency for Sunday. We will have to turn up and perform.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline fancy lad

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2023, 07:49:51 pm »
This game had it all:
-VAR mistake (again).
-senior players looking bad
-kids not really looking all that promising.
-backup keeper playing like a backup keeper.

The only saving grace was one of actually promising young players getting a goal and the fact that the team was so makeshift that it's no wonder there was no chemistry amongst the players.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2023, 07:51:15 pm »
The lack of lines is always a bit suspicious...

There seem go be lack of replays too. Could tell that the goal they scored that wasn't given was handball, which was pretty clear but uefa took ages to show the handball and to disallow it.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2023, 07:51:56 pm »
The lack of lines is always a bit suspicious...

Always seems to be us who are on the end of these 'no lines' decisions.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2023, 07:52:13 pm »
There seem go be lack of replays too. Could tell that the goal they scored that wasn't given was handball, which was pretty clear but uefa took ages to show the handball and to disallow it.

The comms team at BT saw very little from it, so we pretty much knew then.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2023, 07:52:54 pm »
1-2. Meh. Not a game to remember. We played the team I wanted. We looked weak. Created nothing going forward. The one player I thought looked his normal self was Quansah. It's difficult to shine in a side that had no consistency to build on. Individually Klopp will have some answers regarding the young players. Not much, but from tonight it looks like most of them need more time before they are ready for the first team. All in all the result didn't matter as much as what we learn from it.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2023, 07:53:24 pm »
Shitehouse side, especially that lanky lad in the middle. Klopp was rightly furious.

Commentator was a knob too. Don’t need some sarky, miserable bellend criticising a team of kids at every opportunity. Tells you something when McManaman is the less miserable of the duo.

Funny how it's never our equivalent of MUTV or Geordie TV, when they've got our games is it, the 12:30 bellends. Even our ex-players on there hate us (not that Carragher is any better on Sly).

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2023, 07:54:15 pm »
A game I could not care less about. Was good to see the youngsters get a run.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2023, 07:54:27 pm »
More arsed that I actually bothered to watch that, since it was about what I expected. We were pretty bad but I thought our random assortment of kids looked about on par for Europa League groups, which is alright really. Fun having Kelleher up at the end.

I know we skip the next round, but is it the case that we know we'll be playing the winner of one of the games? Or can I just completely ignore the next round?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2023, 07:54:35 pm »
Perspective: USG is top pf their league.
Good exercise out for the young ones.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2023, 07:54:45 pm »
1-2. Meh. Not a game to remember. We played the team I wanted. We looked weak. Created nothing going forward. The one player I thought looked his normal self was Quansah. It's difficult to shine in a side that had no consistency to build on. Individually Klopp will have some answers regarding the young players. Not much, but from tonight it looks like most of them need more time before they are ready for the first team. All in all the result didn't matter as much as what we learn from it.

I don't think Bradley did much wrong tonight, he did some good defending and also very quick at joining in with the attack when he could.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2023, 07:54:52 pm »
Was it offside? There didn't seem to be any lines drawn.
they don't draw lines in Europe it's supposed to be automated, looks like system failure
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2023, 07:55:24 pm »
I know we skip the next round, but is it the case that we know we'll be playing the winner of one of the games? Or can I just completely ignore the next round?

No, R16 draw takes place after the next round.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2023, 07:55:56 pm »
they don't draw lines in Europe it's supposed to be automated, looks like system failure
Funny that eh
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2023, 07:56:11 pm »
The ref was a right prick. Just let their players get away with dirty cynical shite all night but one slight mistimed challenge from our boys and it was a foul or yellow. Yes they were willing to run and fight more than us but the boys could’ve done with some fairer officiating

That advantage he played when Gakpo had his boot taken off was laughable. Clear cynical foul to stop us breaking, and he waves advantage to a player with one boot being chased by three defenders.
Like a bad PE teacher refereeing his own school team.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2023, 07:56:14 pm »
Pity none of the kids really stepped up and took their opportunity, though with a shite pitch and an aggressive opposition it was a tough one for them. Thought Gordon and Bradley did ok and look the closest to getting there. Doak looks miles off it unfortunately.

