Author Topic: What's your bold predictions for the next season?  (Read 150740 times)

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What's your bold predictions for the next season?
« Reply #1400 on: August 6, 2023, 06:02:09 pm »
Top 4 and Europa would be a good season

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1401 on: August 6, 2023, 06:39:51 pm »
Arsenal.

That’s the only ‘maybe’ in my mind.

Think people are under estimating how hard it will be for an inexperienced team to play CL and Mount a 85+ point season. Unless Saka, Martinelli and Jesus can all play 40-50 games at a high level then it’ll be difficult for them to progress far in both comps. Still Q marks on depth of quality at full back also.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1402 on: August 6, 2023, 06:43:23 pm »
That’s the only ‘maybe’ in my mind.

Think people are under estimating how hard it will be for an inexperienced team to play CL and Mount a 85+ point season. Unless Saka, Martinelli and Jesus can all play 40-50 games at a high level then it’ll be difficult for them to progress far in both comps. Still Q marks on depth of quality at full back also.
They did challenge last year and they've strengthened further. So, why not?

We'd be keeping our powder dry in the same position. At the end of the day, serious investment is needed to challenge. The Coutinho money was a blessing that made us kick on but once on stop, more should be done to stay there. It was top 4 at best last season for us (our title challenge was over in a couple of games) and it's top 4 at best this season. Will it be top 4 at best next season as well?

As far as Cup competitions go, no one can predict what will happen in a knockout competition that partially depends on luck. That's why the league is the best measure IMO.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2023, 06:49:26 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1403 on: August 6, 2023, 06:44:51 pm »
Top 4 and Europa would be a good season

I suspect 19 out of 20 PL clubs would view that as somewhere between and unbelievable season to a successful one (I understand not all teams are n EL just hypothetically).

City are overwhelming favourites for PL and CL this season. Maybe if Real get Mbappe that change somewhat but as it stands now it would look foolish to predict a different winner for the PL, maybe even CL.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: August 6, 2023, 06:50:24 pm »
City will walk the league again. Think we will finish third and win a trophy.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: August 6, 2023, 07:10:58 pm »
I suspect 19 out of 20 PL clubs would view that as somewhere between and unbelievable season to a successful one (I understand not all teams are n EL just hypothetically).
Finishing top four and winning a Europa League would be utopia!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1406 on: August 6, 2023, 07:12:46 pm »
Top 4 challenge and a long run in the europa league with potential to win it.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1407 on: August 6, 2023, 07:29:13 pm »
We're not getting top 4 this season without significant signings.

We're getting 6th in my view.

Attacking wise we are fine. CB and LB are fine.

Midfield we are totally fucked. Two new signings (of unknown quantity, could be amazing or could be flavour of the season and "Usual RB Leipzig trash") Jones, injured Baj and should-be-attacker Elliot.

"We'll move trent into midfield" I hear you say

We don't have a back up RB.

An injury to Trent, Mac or Szbozo and we are absolutely fucked and finish 8th at best.

I'm feeling pessimistic as fuck this season.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1408 on: August 6, 2023, 07:29:50 pm »
Yeah, sounds about right to me. I'd take that now.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1409 on: August 6, 2023, 07:30:33 pm »

City are overwhelming favourites for PL and CL this season. Maybe if Real get Mbappe that change somewhat but as it stands now it would look foolish to predict a different winner for the PL, maybe even CL.
Honestly would take 4th now, given our current business and teams like Arsenal, Utd and Newcastle on an upward curve(and have strengthened significantly)

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: August 6, 2023, 08:12:39 pm »
I can understand some concern about certain gaps in the squad and the need for a bit more business between now and end of transfer window.

However talk of 6th and 8th league positions is absolute nonsense at this point. Completely under estimates the quality we have in our squad and the quality of manager we have.

Do people genuinely believe we have a combination of the 6th to 8th worst squad and manager in the league?

