Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3474038 times)

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #41600 on: January 26, 2016, 04:44:05 pm »
The latest blockbuster of 2016 has just received a U Classification by the British Board of Film Classification

PAINT DRYING (2016)

Type Feature

Approx. Running minutes 607

BBFCInsight no material likely to offend or harm

Genre(s) Documentary

Director(s) Charlie Lyne

Cast includes Not known

Summary PAINT DRYING is a film showing paint drying on a wall

Yes it's 10 hour film showing paint drying on a wall.

And as it was up for official classification, someone (or multiple people) had to sit through every second of those 10 hours to ensure it was given the correct rating for viewing.

It was submitted by Charlie Lyne as a protest against censorship and mandatory classification.

He has stated that it took 2 days to be classified as the board are only allowed to sit through 9 hours a day.

Not sure if there is a torrent out there yet :P

I'd say as long as he didn't use lead paint they've got that classification about right
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41601 on: January 26, 2016, 05:47:24 pm »
The latest blockbuster of 2016 has just received a U Classification by the British Board of Film Classification

PAINT DRYING (2016)

Type Feature

Approx. Running minutes 607

BBFCInsight no material likely to offend or harm

Genre(s) Documentary

Director(s) Charlie Lyne

Cast includes Not known

Summary PAINT DRYING is a film showing paint drying on a wall

Yes it's 10 hour film showing paint drying on a wall.

And as it was up for official classification, someone (or multiple people) had to sit through every second of those 10 hours to ensure it was given the correct rating for viewing.

It was submitted by Charlie Lyne as a protest against censorship and mandatory classification.

He has stated that it took 2 days to be classified as the board are only allowed to sit through 9 hours a day.

Not sure if there is a torrent out there yet :P
Well, it's been done before, hasn't it? Just ask United fans. They watch paint drying every week.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #41602 on: January 26, 2016, 07:31:13 pm »
Grandma 2015 720p BluRay x264-BLOW

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41603 on: January 26, 2016, 07:34:53 pm »
Picked this up before...about fucking time too. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41604 on: January 26, 2016, 08:40:35 pm »
This is about.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyipgVclKuE?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IyipgVclKuE?fs=1</a>

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41605 on: January 26, 2016, 09:58:12 pm »
Hey. :wave

Freaks Of Nature 2015 LIMITED 720p BluRay x264-SNOW

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #41606 on: January 26, 2016, 10:15:40 pm »

Nice - looking forward to this.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #41607 on: January 27, 2016, 01:05:28 am »
Bit of blatant self promo.

I composed the score for this TV pilot for RTE Storyland in Ireland:
http://www.rte.ie/player/6c/show/storyland-1239/10519611/?ap=1

Enjoyed that mate...  well done.  8)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41608 on: January 27, 2016, 11:36:29 am »
This is about.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyipgVclKuE?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IyipgVclKuE?fs=1</a>
This was good. A lot more....nuanced than most American films about this war...nothing like American Sniper....a less black and white narrative,a more grey-realistic one, in that there's a lot more than fighting the "baddies" going on in Afghanistan. Worth a watch.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41609 on: January 27, 2016, 12:08:41 pm »
Info: Ever bought a used car from a dealer before? Want to know what REALLY happens behind the scenes?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/W7gRo2k9qb8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/W7gRo2k9qb8</a>

This shit is true  ;)
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41610 on: January 27, 2016, 12:10:16 pm »
Hey. :wave

You cheeky monkey! Cheers topman :wave

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41611 on: January 27, 2016, 02:37:37 pm »
Room is stunning.  Not quite perfect, but beautiful and heartbreaking.  Fantastic soundtrack and the performances from the main two actors, including the 7 year old lad are incredible.  He's been robbed not getting a nomination.

Shout for The Big Short too, very good film.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41612 on: January 27, 2016, 10:44:24 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cwJTnUkyvVg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cwJTnUkyvVg</a>

RLM more or less repeating what I thought about DiCaprio's performance in The Revenant, and just about him as an actor in general.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #41613 on: January 27, 2016, 10:53:21 pm »
This was good. A lot more....nuanced than most American films about this war...nothing like American Sniper....a less black and white narrative,a more grey-realistic one, in that there's a lot more than fighting the "baddies" going on in Afghanistan. Worth a watch.

