Author Topic: RAWK Fallout Shelter 3.0: CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR BEHIND YOU! Edition  (Read 67479 times)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK Fallout Shelter 3.0: CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR BEHIND YOU! Edition
« Reply #2240 on: April 14, 2024, 09:01:33 pm »
Took a bang on the head at work today that sent me all dizzy and confusd for a while so I came home early to continue the feeling with a bottle of red 😁
;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2241 on: April 14, 2024, 09:07:16 pm »
Took a bang on the head at work today that sent me all dizzy and confusd for a while so I came home early to continue the feeling with a bottle of red 😁
It usually happens the other way to me - first the bottle of red, then the bang on the head. Mostly from my wife...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #2242 on: April 18, 2024, 09:55:23 pm »
Batten down the hatches

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2243 on: April 18, 2024, 09:57:08 pm »
Batten down the hatches
In before the lockdown.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2244 on: April 18, 2024, 10:21:57 pm »
Batten down the hatches

I've had enough tonight.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2245 on: April 18, 2024, 10:35:51 pm »
For the knobheads on here? Yeah I fucking would. Why? Because it's what THEY want.

If you want robo-football and perfection and endless wins, then what you really want is a Sportswasher. You just don't have the fucking guts to admit it as far as I'm concerned. And anybody who willingly kicks our players when they're down, week after week, to suddenly jump on their high horse over a Sportwasher is sucking hypocrisy d!ck.

So yeah, I'll fucking revel in it, and I don't give a fuck how bitter you think that makes me. If we're going to be so fucking negative we may as well go the whole hog.

Stand in your power and tell your truth even if your voice wobbles.

Is right ! I fuckin love it !
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2246 on: April 18, 2024, 10:43:51 pm »
I've had enough tonight.
Don't waste your patience and your energy.

None of us are happy but some seem to love it. My fave earlier in the new manager thread was a can't wait for a new manager and management team ffs.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2247 on: April 18, 2024, 10:46:56 pm »
Don't waste your patience and your energy.

None of us are happy but some seem to love it. My fave earlier in the new manager thread was a can't wait for a new manager and management team ffs.

God help the new manager more like! Can you imagine if he doesn't start well next season? 🙄

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2248 on: April 18, 2024, 10:50:11 pm »
Ups and downs, ups and down this week has been... Laid off in February, but got a decent severance package this week. Established a company, but was turned down for funding that would kickstart it. New work hinges on publication of some papers that were given the runaround because I had contact email (old job) I have no access to. Got my hopes high for Liverpool in the 7th min, then Salah missed that chance...

All wihtin one week...

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2249 on: April 18, 2024, 10:56:57 pm »
God help the new manager more like! Can you imagine if he doesn't start well next season? 🙄
Never mind a fallout bunker a new island will be needed over here.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #2250 on: April 19, 2024, 12:10:52 am »
I'm pretty much done with this place. Can't stand the negativity anymore. More than that, there's no real effort to stay positive. What little effort is just being swamped by people who delight in bickering and wallowing.

I stopped posting a few years ago due to the crap being posted.
Lurked for the years after but came back to post recently and I am already thinking of going again.
The Salah thread is a real bitch fest when we do not get the result everyone wants.

The only problem with giving into the negative posters is that a bloody good forum will go tits up if all of the decent posters pack it in.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2251 on: April 19, 2024, 09:06:31 am »
People can't handle disappointment and it seems to be getting worse. Some of the stuff last night in the main section. New low.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2252 on: April 19, 2024, 09:36:40 am »
People can't handle disappointment and it seems to be getting worse. Some of the stuff last night in the main section. New low.

Yeah the general tone in those threads is bad. I steer clear of the player threads at the moment anyway but ones like the title run in and the Klopp threads  are so negative.

I get that people are upset and disappointed. We all are. But the overall tone and revisionism in there comes a a bit if a shock. Nothing to report to mods and everyone is entitled to their view. Think I’m maybe surprised that I seem to be out of kilter with the general consensus.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2253 on: April 19, 2024, 09:46:37 am »
Yeah the general tone in those threads is bad. I steer clear of the player threads at the moment anyway but ones like the title run in and the Klopp threads  are so negative.

I get that people are upset and disappointed. We all are. But the overall tone and revisionism in there comes a a bit if a shock. Nothing to report to mods and everyone is entitled to their view. Think I’m maybe surprised that I seem to be out of kilter with the general consensus.

Should we be surprised though? It appears to happen with every manager the club has. It happened with Rafa, Kenny going further back. We put so much expectations on these managers and then we wonder why it finishes the way it does.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 01:14:44 pm by jillcwhomever »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2254 on: April 19, 2024, 11:37:31 am »

It's mad that a football forum and the worst part of it is the football section. Pre game, in game, after the match it never feels "quite right". Sections have certain opinions on individuals which get brought up any time we don't succeed (as if it's pre planned).

I'd like to think that people do want success at LFC at the crux of it. Some have a bizarre way of expressing it though.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #2255 on: April 19, 2024, 02:46:55 pm »
It's mad that a football forum and the worst part of it is the football section. Pre game, in game, after the match it never feels "quite right". Sections have certain opinions on individuals which get brought up any time we don't succeed (as if it's pre planned).