We have unknowns and we have gaps. We also have huge strengths. Not sure many teams, if any, have the strength in-depth we have in attack. We have best GK in league and best pair of attacking full backs. We have a CB group that’s easily in he Top 4 in the league. We have some Q marks in midfield. Those Q marks don’t necessarily mean weaknesses in all cases. Most of it is unknowns. How will Bajcetic, Elliot and Jones develop? How will Dom and Alexis settle? Who will we buy to play 6?

Unknowns? Risks? Or opportunities? Depends on how you view it.

I’d take a Top 4 finish this season but with signs of further progress. I think this is a potential transition season. Some of it planned. Some of it not. Transition doesn’t mean unambitious or unsuccessful. In the short term or long term.

For me it’s potentially a really exciting season for Liverpool. Because of the unknowns. For others that seems to be causing fear and pessimism.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2023, 08:14:13 pm by Jookie »

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: August 6, 2023, 08:32:13 pm »
My bold prediction is that we’ll see much of the same defensive issues as last year and there’ll be mass discontent with regards FSG, which will begin with glaring deficiencies once the season begins, which will then be amplified following a disappointing end to the transfer window.

We’ll realise within ten games that it’s another season competing for top four, and Klopp will have us there or thereabouts despite the squad being threadbare.

We will struggle in big games as we don’t have the personnel required to provide control and defensive consistency at that level; against smaller teams we’ll either blow them away or they will be closely matched affairs where we struggle to break down low blocks due to a lack of sustained pressure.

*unless we do something unexpected before the window is out.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: August 6, 2023, 08:33:49 pm »
Anyone remember the eve of the 2013/14 season when we'd not made any significant signings despite a pitiful 7th place finish the previous season. Not many people, even us Liverpool fans, would have given us a sniff of a chance of challenging for the title & yet we came so close. I personally feel we'll be there or thereabouts come Spring 2024. My glass is more than half full. Cheers.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #1413 on: August 6, 2023, 09:49:47 pm »
Liverpool to win the League and europa final. Gakpo to be Liverpool player of the season. Liverpool to sign lavia.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1414 on: August 6, 2023, 10:10:01 pm »
We're not getting top 4 this season without significant signings.

We're getting 6th in my view.

Attacking wise we are fine. CB and LB are fine.

Midfield we are totally fucked. Two new signings (of unknown quantity, could be amazing or could be flavour of the season and "Usual RB Leipzig trash") Jones, injured Baj and should-be-attacker Elliot.

"We'll move trent into midfield" I hear you say

We don't have a back up RB.

An injury to Trent, Mac or Szbozo and we are absolutely fucked and finish 8th at best.

I'm feeling pessimistic as fuck this season.

So are the new signings shit or not because you say our season is fucked if they get injured.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2023, 10:12:13 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #1415 on: August 7, 2023, 03:31:17 am »

Not entirely convinced. Their already thin squad has gotten even thinner, and they will suffer some hangover from last season’s exertions. Their spine is also getting very old and the drop off is likely to be sudden and drastic.

Still favourites mind but walking it might be too far. They are one season off a major rebuild imo.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1416 on: August 7, 2023, 08:42:22 am »
The reds to score 100 and concede 100

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: August 7, 2023, 09:06:50 am »
A fight for the top 4 and hopefully a Europa League win.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: August 7, 2023, 09:15:15 am »
I've never looked forward to a season as little as this coming one to be honest. Will be hoping Klopp can continue to work his magic but in general the game is in an awful state with a lack of morals that would make Trump blush. Hard to get excited about it.

Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1419 on: August 7, 2023, 09:21:06 am »
Based on current squad, we will do well to get top 4. 2 new signings, as good as they are, won’t be enough.
JFT97

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: August 7, 2023, 10:05:05 am »
With the current thin squad, a top 4 place will be a challenge (if we also try to prioritize winning the EL) ...

