Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3473821 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #41880 on: February 22, 2016, 10:35:47 pm »
I did a little dance ;D ;D ;D ;D
I was pming you, pissing myself with excitement and just about to click on the dl...then I thought...a fuckin Blu-ray..let's have as look...the stupid fuckin upper. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41881 on: February 24, 2016, 12:48:26 am »
2012 is so fucking shit it is unreal.

I tell you, Roland Emmerich loves nothing more than killing humans.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #41882 on: February 24, 2016, 08:49:03 am »
You are a very brave man.

:D Wasn't as bad as I was expecting, looking forward to watching Dawn of Justice on the big screen next month.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41883 on: February 24, 2016, 10:00:40 am »
I did a little dance ;D ;D ;D ;D
This...
made by the cat who did the excellent, Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer.
Goddess Of Love 2015 DVDRip x264-GHOULS   
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:02:14 am by dave 5516 »

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #41884 on: February 24, 2016, 10:25:08 am »
This...
made by the cat who did the excellent, Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer.
Goddess Of Love 2015 DVDRip x264-GHOULS   
The Shrine was super low budget but once we got to the actual meat of the film that was pretty good too!

Will check it out, cheers Double B! :wave

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41885 on: February 24, 2016, 01:11:45 pm »
Had a look at a Spanish movie called 'Tesis' / 'Thesis'

A great low budget thriller. Would recommended

Directed by the same guy that did the original Vanilla Sky (Abre los Ojos)
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41886 on: February 24, 2016, 03:34:10 pm »
Heist 2015 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO New!

Unfortunately watched this the other night. The trailer made it look decent. One of the worst films I've seen in a long time, and probably the worst I've seen involving De Niro. I don't normally sit and watch films looking for mistakes, but there are tons of them in this. Shit story, shit acting, just a general all round shit film. I called the ending after about 20 minutes and was pretty much spot on.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41887 on: February 24, 2016, 03:51:54 pm »
The Demolisher
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3402594/
Bruce (Ry Barrett) is an ordinary repairman tormented by a crippling sense of responsibility for his disabled wife Samantha, an ex-policewoman (Tianna Nori), the survivor of a gang-related assault. Bruce's increasing hyper-sensitivity to the injustice suffered by his wife steer him down a dark path of vigilantism, and with his rapidly disintegrating mental health, paranoia and overwhelming sense of doom, Bruce channels his inner rage towards a young woman, Marie (Jessica Vano) and finds refuge in a world of extreme violence. Both a character study and a psychological examination of trauma, The Demolisher is an unapologetic portrayal of what can happen when a fragile mind is pushed too far.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's a fine line between art and rubbish, this was absolutely nowhere fucking near it, 85 minutes of unmitigated bilge. No idea where all the positive quotes come from on it's cover art, cast & crew maybe? friends & family?

"Gorgeous as it is remarkable" - The director's gimp.

Horseshit of the highest order!

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
« Reply #41888 on: February 24, 2016, 05:01:07 pm »

Directed by the same guy that did the original Vanilla Sky (Abre los Ojos)
Very good film. Would recommend it to anyone who haven't seen it yet.

Going to watch The Big Short tonight, hope it's half as good as I expect it to be.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41889 on: February 24, 2016, 10:07:24 pm »
Orthodox 2015 720p WEB-DL H264 DD5 1-iFT

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #41890 on: February 24, 2016, 11:10:43 pm »
Just watched Gone Girl for the first time, been meaning to watch it for so long! It really is worthy of all the positive reviews that it received, had me hooked & guessing all the way through 8/10

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41891 on: February 25, 2016, 07:39:13 am »
Orthodox 2015 720p WEB-DL H264 DD5 1-iFT
Krampus 2015 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41892 on: February 25, 2016, 09:54:45 am »
Good times, any idea how long till the BR?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41893 on: February 25, 2016, 10:20:48 am »
Triple 9 was a huge let down. Went to the pics last night and we knew it was going to be a turkey after about 10 mins or so. My biggest complaint is the script. It's fuck awful. When you're re-treading well worn ground you need a decent script otherwise you're in trouble!