I'd like to think that people do want success at LFC at the crux of it. Some have a bizarre way of expressing it though.

I agree with this and the trouble is it stifles actual debate.  There's a couple of reasonable things to ask about say, Salah - should we be extending him given his wages and current form?  Did we play better without him while he was at AFCON/injured?

The trouble is, that gets lost in the myriad of posters who go too far and are like I'D SELL HIM FOR 40M and it provokes somewhat understandable shrieking responses, and then those trying to actually debate things that are at least interesting whether we agree or not kind of get lost in that noise and/or lumped in with the ones who've really lost their heads.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2256 on: April 19, 2024, 04:27:36 pm »

I never thought I'd say this but can I hear more from Nick?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2257 on: April 21, 2024, 09:08:55 pm »
How many of you are part of  the secret society on RAWK that gathers via DM's to hate on me?  ;D

According to some muppet in the transfer thread there's a gathering of a few.  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2258 on: April 21, 2024, 09:31:57 pm »
How many of you are part of  the secret society on RAWK that gathers via DM's to hate on me?  ;D

According to some muppet in the transfer thread there's a gathering of a few.  ;D

I can neither confirm nor deny that Hazell, John C, Eyeore, CHOPPER, Fromola, Kenny’s Jacket and myself meet every Thursday at 7pm to discuss your latest embarrassing transfer rumours and what action should be taken against you.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2259 on: April 21, 2024, 09:34:14 pm »
Anyone got the password for that Samanthas Ass Salad Whatsapp group? ive fucking forgot mine

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2260 on: April 21, 2024, 09:44:11 pm »
I can neither confirm nor deny that Hazell, John C, Eyeore, CHOPPER, Fromola, Kenny’s Jacket and myself meet every Thursday at 7pm to discuss your latest embarrassing transfer rumours and what action should be taken against you.
Sounds like a right barrel of laughs, gutted I didn't get an invite..

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2261 on: April 21, 2024, 10:30:13 pm »
I joined these clandestine meetings after Samie assured us all that Alonso was going to be our next manager, only for him to rule himself out shortly afterwards. I took that quite hard, and I'm bitter about it.  :rant
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2262 on: April 22, 2024, 08:35:40 am »
I feel like the most match threads should be labelled 'Reaction' threads. Let everyone get out their words, lets face it having a conversation during the mass of posts after a loss, or after a win is impossible and pointless, especially while emotions are running high. Don't bother quoting anyone and trying to get them to explain something said after we've just lost an annoying game. As long as there is nothing horrific said.

We should then have the proper breakdown thread that opens the next morning, allow people to give their thoughts on the game in full whether its tactical or emotive, no short shitty posts that add nothing. Full thoughts, full breakdown, if you challenge something you do it in an adult way. Anyone that starts trying to cause arguments or throws insults at players, fans, other posters, just fuck them off the site for a bit.

There is just no point in anyone going through the post match threads to try and give proper debate 20 minutes after a game. I'd even just lock all player threads for a while, but obviously that weighs heavy on the mods.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2263 on: April 22, 2024, 12:01:34 pm »
^
The problem (although I'm not sure it really is actually a problem) is that football fandom is a highly emotional thing. The game is a vehicle for the hopes and dreams of so many people. It's a distraction from the grinding groundhog days of everyday life. People invest so much time and emotional energy into following their Club.

It probably looks and sounds ridiculous to an outside observer, but this game of millionaires kicking around an expensive bag of wind and hoping to place it into a net has always had the power to make grown men and women cry. Usually in anguish, but sometimes, just sometimes in unbridled elation. It has the power to make your week or ruin it. You know all this anyway, so I'm just repeating it rather than pretending I'm uncovering some hidden truths here.

If we accept that the above holds water, then getting fans in game threads to post in a measured,  considered manner might not always be feasible. Emotion will always come into it. Teddies will always get launched from prams after a poor effort from our own multi millionaires. Chests will be puffed out and posts will have a strut about them if we smash a rival.

However, I do agree that a thread a day later once the dust settles might just result in more considered posting, but even then I wouldn't guarantee that the same emotions from the previous day won't turn up in there too.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 12:36:14 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2264 on: April 22, 2024, 12:09:23 pm »
We used to have round tables a day or two after a game which tried to offer a more considered view of how the game went. Not sure what happened to them, probably just got too time consuming for the hood folk who produced them. And then they’d probably descend into post match thread style replies anyway! Plus games seem to come so thick and fast these days you’re almost straight into thinking about the next one within a few hours if the final whistle.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #2265 on: April 22, 2024, 12:19:27 pm »
I feel like the most match threads should be labelled 'Reaction' threads. Let everyone get out their words, lets face it having a conversation during the mass of posts after a loss, or after a win is impossible and pointless, especially while emotions are running high. Don't bother quoting anyone and trying to get them to explain something said after we've just lost an annoying game. As long as there is nothing horrific said.

