Author Topic: EL: Liverpool 4 v 0 Lask Diaz 12’ Gakpo 15’ 90+2’ Mo 51’(p)  (Read 9670 times)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Re: EL: Liverpool 4 v 0 Lask Diaz 12’ Gakpo 15’ 90+2’ Mo 51’(p)
« Reply #200 on: December 1, 2023, 08:19:05 am »
Good comfortable win, only neg was not getting the game done in the 1st half. Sometimes was a bit too open but I think it was deliberate because we were always going to score with out front 3. Could easily have been 8-3!

Glad the group is done and we can rest more players against USG.

Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #201 on: December 1, 2023, 08:29:22 am »
Still only lost one game this season in all competitions, the game against Toulouse

And we nearly got a thoroughly undeserved draw. :D

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: December 1, 2023, 08:30:29 am »
team vs Union shoudl be

Kelleher

Bradley  Gomez Quansah  Chambers
              Endo
Eliott             Gravenberch/Jones

Gordon    Gakpo     Doak

Bench
rest of u21 squad

that team is not that weak in areas. No point pakying players who have clocked up alot of mins.
Im not sure i would play Gakpo either

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 1, 2023, 08:39:50 am »
Good comfortable win, only neg was not getting the game done in the 1st half. Sometimes was a bit too open but I think it was deliberate because we were always going to score with out front 3. Could easily have been 8-3!

Glad the group is done and we can rest more players against USG.

Rest? Knowing Klopp he will still play Salah. He kept playing him in champions league games when we where already through to the next round.

Offline Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #204 on: December 1, 2023, 08:55:28 am »
Even if most of the u21's would be starting the Union game, some senior players would still have to travel over to complete the squad:
List of all players who can be involved: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/7889--liverpool/squad/

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 1, 2023, 09:03:38 am »
The Europa has changed since we were last in it, the fact group winners go straight to the last 16 rather than having a last 32 is a big bonus for us.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #206 on: December 1, 2023, 09:04:38 am »
Rest? Knowing Klopp he will still play Salah. He kept playing him in champions league games when we where already through to the next round.
Salah is playing for the record books.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #207 on: December 1, 2023, 09:49:43 am »
The Europa has changed since we were last in it, the fact group winners go straight to the last 16 rather than having a last 32 is a big bonus for us.

Didn't realise that was the case. And what happens to the teams parachuted in from the Champions League?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 1, 2023, 10:08:51 am »
Didn't realise that was the case. And what happens to the teams parachuted in from the Champions League?

The 2nd placed Europa sides play the 3rd placed CL sides in the round of 32.

We then come in after that at the round of 16, not sure if the draw in December is made to account for both of those two things (ie they draw the round of 32 and then draw us to play, say the winner of Salzburg v AEK Athens or whatever or whether we need to wait until that tie is played in February before our round is drawn.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 1, 2023, 10:13:08 am »
Great win and a great game. Could have had double figures really. Massive shout out to their fans who were excellent throughout

Every Liverpool player out there tonight was brilliant. You could genuinely shout out any of them for MotM (maybe not Kelleher as he had little to do but what he needed to do, he did well). I'd go for Endo personally. He was everywhere. On the ball he's fucking ace and off the ball, he's a proper little terrier and you can see him getting up to speed with everything

It's so good to have a little group of home grown players coming through. Quansah, Elliott, Jones, Bajetic and Trent will be a massive part of this squad for years to come (and you've got the likes of Doak, Bradley, Chambers as well). For one thing it saves us massive amounts of money but on the other hand it showcases to players around the world that they should be coming here at a young age because they'll get games and develop

Team for the last group game would be Kelleher, Bradley, Gomez, Quansah, Chambers, Endo, Elliott, Gravenberch, Doak, Gakpo, Gordon. Would fill the bench with as many other lads as possible and use that week to rest those who will be key coming into Christmas. I think we all know Salah will want to play as he definitely wants to finish higher in that goals chart

One last thing is a shout out to the CBs we have. I don't think there's another club across Europe who have the talent and depth there that we do

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 1, 2023, 10:14:11 am »
It's really good that we can put the Europa to bed for a bit and concentrate on the domestic schedule.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 1, 2023, 10:27:45 am »
Weird game. Could easily have been a really silly scoreline, like 10-4 or something, but despite the end-to-end craziness of the game, we looked totally assured in everything we were doing. I had no doubts that if LASK had ruined our clean sheet, we'd have gone straight up the other end and put another 3 past them in retaliation.

