Author Topic: Chillies  (Read 50082 times)

Offline Ronster

• A Real Man who doesn't like Girlies
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chillies
« Reply #320 on: November 7, 2013, 12:34:08 pm »
Take a look at the South Devon Chilli Farm SHF.

It's a treasure trove of chilli seeds, fruits and plants

http://www.southdevonchillifarm.co.uk/shop/bhut-jolokia-chilli-seeds-10-seeds-.html

i've heard this also. Bit of a mecca for chillies apparently. A bloke at my work goes down there religiously to purchase seeds. He pots them, adds bob innes and brings these fantastic chilli plants into work. Yeah chilli's, absolutely love them, grow well with good drumming background music, The Who, Zeppelin this sort of stuff. That Encona West Indian Hot Pepper sauce is the nuts. It's like - well i don't really like food, until now.
'When circumstances can not be changed attitude is everything'

Offline Ronster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #321 on: November 8, 2013, 11:00:41 am »
Ner that's it for me. i'm going to make a chilli right now for tonight but i'm going to use real steak instead of mince. Now my mate has given me some homegrown scotch bonnets so i'm going to base the recipe around the chilli not the meat. I'm going to do it with baked spuds rather than rice and i'm going to coat the spuds with chilli oil at half cooking time to crisp them up. The chilli i'm going to wing, but it'll be something along these lines -

Scotch bonnets (1 added first the rest after i've served up the wife and kids)
Steak (casserole or perhaps rump)
Tinned tomatoes 3 tins of (might go 4 and freeze whats left)
Cumin
1 cinnamon stick
Something i haven't decided on to give it a slight sweet kick but not chocolate
Tomato puree
Salt and pepper
Herbs dunno what yet
Kidney beans 2 tins of, one and a half in fact

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: November 8, 2013, 11:22:57 am »
Sounds good Ron. I made a small Chilli just for me and the missus on Wednesday using 2 of my Chocolate Habaneros.  Chopped them up finely and put the whole lot in, seeds and all.

I am not just blowing my own trumpet here but it was fucking delicious. You can just tell it had real chilli's in. Slightly too hot for the missus but she did eat it all with the aid of a bit of sour cream.  One thing I did do though was also add some of my usual basic hot chilli powder from Tesco.  I wont be using that next time I'm just going to make it with my last 3 Black Habs.  I will be making a bigger lot next time as the daughter wants some as she loves hot food.

To my mince. I always add crushed garlic , black pepper, bit of salt. Tinned tomatoes and a good old dollop of Tomato Puree. 200 ML of Beef Stock. Usually 2 or 3 Teaspoons of Hot Chilli powder but this is getting fucked off for pure Chillis from now on.

Out of curiosity Ron, Do you de-seed your Chilli's or stick the whole lot in? And do you bother with off the shelf Chilli powder?

Hoping Chopper, Pheel and Billy The Kid get posting in here again as they seem to be the RAWK Chilli growing kings.  Can't wait for new year to buy my seeds and pots etc.

Offline Ronster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #323 on: November 8, 2013, 12:59:50 pm »
Sounds good Ron. I made a small Chilli just for me and the missus on Wednesday using 2 of my Chocolate Habaneros.  Chopped them up finely and put the whole lot in, seeds and all.

I am not just blowing my own trumpet here but it was fucking delicious. You can just tell it had real chilli's in. Slightly too hot for the missus but she did eat it all with the aid of a bit of sour cream.  One thing I did do though was also add some of my usual basic hot chilli powder from Tesco.  I wont be using that next time I'm just going to make it with my last 3 Black Habs.  I will be making a bigger lot next time as the daughter wants some as she loves hot food.

To my mince. I always add crushed garlic , black pepper, bit of salt. Tinned tomatoes and a good old dollop of Tomato Puree. 200 ML of Beef Stock. Usually 2 or 3 Teaspoons of Hot Chilli powder but this is getting fucked off for pure Chillis from now on.

Out of curiosity Ron, Do you de-seed your Chilli's or stick the whole lot in? And do you bother with off the shelf Chilli powder?

Hoping Chopper, Pheel and Billy The Kid get posting in here again as they seem to be the RAWK Chilli growing kings.  Can't wait for new year to buy my seeds and pots etc.