There are two decent set pieces in the film, the rest they should have left on the cutting room floor.

4/10 and I'm being generous!

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41894 on: February 25, 2016, 10:28:29 am »
Watched Room the other night and really, really enjoyed it. Just didn't want it to end.

Going to watch Grimbsy on Saturday but really don't have high hopes - wouldn't be going at all if it wasn't for my unlimited cinema card.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41895 on: February 25, 2016, 10:40:37 am »
Watched Room the other night and really, really enjoyed it. Just didn't want it to end.
Excellent wasn't it, very much a film of two halves and a key transition, still not sure enjoyed is necessarily the right word.
Going to watch Grimbsy on Saturday but really don't have high hopes - wouldn't be going at all if it wasn't for my unlimited cinema card.
For the love of dear lord baby Jesus, why? I've got an unlimited card too but I wouldn't dream of going to see that. It's looks genuinely fuck awful! Talk about your base denominator! :o

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41896 on: February 25, 2016, 11:33:34 am »

Grimsby?

I wouldn't go see that if they were offering unlimited blow jobs. ;D

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #41897 on: February 25, 2016, 12:01:10 pm »
Grimsby?

I wouldn't go see that if they were offering unlimited blow jobs. ;D

Did you see them reviewing it on Film 2016 last night?
Pretty funny - Claudia thought it was hilarious and Danny Leigh and the other Guardian fella said it was woeful.
For an action comedy there was very little action and the comedy was awful and ridiculous and how Sascha Baron Cohen's films have got progressively worse.

The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #41898 on: February 25, 2016, 12:17:02 pm »

There is also that Krampus 2015 1080p WEB-DL DD5 1 H264-RARBG that has around 4500kbps bitrate
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41899 on: February 25, 2016, 12:22:14 pm »
There is also that Krampus 2015 1080p WEB-DL DD5 1 H264-RARBG that has around 4500kbps bitrate
That'll do for me cocker! ;D 8) :wave

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41900 on: February 25, 2016, 03:26:44 pm »
As long as it takes your lazy arse to do  a search. :P ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41901 on: February 25, 2016, 03:27:25 pm »

Did you see them reviewing it on Film 2016 last night?
Pretty funny - Claudia thought it was hilarious and Danny Leigh and the other Guardian fella said it was woeful.
For an action comedy there was very little action and the comedy was awful and ridiculous and how Sascha Baron Cohen's films have got progressively worse.
No,J. I just don't dig his films.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41902 on: February 25, 2016, 03:33:42 pm »
As long as it takes your lazy arse to do  a search. :P ;D
Odd the way mobile & work's internet access blocks me from checking IPT ::) :o ;D 8) :wave

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41903 on: February 25, 2016, 03:36:42 pm »
Odd the way mobile & work's internet access blocks me from checking IPT ::) :o ;D 8) :wave
;D

Told you about that work blocking lark....hack it. ;D

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41904 on: February 25, 2016, 04:06:29 pm »
No,J. I just don't dig his films.

Same mate, Borat I found funny but everything else has been pretty much awful.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41905 on: February 25, 2016, 04:20:42 pm »
Star Wars 1977 Silver Screen BluRay 1080p x265 HEVC 35mm

will watch it over the weekend
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41906 on: February 25, 2016, 09:58:46 pm »
Kung Fu Panda 3 2016 HC HDRip XviD AC3-EVO
Kung Fu Panda 3 2016 720p HC HDRip X264 AC3-EVO
Kung Fu Panda 3 2016 1080p HC HDRip X264 AC3-EVO

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41907 on: February 26, 2016, 07:57:14 am »
Triple 9 was a huge let down. Went to the pics last night and we knew it was going to be a turkey after about 10 mins or so. My biggest complaint is the script. It's fuck awful. When you're re-treading well worn ground you need a decent script otherwise you're in trouble!