Always lovely to see the players on the fringes put in beautiful performances. Endo, Gomez, Elliott, Kelleher and Gakpo all putting in the effort tonight to try and force their way into the starting line up for the Fulham game. Not sure any of them do (bar Kelleher), but it's nice to see how hungry they all are.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 1, 2023, 10:39:33 am »
I thought Bradley was really impressive in the few minutes that he got

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #213 on: December 1, 2023, 10:57:40 am »

We then come in after that at the round of 16, not sure if the draw in December is made to account for both of those two things (ie they draw the round of 32 and then draw us to play, say the winner of Salzburg v AEK Athens or whatever or whether we need to wait until that tie is played in February before our round is drawn.

Looking at the groups it looks as though Roma, Villareal, Sporting and either Marseille or Brighton and Freiburg or West Ham will finish 2nd in the group. Hopefully they get some of the trickier 3rd placed CL sides (Newcastle's group and maybe United/Galatasaray) which will help water the last 16 draw down a bit.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 1, 2023, 11:15:56 am »

It's not. The last 16 draw will be made on 23rd Feb. 2 weeks notice for the first leg on 7th March.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 1, 2023, 11:16:49 am »
Looking at the groups it looks as though Roma, Villareal, Sporting and either Marseille or Brighton and Freiburg or West Ham will finish 2nd in the group. Hopefully they get some of the trickier 3rd placed CL sides (Newcastle's group and maybe United/Galatasaray) which will help water the last 16 draw down a bit.
Yeeesh - you can see why we're the favourites with the bookmakers!

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #216 on: December 1, 2023, 12:48:36 pm »
Two teams kicking a football about and it was great fun and a great night.
On the subject of fun, the so-called lesser sides in Europe often generate a better atmosphere don't they? Obviously there are exceptions (Legia Warsaw at Villa for example) but in general the noise and the colour and the humour is so much better when the Villareal's of this world come to town rather than the likes of Barca and Madrid.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 1, 2023, 02:36:13 pm »
On the subject of fun, the so-called lesser sides in Europe often generate a better atmosphere don't they? Obviously there are exceptions (Legia Warsaw at Villa for example) but in general the noise and the colour and the humour is so much better when the Villareal's of this world come to town rather than the likes of Barca and Madrid.

Barca and Real fans don't have much of away culture, they only really travel in numbers for finals, so the away end tickets in Europe will often be snapped up by tourists or UK based members.

Them aside if you can avoid the Italian teams, English teams (and Rangers) the away fans at Anfield in Europe are usually really good. Ajax were great last year as well and PSG really loud when they've played them.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 1, 2023, 02:46:47 pm »
Even if most of the u21's would be starting the Union game, some senior players would still have to travel over to complete the squad:
List of all players who can be involved: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/7889--liverpool/squad/

You can add U21 players to the B list at any time if they've been at the club 2+ years. There's nothing stopping us going full reserves.

James McConnell getting his first start wouldn't surprise me. Kaide Gordon starting would given how little he's played since returning from injury, an extended sub runout seems more realistic.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 1, 2023, 03:56:30 pm »

I rather we avoid Brighton if they go far, kind of a bogey team. In fact I rather avoid any English team. I kind of resigned for Newcastle and possibly Man Utd joining us.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #221 on: December 1, 2023, 04:03:44 pm »
I rather we avoid Brighton if they go far, kind of a bogey team. In fact I rather avoid any English team. I kind of resigned for Newcastle and possibly Man Utd joining us.

Fine with Brighton or United I can't see us not beating either handily over 2 legs
Newcastle would be a problem, their style isn't a great match up for us plus it would be their biggest match in what 50 years at their place

Offline halfpoundcheesy

• [insert witty comment]
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #222 on: December 1, 2023, 04:07:31 pm »
Great win and a great game. Could have had double figures really. Massive shout out to their fans who were excellent throughout

Every Liverpool player out there tonight was brilliant. You could genuinely shout out any of them for MotM (maybe not Kelleher as he had little to do but what he needed to do, he did well). I'd go for Endo personally. He was everywhere. On the ball he's fucking ace and off the ball, he's a proper little terrier and you can see him getting up to speed with everything

It's so good to have a little group of home grown players coming through. Quansah, Elliott, Jones, Bajetic and Trent will be a massive part of this squad for years to come (and you've got the likes of Doak, Bradley, Chambers as well). For one thing it saves us massive amounts of money but on the other hand it showcases to players around the world that they should be coming here at a young age because they'll get games and develop

Team for the last group game would be Kelleher, Bradley, Gomez, Quansah, Chambers, Endo, Elliott, Gravenberch, Doak, Gakpo, Gordon. Would fill the bench with as many other lads as possible and use that week to rest those who will be key coming into Christmas. I think we all know Salah will want to play as he definitely wants to finish higher in that goals chart

One last thing is a shout out to the CBs we have. I don't think there's another club across Europe who have the talent and depth there that we do

Agreed, enjoyed that. Was hoping for that kind of performance.