Spot on mate

No surprise it was a Canadian movie (much like I imagine a British movie abt Afghanistan would be)

Such a complex country and situation that (respectfully) 99.9% of Americans cant understand due to their media and political indoctrination that the system works, that they should shut their eyes, close their ears, shut their mouths and watch Kim and Kayne

Not that we are much better - Big brother, I was a celebrity and now Im in a safe controlled environment in Australia, X contest, Bake stuff, dance about, do a ski jump, Jeremy Kyle, don't tell me what happens on a telly programme, selfie, you tube spew out shit, watch children play video games online society

Soz, bad day

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:59:35 pm by Igor Tripod Biscan »
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41614 on: January 27, 2016, 10:53:22 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cwJTnUkyvVg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cwJTnUkyvVg</a>

RLM more or less repeating what I thought about DiCaprio's performance in The Revenant, and just about him as an actor in general.

lasted just over a minute ...dislike film reviewers at the best of times and those two annoying pricks reminded me why
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41615 on: January 27, 2016, 10:59:40 pm »

lasted just over a minute ...dislike film reviewers at the best of times and those two annoying pricks reminded me why
Their reviews are very good, detailed, entertaining and generally spot on.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #41616 on: January 27, 2016, 11:33:37 pm »
Used to hate looking at reviewers both for music and film, now I enjoy it. Has to be taken with a pinch of salt, if the reviewer is giving what's clearly their own opinion and backs it up I don't see an issue. It's just the same as us discussing on here only they've decided for better or worse to stick their neck out a bit more.

On the review in question, I was saying something similar about how I don't see why Leo should get an Oscar for basically screaming for an hour and a bit. Thought Tom Hardy put in a better showing as well.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41617 on: January 27, 2016, 11:46:51 pm »
On the review in question, I was saying something similar about how I don't see why Leo should get an Oscar for basically screaming for an hour and a bit.

If thats what they said, I'm double glad I never watched it.......absolute yarbles
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #41618 on: January 27, 2016, 11:55:43 pm »
If thats what they said, I'm double glad I never watched it.......absolute yarbles
Yeah, seems to be a bit of a split on his performance. Some people bought into the angry squinting, some didn't.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41619 on: January 27, 2016, 11:59:22 pm »
What they said about Hardy is true. It's true because I'd the exact reaction to what they were saying when I watched the film. I'd no idea Hardy was in it. It took me about 5 minutes to click on that it was him, and my first reaction was "Is that Tom Hardy? That sort of looks like him." then I paused the film to Imdb it to make sure. In contrast, Leo was just Leo putting on a shite accent of what his idea of a southerner sounded like back in the gold rush days. Same way he sounded just like himself in Blood Diamond, which I watched recently, and whilst I didn't mind him in it the first time I watched it a few years ago, watching him now in it, he's actually pretty fucking terrible. His SA accent is brutal.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #41620 on: January 28, 2016, 01:09:41 am »
Used to hate looking at reviewers both for music and film, now I enjoy it. Has to be taken with a pinch of salt, if the reviewer is giving what's clearly their own opinion and backs it up I don't see an issue. It's just the same as us discussing on here only they've decided for better or worse to stick their neck out a bit more.

On the review in question, I was saying something similar about how I don't see why Leo should get an Oscar for basically screaming for an hour and a bit. Thought Tom Hardy put in a better showing as well.

The guy basically gets more and more grim in every film appearance in the bid for a statuette. He's a fine actor, but I've gotten to the point where I basically dread the next film I see with him in it because of how grim he is. Oscars should not be awarded for the average number of lines in your face per minute of screentime, or Danny Trejo would be a multi-Oscar winner. I hope when he wins the Oscar this year, which I'm sure he will, he'll lighten up a bit and do more Wolf of Wall Street and less Revenant.

I should say that I think he's a good actor and wouldn't begrudge him of a statuette for his body of work. But let's face it, he wouldn't even be the favourite this year if the rest of the field was so weak.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #41621 on: January 28, 2016, 01:18:35 am »

They are very hard to listen to when they get it so wrong.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41622 on: January 28, 2016, 01:33:59 am »
I watched Unleashed last night. It was average. No better than 5/10. I'd have given it a 6 but for being insulted towards the end.

Danny shoves Sam and the girl into a cupboard so he can go knock 7 different kinds of fuck out of 50 guys with guns. Eventually, he gets 'trapped' in a room. He pulls a chandelier down and starts shuffling around in the floor/ceiling, before popping out of the floorboards in Sam's gaff.
All is well. Apart from the fact there are 5 or 6 motherfuckers standing outside with automatic weapons ready to shoot on sight.
Bart, upon hearing Danny climb out of the floor, tells his men to 'Wait here'. There's another 4 or 5 of them standing in the corridor with guns waiting there like good boys.
Bart eventually gets smashed over the head with a plant by a blind Sam. The 10-12 guys with big fucking guns are obviously unaware of this.

