Author Topic: PL: Sheff U 0 vs 2 Liverpool VVD 37’ Szoboszlai 90+5’  (Read 16219 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
PL: Sheff U 0 vs 2 Liverpool VVD 37’ Szoboszlai 90+5’
« on: December 6, 2023, 06:31:51 pm »
Sheffield United vs Liverpool

Bramall Lane
Wednesday 6 December 2023

Officials:
Referee: Simon Hooper. Assistants: Simon Long, Captain Mainwaring. Fourth official: Tony Harrington. VAR: Michael Oliver. Assistant VAR: Richard West.

Into December then and we have some tough games coming up. This should on paper be one of the easier ones but then so should have Luton and Fulham. Fulham in particular was a wide open game and the whole team looked a bit leggy to me. Hopefully that was just a one off and we can get back to a more commanding performance on Wednesday.

Sheffield United are 18th which is probably about right looking at their squad, mainly because I don’t know most of them. They do have Tom Davies so I suppose it makes sense they’re in the relegation zone. They also have a few former Reds.

Jack Robinson is 30 now and got his first of  eleven games for us all those years ago under Rafa. Like probably every single youth player we’ve had, I had high hopes for him but he’s had spells at a few Championship clubs before ending up at Sheffield United where he’s not exactly been a regular but has still played nearly 100 games for them. He’s not played much this season though, having played only three league games so it’s unlikely hell start on Wednesday.

Yasser Larouci left a couple of summers ago but hasn’t really cemented himself at Troyes before going on loan to Sheffield United but it looks like he’s not really cemented himself there either. I thought he had a bit about him when he played in pre-season/youth games but it hasn’t happened for him.

Most frustrating of all is Rhian Brewster who had a lot of buzz and excitement surrounding him when he was top scorer as England won the Under 21 World Cup. I was really hoping he was going to stay here and become part of the first team and around the time we were winning the Champions League but instead we sold him for around £22m. It was a good fee at the time even though I know there was frustration that we were selling him. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out so far, mainly because he’s had a lot of injury problems and has lost a lot of football in recent years. I’ve had brief look at what their fans think and it seems some like him while others don’t think he contributes enough even when he does play. Not great but I hope it still works out for him either at Sheffield United or elsewhere. He’s still young enough.

So it’s unlikely any of those three will play but it's a game we need to be winning and it’ll be an awful result if we don’t, regardless of whoever does. Overall, their form in recent weeks has seen them lose their last two games, both against potential relegation rivals Bournemouth and Burnley, the latter spanking them 5-0 on Saturday. Before that they got four points out of six, with a creditable draw at Brighton and a last minute winner at Wolves, albeit via penalty that shouldn’t have been given. Prior to that they’d lost six in row. Oli McBurnie got sent off in their last game so will be suspended. And the BBC are reporting today that Paul Heckingbottom is due to be sacked. Whether that makes a huge difference or not I’m not sure. They won’t have a new manager in charge so are probably going to play in a similar manner to how they have been so tactically it’s unlikely to be anything different to what we would have been expecting. It may put a bit of a spring in the step of the fans and players so that I suspect we’ll have to be wary of that more than anything else.

We’re thankfully top of our Europa League group so don’t have to worry too much about that but do have Crystal Palace at 12.30pm on Saturday (again) so I expect we’ll make a few changes from the Fulham game, although injuries are starting to pile up now. I make that Alisson, Robertson and Jota all out for this one, now joined by Matip after Sunday. Thiago and Bajcetic are still out too. It probably means that we may not see many changes from Sunday and with games every 3/4 days, it's not ideal going into a busy period. But from memory Klopp usually does ok in these early December midweek games so here’s hoping for that to continue.

Prediction: 3-0 to the tricky reds in that garish green and white kit.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2023, 09:27:17 pm by Jingle Bells Tepid Smells »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Sheff U vs Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: December 6, 2023, 06:32:36 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 6, 2023, 06:33:32 pm »
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 6, 2023, 07:31:29 pm »
0 underway at Bramall lane.

Liverpool rocking a Parma Violet look
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 6, 2023, 07:33:30 pm »
2 free kick to Sheff U out wide left.  Just ahead of Robinson’s foot.
W

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2023, 07:35:25 pm »
This doesn’t look good

Mac Allister looks in a lot of pain
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2023, 07:35:38 pm »
This doesn't look good
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 6, 2023, 07:35:43 pm »
4 free kick to us about 35 yards out.  Macallister in some pain with his knee here.
He kicks his standing leg from under him then stood on his knee.

