Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3486823 times)

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #41120 on: December 25, 2015, 10:18:51 pm »
also watched Rare Exports the other day, looked superb, pacing was droll though with nothing much happening for several scenes bar expositional dialogue.

Yeah I watched that a couple of years ago...was ok but not great.
A couple of funny scenes but mostly just dull.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41121 on: December 25, 2015, 10:30:07 pm »

Yeah I watched that a couple of years ago...was ok but not great.
A couple of funny scenes but mostly just dull.

yeah, was mostly bored after the first 20 min, bar the final scene which was brilliant. if only that kind of humor had been prevalent through out the movie it would've been a masterpiece.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41122 on: December 26, 2015, 04:47:38 am »
just  finished He Never Died. pretty damn good, dropped the ball a few times but kept going. Rollins is tailor suited for the role and just owns it.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41123 on: December 26, 2015, 08:35:04 am »
That would have been so much better than that Sam Smith shit.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i6WO8Dcxr4s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i6WO8Dcxr4s</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41124 on: December 26, 2015, 09:08:32 am »
Spectre...worra loada shite.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #41125 on: December 26, 2015, 10:58:33 am »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #41126 on: December 26, 2015, 11:05:45 am »
Ha ha absolute load of shite wasn't it.

I almost think they did it on purpose to get out of having to do any more.....

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41127 on: December 26, 2015, 11:23:51 am »
Not seen it yet.
You have. It's the same every time...the only thing that changes are the women,names and locations-other than that....he saves the world....

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41128 on: December 26, 2015, 11:24:56 am »
Ha ha absolute load of shite wasn't it.

I almost think they did it on purpose to get out of having to do any more.....
Easily the worst film I've seen this year...nothing comes close...film making by rote.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #41129 on: December 26, 2015, 11:37:38 am »
That would have been so much better than that Sam Smith shit.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i6WO8Dcxr4s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i6WO8Dcxr4s</a>

Are you joking? Was he singing in the style of Miss Piggy on helium on purpose?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41130 on: December 26, 2015, 11:42:29 am »
spectre was dull
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41131 on: December 26, 2015, 11:46:44 am »
Spectre was way too long...enjoyed the first set piece and after that it was just poor for me. Waltz was wasted.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
« Reply #41132 on: December 26, 2015, 11:52:24 am »
Just watched Bronson the other day. Tom Hardy was simply magnificent, but the film was kind of boring for me, nothing really happened. Perhaps I started with too much expectations tough after my friend told me it was very much like Clockwork Orange. The music gave a very similiar feeling to the movie I have to admit and that scene when Bronson was released and went home to his mother was also familiar. So I can see the reason for the comparison but they're just not in the same league for me.

However it did got me into watching Hardy's other projetcs, I just rented The Take, Locke and Legend (though it has shit quality so I might wait with that one).

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41133 on: December 26, 2015, 12:18:35 pm »
Are you joking? Was he singing in the style of Miss Piggy on helium on purpose?

Not joking in the slightest.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #41134 on: December 26, 2015, 01:16:08 pm »
just  finished He Never Died. pretty damn good, dropped the ball a few times but kept going. Rollins is tailor suited for the role and just owns it.
Just acquired that & its on my to watch list tomorrow! The wifey wont want to watch it though reading the blurb!!  ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41135 on: December 26, 2015, 01:23:28 pm »
Just acquired that & its on my to watch list tomorrow! The wifey wont want to watch it though reading the blurb!!  ;D
I waited all year to see this...built it up in my mind....and loved it....make of that what you will, Jay. ;D

Rollins in a noir Terminator/Schwarzenegger role is good.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41136 on: December 26, 2015, 02:31:57 pm »
I waited all year to see this...built it up in my mind....and loved it....make of that what you will, Jay. ;D

Will add that I thought it was boss too. Excellent and unexpected!

Any idea if "The VVitch" will be available any time soon?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41137 on: December 26, 2015, 02:51:18 pm »
Will add that I thought it was boss too. Excellent and unexpected!

Any idea if "The VVitch" will be available any time soon?
Cinematic release is set for February 26. It's possible it might be "available" as DirecTV picked it up after Sundance this year....DirecTV have a pre cinema release package with this and other films. If it pops up it will be from the 16th of Jan.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41138 on: December 26, 2015, 02:55:31 pm »
Cinematic release is set for February 26. It's possible it might be "available" as DirecTV picked it up after Sundance this year....DirecTV have a pre cinema release package with this and other films. If it pops up it will be from the 16th of Jan.
I know it's early, in fact not even the new year....but think it could be the horror film of the year that one.