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: August 7, 2023, 10:09:26 am »
Normally I am more gunho and think we can win the Prem and European trophy - not this season

Liverpool blindness

I think the size of our squad will limit us this season

4/5 in Premier league and good run in Europa League QF/SF

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1422 on: August 7, 2023, 10:38:46 am »
With the current thin squad, a top 4 place will be a challenge (if we also try to prioritize winning the EL) ...
That's what the money men are happy with. It's their trophy.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1423 on: August 7, 2023, 10:48:49 am »
I can understand some concern about certain gaps in the squad and the need for a bit more business between now and end of transfer window.

However talk of 6th and 8th league positions is absolute nonsense at this point. Completely under estimates the quality we have in our squad and the quality of manager we have.

Do people genuinely believe we have a combination of the 6th to 8th worst squad and manager in the league?

We have unknowns and we have gaps. We also have huge strengths. Not sure many teams, if any, have the strength in-depth we have in attack. We have best GK in league and best pair of attacking full backs. We have a CB group that’s easily in he Top 4 in the league. We have some Q marks in midfield.

I hear you but sometimes it about the right players for the right positions or a system where everyone knows what they are doing. We were best when we played like a complete unit. I don't see that anymore - people are constantly out of position especially the back line and no matter what anyone says that front line now is nowhere near as balanced as the days of Mane,Firmino and Salah - no matter who plays where.

Midfield: Dom and MA are new to the team so no idea how they'll do.
Defensively or offensively we haven't signed anyone.

When you look at other squads I'd say we could make a strong case that Arsenal and City finish about us. Utd and Newcastle both had better defensive records than us last season and nothing has changed in that regard for those two- . Both also have unknowns but as things stand both have made additions.
Villa seem to have made what look to be a couple of good signings and have an experienced manager at the helm.
Chelsea have signed a new first 11 and will probably sign another few before the window closes. Again they could be dangerous.
I'd like to think we'd finish about Brighton and Spurs but just based on the above alone that could easily be us in 7th.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: August 7, 2023, 11:15:44 am »
Sorry mate but that is a load of shite. Below Villa and Chelsea? A squad that has Alisson, Trent, Konate, Vqn Dijk, Robertson, Thiago, Jota, Diaz and Salah. A manager like Klopp as well and we do worse than last season.

Also you dismiss our signings and you say other teams have signed players which is a plus. You also say you cant judge our signings and next sentence you say we havent signed anyone in defence. Either signings are a negative or a positive and if you are saying its a positive, then why do you dismiss Mac Allister and Szboszlai.

I get people being a bit worried but Klopp gets sacked with that performance. Those players should not be finishing 6-8th.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2023, 11:18:17 am by killer-heels »

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #1425 on: August 7, 2023, 11:28:06 am »
I think how well we do in the Europa will be determined by how the league is going. If we're pushing for the title then I can see us rotating more in Europe and maybe dropping out around the quarter finals similar to Arsenal last season.

If the league isn't going so well then we might prioritise the Europa more, automatic qualification to the champions league from winning it is not to be sniffed at.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1426 on: August 7, 2023, 11:31:19 am »
I'd say signings in general are an unknown - we're hoping ours are positives and theirs are negatives. Even if you negate them - Utd and Newcastle haven't really lost anyone integral to their team neither did they have a massive glaring gap in their squads. We did and we don't know if its gotten worse or better. If its worse why would you be confident of finishing higher than 5th with much of the same squad with even bigger midfield issues from last season?

Overall my league prediction is a fight for top 4 but i'm not dismissing anywhere between 3-8th for us. Top 2, as it stands is out of the question.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: August 7, 2023, 12:54:37 pm »
I'd say signings in general are an unknown - we're hoping ours are positives and theirs are negatives. Even if you negate them - Utd and Newcastle haven't really lost anyone integral to their team neither did they have a massive glaring gap in their squads. We did and we don't know if its gotten worse or better. If its worse why would you be confident of finishing higher than 5th with much of the same squad with even bigger midfield issues from last season?

Overall my league prediction is a fight for top 4 but i'm not dismissing anywhere between 3-8th for us. Top 2, as it stands is out of the question.