Of the experienced lads, Endo and Jones were shite. Hopefully the 90 gives Jones some rhythm or he’ll lose his place to Gravenberch. Hope Endo isn’t starting on Sunday, his last two games have been poor. Konate did ok but Gomez won the audition to start next to VVD, looked really sharp again. Gakpo couldn’t get in the game and Elliot seemed to be trying too hard.

But, doesn’t really matter does it! Hopefully no injuries and on to Utd.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2023, 07:56:21 pm »
It was a pointless football match.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2023, 07:56:31 pm »
Have they shown the vr model thing for the first goal looks another good process.
No time for caution.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2023, 07:56:46 pm »

We must have had more 'system failures' with VAR offsides than overturns going our way with offsides since the VAR bullshit came in.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2023, 07:57:38 pm »
On the bright side I think Connor Bradley didn't do his chances any harm today and Quansah as usual was class.
Absolutely. Think he passed the test of playing 90 minutes. He struggled during the team's poor start (we kept forcing him and Chambers to go high up the pitch then chase back constantly cos midfield kept losing the ball) and took his frustration out on a small foul which got him booked. So he didn't have an easy start - but almost immediately after that, when he could have cowed, he went and anticipated to make a great tackle high up the pitch and really settled.

There was a little showing of the same (mostly controlled) aggression later on when he was fouled and reacted, but this is exactly the perfect time for that (and gives him a nice and easy lesson he'll instantly learn from).

Speaking of aggression, Quansah played that at cruise control and was arguably our best player even discounting the great goal. But the one tiny learning experience for him today was that slightly less controlled aggressive tackled - was born in the championship that tackle! But he's such a nice slide tackler already, he'll avoid that risk from now I'm sure. His goal was our highlight.

Halftime thread was dead and cba to rewrite it, so just copying my thought here - we all know he's technically good, and could easily put in that first touch anywhere on the pitch and a decent shot. But to have the awareness, in a busy box during a set piece, and presence of mind to know he had room to control it really demonstrates he's a player who's got a got picture of his surroundings (to go with his quality with the ball). so excited by him

the next most positive for me was Gordon, particularly second half. showed different strings to his bow coming inside centrally (giving Bradley room to play higher too). took a heavy knock early on (fouled a guy, then guy fouled him and fell on his foot with his bodyweight), but didn't look like a player who'd been injured over a year - looked confident in his body and put himself about (and took the knocks too).

he (along with Bradley) have earned their spot as they top youngster for the attacking and defending wide spots for me, when our bench is short of senior players. quansah is no longer to be perceived as a youngster, he belongs. chambers and mcconell had a couple of nice moments too, so hopefully they can take that and improve and get another chance in fa cup (or on loan)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 07:59:48 pm by classycarra »

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2023, 07:57:49 pm »
I don't think Bradley did much wrong tonight, he did some good defending and also very quick at joining in with the attack when he could.

Fair. Thought Scanlon looked alright too, but he didn't play that long.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2023, 07:58:25 pm »
Have they shown the vr model thing for the first goal looks another good process.

No... They showed the Mbappe one straight away last night.  Hope Jürgen calls them out on it, doesn't matter tonight but imagine getting that call in the final.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2023, 07:59:50 pm »
Lost count of the amount of times we got caught in possession, way too many touches.
Our football at the moment is very slow and predictable, 1st eleven aswell.
Not sure how the first wasn't offside.

Yep, it’s easy to shrug and point out it was a dead rubber with a team packed with young and inexperienced lads - we know that.

But not only did the youngsters - largely - lose their personal physical battles, which they can be forgiven if we’re generous, but so did the senior players, Gomez and Konate aside.

It seems churlish to whinge when we top our European group and the Premiership, but I get fed up seeing us regularly lose tackles and second balls; it’s become endemic. And having given our youngsters a pass, I really have to add a caveat; I remember Stevie G starting games as a teenager - his aggression had to be reined back.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2023, 08:00:19 pm »

Even on my iPad I can see he was offside in the frame just before the pass and in the next frame, the pass, he’s a yard off. Does anyone ever review these poor decisions?
#JFT97

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2023, 08:00:24 pm »
Absolutely. Think he passed the test of playing 90 minutes. He struggled during the team's poor start (we kept forcing him and Chambers to go high up the pitch then chase back constantly cos midfield kept losing the ball) and took his frustration out on a small foul which got him booked. So he didn't have an easy start - but almost immediately after that, when he could have cowed, he went and anticipated to make a great tackle high up the pitch and really settled.