Forgot garlic and stock, nice one Pete. Now i tend de-seed my chilli's unless i'm making Thai. Now i've find this nice little Thai supermarket at Richmond Circus which does all the fresh produce just like the Thais have. The coriander is proper not like the supermarket stuff and the lemon grass as well. I started making these really fucked up spicy Tom Yam soups with the big grey prawns and chopped up fierce chillies with the seeds in. Now these soups get hotter and hotter as you go deeper and i've got decent heat tolerance however the last few mouthfuls as you tip the bowl are almost unbearable even for me. My lips, everything, my whole head swells up. The last time i made it i went out after and i had to pull the car over a mile - 2 miles down the road because i needed an immediate crap. And thankfully there was a lay-by next to a field gate. I wouldn't ever want to get caught out like that again so i try and make sure i have all necessary utilities to hand and lots of forward planning if i'm to make real spicy food.

In the chilli i'm making today i will try and keep it as scotch bonnet only because of that particular's chilli taste i wouldn't want a powder to jeopardise the flavour of the bonnets in any way. Scotch bonnet to a chilli is like naga to a phal. Cheers for this Pete, you've given me some ideas in your post there and some food for thought.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #324 on: November 8, 2013, 01:32:01 pm »
Missus bought the last 5 bottles of this from Aldi last night - 20p a bottle!!!!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: November 8, 2013, 02:40:04 pm »

In the chilli i'm making today i will try and keep it as scotch bonnet only because of that particular's chilli taste i wouldn't want a powder to jeopardise the flavour of the bonnets in any way. Scotch bonnet to a chilli is like naga to a phal.

Yeah this is what I've been thinking about regarding my Chocolate Habs. I cant stop thinking how much of the Habanero taste was distorted by the chilli powder. Maybe it wont be as good without the chilli powder? who knows. I shall find out next week.

Offline Ronster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #326 on: November 8, 2013, 07:09:57 pm »
Yeah this is what I've been thinking about regarding my Chocolate Habs. I cant stop thinking how much of the Habanero taste was distorted by the chilli powder. Maybe it wont be as good without the chilli powder? who knows. I shall find out next week.

Pete. Yeah change of plan in the end with just the bonnets. Found the flavour was coming through in localised pockets and i needed a uniform background chilli flavour so i added hot chilli powder. The flavour of the homegrown bonnets came through nicely over the top though. It's all an experiment with chilli though isn't it and that was real time cooking - it was live. Sometimes mistakes or rather adjustments are made in the process. Cracking chilli though, tastes better now that the flavours have had time to develop. 

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #327 on: November 9, 2013, 12:43:45 am »
Started reading RAWK several years ago, thinking it would improve my footy knowledge. Read this thread about 18 months ago and it's turned me into a fucking gardener. From (according to my girlfriend) mowing the lawn twice a year if she was lucky, I've been spending hours every weekend and evenings in the summer in the garden. Rebuilding bits, the new greenhouse has just arrived which I'm building in the next few weeks ready for next season. Fucking footy forum indeed.
Anyway, the chillies are the most important part of the work. We've been eating Purple and normal Jalapenos stuffed with cheese about 4 times a week for the last 2 months, still a few more to come from plants that I could bring indoors (just need the heat to ripen)
The Filius Blue are an attractive plant, the fruit is small but reasonably hot and tasty. I put one in my soup every luchtime, makes all the difference.
Habenero Red Savina, what can you say? The aroma is really good!!!!!!!
Then I have Cayenne, some red and some yellow which I don't know the name of (the seeds came from some dried chillies which my daughter brought back from Mallorca).
The chillies which we couldn't use I put in a dehydrator, so we have many jars of dried chillies which will last us until next year.
I'm under orders to do more Jalapenos next year.
The problem this year was the weather in that here in the south of Germany it was fucking awful until the start of June, then it was hot(great) but the chillies need 2 months sun/warm to ripen which has been critical this year. Been a short summer. Saved by us not having any frosts yet.
My gardening (and life in general) is organised around kick off time. Not going to miss a game for a fucking plant.
Thankyou RAWK for changing my life.