We didnt lose anyone integral to our squad. Henderson and Fabinho were beyond shite last season.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: August 7, 2023, 01:18:53 pm »
Nunez will score at least 3 hatricks this season.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1429 on: August 7, 2023, 02:15:13 pm »
We tasked the Opta supercomputer with simulating the 2023-24 Premier League season 10,000 times to see how it believed the campaign may pan out.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/08/premier-league-2023-24-season-predictions-opta/

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1430 on: August 7, 2023, 02:24:43 pm »
Some of the absolute cringeworthy shite in this thread! My bold prediction is that the shameless fuckwittery will get even worse. Hazmat suits should be issued for half time threads. And in fact for every thread as the stuff spreads everywhere like the bastard offspring of dandelions and hogweed
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline JIM FIXX

• Gizza light? Jog on!
  • Main Stander
  • We should all listen to Yul Brynner, I wish I had.
« Reply #1431 on: August 7, 2023, 02:51:40 pm »
Tyler Morton will win PFA young player of the year.
"WHILE ROME BURNED, KNOBHEADS MOANED ABOUT AQUILANI" - L6 Red

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1432 on: August 7, 2023, 02:53:13 pm »
Tyler Morton will win PFA young player of the year.

Playing for another team?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline JIM FIXX

• Gizza light? Jog on!
  • Main Stander
  • We should all listen to Yul Brynner, I wish I had.
« Reply #1433 on: August 7, 2023, 03:01:57 pm »
Playing for another team?

Now that would be a bold prediction.
"WHILE ROME BURNED, KNOBHEADS MOANED ABOUT AQUILANI" - L6 Red

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1434 on: August 7, 2023, 03:25:53 pm »
Unfortunately my view on what I think we will be achieving has not changed much since i posted earlier in this thread in June..

i.e. Transfers have not overwhelmed....or even whelmed!
I believe we will make one more, possibly two but while we may still have issues in midfield and defence I am more confident now about our attack being very potent. Being bold id say we will be top scorers this season.
If we are able to consistently score loads of goals we should be able to blow opposition away often enough so that top 4 shouldn't be too much of a problem and anything can happen in the cups I guess...
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #1435 on: August 7, 2023, 03:43:13 pm »
My views haven’t changed since before we made two signings. I felt we needed to spend a lot of money. We will struggle defensively. Can’t understand why we haven’t signed a centre half or full back. Even if we sign Lavia which you’d of thought we should of brought him in earlier but want to save ten million I’m not sure he will be the answer due to his age and inexperience. I think we will be up there fighting for that 4th place but any run at the league seems like wishful thinking. Maybe we might have a chance at the UEFA Cup if we take it seriously. We’re at this point because of complete lack of investment in the team. Look at arsenal. 4 windows of heavy investment.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #1436 on: August 7, 2023, 04:31:37 pm »
That would be a disaster and could result in a change of manager. Klopp’s not hanging around if we come below fourth.

Not sure a disaster.  Most likely we'll play much better than last year.  Since everyone in front of us invested "better", they will still keep more or less the same gap in ranking versus our conservative investment in the team.

Things may change a bit by the time the transfer window is closed - a bit because the prospective play would have missed the preparation with the team
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1437 on: August 7, 2023, 04:46:58 pm »
As it stands with transfers

Don't see us challenging for the title - should get into the top 4, along with I'm guessing mancs and Arsenal

Europa League should get to the semis at least, maybe all the way with a bit of luck

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1438 on: August 7, 2023, 04:51:13 pm »
Not entirely convinced. Their already thin squad has gotten even thinner, and they will suffer some hangover from last season’s exertions. Their spine is also getting very old and the drop off is likely to be sudden and drastic.

Still favourites mind but walking it might be too far. They are one season off a major rebuild imo.
You forgot to mention them being cast in to a hell of burning fiery brimstone by the Premier League and the 115 allegations, or is that too soon?.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Pete1977LFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #1439 on: August 7, 2023, 05:11:24 pm »
For the first time in years, I have zero expectations. Literally zero.

I can only be pleasantly surprised now 😁