Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850503 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #12760 on: May 28, 2020, 06:42:26 pm »
I don’t think this would be applicable for United if they were in the same position as us. As others have mentioned, this is entirely on Joe Anderson’s condemnation a few weeks ago. He should be fucking ashamed of himself on the distain he’s done to the supporters in this city. 

Nah, its a long drive from Surrey to stand in a car park, most wouldn't do it... ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12761 on: May 28, 2020, 06:42:48 pm »
If we beat the bitters, bet your life BBC will want the Crystal Palace game because we could win it in that.  ;D

SKY already have the game. Doubt they will relent on their "March and April" picks. BBC will pick up whatever is left

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12762 on: May 28, 2020, 06:45:04 pm »
While we're all hype for footy coming back...

Who you got?

Definitely Keiron Dyer and Ashley Young for the 2000's.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12763 on: May 28, 2020, 06:45:59 pm »
Definitely Keiron Dyer and Ashley Young for the 2000's.

If he didn't get injured before you could pick him.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12764 on: May 28, 2020, 06:55:08 pm »
If he didn't get injured before you could pick him.

Touche.

It'd be bitter of me to complain about something so inconsequential but I'm going to anyway. Firmino missing is galling but unsurprising. Joe Hart and Danny Rose being in there odd, I suspect most people would have to Google who Rose is. And Alonso and Fowler not being there is rubbish though.

Aside from that, good post tubby :P

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12765 on: May 28, 2020, 06:56:30 pm »
so what will be your preferred alcohol to celebrate our title in a few weeks?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12766 on: May 28, 2020, 06:56:30 pm »
SKY already have the game. Doubt they will relent on their "March and April" picks. BBC will pick up whatever is left
the palace game was a 3pm kickoff

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #12767 on: May 28, 2020, 07:00:39 pm »
If we beat the bitters, bet your life BBC will want the Crystal Palace game because we could win it in that.  ;D

And we still won't have won a league title on Sky cameras :D

Just like the old days.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12768 on: May 28, 2020, 07:01:00 pm »
the palace game was a 3pm kickoff

5-30 wasn’t it?

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12769 on: May 28, 2020, 07:02:34 pm »

BBC will probably have little say in the games they get and will likely will get lumbered with games involving the shite teams like Watford, Villa and Everton.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12770 on: May 28, 2020, 07:04:25 pm »
BBC will probably have little say in the games they get and will likely will get lumbered with games involving the shite teams like Watford, Villa and Everton.

Yep. They'll take Burnley v Norwich and be grateful for it

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12771 on: May 28, 2020, 07:13:27 pm »

If Arsenal beat City then we can win at Goodison
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #12772 on: May 28, 2020, 07:14:37 pm »
This is total bollocks!!! that we cant play at Anfield. where is the sporting integrity in that. Its saying our supporters cant be trusted. A bloody disgrace, plus we have fans all over the country not just in liverpool. Neutral venues will still have liverpool fans in those towns/cities. I am a liverpool fan and I am from london as an example.
where does it say we can't play at Anfield?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12773 on: May 28, 2020, 07:18:12 pm »
I heard a few Blues saying they'd refuse to go to Goodison if the Reds had a chance to win the league there...

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12774 on: May 28, 2020, 07:20:27 pm »
where does it say we can't play at Anfield?

Not seeing anything to say that clubs can play at home.

The only mention of grounds seems to still support the idea of neutral venues;

"A number of clubs have expressed their opposition to the concept of using neutral grounds, including Brighton, West Ham and Crystal Palace. "

(From the Beeb)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12775 on: May 28, 2020, 07:22:23 pm »

"A number of clubs have expressed their opposition to the concept of using neutral grounds, including Brighton, West Ham and Crystal Palace. "

(From the Beeb)

From Lawton earlier this evening

Liverpool are likely to have to play their remaining home fixtures at neutral venues when the Premier League resumes next month, The Times can reveal.

The Premier League clubs yesterday agreed to resume the season behind closed doors on Wednesday June 17 with Manchester City v Arsenal and Aston Villa v Sheffield United the first matches since football was shutdown on March 13.

The authorities are concerned that “key matches” — such as those involving league leaders Liverpool and London derbies — might lead to supporters congregating outside stadiums in breach of social distancing guidelines.
[/b]

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12776 on: May 28, 2020, 07:22:46 pm »
Everton's games have been moved to The Comedy Channel. Jordan Pickford in the lead role.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12777 on: May 28, 2020, 07:24:24 pm »

(From the Beeb)

Which given the (admittedly limited) Bundesliga data might backfire on them. I can only hope the Dildo Brothers fuck off again. I have no real issue with West Ham fans, the ones I've met and talked to have always been sound but bullish and loud about their team and I've no issue with that at all. Sullivan, Gold and Brady though...