- Their fans were bouncing the whole way through. Perhaps we should have to keep warm, was bloody freezing...
- Atmosphere a bit flat where I was in 108, but not exactly a mega game, and I think most people were too cold
- Kelleher's distribution of the ball seemed a bit nervy to my eyes, interested if that improves with his upcoming league time
- Pleased Mo got a goal, deserved it as it was (as always) a pleasure to watch him running endlessly down the wing

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 1, 2023, 04:11:36 pm »
Fine with Brighton or United I can't see us not beating either handily over 2 legs
Newcastle would be a problem, their style isn't a great match up for us plus it would be their biggest match in what 50 years at their place
I'd rather play english teams in a 2-legged tie than in a one-off game.

We're so close to winning it. There are a lot of weak teams in this competition and we're just two ties away from the semis. I just hope PSG don't drop into it.

An ideal scenario is us getting weak teams who we then proceed to smash in the first games. We can then rest players in the second leg. As a team that's reached 3 UCL finals recently,  we should be relishing this.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 1, 2023, 04:15:05 pm »
Same, every time (regardless of who). Allows more time for our quality to play out (as we saw last time in Europa).

And yep, would love a similarly kind draw as we had in the groups for the next round or two - would do wonders

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 1, 2023, 04:16:33 pm »

We're so close to winning it. There are a lot of weak teams in this competition and we're just two ties away from the semis. I just hope PSG don't drop into it.

An ideal scenario is us getting weak teams who we then proceed to smash in the first games. We can then rest players in the second leg. As a team that's reached 3 UCL finals recently,  we should be relishing this.

Of course - we're favourites against anyone in the compeition .. and PSG / anyone who could drop into it

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 1, 2023, 04:17:14 pm »

Haven't we beaten Newcastle in every match we've played since Howe went there? Including three at St James'.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 1, 2023, 04:20:18 pm »

Can we draw an English team in the last 16?

Could end up with 5 English teams in the draw so can guarantee we'll end up drawing at least one before the final if that was the case. Although if Newcastle and Man United don't drop into it and Brighton and West Ham don't win their groups then it should ease that a fair bit.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 1, 2023, 04:38:15 pm »
Haven't we beaten Newcastle in every match we've played since Howe went there? Including three at St James'.

Yeah we'd be favourites for the tie - that doesn't mean it won't be difficult. The first half at their place (pre red card, post red card is always weird) is one of the toughest periods we've had this season
« Last Edit: December 1, 2023, 04:42:17 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: December 1, 2023, 04:41:20 pm »
I would presume we could be drawn against anyone as why would they want five teams from the same league getting byes from each other. God forbid there was an all English final in Dublin as would be a nightmare to police and the match itself probably would be a dud as the team's know each other too good.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #230 on: December 1, 2023, 04:44:32 pm »
If we get an English team at any point hopefully it's West Ham. Brighton could be really tricky so it'd be good if they got a Bayer Leverkusen or Champions League drop out first. Not expecting either Newcastle or United to drop down.

Anything can happen of course but so much depends on how seriously Liverpool take it. I'd play every knockout game as if it's a Champions League tie personally, it's a priority trophy this season. The groups were all about rotation and he still went quite strong so that bodes well for the knockouts. It'd be great if we could win the last 16 first leg tie comfortably so we could rotate in the 2nd and still go through, but we will be away so who knows. All depends on who we get as well so might be a bit pointless pondering it now. It's exciting though. Take it seriously and we'll win it, you only have to look at what Sevilla did last season IMO. It was the weakest team they've had in their seven wins in the competition yet probably their hardest run to winning it. They were behind in the quarters, semi and final too. Determination speaks for itself at times.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 1, 2023, 05:09:40 pm »
If we get an English team at any point hopefully it's West Ham. Brighton could be really tricky so it'd be good if they got a Bayer Leverkusen or Champions League drop out first. Not expecting either Newcastle or United to drop down.

Anything can happen of course but so much depends on how seriously Liverpool take it. I'd play every knockout game as if it's a Champions League tie personally, it's a priority trophy this season. The groups were all about rotation and he still went quite strong so that bodes well for the knockouts. It'd be great if we could win the last 16 first leg tie comfortably so we could rotate in the 2nd and still go through, but we will be away so who knows. All depends on who we get as well so might be a bit pointless pondering it now. It's exciting though. Take it seriously and we'll win it, you only have to look at what Sevilla did last season IMO. It was the weakest team they've had in their seven wins in the competition yet probably their hardest run to winning it. They were behind in the quarters, semi and final too. Determination speaks for itself at times.