We should then have the proper breakdown thread that opens the next morning, allow people to give their thoughts on the game in full whether its tactical or emotive, no short shitty posts that add nothing. Full thoughts, full breakdown, if you challenge something you do it in an adult way. Anyone that starts trying to cause arguments or throws insults at players, fans, other posters, just fuck them off the site for a bit.

There is just no point in anyone going through the post match threads to try and give proper debate 20 minutes after a game. I'd even just lock all player threads for a while, but obviously that weighs heavy on the mods.

Great idea. The round table threads were what attracted me to rawk in the first place and I learned so much about football - and how to be a liverpool supporter - from them. Would welcome their return or something similar.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2266 on: April 22, 2024, 02:49:05 pm »
^
The problem (although I'm not sure it really is actually a problem) is that football fandom is a highly emotional thing. The game is a vehicle for the hopes and dreams of so many people. It's a distraction from the grinding groundhog days of everyday life. People invest so much time and emotional energy into following their Club.

It probably looks and sounds ridiculous to an outside observer, but this game of millionaires kicking around an expensive bag of wind and hoping to place it into a net has always had the power to make grown men and women cry. Usually in anguish, but sometimes, just sometimes in unbridled elation. It has the power to make your week or ruin it. You know all this anyway, so I'm just repeating it rather than pretending I'm uncovering some hidden truths here.

If we accept that the above holds water, then getting fans in game threads to post in a measured,  considered manner might not always be feasible. Emotion will always come into it. Teddies will always get launched from prams after a poor effort from our own multi millionaires. Chests will be puffed out and posts will have a strut about them if we smash a rival.

However, I do agree that a thread a day later once the dust settles might just result in more considered posting, but even then I wouldn't guarantee that the same emotions from the previous day won't turn up in there too.

Of course emotion will always come into it, but I think separating out the short, less thought out immediate reaction posts, whether positive and celebratory or negative and whingey will be good. Don't expect a good debate in a thread like that, it's too high on emotion.

The more detailed analysis thread of course would welcome all posters, negative or positive, but should be done in a more thought out manner. Don't just say Nunez was crap and needs dropping, explain why, what that does, how you replace him, go into detail on what he has done wrong. Give others something to try debate with, rather than it just breaking out to "Fuck off" within 2 posts.

Obviously it would need to be well modded, and I appreciate they may not have that time. I don't think the first post in the round table thread needs to be particularly detailed either, to save volunteers needing to cover each game. Just create the thread and let posters get their full thoughts in to create the conversation.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2267 on: April 22, 2024, 04:00:11 pm »
We used to have round tables a day or two after a game which tried to offer a more considered view of how the game went. Not sure what happened to them, probably just got too time consuming for the hood folk who produced them. And then they’d probably descend into post match thread style replies anyway! Plus games seem to come so thick and fast these days you’re almost straight into thinking about the next one within a few hours if the final whistle.

RAWKites gather to debate the latest result:

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2268 on: April 22, 2024, 04:01:18 pm »
Apologies, got mixed up.

That picture is of the group who meet weekly to discuss Samie’s posts. Ruben Amorim indeed.

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #2269 on: April 22, 2024, 04:55:10 pm »
Already a 'flip! they'll win Ted, we might as well just give up now' feel about the next manager with some. Baffling.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2270 on: April 22, 2024, 05:23:34 pm »
The half-time thread was a classic.

Just full of posters that want everyone to know that after 8 years of Jurgen they are still doubters.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2271 on: April 22, 2024, 05:51:36 pm »
The half-time thread was a classic.

Just full of posters that want everyone to know that after 8 years of Jurgen they are still doubters.

They'll go through a whole lifetime of disappointment where nothing is ever good enough, complaining to anybody who'll listen how crap their lives are, how unfair everything is and never being grateful for the small things that can make a difference.

Fuck em the miserable bastards 🤷

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: April 23, 2024, 12:42:24 pm »
Just checked the main boards.  What happened to the Nunez thread?

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #2273 on: April 23, 2024, 01:07:30 pm »
Just checked the main boards.  What happened to the Nunez thread?

It's still there, or do you mean it like 'what the fuck happened?' which is more than fair enough. :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2274 on: April 23, 2024, 03:48:53 pm »
I have been told that mods don't like the way i behave on RAWK and I am sorrry  if I behaved in a way that made you feel uncomfortable. I will try and behave better.

I am sorry. :)

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2275 on: April 23, 2024, 04:06:26 pm »
I have been told that mods don't like the way i behave on RAWK and I am sorrry  if I behaved in a way that made you feel uncomfortable. I will try and behave better.

Haha you dickhead.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2276 on: April 23, 2024, 04:29:04 pm »

Oh my God they hacked Samie!

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: April 23, 2024, 04:37:29 pm »

Your behavior is exemplary, Samie. Your posts on the other hand...

;D

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2278 on: April 23, 2024, 04:44:16 pm »

Not accepted ya big dick head.

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #2279 on: April 23, 2024, 04:51:54 pm »
Heads falling off now because we're seemingly getting Slot, from a similar league to Amorim with a similar record.

Lot of people who were in the interview room too, it seems.