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12778 on: May 28, 2020, 07:24:42 pm »
Lawton is now indicating that it is only the derby against Everton, and any home game that we could win the title, which would need to be played at neutral venues;

To clarify, it’s Liverpool home games when they could win the title - as well as away to Everton and City - that were discussed as potentially high risk by PL today. And other big derby matches. Remains a proposal at this stage and Liverpool will follow guidance of authorities.[/b]

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #12779 on: May 28, 2020, 07:30:23 pm »

(From the Beeb)
if all games are at neutral venues then fair enough I guess but it's not fair that only Liverpool home games are played at neutral venues but no others.

As was said above though this is down to the statement from Fat Joe
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #12780 on: May 28, 2020, 07:38:28 pm »
Sky will have 64 of the 92 games live and 25 of these will be free to air on Freeview.

Via there 'Pick' Channel they say, which is available on Freeview and Freesat. Starting with the Derby.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #12781 on: May 28, 2020, 07:51:06 pm »
The last time a live, top-flight league football match was broadcast on the BBC was during the 1987-88 season

Wonder who won the league that year?  ;D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12782 on: May 28, 2020, 08:27:57 pm »
Looks like Kante's returned to training as well as per the BBC after initially staying away following his concerns.

Night and day compared to Deeney.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12783 on: May 28, 2020, 08:29:49 pm »
I would think teams in relegation danger are just as likely to have people show up, why aren’t they being mentioned for neutral grounds?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12784 on: May 28, 2020, 08:36:29 pm »
I would think teams in relegation danger are just as likely to have people show up, why aren’t they being mentioned for neutral grounds?

As per the tweet above from Lawton, it is for key matches, one example of that being a derby (so the Merseyside Derby sadly won’t be at Goodison,) or any other remaining derbies (I think it’s just the London derbies other than that,) and any home game where we can win the league has also been noted.

Given the above, I’d imagine that if a team were in a position that they could save themselves from relegation in a home game (or maybe qualify for the CL?) then that would likely follow similar protocol.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12785 on: May 28, 2020, 08:57:02 pm »
I heard a few Blues saying they'd refuse to go to Goodison if the Reds had a chance to win the league there...

That was a genuine thing before covid, now the fuckers have an excuse for not going, bitter twats.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #12786 on: May 28, 2020, 09:00:17 pm »
Lawton is now indicating that it is only the derby against Everton, and any home game that we could win the title, which would need to be played at neutral venues;

To clarify, it’s Liverpool home games when they could win the title - as well as away to Everton and City - that were discussed as potentially high risk by PL today. And other big derby matches. Remains a proposal at this stage and Liverpool will follow guidance of authorities.[/b]
There is no neutral ground for Liverpool. There are always going to be more Liverpool fans whether it is up or down the country. Even if we were to play in Istanbul we will still have more fans than the opposing team.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12787 on: May 28, 2020, 09:04:49 pm »
Everton fans probably have more chance of turning up to any game Liverpool lose in (which is unlikely to be fair) to celebrate the only reason they're in football for.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12788 on: May 28, 2020, 09:09:57 pm »
There is no neutral ground for Liverpool. There are always going to be more Liverpool fans whether it is up or down the country. Even if we were to play in Istanbul we will still have more fans than the opposing team.

Wolves away May 1976 is still the stuff of legend, I was 9 at the time and watched it on MOTD, they were hanging off the floodlights that night

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #12789 on: May 28, 2020, 09:15:31 pm »
David Lynch saying Liverpool do not expect to play any of their remaining Premier League home fixtures at neutral venues.
YWNA

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #12790 on: May 28, 2020, 09:18:37 pm »
There is a new thread open about this all in the main forum now.
YWNA

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #12791 on: May 28, 2020, 09:42:18 pm »
Wolves away May 1976 is still the stuff of legend, I was 9 at the time and watched it on MOTD, they were hanging off the floodlights that night
Thanks for pointing that out. Just saw a YouTube highlights. Really a piece of history that we are proud of.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12792 on: May 28, 2020, 09:46:30 pm »
Thanks for pointing that out. Just saw a YouTube highlights. Really a piece of history that we are proud of.

Was there as a 13 year old. Mad scenes getting in, watching the match, invading the pitch at the end, and partying all the way home.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #12793 on: May 28, 2020, 09:48:25 pm »
This'll be the first Derby in about 20 years in which Everton haven't been booooooed off the park by their own fans.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12794 on: May 28, 2020, 10:01:27 pm »
Just saw these comparisons on Twitter... :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #12795 on: May 28, 2020, 10:14:15 pm »
Just told the wife I'll see her again at the end of July! :)
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12796 on: May 28, 2020, 10:22:09 pm »
Harry Kane swears on his daughters life he’s not put any weight on
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12797 on: May 28, 2020, 10:24:29 pm »
Looks like Kane has been claiming other people’s cream cakes during lockdown.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #12798 on: May 28, 2020, 10:25:30 pm »
Just saw these comparisons on Twitter... :o

Is that real ???
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12799 on: May 28, 2020, 10:40:06 pm »
Harry Kane swears on his daughters life he’s not put any weight on

Looks like he ate her...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...