Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3473988 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #41560 on: January 21, 2016, 06:26:26 pm »
The Program 2015 1080p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #41561 on: January 21, 2016, 06:27:31 pm »
Suicide Squad looks like it's going to be great.

Harley Quinn is hot as hell in it

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #41562 on: January 21, 2016, 07:02:09 pm »
The Godfather: A Novel for Television

Godfather 1 and 2 edited in chronological order with tons of additional scenes from 2 (loads more Bobby D)

Fkin brilliant!

Available on IPT
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41563 on: January 21, 2016, 08:34:48 pm »

Didn't you think Del Toro's character was a badass though? I thought he was one cold motherfucker!  8)
Love Del Toro. One of my favourite actors. He's just cool as fuck and brilliant no matter what he's in. He exudes real screen presence, which is a rare quality in an actor these days. Something that try hards like DiCaprio don't have.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41564 on: January 21, 2016, 08:52:51 pm »
Burnt - 7/10 - Good film without being brilliant. Couple of times found the French accent a bit too much to understand what was being said but generally enjoyed it. The odd unexpected twist and bit of comedy mixed in with a sort of rags to riches type story.

Offline Dan Dando

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41565 on: January 22, 2016, 12:11:13 am »
Just finished Spotlight. What a film. Some great performances (especially Liev Schreiber and Stanley Tucci).
"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #41566 on: January 22, 2016, 04:12:20 am »
Love Del Toro. One of my favourite actors. He's just cool as fuck and brilliant no matter what he's in. He exudes real screen presence, which is a rare quality in an actor these days. Something that try hards like DiCaprio don't have.
Love the bit where he's sat cross legged in a white/cream linen suit in that briefing....anyone else would've looked a right fucking quilt but somehow he pulls off cool and menacing.
Loved him ever since the Usual Suspects and always look out for his films, as you say, the man has a presence! Although that wolf one was a bit of a fucking duffer what lol ;D
Just finished Spotlight. What a film. Some great performances (especially Liev Schreiber and Stanley Tucci).
Thought there were loads of fantastic performances but for me it was Ruffalo who stood out. Difficult content but a very engaging watch.
The Program 2015 1080p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO
Ha ha your favourite fella! ;D
VOD Friday.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UcOg2Q0ZiB4?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UcOg2Q0ZiB4?fs=1</a>
Anyway enough abar that c*nt, it's officially Friday, where's my fucking movie? :o :lickin :wave
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:25:20 am by Titi Camara »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41567 on: January 22, 2016, 03:56:25 pm »
Two films have dropped that look interesting....

Exposed
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4019560/
A police detective investigates the truth behind his partner's death. The mysterious case reveals disturbing police corruption and a dangerous secret involving an unlikely young woman.

Terminus
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3399896/
Following a near-fatal accident, David Chamberlain makes an unprecedented discovery that will not only determine the fate of his family, but of mankind.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41568 on: January 22, 2016, 03:59:11 pm »
Love the bit where he's sat cross legged in a white/cream linen suit in that briefing....anyone else would've looked a right fucking quilt but somehow he pulls off cool and menacing.
Loved him ever since the Usual Suspects and always look out for his films, as you say, the man has a presence! Although that wolf one was a bit of a fucking duffer what lol ;DThought there were loads of fantastic performances but for me it was Ruffalo who stood out. Difficult content but a very engaging watch.Ha ha your favourite fella! ;DAnyway enough abar that c*nt, it's officially Friday, where's my fucking movie? :o :lickin :wave
You fucka...have you made a film and not let me have a part in it...fuckin diva. :P ;D   I'm boycotting the Oscars now...me, Spike and Will..oh and Jada. ;D

It's not about yet mate.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41569 on: January 22, 2016, 04:01:38 pm »
You fucka...have you made a film and not let me have a part in it...fuckin diva. :P ;D   I'm boycotting the Oscars now...me, Spike and Will..oh and Jada. ;D

It's not about yet mate.
I have the premise for movie down on paper and I have downloaded some screen writing software....that's as far as I've got!