Offline Ronster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #328 on: November 9, 2013, 01:53:58 am »
Started reading RAWK several years ago, thinking it would improve my footy knowledge. Read this thread about 18 months ago and it's turned me into a fucking gardener. From (according to my girlfriend) mowing the lawn twice a year if she was lucky, I've been spending hours every weekend and evenings in the summer in the garden. Rebuilding bits, the new greenhouse has just arrived which I'm building in the next few weeks ready for next season. Fucking footy forum indeed.
Anyway, the chillies are the most important part of the work. We've been eating Purple and normal Jalapenos stuffed with cheese about 4 times a week for the last 2 months, still a few more to come from plants that I could bring indoors (just need the heat to ripen)
The Filius Blue are an attractive plant, the fruit is small but reasonably hot and tasty. I put one in my soup every luchtime, makes all the difference.
Habenero Red Savina, what can you say? The aroma is really good!!!!!!!
Then I have Cayenne, some red and some yellow which I don't know the name of (the seeds came from some dried chillies which my daughter brought back from Mallorca).
The chillies which we couldn't use I put in a dehydrator, so we have many jars of dried chillies which will last us until next year.
I'm under orders to do more Jalapenos next year.
The problem this year was the weather in that here in the south of Germany it was fucking awful until the start of June, then it was hot(great) but the chillies need 2 months sun/warm to ripen which has been critical this year. Been a short summer. Saved by us not having any frosts yet.
My gardening (and life in general) is organised around kick off time. Not going to miss a game for a fucking plant.
Thankyou RAWK for changing my life.

Now my betting is you used mozzarella cheese in that, right or wrong? Might be worth a little more experimentation with the cheeses on that front. You've obviously got yourself well into growing chillies down there in Germany but you're finding problems with the weather. Might be worth you looking into moving up near Frankfurt, nice little summer microclimate round those parts which i'd wager is perfect for chilli growing. Probably be a longer drive into work for you but worth it to remove the stress of the weather.

Taking the next step, if i was you i would order in some chilli seeds from that South Devon chilli farm then grow them up and see if you can do any business selling them at those German markets on your days off? I bet they would fly out over there. You could even bang out some of those mozzarella Jalapeños. Big festivals in Germany and you might be on to something out there with this chilli idea of yours. Keep the best ones back for yourself and the missus mind and over calculate figures so you've got enough personal to see you through the year.

Willi the Chilli. Nice story that.

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #329 on: November 9, 2013, 09:44:49 am »
Thanks for the comments Ronster.
Mozzarella cheese is very good although we use any grated cheese in the fridge. Wanted to freeze some Jalapenos but we eat them too quickly.
The weather this year wasn't normal, we didn't seem to have a spring. Always advantages and disadvantages where you live, I can go skiing in winter an hour from here in winter.
Hobbies nearly always cost, few turn a hobby into a business.
I buy seeds from an online shop in Germany, although the South Devon site looks good.
Anyway, time to dig a hole in the garden before the game.l

Offline Ronster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #330 on: November 15, 2013, 12:07:54 am »
Just putting it back on first page, tidying up if you will.

Offline Ronster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2014, 02:34:06 pm »
This year i am using Simpson seeds (not far from me) and i am growing Scotch bonnets (Caribbean Antillas AND Bahamian Goat), Habs (HHHHH+), and these Piquant Algerian ones. I suppose i have approximately thirty odd plants on the go. Last year i just let them grow but this year i want bushier plants with more fruit. I have just potted my plants on for the first time and they each have between eight and ten leaves Now my mate Newman reckons you need to "pinch them out" at this stage but i have read conflicting reports that you can also turn the plants on their side and this encourages more branches to grow from the stems as they reach for the light. Do any of you guys use either of these (pinching out or placing pot on side) techniques to get a bushier plant with more fruit?

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #332 on: June 21, 2014, 04:46:23 pm »
Did fucking well against Spain actually to be fair.

