Author Topic: David Moyes was the manager of Manchester United  (Read 3097035 times)

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Re: David Moyes is still the manager of Manchester United
« Reply #13040 on: December 1, 2013, 07:06:54 pm »
Could be worse, could lose to Hull City, or is it Tigers.....

Or worse still, be behind in the league a team that loses to Hull Tigers!

Imagine that!
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #13041 on: December 1, 2013, 07:08:36 pm »
Or even worse have David Moyes as our manager and no fucking hope, I'll take a bad game and a loss over that shite any day of the week.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Resilientz

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13042 on: December 1, 2013, 07:14:21 pm »
Got your swagger back? Christ.
10 men behind the ball vs Arsenal at OT for 94 mins and squeaking out a set piece goal with their best defender out.
Tearing apart Leverkusen who produced the worst European performance since the UEFA CL was created
3 miserable draws vs Cardiff (who got annihilated by Arsenal), Sociedad and Spurs (similarly annihilated by City).

Grinding out difficult wins is great. 3 points is 3 points. But lets not pretend it's swagger when it's really EXTREMELY negative football, mostly from set piece goals.

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #13043 on: December 1, 2013, 07:17:38 pm »
The thing is, our Manc visitors seem to be using Liverpool as the yardstick for their progression this season. The soft twats haven't noticed Arsenal racing off into the distance while they grind out some draws with "swagger". PoP must be feeling pretty smug to be honest  ;D

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #13044 on: December 1, 2013, 07:18:42 pm »
Everton and Newcastle at home for them this week, usually a guarantee of 6 points...

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #13045 on: December 1, 2013, 07:19:14 pm »

Ah, the embarrassing loss. so much more dangerous than the commonplace draw, as the title winning Liverpool team of 2008-09 will attest to.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13046 on: December 1, 2013, 07:22:36 pm »
Ah, the embarrassing loss. so much more dangerous than the commonplace draw, as the title winning Liverpool team of 2008-09 will attest to.
Who?

Nobody remembers runner ups.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #13047 on: December 1, 2013, 07:23:50 pm »
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #13048 on: December 1, 2013, 07:47:27 pm »
I wish I'd gone to gloat on redcafe after we got a draw last week, I wouldn't of looked like an utter dildo at all, no sir.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13049 on: December 1, 2013, 08:10:45 pm »
Who?

Nobody remembers runner ups.

You're not even funny.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13050 on: December 1, 2013, 08:17:17 pm »
yes runners up that year, mind we didnt have the officials in  our pockets, when you lot were 2-0 down against spurs  and webb gave you that penalty  for your player falling over thin air i had a big feeling  we wouldnt win it....
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13051 on: December 1, 2013, 08:31:26 pm »
Just read some of the Mancs comments on here, it's getting dull and boring can we not fuck him off back to red cafe or anywhere really.
Seen good posters on here banned for talking less shit.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13052 on: December 1, 2013, 08:46:10 pm »
Ah leave them be. They're only doing it in here and they're not being too bad with it. Everyone's got time for gallows humour.

They're happy with Moyes, we're happy they've got Moyes. Can't we just get along for a bit?

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #13053 on: December 1, 2013, 08:50:53 pm »
The thing is, our Manc visitors seem to be using Liverpool as the yardstick for their progression this season. The soft twats haven't noticed Arsenal racing off into the distance while they grind out some draws with "swagger". PoP must be feeling pretty smug to be honest  ;D
To be honest I'm still working on the assumption that Arsenal are going to collapse sooner or later, and run into a sustained period of bad results. Probably around Christmas or January if I were to guess. The Ozil signing seems to have had a massive mental effect on their entire squad.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13054 on: December 1, 2013, 08:54:01 pm »
To be honest I'm still working on the assumption that Arsenal are going to collapse sooner or later, and run into a sustained period of bad results. Probably around Christmas or January if I were to guess. The Ozil signing seems to have had a massive mental effect on their entire squad.

I think you're right but I'm pretty certain it won't be your lot there to take advantage if and when the arsenal collapse happens. Your noisy neighbours on the other hand...

Offline chilongooner

• Kopite
  • There is only one Thierry Henry
« Reply #13055 on: December 1, 2013, 08:59:58 pm »

I hope people continue to operate under that assumption and continue to underestimate us. First it was "Arsenal are going to collapse in November like they always do". Now our collapse is being pushed back to January. I just don't see a "collapse" happening this year. We will probably strengthen the squad at least a bit in January and even if we do not win the League this year I doubt it will be because of a collapse and a sustained period of bad results.  This team has just shown too much resilience and mental toughness during all of 2013 (unlike say Arsenal of 08-09 vintage). We continually bounce back from a bad result like at OT against you with wins and confidence has not been affected unlike in previous years from 06-12.  Considering that players have extra motivation this year  with the  World Cup coming up I just don't see a "collapse" as going to happen. That doesn't mean I am convinced we will the league but whether we do or don't it will be a very close race and likely come down to the final few games and who can get results at the end of the marathon. 