That's supposed to be my Friday night's veiwing! Ruining my weekend you are! ::) ;D

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41570 on: January 22, 2016, 04:13:27 pm »
https://www.google.nl/maps?hl=nl&ll=5.552687,-0.190254&spn=0.000043,0.021973&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=5.552687,-0.190254&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=po-40567433

I imagine Dave goes cycling with this fella in order to keep up with the latest film and telly downloads...(sorry couldn't make it embed)
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41571 on: January 23, 2016, 01:14:55 am »
Everly, what an odd freaking movie!! It's got Salma Hayek in which is a bonus the rest not so much.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #41572 on: January 23, 2016, 08:38:18 am »
Saw The Revenant.

Utterly beautiful.

Good thing too, because there wasn't much else going on there.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #41573 on: January 23, 2016, 09:14:41 am »
American remake of 'Martyrs' now VOD. I'd be interested to see how it pans out when compared to the stunning original. Just seems so...unnecessary. The remake of 'Let the Right One In' was interesting, but just lacked the essential sense of melancholy of the original.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #41574 on: January 23, 2016, 09:23:30 am »
American remake of 'Martyrs' now VOD. I'd be interested to see how it pans out when compared to the stunning original. Just seems so...unnecessary. The remake of 'Let the Right One In' was interesting, but just lacked the essential sense of melancholy of the original.

A few reviews I've read said that it has none of the atmosphere or jarring craziness from the first film.
Almost a direct remake with few changes but utterly pointless if you can actually read.

Honestly....just so pointless.

Didn't see remake of old boy or the eye or the million other remakes, won't be seeing this.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #41575 on: January 23, 2016, 10:59:34 am »
The Hateful Eight was good but too long.

Soon to re-watch We need to talk about Kevin. Really liked that movie.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41576 on: January 23, 2016, 02:53:18 pm »
Off to watch Ride Along 2 tonight. Dont have high hopes for it, trailer looks trash. Wife prefers that over Creed though.

Can't wait to watch IP Man 3 soon as well.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41577 on: January 23, 2016, 04:37:13 pm »
Off to watch Ride Along 2 tonight. Dont have high hopes for it, trailer looks trash. Wife prefers that over Creed though.

Can't wait to watch IP Man 3 soon as well.

Watched Ride Along 2 last week not expecting much and enjoyed it a lot to be honest.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41578 on: January 23, 2016, 05:01:22 pm »
Watched Ride Along 2 last week not expecting much and enjoyed it a lot to be honest.
What's it like compared to the first one?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41579 on: January 23, 2016, 05:09:09 pm »
What's it like compared to the first one?

I thought Ride Along 2 was better to be honest.

Oh and this one has Olivia Munn in it.  :-*

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41580 on: January 23, 2016, 05:16:41 pm »
I thought Ride Along 2 was better to be honest.

Oh and this one has Olivia Munn in it.  :-*
Say no more ;)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #41581 on: January 23, 2016, 06:31:02 pm »
Room is up there for the best picture award, it has to be a very strong contender.

It was on par with the Martian for me. Enjoyed the two of them more than the Revenant.

I wouldnt be the most articulate with words but I will say there was something about the way Room was shot that added so much to the movie. The cinematography added so much to the movie. This movie could be been shot differently and it wouldnt have been as good at all.