Sanchez looks a really firey customer, Vidal providing a bit of bite and heat in midfield.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: June 21, 2014, 05:05:58 pm »
Worst presenter in the world
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #334 on: June 21, 2014, 05:06:17 pm »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #335 on: June 21, 2014, 11:47:58 pm »
I once put 3 naga chillies in my Spanish omelet like a right dickhead. Fuck me did I suffer the next day. Only lasted half an hour at work before I had to come home. Thing is, I don't drive and I had to catch the bus which happened to stop at every bus stop on the way home. That was torture.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2014, 12:30:06 am »
The throws of Dyslexia brought me in here expecting a nine-page epic rant about a certain ITV Football presenter.

:no
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2014, 12:01:05 pm »
Got all sorts from Bhut Jolokia , scotch bonnets , Fatali and many others. Who wants a curry at mine ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2014, 12:41:54 pm »
:lmao

The name of the attachment

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: July 7, 2014, 09:34:40 am »
Well one of them is the hottest chillie in the world. The damn things have tripled in size already. Ill just pick some and sit there munching on them. I like my toilet seat very much ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Willi

• Kopite
« Reply #340 on: July 11, 2014, 11:10:40 pm »
The chillies are doing pretty well this year. I've gone for growing various sorts, about 16.
Those in the greenhouse are doing really well, those outside not so well so I'll probabably do other things outside next year.
I have various Jalapeno types which are really good stuffed with cheese or whatever and don't frighten friends.
The earliest to flower were the Cayenne peppers, I expect these to be ripe in August.
The hotter types, Habanero, Scotch Bonnet etc are flowering slower but so long as they don't freeze in autumn I should get a good crop.
I have 2 Tabasco plants so I'm looking forward to making a Tabasco sauce.
From last year, we still have a jar of dried 'Mix' which is pretty hot and should last til fresh is there.
And the jar of dried Habanero Red is a goodie, I put a bit in a can of soup every day during the week for lunch.

Had to laugh at a recipe for a Chilli sauce: add 2 desert spoons of Chilli Powder. What? do you want to kill your guests?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2015, 10:36:48 pm »
Bump.

Should I have started doing this in May then? Damn. Moved into a new place and the window sill gets the sun all day which presumably is pretty good? My old place rarely got any sun at all until late afternoon. Perhaps set a reminder in my phone to come back here early next year.

Just cashing up at work now and headed home to make a chilli. Throwing in 4 scotch bonnets, 5 jalapenos. Used to have this sweet jalapeno sauce I used to add to it as well which gave it something extra but haven't got any atm. Pack it out with onions, peppers, mushrooms and beans. As many portions as possible I like to make.

In fact I can't wait to get home now ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: June 18, 2015, 02:44:10 pm »
Talking of spices I got a jar of 6,000,000 shu paste. Fuck me its vicious.

Offline Willi

• Kopite
« Reply #343 on: June 18, 2015, 07:13:32 pm »
Still got jars of dried Chillies from last year, no idea how long they stay good.
Unfortunately this is going to be a bad year for my chillies because I left my girlfriend 2 months ago and the fucking greenhouse is still at hers.
I was well organised, started the seeds in February indoors because if they are too late outdoors when it starts getting colder they don't ripen well.
I've got 7 plants on the balcony of the flat I'm staying in until I find somewhere else but I can't see them producing well.
Determined to make next year a good chilli year.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #344 on: June 18, 2015, 08:05:45 pm »
Talking of spices I got a jar of 6,000,000 shu paste. Fuck me its vicious.
Shu?

Shitting Hurts Unbelievably?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2015, 09:11:38 pm »
Still got jars of dried Chillies from last year, no idea how long they stay good.
Not sure about dried chillies mate but finger chillies last months, literally. I got a bag late February with a sell by date of something like 28 Feb and I used the last of them about 3 weeks ago.

I love chillies.

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 19, 2015, 07:50:37 pm »
when I was in thailand I dined with a Thai friend. Fuck me her currie was that hot she had sweat bubbles coming out of the pores in her nose and cheeks. My currie was hot to and I aksed how mnay chillies was in mine. I think she said 3 as Iam foreigner. I asked how many was in hers and she laughs and says about ten.
The strange thing is that many Thais don't like really spicy food. My wife and daughters never eat chillies in meals as they see them more as seasoning. On the other hand I always wolf them down, to their amusement. So after a meal I have a clean plate while theirs always have a pile of chillies on them.