Do they just let Danny, Sam, and whatshername stroll on out? Because the next fucking scene has the 3 of them in the theatre playing the c*nt piano  :no :no :no :no
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41623 on: January 28, 2016, 02:01:36 am »
they are almost never hard to listen to for me, even when they're wrong they're entertaining or at least somewhat thought provoking.

I watched Unleashed last night. It was average. No better than 5/10. I'd have given it a 6 but for being insulted towards the end.

i'd forgotten about that movie and yeah, i'd rate it 4/10. i was a big Jet Li fan back in the day, tried rewatching The One a couple of months ago but couldn't even finish it. Kiss of the Dragon was an excellent action film though.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:03:07 am by Pelé as a Comedian »

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41624 on: January 28, 2016, 02:42:28 am »
Na, depends who you ask, doesn't it? They certainly weren't wrong about Hardy's role next to him in that. I think Di Caprio is just average. Average to borderline bad. The only reason why people think he's the best thing since sliced bread is because he became "tolerable" after Titanic when he was in The Departed. Every single time he tries an accent, it's terrible. His Irish accent was shite. His Boston accent was shite. His South African accent was shite. His mid western southern American accent is shite. Then there's his go to emotion, which basically boils down to him shouting...a lot.

I should say that I think he's a good actor and wouldn't begrudge him of a statuette for his body of work. But let's face it, he wouldn't even be the favourite this year if the rest of the field was so weak.
Shouldn't even be nominated. He's 'watchable' to me. That's it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:48:49 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41625 on: January 28, 2016, 09:44:13 am »
On Di Caprio, If he doesn't win this year, you just know his next film will just be a headshot of him getting punched in the face for three hours. ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41626 on: January 28, 2016, 10:51:12 am »
Another one that wasn't great, watchable but not particularly funny and kinda disjointed. You defo have to be a fan of the genre to get anything from it :-\

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41627 on: January 28, 2016, 11:09:51 am »
Another one that wasn't great, watchable but not particularly funny and kinda disjointed. You defo have to be a fan of the genre to get anything from it :-\

Yeah I read some brutal reviews...sounded lame.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41628 on: January 28, 2016, 12:55:57 pm »
Looking forward to the new film by the Coen brothers.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kMqeoW3XRa0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kMqeoW3XRa0</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vMUUKtF_BF0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vMUUKtF_BF0</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #41629 on: January 28, 2016, 12:56:45 pm »
Watched yesterday 'A tale Of Two Sisters'. Idiot had it (alongside 'A bittersweet Life' on my disk for years and didn't realise it until I had to sort out movies and TV Shows for Plex.

Anyway, what a brilliant film. Absolutely loved it. The supernatural thing was in a relevantly small dose and I liked that cause a bit more of it and it would have ruined it for me. Was not the point of the movie anyway. The performances were spot on, twists(fucking hell, they were stunning) dropped as bombs and towards the end it was brilliantly orchestrated and truly heart wrenching stuff.

Fantastic film and if 'A bittersweet life' is half as good as that one, then it will be great.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41630 on: January 28, 2016, 02:55:00 pm »
Yes, those two reviewers need a lesson in brevity; they make some excellent points, but I would be more enamoured to them if they concisely offered their opines - otherwise, it just looks like a waffle. I think what pissed me of more was the fact that one of them stated that 'The regular movie-goer, unlike us'. Well, okay - but if you're genuinely offering a review for people who haven't seen it, the last thing you should do is to try an elevate your status because you have a Youtube channel.

The points they make can be seen anywhere you look - mostly all the issues/points they raised can easily be found in an hour on 4chan or Reddit.

If I were to gripe however (like they are, really)

One of the more irritating things about it was how they interwoven Glass losing his ability to speak. If you work backwards, you think that they needed a more dramatic motivation for his survival - hence his boy. Now, obviously Fitzgerald killed him, but had the bear not had the foresight to miss his larynx, jugular but hit his voicebox. Because one of the mitigating hole-fillers in this film is that, if he could talk, the film would be very short. If his arms and hands could work, he could have wrote...