I must admit, I nealry cried at one stage as well. Great story. Not normally my type of movie but well worth the entrance fee.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #41582 on: January 23, 2016, 07:19:20 pm »
Anyone know any decent streaming sites please?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41583 on: January 23, 2016, 07:21:06 pm »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41584 on: January 23, 2016, 07:45:43 pm »
The Escobar film was shite.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #41586 on: January 23, 2016, 08:11:03 pm »
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41587 on: January 23, 2016, 11:02:39 pm »
Just back from The Revenant. What a beautifully bleak film, as raw as it is stunning. I would recommend watching it in the cinema, or waiting for a hd download (on a big telly) as you will miss out on the immersive experience. The film won't be to everyone's taste, as it pretty uncompromising, and it must be said, I did 'enjoy' the Martian more - however as a piece of art, the film is perfectly shot, and you truly experience everything the characters endure (especially Leo). Btw one of the final scenes at the stand off, was absolutely stunning, could have been a painting.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #41588 on: January 23, 2016, 11:22:59 pm »
Just back from The Revenant. What a beautifully bleak film, as raw as it is stunning. I would recommend watching it in the cinema, or waiting for a hd download (on a big telly) as you will miss out on the immersive experience. The film won't be to everyone's taste, as it pretty uncompromising, and it must be said, I did 'enjoy' the Martian more - however as a piece of art, the film is perfectly shot, and you truly experience everything the characters endure (especially Leo). Btw one of the final scenes at the stand off, was absolutely stunning, could have been a painting.
Couldn't have put it better myself. The scenery was spectacular as was Leo.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #41589 on: January 24, 2016, 09:03:28 am »
Watched Sicario last night - a good way to kill 2 hours
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41590 on: January 24, 2016, 04:32:26 pm »
where's my fucking movie? :o :lickin :wave
:wave

JeruZalem 2015 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41591 on: January 24, 2016, 07:07:51 pm »
:wave

JeruZalem 2015 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO
Top banana.....but to be frank......abar fucking time ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :wave

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41592 on: January 24, 2016, 07:40:22 pm »
Top banana.....but to be frank......abar fucking time ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :wave
I'm lazy..sue me. ;D ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41593 on: January 24, 2016, 10:23:40 pm »
Couldn't have put it better myself. The scenery was spectacular as was Leo.
Spot on :thumbup

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41594 on: January 24, 2016, 10:56:42 pm »
I've watched a few films over the last few days, enjoyed them all to varying degrees.

The Overnight. 5/10 - just silly but still made me laugh a few times.

Diary of a teenage girl - 7/10 - decent film this and tricky subject matter handled very well and honestly.

Just Jim.  6/10 - I liked the vibe of the film and these kinds of films are some of my faves, this one wasn't great but it had the indie vibe and for a debut it was decent, worth a watch.

He never died - 6/10 - really weird one this from the atmosphere to the acting and story...subdued.
Odd, violent but weirdly calm throughout.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:02:00 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41595 on: January 25, 2016, 09:27:37 am »
I'm lazy..sue me. ;D ;D
Jeruzalem
I want to say it was shit but it wasn't quite that bad, I was just disappointed.

It took a really long time to hit it's stride and the Google Glass gimmick just made it feel like a really long advert rather than adding something to the narative or viewing experience.

There was a decent film in there somewhere but you only get glimpses of it.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #41596 on: January 26, 2016, 03:26:52 pm »
The latest blockbuster of 2016 has just received a U Classification by the British Board of Film Classification

PAINT DRYING (2016)

Type Feature

Approx. Running minutes 607

BBFCInsight no material likely to offend or harm

Genre(s) Documentary

Director(s) Charlie Lyne

Cast includes Not known

Summary PAINT DRYING is a film showing paint drying on a wall

Yes it's 10 hour film showing paint drying on a wall.

And as it was up for official classification, someone (or multiple people) had to sit through every second of those 10 hours to ensure it was given the correct rating for viewing.

It was submitted by Charlie Lyne as a protest against censorship and mandatory classification.

He has stated that it took 2 days to be classified as the board are only allowed to sit through 9 hours a day.

Not sure if there is a torrent out there yet :P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:28:42 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41597 on: January 26, 2016, 03:38:50 pm »
Saw The Big Short at cinema and really liked it... I thought it blended the seriousness and gravity of the situation with humour and absurdity very well.
Lots of laughs in the cinema and lots of headshaking too.

Really good film.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41598 on: January 26, 2016, 03:42:58 pm »
The Program was a good watch! Ben Foster did a decent job with Armstrong, got a lot of his manerisms bob on. I think those unfamiliar with the story will be genuinely shocked at how much of a bully and an all round prick Armstrong is.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41599 on: January 26, 2016, 04:11:27 pm »
Bit of blatant self promo.

I composed the score for this TV pilot for RTE Storyland in Ireland:
http://www.rte.ie/player/6c/show/storyland-1239/10519611/?ap=1