The other thing is that if you watch the egotistical, annoying cooks on British TV they invariably advise you to scrape the seeds out before using them in preparing a meal. I've explained this to my wife and Thai friends and their reaction is always "why don't they just use fewer chillies if they think it's too hot? ". De-seeding chillies is completely unknown in Thailand

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2015, 07:53:13 pm »
I love hot and spicy food. I've had a Naga chili a couple of times. Fuck me they were good.  ;D

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: June 19, 2015, 08:38:46 pm »
Shu?

Shitting Hurts Unbelievably?

Close mate. Tabasco has a scoville heat rating of up to 5000. A birds eye pepper goes to 225,000. Im a c*nt but id never let some twatty gobshite think they can take more than any of this stuff larger than a pinhead and not be reaching for the bog... Its great stuff if used well.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2015, 05:36:57 am »
Five scotch bonnets wasn't enough. Next time 10.

Offline Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist. Has not signed for Manchester United. Misses Santa's knee!!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this is golden...
« Reply #350 on: June 28, 2015, 09:31:17 am »
Blimey! I remember when I had about 10 Chilli Plants and 5 Tomatoes on the go in my Conservatory a few years ago - my Mum was not impressed that there was no space left for her house plants.

I've moved on to potatoes now - planted a few sprouting Maris Pipers from Tescos a few years ago in a corner of the garden and got enough back for one meal but obviously I didn't dig them all up because each year I get 2 or 3 new plants springing up. This year I've transferred them on to potato bags filled with compost and they've taken so well I've got Potato Berries (Yes, I know they are highly poisonous!)
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gérard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jürgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2015, 09:45:46 am »
The strange thing is that many Thais don't like really spicy food. My wife and daughters never eat chillies in meals as they see them more as seasoning. On the other hand I always wolf them down, to their amusement. So after a meal I have a clean plate while theirs always have a pile of chillies on them.

The other thing is that if you watch the egotistical, annoying cooks on British TV they invariably advise you to scrape the seeds out before using them in preparing a meal. I've explained this to my wife and Thai friends and their reaction is always "why don't they just use fewer chillies if they think it's too hot? ". De-seeding chillies is completely unknown in Thailand

YES! I do not get deseeding a chilli. It's such a bloody waste when you can just use less chilli. The only thing I can think is deseeding it to use as garnish but in the actual cooking, no way.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: June 28, 2015, 11:27:15 am »
I currently have habanero, scotch bonnet, and ghost chillies growing in my conservatory.

Plus lots of other peppers/mild chilli plants.

Only problem I've had so far is a poor germination rate on the real hot ones. Probably about 20%.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: October 11, 2015, 09:09:25 am »
Fuck me some of these are hot. Ive a 7million rated paste and its pure pain. These bad boys are bastard hot but have some nice flavours.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: October 12, 2015, 03:55:17 pm »
Whats the hottest paste I can get and where can I get it from?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #355 on: October 12, 2015, 05:10:05 pm »

Sir HF and his orifice

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #356 on: October 13, 2015, 12:52:46 am »

Lots of people claim it. Try this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Naga-Chilli-Sauce-Worlds-Hottest/dp/B004RO8V8S

Or the related links. Get the product name and source elsewhere if you have an Amazon aversion.

If you want to spend more on self mutilation try:
http://www.chilliworld.com/search/chilliworld_hottest/

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #357 on: October 13, 2015, 02:26:21 am »
When is the best time to grow them? I live on the side of a house where the sun comes up on my side and goes down on the other side, but there is a windowsill I could use on both. I read a bit about them and it said earlier in the year is better? E.g it's probably too late in the year now to do it?

My mum bought me some and on the label it said "for decoration purposes only not edible". But there would be something rewarding about growing my own and using them in curries and chillies. I realise I could have read the whole thread but it's pretty long, just after some basic advice :wave
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:28:23 am by Hij »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #358 on: October 13, 2015, 08:21:57 am »
Indoors it does not matter when you grow them.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #359 on: October 13, 2015, 08:33:34 am »
I love chillies. And a bit of spice in my food.

Rather unluckily, I have acid reflux disease.