Looks truly terrifying! :o

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41139 on: December 26, 2015, 03:30:16 pm »
Spectre really was bang average/ poor.
Saw at the cinema and it just left me cold.
Nothing of note and apart from the odd good scene or bit of action it was just so dull.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41140 on: December 26, 2015, 03:33:18 pm »
'Martian' was okish, good for a single viewing.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41141 on: December 26, 2015, 03:50:21 pm »
'Martian' was okish, good for a single viewing.

I really enjoyed it at the cinema, not sure it'd hold up on the small screen really.
Not a fantastic or great movie but I definitelye enjoyed it.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41142 on: December 26, 2015, 03:52:01 pm »
Anyone seen Irrational Man yet? Woody Allen.

Doesn't get great reviews but then a few of his recent films have had mixed to poor reviews and I've enjoyed them.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41143 on: December 26, 2015, 03:58:35 pm »
I know it's early, in fact not even the new year....but think it could be the horror film of the year that one.

Looks truly terrifying! :o
It looks very interesting.

The other two I need to see are 31 and The Green Room. Rob Zombie and clowns....I'm in.

Green Room got mostly great reviews at Cannes...I read in Variety iirc, and still hasn't been released. It's the latest film from the director of Blue Ruin, Jeremy Saulnier-it's now down for April 1st release date-so fuck knows when that'll be around.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #41144 on: December 26, 2015, 09:24:58 pm »

Irritatingly shit.

I'd have been more irritated if I had not followed it up with the Revenant.

A thing of beauty.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #41145 on: December 26, 2015, 10:00:01 pm »
Anyone seen Irrational Man yet? Woody Allen.

Doesn't get great reviews but then a few of his recent films have had mixed to poor reviews and I've enjoyed them.

Play it again Sam!

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41146 on: December 26, 2015, 10:32:54 pm »
Play it again Sam!

Excellent movie, my fav of his early stuff...probably.
Always hard to choose.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #41147 on: December 26, 2015, 11:20:57 pm »
steve jobs was good, felt it could have been alot better though? Dunno its just something i felt once it ended. Im a bit of a techy so i enjoyed the dialogue between all the characters.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41148 on: December 27, 2015, 08:35:28 am »
Trumbo 2015 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41149 on: December 27, 2015, 08:42:12 am »
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 09:56:07 am by Tinsely Camarismassy »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41150 on: December 27, 2015, 09:12:28 am »
Suffragette 2015 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41151 on: December 27, 2015, 09:43:46 am »

Excellent movie, my fav of his early stuff...probably.
Always hard to choose.

Yes a great film, always plenty of laughter when I watch this film.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41152 on: December 27, 2015, 09:44:18 am »
Suffragette 2015 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8

No link again! ;D

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41153 on: December 27, 2015, 10:11:49 am »
Gonna go for spotlight, the room and joy today i think considering theres no football on. Then that takes me through to the nfl at 6. Now thats what i call a chill out sunday
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #41154 on: December 27, 2015, 10:29:59 am »
Watched Creed on Xmas night and really enjoyed it. Takes the Rocky tropes and creates new characters and stories from it, while paying homage to the original.

Ryan Coogler and Michael B Jordan are such huge talents.

There's a bit in it that made me laugh out loud and think of Mad Max here
Spoiler
Title fight at Woodison. HBO commentator says 'There's 100,000 spectators in here tonight...
[emoji2]
[close]
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41155 on: December 27, 2015, 11:11:11 am »
Really enjoyed The Hateful Eight...not the film I was expecting - which was I guess, Django Pt II - but after getting over feeling slightly let down by the theatrical feel and one room set, I started getting into it and ended up loving it. Builds gradually but the film really comes into its own in the second act as the racial tensions start to boil over and the whodunnit/menace begins .....terrific performances as you'd expect from a Tarantino cast. Walton Goggins is great as the Sheriff-elect...and Sam Jackson is - as he always is - superb with a QT script. Ennio Morricone's score is a delight - particularly over the extended opening credit sequence - and the whole thing looks a treat in panavision. Can see how the staginess and 3 hr run time could/will divide audience reaction but personally think it's the director's most accomplished film in years. 9/10
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41156 on: December 27, 2015, 12:55:00 pm »
Going to have a double bill tonight Suffragette and Trumbone.

Looking forward to it.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41157 on: December 27, 2015, 02:26:42 pm »
Trying to watch the third Hobbit film just so to finish off the trilogy, how can anyone consider these movies anything but tedious?

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41158 on: December 27, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »

Just seen this, really liked it. If you like films a bit left field Id recommend it

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #41159 on: December 27, 2015, 02:36:48 pm »

Ha ha, Bloody hell Dave I'm not sure I want to watch it now you've endorsed it!!  ;D  I hope its nothing like your favorite film??  :o

As for the Bond film (Spectre), I've never been overly impressed with Bond films anyway for some reason but like others have attested, this feels like you've seen it before!  :-\

So its either 'He never died' or 'The hateful eight' then tonight??