There was a little showing of the same (mostly controlled) aggression later on when he was fouled and reacted, but this is exactly the perfect time for that (and gives him a nice and easy lesson he'll instantly learn from).

Speaking of aggression, Quansah played that at cruise control and was arguably our best player even discounting the great goal. But the one tiny learning experience for him today was that slightly less controlled aggressive tackled - was born in the championship that tackle! But he's such a nice slide tackler already, he'll avoid that risk from now I'm sure. His goal was our highlight.

Halftime thread was dead and cba to rewrite it, so just copying my thought here - we all know he's technically good, and could easily put in that first touch anywhere on the pitch and a decent shot. But to have the awareness, in a busy box during a set piece, and presence of mind to know he had room to control it really demonstrates he's a player who's got a got picture of his surroundings (to go with his quality with the ball). so excited by him

the next most positive for me was Gordon, particularly second half. showed different strings to his bow coming inside centrally (giving Bradley room to play higher too). took a heavy knock early on (fouled a guy, then guy fouled him and fell on his foot with his bodyweight), but didn't look like a player who'd been injured over a year - looked confident in his body and put himself about (and took the knocks too). he (along with Bradley) have earned their spot as they top youngster for the attacking and defending wide spots for me, when our bench is short of senior players.

Agree.

Fair. Thought Scanlon looked alright too, but he didn't play that long.

I like Scanlon uses his speed really well and it impressed me how quickly he got back to help out in defence at the end of the game. A name worth keeping an eye on.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2023, 08:00:39 pm »
Good Experience for the young players with some senior players as well. Didnt play well but getting the game time for some was important.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2023, 08:01:44 pm »
We played, we lost, kids got a run out, no one did exceptionally well, no one got injured.

Onwards to the weekend.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2023, 08:03:24 pm »
Just completely demented we continue with the inverted right-back when Trent isn't there, what's the upside?

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2023, 08:03:35 pm »
Demand a replay. Send the under nines.
No time for caution.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2023, 08:03:55 pm »
Have we had one VAR decision this season where we scored but were clearly offside? I thought these things would balance up but I don’t recall any Offsides that went our way.
#JFT97

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2023, 08:04:25 pm »
Not too bent out of shape by the VAR when we didn’t really deserve much for this match. But it is a learning opportunity for all involved.

Though sometimes I do wonder how our academy produce so many smallish players. Made the USG players look like giants.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2023, 08:12:45 pm »
Perspective: USG is top pf their league.
Good exercise out for the young ones.

This.
Ref was atrocious. The elbow/arm in young McConnell's face near the end finished it for me.
He allowed them to behave like yard dogs all game, and allowed them to fall and complain at the slightest touch.
And then to top it off the offside decision. Absolutely shocking.

But a good exercise for the kids, because the game was physical and played at pace.

We're still too open, he first half in particular. This was similar to many of our Europa League ties.
Anyone having a go at Kelleher needs to have a look at themselves. We were that open, Álisson would have struggled too.

We need to pull them about the VAR offside decision.
Why doesn't the bench get the decision on the screen too?

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2023, 08:16:38 pm »
No injuries, some good experience. End.

But, I would love to know what's happened for their first goal. In many ways I don't care, but I just need to know.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2023, 08:19:45 pm »
All a bit meh for me. Really happy for the kids to get a run out, great experience for them. Don’t think the seniors did too well but I know for sure they’ll be pumped for the weekend. The aim was to get through tonight without injuries and that seems to be the case.

I refuse to believe their first goal was offside, surely they have some secret angle where Ibu is keeping the lad onside cos judging by the pic shared in the thread thats a shocker of a decision
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2023, 08:25:48 pm »
Cold but elite.  :o

Jarell Quansah on Joel Matip:

"My condolences to Joel but my idea was to get over him anyway and get in the team."