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13056 on: December 1, 2013, 09:08:48 pm »
So what you're saying is you like the fact that he underestimates Arsenal?

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #13057 on: December 1, 2013, 09:13:55 pm »

I think that's wishful thinking. Ozil may have added a slight mental edge but Arsenal having been playing great and getting results for nearly a year now. It would take a massive implosion for you to catch them now, aswell as you becoming extremely consistent, not only beating the lesser teams but also some top teams. I just don't see it. Think you should prepare for the fact you're going to finish behind all three of City, Arsenal and Chelsea and get ready for a fight for top four between the four of yourselves, Spuds, Everton and us.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #13058 on: December 1, 2013, 09:27:18 pm »
So what you're saying is you like the fact that he underestimates Arsenal?
;D I can only hope it turns out that way.

I think you're right but I'm pretty certain it won't be your lot there to take advantage if and when the arsenal collapse happens. Your noisy neighbours on the other hand...
I reckon Chelsea are more likely to get their house together and take advantage of any Arsenal slip if one occurs. They look like the only side capable of stringing a run of scrappy wins together amid their good performances. City are precarious on the road, as they've shown. Like us in 10-11.

Maybe I am being hopeful about Arsenal but in fairness there is a 5 or 6 year precedent for an annual Arsenal collapse at some stage in the season, it's not absurd to suggest it could happen again. Even if they look like a new team this season.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13059 on: December 1, 2013, 09:29:11 pm »
It's not the points, it's the performances.

We have our swagger back, we may not have won but we are getting there.
Only Arsenal have put some form together whilst we have faltered.
Lots for us to be optimistic about.

Haha did you see yourself against Cardiff?

Arsenal's performance there yesterday showed how far off you still are under Moyes.

Shite again today. On the back foot for much of the game. Cleverly and Jones as a midfield pair? Bloody laughable.

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #13060 on: December 1, 2013, 09:43:19 pm »
Haha did you see yourself against Cardiff?

Arsenal's performance there yesterday showed how far off you still are under Moyes.

Shite again today. On the back foot for much of the game. Cleverly and Jones as a midfield pair? Bloody laughable.

Come on mate, did you not watch their game today? How could you not notice the "swagger"  ;D

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13061 on: December 1, 2013, 09:47:12 pm »
It's not the points, it's the performances.

We have our swagger back, we may not have won but we are getting there.
Only Arsenal have put some form together whilst we have faltered.
Lots for us to be optimistic about.

I really, really hope the majority of United fans feel the same way.

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13062 on: December 1, 2013, 09:47:46 pm »
Come on mate, did you not watch their game today? How could you not notice the "swagger"  ;D

Makes me laugh how he's trying to delude himself. Swagger.. fuckin hell.

We're both going to be a mile off (double digits id say) the top 3 come the end of the season.

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #13063 on: December 1, 2013, 09:53:53 pm »
Makes me laugh how he's trying to delude himself. Swagger.. fuckin hell.

We're both going to be a mile off (double digits id say) the top 3 come the end of the season.

All the swagger of the Hunchback of Notre Dame........ or Wayne Rooney

Offline chilongooner

• Kopite
  • There is only one Thierry Henry
« Reply #13064 on: December 1, 2013, 10:22:01 pm »
Maybe I am being hopeful about Arsenal but in fairness there is a 5 or 6 year precedent for an annual Arsenal collapse at some stage in the season, it's not absurd to suggest it could happen again. Even if they look like a new team this season.

Except that hasn't applied the past two seasons. Both of the past two seasons we started like shite and had to really perform in the final stretch to even get 4th so I don't think that precedent  is relevant anymore considering whats happened the last two years when we started weak and finished strong.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13065 on: December 1, 2013, 10:47:20 pm »
Never a pen for them today lucky twats

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13066 on: December 1, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »

Aw i thought the ref made a good shout there on that one.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #13067 on: December 2, 2013, 12:01:30 am »
Aw i thought the ref made a good shout there on that one.
I know one thing, Mike Dean couldn't give it quickly enough, the fucking twat.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #13068 on: December 2, 2013, 12:24:35 am »
Enjoying Moyes side getting better

No quick sack for him. Lovely stuff

Let try to remember he wont really start giving until its time to build. Im sure he'll try to keep all fergies signings there until theyre 50. Hes probably got Giggs giving them all yoga lessons now

But for the near future this thread will ebb and flow.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13069 on: December 2, 2013, 01:46:04 am »
So if you signed, say someone like Goetze or Ribery, it would hardly be a great signing because they have not played in the EPL? That theory has been shot years ago and you only have to look at Fellaini with us, he has years of proven experience in the EPL but has found it tough so far (can't judge him yet but that theory of EPL proven is nonsense). You only have to look in your backyard at Suarez to confirm that, he has been great with no previous experience in the EPL.