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story should have been the tagline to this film. Whilst beautifully shot and Tom Hardy could easily have played either role (whereas LDV couldn't), it lacked something. That was that, it felt like an ensemble cast AND LDC. As oppose to a ensemble cast of actors telling a tale of a group of people intertwined by an event.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41631 on: January 28, 2016, 03:23:58 pm »

Yeah the saw the trailer in cinema the other day before The Big Short - looked great.
What a cast too.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41632 on: January 28, 2016, 04:40:23 pm »
Na, depends who you ask, doesn't it? They certainly weren't wrong about Hardy's role next to him in that. I think Di Caprio is just average. Average to borderline bad. The only reason why people think he's the best thing since sliced bread is because he became "tolerable" after Titanic when he was in The Departed. Every single time he tries an accent, it's terrible. His Irish accent was shite. His Boston accent was shite. His South African accent was shite. His mid western southern American accent is shite. Then there's his go to emotion, which basically boils down to him shouting...a lot.
Shouldn't even be nominated. He's 'watchable' to me. That's it.

as you say It depends who you ask, if you were to ask me for example, I'd say that Hardy chewed his way through the scenery - Redwoods in this case, like a ravenous beaver - as he is prone to doing....but the performance was balanced out by the excellence of De Caprio's physically challenging but convincing portrayal of survival and a man on a mission.....not really arsed about accents, if so Rob Brydon would be up for multiple awards annually...and at the same time never really rated De Caprio as an actor, but in this movie he gets it right.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41633 on: January 28, 2016, 04:41:25 pm »
btw....watched the original 1971 version of the Revenant at the weekend - 'Man in The Wilderness' ...dated somewhat but always great to see Richard Harris strutting his stuff....fans of the newer version should find plenty to enjoy

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41634 on: January 28, 2016, 04:57:33 pm »

as you say It depends who you ask, if you were to ask me for example, I'd say that Hardy chewed his way through the scenery - Redwoods in this case, like a ravenous beaver - as he is prone to doing....but the performance was balanced out by the excellence of De Caprio's physically challenging but convincing portrayal of survival and a man on a mission.....not really arsed about accents, if so Rob Brydon would be up for multiple awards annually...and at the same time never really rated De Caprio as an actor, but in this movie he gets it right.

Well that is a good point because plenty of 'one character' actors have had very successful careers and it could be said that he somewhat roles himself on Jack Nicholson.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41635 on: January 28, 2016, 05:17:47 pm »

I agree, I didn't think Hardy was that great and if anyone had a very poor/obviously fake accent, it was Hardy.
Didn't stop any enjoyment of the film at all and I too thought DiCaprio was excellent in this role, very convincing.

It's all just opinions though.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #41636 on: January 29, 2016, 11:27:49 am »
Watched yesterday 'A tale Of Two Sisters'. Idiot had it (alongside 'A bittersweet Life' on my disk for years and didn't realise it until I had to sort out movies and TV Shows for Plex.

Anyway, what a brilliant film. Absolutely loved it. The supernatural thing was in a relevantly small dose and I liked that cause a bit more of it and it would have ruined it for me. Was not the point of the movie anyway. The performances were spot on, twists(fucking hell, they were stunning) dropped as bombs and towards the end it was brilliantly orchestrated and truly heart wrenching stuff.

Fantastic film and if 'A bittersweet life' is half as good as that one, then it will be great.

Yeah mate, "Two Sisters" is a beauty, and "Bittersweet Life" is a cracking good film - you will really enjoy it.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #41637 on: January 29, 2016, 11:33:32 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kMqeoW3XRa0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kMqeoW3XRa0</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vMUUKtF_BF0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vMUUKtF_BF0</a>

That's how I like my Coens, and the reason I fell for them in the first place - period piece, big ideas, full of whimsy, unafraid to trade some realism for style and wit. Looks great.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #41638 on: January 29, 2016, 12:17:30 pm »
Yeah mate, "Two Sisters" is a beauty, and "Bittersweet Life" is a cracking good film - you will really enjoy it.

Watched it last night. Good film indeed, very good leading performance in a (what I reckon) rather demanding role. Excellent subtlety between the protagonist and the girl. Just didn't love it as much as the tale of two sisters which I'm still in awe about it btw.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched it right after the latter :)
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41639 on: January 29, 2016, 04:56:59 pm »
Watched Grandma last night, Lily Tomlin and it was a decent watch.
Good little film, decent characters, not amazing or particularly profound but some decent scenes and fairly touching in places.

I enjoyed it, good indie feel to it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:58:53 pm by johnsmithlfc »