Ouch
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #8 on: December 6, 2023, 07:36:53 pm »
Literally trod on his knee.whilst he was on the floor, very clumsy

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9 on: December 6, 2023, 07:37:29 pm »
Literally trod on his knee.whilst he was on the floor, very clumsy

No yellow card.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 6, 2023, 07:38:08 pm »
At least he’s up. Looks like it might be more superficial thankfully

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 6, 2023, 07:38:24 pm »
He's up at least.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #12 on: December 6, 2023, 07:38:29 pm »
Looks like he's OK

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #13 on: December 6, 2023, 07:38:57 pm »
No yellow card.
accidental according to VAR, should have been a yellow though

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 6, 2023, 07:39:05 pm »
8 free kick is finally taken and headed clear.

Mac appears to be ok now.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 6, 2023, 07:40:56 pm »
10 Diaz races down the left, loops a cross into the box, but Mo slices an ambitious volley well wide.
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 6, 2023, 07:41:23 pm »
10 Diaz races down the left, loops a cross into the box, but Mo slices an ambitious volley well wide.

Excellent play from Endo in the build up

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #17 on: December 6, 2023, 07:42:38 pm »
Great save
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 6, 2023, 07:43:12 pm »
11 better shot from Mo is deflected behind for a corner.

Just over for  another corner

This one is cleared

A howler from Gomez lets them get clear, TAA does really really well to mop up.

Now a long throw and Kelleher takes well.
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 6, 2023, 07:43:18 pm »
Great save
Nice strong Claim from the throw in too

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #20 on: December 6, 2023, 07:43:40 pm »
Nice strong Claim from the throw in too
It was mate

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 6, 2023, 07:46:02 pm »
14 Endo into everything here. Would tackle their coach.

Over to Jill
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 6, 2023, 07:46:07 pm »
Joe just needs to calm down a little his touch has been a bit off so far

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #23 on: December 6, 2023, 07:47:39 pm »
Poor start from Gomez so far, hopefully he picks things up

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 6, 2023, 07:47:53 pm »
16 I think its true to say this is yet to ignite, quite slow build play so far, defences generally on top.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 6, 2023, 07:49:18 pm »
What was Konate doing there?
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 6, 2023, 07:49:35 pm »
17 That was a bit better working it in from the right, Gakpo gets his toe on the ball but can't direct it into goal, then Endo supplies Salah, but again we can't finish and SU clear and then they break, but Van Dijk does well to block the shot.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 6, 2023, 07:50:04 pm »
Lovely ball from Konate I think to Diaz in that previous move when Gakpo didn’t get his shot off

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 6, 2023, 07:52:03 pm »
20 A much better move there which ends with a corner, after Sobs does some good running at Sheffield United defence. Trent's corner is defended. We get another corner on the right this time, but the ref blows for a free kick to SU.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #29 on: December 6, 2023, 07:52:34 pm »
Virgil again having his shirt pulled off him but nothing given

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #30 on: December 6, 2023, 07:53:16 pm »
Need to make these corners count.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 6, 2023, 07:53:18 pm »
Good save by Kelleher! What was Gomez doing though, really can't afford to get that sloppy at the back

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #32 on: December 6, 2023, 07:53:25 pm »
Looks like Virgil has given up bothering to complain about shirt pulling too

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 6, 2023, 07:53:35 pm »
22 Another corner on the left after Gomez and Diaz combine. That corner from Trent ripped through the defence but they just about get it away, it comes back and Konate hits it but its easy catch for the goalie.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 6, 2023, 07:54:48 pm »
Their defending form set pieces is wild… One step away from smashing metal chairs on our lads backs
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 6, 2023, 07:56:11 pm »
24 We are attempting to move the ball around from side to side, but that time Van Dijk gets it all wrong and it goes out.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 6, 2023, 07:57:18 pm »
Very scrappy at the moment

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #37 on: December 6, 2023, 07:57:23 pm »
Need more from Gakpo, he’s been anonymous

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 6, 2023, 07:58:06 pm »
25 That is really disappointing from us there, Trent taking a throw in and no one's making themselves available and in the end the decision goes to SU. We have to move a bit more, it's way too slow.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 6, 2023, 07:59:45 pm »
27 After a move, we manage to get a corner which Trent takes, and the goalie makes a real mess of it and drops the ball, but SU manage to get it away.