Late to the party, but - setting aside the EPL furore - I'm not sure how this has anything to do with my post or its underlying point.

Offline Erics Collar Don't Mata

• always did look ridiculous.
  • Main Stander
  • Not arrogant, just better.
« Reply #13070 on: December 2, 2013, 02:36:30 am »
Late to the party, but - setting aside the EPL furore - I'm not sure how this has anything to do with my post or its underlying point.
You implied Kagawa wasn't a good signing based on him not having any Premier League experience, that's all.

On the game, very disappointing especially given how good we were mid week. Fair play to Tottenham though, they were very good and their fans were right behind them, they bounced back well.

Wasn't a very bad performance but it did lack a bit through the middle which is an all to familiar problem. A draw at Tottenham has never been seen as a bad result but given that our rivals had good results, it wasn't a good weekend.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #13071 on: December 2, 2013, 02:38:34 am »
You implied Kagawa wasn't a good signing based on him not having any Premier League experience, that's all.

On the game, very disappointing especially given how good we were mid week. Fair play to Tottenham though, they were very good and their fans were right behind them, they bounced back well.

Wasn't a very bad performance but it did lack a bit through the middle which is an all to familiar problem. A draw at Tottenham has never been seen as a bad result but given that our rivals had good results, it wasn't a good weekend

No we didn't, we lost :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Erics Collar Don't Mata

• always did look ridiculous.
  • Main Stander
  • Not arrogant, just better.
« Reply #13072 on: December 2, 2013, 02:40:58 am »
No we didn't, we lost :D
Oh yeh, forgot we were striving for a top half finish again. My bad.  ;)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #13073 on: December 2, 2013, 02:44:20 am »
Oh yeh, forgot we were striving for a top half finish again. My bad.  ;)

Top four, my friend. You're not challenging for the league this year. Not unless you can win 21 of the next 25 games. :)
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13074 on: December 2, 2013, 08:49:01 am »
Not looking likely to be challenging for the title.
It'll be interesting to see if we manage to finish in front of them this season.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #13075 on: December 2, 2013, 09:12:56 am »
Not looking likely to be challenging for the title.
It'll be interesting to see if we manage to finish in front of them this season.
We would have, had Sturridge stayed fit.
But now.. :-\
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13076 on: December 2, 2013, 09:49:42 am »
We would have, had Sturridge stayed fit.
But now.. :-\

Not sure we should make excuses for our team like that, no matter how valid they might be.
They are going through a very serious transition while we have finaly had some stability to build upon.
We need to be aiming higher, we need to desperately want to be better then them, to finish higher then them - It's a challenge we should finally accept and thrive on.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #13077 on: December 2, 2013, 09:57:50 am »
There's an awful long way to go yet - it's long way too early to be predicting anything for anyone.

But whenever any team have lost 3 or 4 games while others around them are losing only 1 or 2, then I agree, it does not auger well for the title aspirations of either of us with 25 games plus European and any Cup games still to come. We can only wait and see who shapes best and delivers the goods.  Squad-strength-wise it ought to be down to Chelsea or City.

I think Arsenal's bright start might not be sustainable come the cold,cold wintry matches and whether Everton - tough to beat as always - can mount anything meaningful with Lukaku in the LONE top scorer mood is a real unknown should the big Belgian pick up a 3 or 4 game stopper knock. That said, he is some beast of a talent isn't he? Reminds me of (but better than) a younger Drogba. Better than because Lukaku doesn't do the continual dying swan routine.

Summary synopsis? 25 long, hard league games to go - there are probably only 4 real challengers with 2 or 3 more as pretenders.

We shall see but whoever it is that sits atop the table next May will have deserved to be there. It's the only constant that never varies in my book.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #13078 on: December 2, 2013, 10:38:10 am »
Well, Moyes has remained unbeaten for a long time now. He came through two tough games (Arsenal and Spurs) unscathed. They are now 2 points behind us, and since Southampton have lost 2 in a row, they must be favourite for 4th now. They will reach that before Xmas - of that I have no doubt.
Surprisingly, he is doing much better for them than Hodgson did for us. He even has less brain farts than Hodgson in his press conferences. To be honest, before November, I never knew he was a much better manager than Hodgson (and probably a better man too)...

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13079 on: December 2, 2013, 10:49:21 am »

Wasn't a very bad performance but it did lack a bit through the middle which is an all to familiar problem. A draw at Tottenham has never been seen as a bad result but given that our rivals had good results, it wasn't a good weekend.

A point at Tottenham is a perfectly good result.