There are two decent set pieces in the film, the rest they should have left on the cutting room floor.

4/10 and I'm being generous!
I'm not capable of such an in-depth review, but yeah, it was disappointing. I thought it was OK, not terrible, but nowhere near as good as I thought it would be.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41908 on: February 26, 2016, 08:17:16 am »
Room was very good - a tough watch and Larson was excellent.
A few really moving scenes too.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41909 on: February 26, 2016, 03:15:04 pm »
This has only just been upped-might have to wait a smidge till it's everywhere.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Sword of Destiny 2016 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO   

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41910 on: February 26, 2016, 03:46:39 pm »
This has only just been upped-might have to wait a smidge till it's everywhere.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Sword of Destiny 2016 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO   

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41911 on: February 26, 2016, 04:12:17 pm »
Forgot to mention, I thought this was ace. Like a modern day Gremlins really and whilst not quite in the same league it was still loads of fun ;D 8) :wave

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41912 on: February 26, 2016, 10:56:43 pm »
knock knock was a riot

watching the original print of star wars was a great experience, love 35mm nostalgia

also watched manhunter again, never get tired of watching it
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #41913 on: February 27, 2016, 12:00:29 am »
Just watched The Revenant, really impressed with it & kind of gutted I didn't see it at the cinema but nonetheless I enjoyed it all the same. Its the 4th oscar nominated film I've watched & I think this is the film to beat despite also enjoying Spotlight.
Thought Tom Hardy was brilliant as well.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #41914 on: February 27, 2016, 12:09:28 am »
Forgot to mention, I thought this was ace. Like a modern day Gremlins really and whilst not quite in the same league it was still loads of fun ;D 8) :wave

I liked Krampus too. Found it really endearing, and I absolutely loved the costume design. Can tell it's by the guy who done Trick 'r' treat

Not seen it yet, but I work in a cinema, it looks alright from what little I seen. Few decent jokes.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #41915 on: February 27, 2016, 07:00:18 am »
Very good film. Would recommend it to anyone who haven't seen it yet.

Going to watch The Big Short tonight, hope it's half as good as I expect it to be.
I was very disappointed with it...I thought it was ok, but I'd been taken in by the hype and all the way through it felt like watching a 2nd division version of wolf of wall st.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41916 on: February 27, 2016, 07:20:27 am »
Really enjoyed Brooklyn - thought is was gorgeous to look at, just beautiful.
Really good characters, funny, sweet and moving in places.
It has a timeless/classic look and feel too.
I wasn't really expecting to like it as much as I did.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #41917 on: February 27, 2016, 11:06:54 am »

Saw it yesterday. Meh. Overplayed family at Christmas scenario (yes I know it's not the main plot) and the whole horror/comedy element was watchable I guess. Good comparison with the Gremlins. Liked the very ending though.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #41918 on: February 27, 2016, 12:44:02 pm »
Saw Rocky VII Creed.

Perfectly solid boxing film with solid performances from the cast. It hasn't got much that's new in the way of a story, and you can read Coogler's moves from a mile away, as far as characters and plot devices go. Some of it comes out pretty cheesy, but between the nostalgia (I let out a whoop at the sound of that familiar trumpet sound in the final stages) and the well choreographed fights, there's a proper Rocky movie there.

I was just a little disappointed in Ryan Coogler's direction. I haven't seen Fruitvale Station, but I heard great things and expected a little more from him than a fan's loving tribute to the original film. 7.5 out of 10. Stallone will probably get a sentimental Oscar win for this, which on the balance I suppose I'm okay with. It's a decent field this year, but there aren't any real standouts that would be robbed by a Stallone win.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41919 on: February 27, 2016, 03:54:44 pm »
Krampus is very underrated, isn't it?

Watched it last night. It's a film that reminded me of how they used to make them in the 80's, only without really trying to be if that makes sense.