Arsenal should have won the EL last season, or at least made the final, but they were so focussed on the title they half arsed it. If we are genuinely in the title race come March/April (i.e. at least within a few points of the top or in first) then that's the priority. If we get to the quarters/semis of the EL and we're out the title race then like in 15/16 we're more likely to rest players in the league.

You can't go Thursday/Sunday with the same players, it needs a lot of rotation, which we've been able to do in the group stage by resting players.

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #232 on: December 1, 2023, 05:21:46 pm »
Looking at the calendar, we're playing the round of 16 matches on consecutive Thursdays, with the City match in between, and the away derby the following weekend. Could really do without a tricky draw.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 1, 2023, 05:36:18 pm »
team vs Union shoudl be

Kelleher

Bradley  Gomez Quansah  Chambers
              Endo
Eliott             Gravenberch/Jones

Gordon    Gakpo     Doak

Bench
rest of u21 squad

that team is not that weak in areas. No point pakying players who have clocked up alot of mins.
Im not sure i would play Gakpo either

I think it's just a case of putting the starting 11 for the game against Man Utd a few days later to one side and selecting the best possible side from what's left. Then the bench is probably 5 youngsters plus 5 experienced players, and then goalkeepers. Might look something like the below. Although I do wonder if we might see Pitaluga get his debut.

Starting 11 for Man Utd: Alisson, Trent, Tsimikas, Konate, van Djik, Mac Allister, Jones, Szoboszlai, Salah, Diaz, Nunez

For R. Union SG: Kelleher, Bradley, Gomez, Matip, Quansah, Endo, Gravenberch, Elliott, Doak, Gordon, Gakpo. Subs: Pitaluga, Jaros, Chambers, Scanlon, Konate, Mac Allister, Jones, McConnell, Koumas, Clark, Diaz, Nunez

Left at home: Alisson, Trent, Tsimikas, van Djik, Szoboszlai, Salah

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 1, 2023, 06:12:15 pm »
I thought we played some lovely footy last night, I was particularly please with Gapkos shift - much more of that please Cody lad.

Likewise, Endo was solid.

Couldn't be happier. We achieved the exact objective in the first stage of European football.

Up the Reds.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #235 on: December 1, 2023, 08:36:22 pm »
Can we draw an English team in the last 16?

Could end up with 5 English teams in the draw so can guarantee we'll end up drawing at least one before the final if that was the case. Although if Newcastle and Man United don't drop into it and Brighton and West Ham don't win their groups then it should ease that a fair bit.
There is no country protection in the knockout rounds, so yes, we could draw an English team.

United may not even get out of their group, there is a decent chance. Even Newcastle are not certain if they get beat by Milan at home.

West ham need a draw at home to Freiburg, to which they won there, to stay top. Likely won't meet them in the round of 16. Same for Brighton, if they beat Marseille at home.

Then, there are the playoffs between the EL 2nd and CL 3rd teams.

I think in the round of 16 it is very unlikely for us to meet an English team, with the slight possibility of having 2-3 English teams in the quarterfinals. I think we will have to play an English team before we win it.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 1, 2023, 08:53:38 pm »
There is no country protection in the knockout rounds, so yes, we could draw an English team.

United may not even get out of their group, there is a decent chance. Even Newcastle are not certain if they get beat by Milan at home.

West ham need a draw at home to Freiburg, to which they won there, to stay top. Likely won't meet them in the round of 16. Same for Brighton, if they beat Marseille at home.

Then, there are the playoffs between the EL 2nd and CL 3rd teams.

I think in the round of 16 it is very unlikely for us to meet an English team, with the slight possibility of having 2-3 English teams in the quarterfinals. I think we will have to play an English team before we win it.

I have no problem with that. European refs might not be paragons of virtue, but they're freaking saints compared to the dross the PL hands us. Any English club we go up against in the Europa is going to get a shock.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #237 on: December 1, 2023, 09:01:58 pm »
I have no problem with that. European refs might not be paragons of virtue, but they're freaking saints compared to the dross the PL hands us. Any English club we go up against in the Europa is going to get a shock.

I don't think they'll get a shock. They will expect a whooping...  ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 1, 2023, 09:19:34 pm »
Apologies if already mentioned, but anyone know why the first couple of rows on The Kop were covered up last night? Didn’t notice it at the game and only picked up on it looking at the highlights.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #239 on: December 1, 2023, 09:43:17 pm »
Apologies if already mentioned, but anyone know why the first couple of rows on The Kop were covered up last night? Didn’t notice it at the game and only picked up on it looking at the highlights.

It’s usually because of advertising boards being taller for European matches (I think!).